Who would your choice be from the alleged shortlist?

Say What Again

Who's it to be  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who's it to be

• Gudjon Thordarson
    • Vladimir Weiss
    • Andrei Zygmantovich
    • None of the above

Say What Again

So the papers reckon there are 3 in the running for the job. I can't say I'm overly excited about any of them, but there has been debate on various threads over the possible merits of each coach resulting in differing opinions on who the preferred candidate is.

Who's yours?

Thor or Weiss, not overly impressed by either although 'Mr G' does seem like a character so I voted for him.

Think everyone will agree we just need a manager asap. Many are past caring who it is.

Zggy just looks like bad news though. No more pyramid men!

Vladimir Weiss.

Thor boy was at Hibs.:107years:

incorrect.

with a username like yours I suspect you are a hobo so may as well get your facts right.

None of the above but one of the following;

Neil Warnock

Craig Levein

James Jeffries

Aidrian Boothroyd

Gary McAllister

and if Terry Butcher wants to work with any of these guys, then bring him in too. If ?350,000 was available for MM then it would buy any of the above.

Lets get a real manager, not some eccentric loony that is desperate for a job.

David Pleat.

Top man.

In a previous life with a major insurance company in Edinburgh I got a sneak review of his application for term assurance.

Sent him for 2 tests ;)in the late 80s for his night-time activities with his car. (allegedly).

Gigolo-Aunt
In a previous life with a major insurance company in Edinburgh I got a sneak review of his application for term assurance.

Sent him for 2 tests ;)in the late 80s for his night-time activities with his car. (allegedly).

;)

I would take him in a second.

Commander Harris

for me, it's close between Thordarson and Weiss. Thor has some British experience going for him, and he also seems to be a good character. Weiss has more experience at a level similar to ours and European experience too although I don't know much about him.

just going on my limited knowledge of either candidate I think Weiss edges it given the experience he has had at an arguably higher level.

Paisley Jambo
None of the above but one of the following;

Neil Warnock

Craig Levein

James Jeffries

Aidrian Boothroyd

Gary McAllister

and if Terry Butcher wants to work with any of these guys, then bring him in too. If ?350,000 was available for MM then it would buy any of the above.

Lets get a real manager, not some eccentric loony that is desperate for a job.

I like the sentiments of your post although I think we have no chance attracting the first and last names.

Arthur Axident

Vlad Vice reportedly only speaks a bit english

ah sheeet here we go again

arf

Say What Again

Quite a lot of support for the Icelandic biy - even with 'none of them' being an option.

Say What Again
David Pleat is an absolute buffoon.

and a kerb-crawler*

* not that that makes him a bad person ;)

Darth Sidious

None of them excite me. Gun to head...The Mighty Thor, but I voted Non of the Above. Raddy Antic stated he was interested last year. Why have we not spoken to him?

None of them excite me. Gun to head...The Mighty Thor, but I voted Non of the Above. Raddy Antic stated he was interested last year. Why have we not spoken to him?

Well I voted for Vladimir for one reason only.

"Mr Romanov sir do you still interfere with team selection?"

"Absolutely not Mr Weiss is the manager of Hearts, and it is plainly obvious therefore that Vladimir picks the team."

You really could not make it up:sad:

I went for Thor, although i think Weiss might actually be a decent shout. Big gamble though.

The fact that Billy Davies hasnt been approached for me tells its own story though....

Like most posters I don't really know which is more likely to get us to Hampden but I went for the Iceman on the basis that it means we can all wear a big Maroon and white plastic Viking helmets when we get there.

The other options offers little in the way of fancy dress.

Victor Meldrew
for me, it's close between Thordarson and Weiss. Thor has some British experience going for him, and he also seems to be a good character. Weiss has more experience at a level similar to ours and European experience too although I don't know much about him.

just going on my limited knowledge of either candidate I think Weiss edges it given the experience he has had at an arguably higher level.

Exactly what I think.

I do find it odd that some on here would rater have a man who almost got Leicester relegated from the Championship (Levein) than a man who got a team from a small league into the Champions LEague group stage, where they acquiited themselves pretty well (Weiss).

Commander Harris
Like most posters I don't really know which is more likely to get us to Hampden but I went for the Iceman on the basis that it means we can all wear a big Maroon and white plastic Viking helmets when we get there.

Slovak traditional dress:

353px-Slovaci_u_Srbiji.jpg

I'm sticking with Weiss, even by your criteria. :D

Guest JamboRobbo
Exactly what I think.

I do find it odd that some on here would rater have a man who almost got Leicester relegated from the Championship (Levein) than a man who got a team from a small league into the Champions LEague group stage, where they acquiited themselves pretty well (Weiss).

Knowing what is required to be successful in the SPL, to steady the ship a bit, get rid of the crap, and sign some players who are proven to be effective at SPL level.

That is what we need right now.

Not a gamble that could easily go wrong and see us in danger of relegation next year.

I like your way of thinking.

I'm going to buy a giant novelty hammer now

I voted for Thor

He seems to long in the tooth, to be a yes man.

Unlike weiss, he sticks to the high heavens to me as a yes man.

Victor Meldrew
Knowing what is required to be successful in the SPL, to steady the ship a bit, get rid of the crap, and sign some players who are proven to be effective at SPL level.

That is what we need right now.

Not a gamble that could easily go wrong and see us in danger of relegation next year.

I don't agree that there needs to ba manaer with SPL experience to be able to get rid of the crap etc. A good manager (even without SPL experience) is unlikely to have us in relegation difficulties.

Malofeev and Korobochka / Cerenkov did badly because Eddy M is a nutter and the other two simply aren't any good. I think Weiss would be different.

The SPL is a league which in terms of its standing in Europe is mediocre at best. I don't think we need have any real fear of relegation.

Guest JamboRobbo
I don't agree that there needs to ba manaer with SPL experience to be able to get rid of the crap etc.

I think it'd make the process a lot quicker and easier and more accurate though?

A good manager (even without SPL experience) is unlikely to have us in relegation difficulties.

I'd tend to agree, but my point is, it could happen. Without even necessarily being a bad manager, he could get it all wrong due to misjudging what is needed in the SPL.

Malofeev and Korobochka / Cerenkov did badly because Eddy M is a nutter and the other two simply aren't any good.

Well, thats not what we were being told when they came here.

I think Weiss would be different.

What evidence do we have that puts him appart from the other names we've listed e.g. Cernakov and co above?

The SPL is a league which in terms of its standing in Europe is mediocre at best. I don't think we need have any real fear of relegation.

Well, had it not been for Gretna being embarrisingly bad, we would've had a REAL fright last season.

Victor Meldrew

I just don't think SPL knowledge or experience is that important. After all, Burley didn't have any SPL managerial experience, neither did Strachan, Wim Jansen, Dick Advocaat - all of whom brought immediate success to their clubs.

I'm not saying we'd win 8 in a row under Weiss, but I do think he'd be quite an interesting appointment who could do pretty well, given his European credentials.

It would, of course, be preferable to have someone in his team (i.e. an assistant) who knows the SPL, so as to deal with the issues you raise. But again, I'm not sure it' absolutely necessary.

After all, wasn't it the successful and experienced Scottish manager Tommy McLean who almost managed to relegate us?

the voice from above
David Pleat.

Top man.

he doesn't even know the czecks and slovaks now have their own countries!!!

Commander Harris
he doesn't even know the czecks and slovaks now have their own countries!!!

he might not know his politics but he knows his football. best summariser on tv.

Jam Tarts 1874
I just don't think SPL knowledge or experience is that important. After all, Burley didn't have any SPL managerial experience, neither did Strachan, Wim Jansen, Dick Advocaat - all of whom brought immediate success to their clubs.

I'm not saying we'd win 8 in a row under Weiss, but I do think he'd be quite an interesting appointment who could do pretty well, given his European credentials.

It would, of course, be preferable to have someone in his team (i.e. an assistant) who knows the SPL, so as to deal with the issues you raise. But again, I'm not sure it' absolutely necessary.

After all, wasn't it the successful and experienced Scottish manager Tommy McLean who almost managed to relegate us?

I don't believe it! :) A sensible post.

Are the CV's of Mark McGhee, Jim Jeffries and Billy Davies really all that much better (if better at all) than the 3 guys on the reported short-list?

Perhaps Romanov has decided to only speak with managers who made an application.

Gigolo-Aunt
he might not know his politics but he knows his football. best summariser on tv.

Correct.

Tells you a little more than "He crossed it to the forward who headed it past the keeper"

Best summariser on TV as you say.

May be getting on a bit, but a very good football man who still has something to offer IMO.

Say What Again
he might not know his politics but he knows his football.

and his kerb-crawling / red light areas :cool:

Archived