New Years eve

Turkishcap

Used to love first footing when really young with my parents and staying up late, loved the Tron when older for snogs then went up town before ticketing started and found it awful, never again. Standing with strangers not my idea of a good time, at one point both my feet off the ground and I was still moving forward.

So after that how do most Kickbackers celebrate? My preferred New Years eve of late was an Indian takeaway and Jools Holland, old fartish I know.

Pals are planning on getting tickets for The Jazz Bar and it's open until 5am. Really fancy it but just can't face trying to get home afterwards.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Meet up with 4 other families and their kids around 6, drink beer outside by the fire while the kids tear their house apart, home by 9. Bed by 10. Used to really love a huge night out on Hogmanay but that has only happened once in the last decade. 

Bridge of Djoum

Couple of friends coming over. I have a small Scotch collection at the moment so I'll introduce my American friends to the good stuff.

Couple of other pals are going to Times Square for the ball drop and fireworks.

*****ng bams.

Got a lodge booked with hot tub etc. Just me and the Mrs, sick of people now

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Sounds ideal.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Couple of friends coming over. I have a small Scotch collection at the moment so I'll introduce my American friends to the good stuff.

Couple of other pals are going to Times Square for the ball drop and fireworks.

*****ng bams.

Bugger that, my mate had an apt on Times Sq that we partied in one New Year (2006/7) and we would pop out onto the balcony occasionally to see the thousands all penned in with no drink for hours waiting for the ball drop.  Within 30 mins of it dropping the place had emptied.  

Bridge of Djoum

Sounds good mate.

People are over-rated.

Bridge of Djoum

Bugger that, my mate had an apt on Times Sq that we partied in one New Year (2006/7) and we would pop out onto the balcony occasionally to see the thousands all penned in with no drink for hours waiting for the ball drop.  Within 30 mins of it dropping the place had emptied.  

I have a mate that got there at 3pm, it was already rammed, didn't want to lose his half decent spot so wouldn't go to the toilet, and you can't drink in the perimeter. He said it was a great experience.

It took every ounce of control I had not to deck him.

the sub goalie

If I can shake off this cold then we plan to go to the ice hockey then pick up a take away on the way home and have a few drinks in the house.

Very little these days. This year will be the same. Either in the house, or perhaps my local, where I might manage to get a seat.

I have never managed to wrap my head around the idea of leaping up and down hugging people to celebrate a completely arbitrary point in time marked by the clock striking midnight, an entirely expected event which has been known about since clocks were invented.

Sorry to be a miserable old git, but I just don't get it. I'll Enthusuastically celebrate a goal by our team against any of our rivals or if a band I've gone to see play a not often played song that I like. In short there Is zero element of surprise which with the latter 2 events there is.

At New Year, I usually do bugger all but this year I'm going to Kent to visit my recently divorced mate who shares a rented flat with his 17yo trainwreck tearaway daughter who has a motley crew of wastrel friends. I'm there to shore up the numbers to stop them taking the place over, getting pissed, smoking weed, and Ummm other things. So I guess that could be kind of intetesting :)

J.T.F.Robertson

Might go along to the pub for the British version at 5pm or may just stay hame. Either way, will round it off with a Vindaloo chicken and garlic Nan.

Exciting stuff!

Riddley Walker

I have never managed to wrap my head around the idea of leaping up and down hugging people to celebrate a completely arbitrary point in time marked by the clock striking midnight, an entirely expected event which has been known about since clocks were invented.

Sorry to be a miserable old git, but I just don't get it. I'll Enthusuastically celebrate a goal by our team against any of our rivals or if a band I've gone to see play a not often played song that I like. In short there Is zero element of surprise which with the latter 2 events there is.

At New Year, I usually do bugger all but this year I'm going to Kent to visit my recently divorced mate who shares a rented flat with his 17yo trainwreck tearaway daughter who has a motley crew of wastrel friends. I'm there to shore up the numbers to stop them taking the place over, getting pissed, smoking weed, and Ummm other things. So I guess that could be kind of intetesting :)

:sweeet:

the stone rose

Early night as doing New Years Day triathlon this year. Seemed a good idea at the time. Normally go to a house party at a mates and see how smashed i can get.

Gordon Ramsay

Never really understood the hype over it, just another day really. 

Heading to my mates and probably get fairly smashed but that'll be it. 

Will be up town busking hooefully earning some cash before moving off to a gig later on at night. New years day in the house with the family.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

You'll have a great time.

b458c402-56a1-47af-b6db-f06c0aca9b1d.jpg

Big Slim Stylee

Might go along to the pub for the British version at 5pm or may just stay hame. Either way, will round it off with a Vindaloo chicken and garlic Nan.

Exciting stuff!

Easy to separate us "getting on a bit" on here :). Usual 4pm for the Brit toast, dinner and a party we go to every year that is run on NY time.  So sound asleep before the West Coast bells :)

Will be up town busking hooefully earning some cash before moving off to a gig later on at night. New years day in the house with the family.

Alim?

Are you the Waverley market guy or the BHS chap?

Alim?

Are you the Waverley market guy or the BHS chap?

Don't stuck to one spot mate. Usually along the royal Mile but occasionally along Waverly

scott herbertson

Will be having folk round to my house , will undoubtedly get pished, and once they've all gone to bed/ gone home I'll be sitting by myPC, pissed with music blaring out, probably some emotional prog rock from the 70s - these two examples usually get an airing around 5am

Jambof3tornado

Taxi service for junior and his burdz. I am only charging half what a real taxi would be.

Dont drink so happy to help them enjoy themselves.

Samuel Camazzola

Sounds good. You've found your inner peace!

Working, on call from Friday until next Friday expect 12-14 hr shifts 30th 31st 1st and 2nd

Hopefully get to game Friday night

Psychedelicropcircle

In my younger days was in bar oz for 12 noon to take in the oz NY, then just pretty much a sesh & if you saw your own then so be it.

Shanks said no

We are going to the bandstand to see nutini and the lightning seeds. Then heading home to bed, back up at 10am and heading to Musselburgh Races.

I would prefer to piss in the bath and lie in it than freeze my bollocks off standing in the middle of town with a bunch of strangers, followed by the inevitable walk home.

Each to their own though.

Will be having folk round to my house , will undoubtedly get pished, and once they've all gone to bed/ gone home I'll be sitting by myPC, pissed with music blaring out, probably some emotional prog rock from the 70s - these two examples usually get an airing around 5am

Reflections of my life - awesome song.

I'll be playing a gig at the Hermitage in Morningside. We won't be performing that though - unfortunately.

Christ aye, I forgot we had a mutual friend! ;)

Btw, its hogmanay people, we're not scotlandshire yet!

Doing hospitality tomorrow so will probably be to hungover to consider another drop of alcohol.

A takeaway and a film will do me.

In Tenerife for the next week. The civilised North.

Nice stroll on the beach followed by some nice food and wine. Should be a good new year.

Hate going out at Hogmanay. To make matters worse, Old Firm at lunchtime.

Got the weekend off so I'm gonna enjoy it, by doing **** all and no leaving the house.

Quiet night in with the family. Probably have to sit through that Harry Potter 5h1te again but give me 2 hours of that rather than 30 mins of Only an Excuse.

Can't even bevvy as I'll be having a good kick at the baw prior to the game tomorrow and at a party on the 1st.

Three nights otb is too much. Even for me.

Maybe. :D

Quiet night in with the family. Probably have to sit through that Harry Potter 5h1te again but give me 2 hours of that rather than 30 mins of Only an Excuse.

Can't even bevvy as I'll be having a good kick at the baw prior to the game tomorrow and at a party on the 1st.

Three nights otb is too much. Even for me.

Maybe. :D

I avoided Mrs Brown's Boys. I will also be avoiding OAE. I saw a small clip, and the clips, although brief, looked crap, with awful impressions.

Did the Tron as a teen in the eighties. Superb. 1984 going into '85 was an adventure. Many girls to kiss but kept being interupted by Jambos and Hibs casuals fighting.

Beat the feckers the next day, though.

these Orange Halls are definitely moving with the times

I avoided Mrs Brown's Boys. I will also be avoiding OAE. I saw a small clip, and the clips, although brief, looked crap, with awful impressions.

Used to be required viewing but it's been awful for years. Probably since the bloke who played Jamesie Cotter in Rab C departed (forget the actors name).

Judy Murray with "whers the bursds" Macca this year I've heard. That's good enough for me not to watch.

Ladies on Rotation at the Sky bar. Decent music and great views of the fireworks. Good value for ?20.

No idea what "ladies on rotation at the sky bar" means, but it sounds like a good way to spend an evening!

Archived