Time to bring the loanees back

williamgerrard

Son Of Anarchy

History of "tool, sharpest, box, not" to be fair.

That would fill the dots for sure dude. Thought I'd leave it open to interpretation to keep warnings for more deserved causes ;)

Bit bizarre as none of these players have exactly lit the heather alight at their loan clubs.

January is notoriously difficult to get players in, especially for clubs who don't have money. It's an option if we're struggling but I would rather see what we could bring in first.

I can see the OPs point tbf.  We looked really short of options on the bench last night when it was clear we needed to make a change.  I'd rather see Juanma on the bench as an a attacking option than Sammon.  Similarly last night was a game where Reilly might have been a decent option, if only to harry and press the opposition a bit more.

I'm sure all of the loanees will come into Cathro's consideration as he continues to assess what he needs.

Big Slim Stylee

That would fill the dots for sure dude. Thought I'd leave it open to interpretation to keep warnings for more deserved causes ;)

You cunning old fox. :)

Benny Factor

McGhee is not better than Souter nor dose he have the potential to go anywhere near as far as Souter.

Were McGhee and Souttar not outstanding in central defence away to Ross County last season?

Bazzas right boot

People are idiots, get the folk back that made no progress in the cups and finished 3rd last year.

Because that will improve us this year?????

The only thing the loannees would add is strength to the bench, wouldn't add anything To the first eleven.

Definitely won't make us better than rangers or Aberdeen.

wheatfield to sheffield

All depends on if they had recall clauses in their contracts.

Does anyone actually know?

I thought McGhee's a one year loan then permanent transfer, so unlikely to be able to get him back.

Similarly, can Hearts definitely end Watt's loan unilaterally?

If it is always only up to Hearts and not the other clubs whether players come or go, then we worked out some great deals ? but that might just not be the case for all of them

Bazzas right boot

Were McGhee and Souttar not outstanding in central defence away to Ross County last season?

Jordan is shite, average SPL player, bound for at Johnstone or the likes next year.

I don't think Kings all that, but I always assumed when he left we'd get another winger in to replace him. We didn't, so we should get him back as cover for Walker and Nicholson.

Juanma back is a no brainier unless we sign a striker in January.

Not a huge fan of Reilly but he is a grafter, might not do much himself but he creates space for other players with his running. Would be a decent option on the bench.

McGhee not sure about, never impressed me.

Bazzas right boot

I don't think Kings all that, but I always assumed when he left we'd get another winger in to replace him. We didn't, so we should get him back as cover for Walker and Nicholson.

Juanma back is a no brainier unless we sign a striker in January.

Not a huge fan of Reilly but he is a grafter, might not do much himself but he creates space for other players with his running. Would be a decent option on the bench.

McGhee not sure about, never impressed me.

Agree on King and juanma.

Reilly is just a worse Sammon, but will be on about a third of the money, neither will have the teams above us scared

Agree on Jordan, but if Oz goes we are short there as well.

Seems daft but after a third place finish, we need a few players to make us better and a few to beef up what is a thin squad.

BRAVEHEART1874

With watt and sammon offering zilch can see why Juanma back would help. If Nicholson is still out for a bit can see why King back could help. Would prefer the manager to sign a new striker as well though especially if watt is away.

I like McGhee but he's not better than Souter and I don't think the 2 of them could play together for lack of height.

Yet somehow people think Aaron Hughes would work with Souttar. They are about the same height and build (McGhee and Hughes).

Reilly would be an improvement on Currie for the bench. His pace and movement may fit better into Cathro's style of play.

King would also add pace that we have been lacking but get the impression he doesn't want to be an impact sub.

Juanma - goal scorer yes, but too much baggage. Depends if we can get someone else in.

McGhee - not good enough for centre half and won't play full back.

iaingraham77

Get Reilly back...Juanma and King too...can't see McGhee coming back...Let Cathro make up his mind on them all

iaingraham77

Get Reilly back...Juanma and King too...can't see McGhee coming back...Let Cathro make up his mind on them all

BroughtyJambo

After tonights game  its clear as day we need   Billy king,Jordan mcghee and jaunma  back to bolster the squad options.

No, no and no.

A bench warmer, a poor defender who is no where near good enough and a disinterested forward who doesn't understand what being offside is. Rather we let all three go and free up the wages

Benny Factor

Jordan is shite, average SPL player, bound for at Johnstone or the likes next year.

I agree with you.

Just saying they were praised for their performance as a central defensive partnership that night.

No, no and no.

A bench warmer, a poor defender who is no where near good enough and a disinterested forward who doesn't understand what being offside is. Rather we let all three go and free up the wages

Yep, freeing up the wages is the best option, but perhaps unlikely. If we are to continue paying them then I'd rather they were in our squad which is so lacking in options it is scandalous.

Yet somehow people think Aaron Hughes would work with Souttar. They are about the same height and build (McGhee and Hughes).

Hughes is vastly more experienced though.  Positional sense and timing of the jump can compensate for a lack of height.  Someone with the experience of Hughes playing alongside Souttar can only help his development imo.  It could be like Jardine and Levein, or Pressley and Webster.

Hughes is vastly more experienced though. Positional sense and timing of the jump can compensate for a lack of height. Someone with the experience of Hughes playing alongside Souttar can only help his development imo. It could be like Jardine and Levein, or Pressley and Webster.

With Ireland he's beside Gareth McAuley - a commanding defender. Hughes is positionally good. He's not commanding though. I would be pleased to be proved wrong but I just don't see this working.

With Ireland he's beside Gareth McAuley - a commanding defender. Hughes is positionally good. He's not commanding though. I would be pleased to be proved wrong but I just don't see this working.

Fair comment. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reilly..why

King...why

McGhee..doesn't want to be here

Juanma..the only one to consider really and only if he was given the okay by our current head coach

Along with a couple of others we should look to move them on permanently this window

I think Juanma would be an improvement on Sammon but I don't think Reilly would be an improvement on Watt.

I personally don't think Juanma is consistent enough to justify possibly having to pay a fee to end his loan deal early, he wouldn't be our first choice centre forward unless Johnsen was injured or suspended.

If/when we do bring someone in, I think it would be better to go for a loan deal from an English Premier League/Championship team or a free agent, (Zeefuik...). Maybe Cathro could use his contacts at Newcastle and bring up one or two decent young players on loan, Callum Roberts, 19 year old winger has scored 4 and assisted 6 in 8 games for the U23's, Sean Longstaff, 19 year old attacking midfielder has 6 goals and 3 assists in 10 games. They would a bit of depth and quality to our squad.

People are idiots, get the folk back that made no progress in the cups and finished 3rd last year.

Because that will improve us this year?????

The only thing the loannees would add is strength to the bench, wouldn't add anything To the first eleven.

Definitely won't make us better than rangers or Aberdeen.

Your right but calling people idiots is a bit extreme.

Bazzas right boot

The guy with over 100 caps, played in the epl for 15 years, played at the Euros.

Aye, he'll be shite in this league because of his height....

Bazzas right boot

Your right but calling people idiots is a bit extreme.

Well, they're saying stupid shit.

Maybe they aren't idiot's, but they are acting like one!

Got someone else comparing Jordan and A Hughes, wtf?

Crazy.

BroughtyJambo

Reilly..why

King...why

McGhee..doesn't want to be here

Juanma..the only one to consider really and only if he was given the okay by our current head coach

Along with a couple of others we should look to move them on permanently this window

Really don't get the love in for bit part players which would add nothing to the first team or the bench. If we are writing this season off, then now is the time to tell King, McGhee, Juanma, Reilly, Sammon etc that they services are no longer required and will not be offered any deals at season end or current contracts torn up.

Really don't get the love in for bit part players which would add nothing to the first team or the bench. If we are writing this season off, then now is the time to tell King, McGhee, Juanma, Reilly, Sammon etc that they services are no longer required and will not be offered any deals at season end or current contracts torn up.

can't disagree there. I recon there's about 7 to 8 i'd get rid of.

BroughtyJambo

Built a very successful team for the championship and got rid of the dead weight with very few failures in recruitment/replacements but in the last two years the quality in recruitment seems to have stalled and the dead weight hasn't been let go, only put out on loan.

Djoum only getting 6month deal before being offered a longer one, other players only getting one and two year deals but then suddenly someone like Sammon gets a 3 yr deal.

We shouldn't be thinking the dead weight currently on loan can come back and help the team, we should be thinking about the poor summer recruitment and the potential for little movement in or out of the club this month.

Agree with this. These guys won't make it with Hearts, (imo). Time for a big clearout.

Thought Police

Reilly is just a worse Sammon

Scored about three times as many goals with far less opportunities

I remember Juanma at Easter Road replay

That's all I have to say

Scored a goal that was ruled out because of the guy up beside him.

No-one else talks about Juanma at Easter Road.

Archived