What on earth are the SNP doing?

Sidsnot

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trapper John McIntyre

Trapper John is eerily like another poster who has a love for aliens, these days.

Unfortunately these particular aliens do live among us.

Thunderstruck

It's interesting you claim they are collaborating to massacre thousands of non combatants. I have been listening to this propaganda on the T.V. for months. I was told there were 300.000 trapped in Aleppo and that the Russians and Assad's army were targeting them. I was told they could not escape because they would be executed by the Syrian Army and Russians. What happened to them?

You can take it that I have heard of Aleppo but I would like to ask you if you are aware that the U.K. govt funded AL Nusra, who were a proscribed terrorist organisation fighting from East Aleppo.

People in this organisation have been filmed beheading children fairly recently. I think perhaps you haven't heard enough about Aleppo. Here's some observations from a local guy who has a lot of experience in these matters. Maybe they are better informed than your views or mine. https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/12/aleppo/

What on a Earth! I was speculating why Israel might feel that a wall and a well-equipped Defence Force is high on their list of priorities while highlighting their adversaries/threats and their current escapades. You then come up with that nonsense.

Are you really trying to say that Hezbollah are a force for good in the Pot Mess that is Syria where they are aligned (and occasionally exchanging fire) with Assad.

I know you Nats and SNP supporters like a bit of Whataboutery but this is taking it to an obscene level. Disgusting really.

I'll just reply to the second paragraph by saying that I don't agree and that I don't want to get into legalised semantic arguments.

Sadly, that is very important here. 20.7% of Israel's population is Arab (non-Jewish Arabs) according to Israel's Centre for Statistics. They have rights to vote, to stand for election, exemption from national service, right to a fair trial and hold Israeli passports. How is that comparable to Apartheid South Africa?

It is by no means perfect but it is not Botha's South Africa.

That in itself does not excuse some of the actions of the Israeli state towards Palestine. But it's not a case that Arabs living in Israel are living in apartheid conditions.

Regarding the first paragraph perhaps you could explain how you could possibly come to the conclusion that my view is that a border wall between Mexico and the USA isn't divisive because it is a fence. Quotes would be good with some of your reasoning because quite honestly it's beyond my capability to understand. Otherwise I can only assume that once again you are making things up.

It was the point you said it's a fence not a wall about the San Diego beach link above. The inference from that is a fence is less divisive. Language is full of subtlety which can sometimes be lost in messages on forums or texts etc. Sorry if I have not picked up the correct tone from you.

Enjoy your Sunday Coco. Thanks for the liar comment... never gets old.

AlphonseCapone

Utterly sums up the mentality of some people.

It seems crass on the surface but for anyone knows it might well have been an in joke between them.

Space Mackerel

It seems crass on the surface but for anyone knows it might well have been an in joke between them.

That's what it sounds like to me.

Exactly.

Or like Russian oligarch's. Russia has 13% income tax across the board yet their richest men domicile in the UK where the high tax band is 40%?

Go figure.

Maybe because they feel a lot safer in London. The oil grab post glasnost was one of the biggest criminal acts ever perpetrated by ex-soviet offials and the kgb.

Now that the criminals have fallen out with each other, arch criminal Putin is eliminating or jailing al his ex-conspirators & enemies.The staggering amounts involved attracted both politicians and mafia alike, with gangster methods working very well.

Exactly.

Or like Russian oligarch's. Russia has 13% income tax across the board yet their richest men domicile in the UK where the high tax band is 40%?

Go figure.

Maybe because they feel a lot safer in London. The oil grab post glasnost was one of the biggest criminal acts ever perpetrated by ex-soviet offials and the kgb.

Now that the criminals have fallen out with each other, arch criminal Putin is eliminating or jailing al his ex-conspirators & enemies.The staggering amounts involved attracted both politicians and mafia alike, with gangster methods working very well.

Any links then?

Think there should be enough here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1VNQGsiP8M  This is the most detailed description I have heard by far. I.d be interested to hear your comments on this link.

https://wallofcontroversy.wordpress.com/2015/09/28/whats-the-truth-about-the-civil-war-in-syria-update-on-the-origins-of-isis/ This is a timeline using a multitude of sources. Worth a scan read at least. Interesting that the French foreign minister states that this war was being cooked up in 2009 before Cameron was elected.

https://www.corbettreport.com/msm-syria-lies-need-to-be-exposed/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9471064/Syrian-rebels-state-William-Hagues-5m-aid-is-hopelessly-inadequate.html

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour-m-hersh/the-red-line-and-the-rat-line

Good to see you haven't lost any of your humour.

The points you are making have no relevance to the discussion I was having with Elvoys but entertainment nevertheless.  

Who knew "wall" could be a generic term for barrier?

Strangely the most common term I found for the barrier in San Diego was fence. That might be because it actually is a fence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x7ULo9uU4Y Let them roll they refer to the border barrier as a fence.

The link you posted was for the entire Mexico/USA border which is not exactly the same thing. It is here that President elect Trump wishes to get Mexicans to build and pay for a "wall". It only goes to show, what many of us suspected i.e. that Trump is a fraud. We now know that there is a wall; there already. 

P.S. Israel is still an apartheid state and none of your  examples were comparable.

So a Border Wall between Mexico and the USA isn't divisive because it is a fence?

There are Palestinian-Israelis who have full rights as any other Jewish Israeli does. Equally, christians etc have full rights. It's hardly comparable with gradiated rights like Apartheid South Africa based on race. Partly because Palestine is not part of Israel.

Sadly, that is very important here. 20.7% of Israel's population is Arab (non-Jewish Arabs) according to Israel's Centre for Statistics. They have rights to vote, to stand for election, exemption from national service, right to a fair trial and hold Israeli passports. How is that comparable to Apartheid South Africa?

It is by no means perfect but it is not Botha's South Africa.

That in itself does not excuse some of the actions of the Israeli state towards Palestine. But it's not a case that Arabs living in Israel are living in apartheid conditions.

It was the point you said it's a fence not a wall about the San Diego beach link above. The inference from that is a fence is less divisive. Language is full of subtlety which can sometimes be lost in messages on forums or texts etc. Sorry if I have not picked up the correct tone from you.

Enjoy your Sunday Coco. Thanks for the liar comment... never gets old.

I do not know how you arrive at your conclusions. 

Putting it in context - Thunderstruck mentioned some walls. I told him the San Diego wall was in fact a fence. He said the term wall can be used for all barriers. I agreed that the term wall was generic but then explained I had used the term fence because it was actually a fence. "Strangely the most common term I found for the barrier in San Diego was fence. That might be because it actually is a fence" That's it.

You intervened in our discussion to challenge me "So a Border Wall between Mexico and the USA isn't divisive because it is a fence?" I didn't say that and I didn't imply it and most worryingly I cannot understand why anybody could infer it from what had been said. Our discussion (Thunderstruck and me) was about whether it should be called a wall or a fence or both there is absolutely nothing about how divisive either of these entities might be either individually or in comparison to each other.

That is why I challenged your statement "It was the point you said it's a fence not a wall about the San Diego beach link above. The inference from that is a fence is less divisive." I don't accept what you say i.e. you cannot infer that from my statement (para 1). I explained at the time what I meant when I said it was a fence. The people of San Diego call it a fence, I produced a link to prove it, and I called it a fence because it was constructed as a fence  but Thunderstruck wanted it to be a wall because that's what locals call it and because "wall" can be used in this sense. He was not wrong and neither was I. He was using a more general term and I was being more literal. How you can infer that this means that I think fences are less divisive is for you to answer.

I think you like to misrepresent things to suit your agenda and that is why I challenge so much of what you post. If you cannot offer a reasonable explanation as to how you concluded that I think fences are less divisive I will continue to think that way.

You've done it again "Thanks for the liar comment... never gets old." I didn't call you a liar, I said you were without a reasonable explanation I could only conclude that you were "making it up". I haven't had an explanation as to why you attributed these comments to me. I didn't make them and I didn't infer them any more than I called you a liar.

Very true. Something I didn't consider. However, if it is it may be something to perhaps post on social media as an MP to an unknowing public.

Merely from a PR standpoint.

I do not know how you arrive at your conclusions.

Putting it in context - Thunderstruck mentioned some walls. I told him the San Diego wall was in fact a fence. He said the term wall can be used for all barriers. I agreed that the term wall was generic but then explained I had used the term fence because it was actually a fence. "Strangely the most common term I found for the barrier in San Diego was fence. That might be because it actually is a fence" That's it.

You intervened in our discussion to challenge me "So a Border Wall between Mexico and the USA isn't divisive because it is a fence?" I didn't say that and I didn't imply it and most worryingly I cannot understand why anybody could infer it from what had been said. Our discussion (Thunderstruck and me) was about whether it should be called a wall or a fence or both there is absolutely nothing about how divisive either of these entities might be either individually or in comparison to each other.

That is why I challenged your statement "It was the point you said it's a fence not a wall about the San Diego beach link above. The inference from that is a fence is less divisive." I don't accept what you say i.e. you cannot infer that from my statement (para 1). I explained at the time what I meant when I said it was a fence. The people of San Diego call it a fence, I produced a link to prove it, and I called it a fence because it was constructed as a fence but Thunderstruck wanted it to be a wall because that's what locals call it and because "wall" can be used in this sense. He was not wrong and neither was I. He was using a more general term and I was being more literal. How you can infer that this means that I think fences are less divisive is for you to answer.

I think you like to misrepresent things to suit your agenda and that is why I challenge so much of what you post. If you cannot offer a reasonable explanation as to how you concluded that I think fences are less divisive I will continue to think that way.

You've done it again "Thanks for the liar comment... never gets old." I didn't call you a liar, I said you were without a reasonable explanation I could only conclude that you were "making it up". I haven't had an explanation as to why you attributed these comments to me. I didn't make them and I didn't infer them any more than I called you a liar.

It's actually just a genuine misreading of your post.

I have no agenda.

AlphonseCapone

Very true. Something I didn't consider. However, if it is it may be something to perhaps post on social media as an MP to an unknowing public.

Merely from a PR standpoint.

Aye agree.

Archived