Lord Beni of Gorgie

IveSeenTheLight

That has been questioned. Hearts fans seem to think Aberdeen make more from facilities but it is all expected to improve with our new stand

And just maybe Aberdeen weighed down by debt with your new stand

I wonder if more than the corporate revenue stream that you guys are hoping are improved through the new stand, if Aberdeen generate a lot through the community events and structures that have grown over the years

I am a little concerned over the cost of the new stand, but have also heard positive rumours on how they are financing it.

I wonder if more than the corporate revenue stream that you guys are hoping are improved through the new stand, if Aberdeen generate a lot through the community events and structures that have grown over the years

I am a little concerned over the cost of the new stand, but have also heard positive rumours on how they are financing it.

Good news. Maybe Stewart Milne is just playing cards close to his chest just now.

We all want to be competitive

We_are_the_Hearts

Good news. Maybe Stewart Milne is just playing cards close to his chest just now.

We all want to be competitive

Milne is more interested in keeping the 11-1 vote and getting rangers back to where they "belong"

I hate this modern phenomenon of not ripping the piss out of your rivals over things which are well worth slagging them about.

That is a pish ****ing crowd.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It didn't even reach 8200. An abomination for a club seeking growth.

I think Aberdeen fans are fickle fantasists. It won't be long now, sand is running from the hour glass

IveSeenTheLight

I hate this modern phenomenon of not ripping the piss out of your rivals over things which are well worth slagging them about.

That is a pish ******* crowd.

It didn't even reach 8200. An abomination for a club seeking growth.

I think Aberdeen fans are fickle fantasists. It won't be long now, sand is running from the hour glass

Maybe we should aspire to be like Hearts and triple our support from the lows ;)

5511 was your average for the 1981-82 season, not just a single game after a couple of poor defeats on a miserable December evening.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133357-hearts-average-attendance-history/&do=findComment&comment=3835503

As I said before, Hearts have a larger home support, have done for a number of years, I'm not trying to argue differently, I just don't understand the euphoria about attendances when it doesn't necessarily translate to the pitch and when you've had poorer periods yourselves.

Maybe we should aspire to be like Hearts and triple our support from the lows ;)

5511 was your average for the 1981-82 season, not just a single game after a couple of poor defeats on a miserable December evening.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/133357-hearts-average-attendance-history/&do=findComment&comment=3835503

As I said before, Hearts have a larger home support, have done for a number of years, I'm not trying to argue differently, I just don't understand the euphoria about attendances when it doesn't necessarily translate to the pitch and when you've had poorer periods yourselves.

I was three years old mate... Don't really care. :thumbsup:

Back in the here and now (I know that's difficult for one of ewe) where we no longer rock about in double denim with mullets spilling down the back of our trench coats, Hearts are competing with your team at the top end of the league after very varying fortunes immediately prior.

For the last 3/4 seasons, Aberdeen have been bringing in proven SPL decent quality veterans. This has resulted in a League Cup. This is pretty much the thick end of your club's challenge now, as Celtic have CL money and are looking serious again. Your crowds have been extremely poor throughout.

We have spent the last 3/4 seasons battling liquidation, getting relegated, finishing third in our first season back, building our base and having a go. Our crowds are sometimes double Aberdeen's.

Sub-8.5k crowds is hilariously bad mate. :rofl:

5511 was your average for the 1981-82 season, not just a single game after a couple of poor defeats on a miserable December evening.

As I said before, Hearts have a larger home support, have done for a number of years, I'm not trying to argue differently, I just don't understand the euphoria about attendances when it doesn't necessarily translate to the pitch and when you've had poorer periods yourselves.

Hearts are the 3rd biggest team in Scotland followed by Hibs sadly. You guys need to get your act together to get 4th.

5511 was your average for the 1981-82 season, not just a single game after a couple of poor defeats on a miserable December evening.

As I said before, Hearts have a larger home support, have done for a number of years, I'm not trying to argue differently, I just don't understand the euphoria about attendances when it doesn't necessarily translate to the pitch and when you've had poorer periods yourselves.

It's called living in the moment

Certainly been discussed a scenario where Hearts crowds go down

Just very striking how Aberdeen can get 20,000 one week and 8,000 the next

Bazzas right boot

That is a pish ******* crowd.

Thing is, I like ripping the pish out of team, for example hibs, they are joint top of the championship and are there for the THIRD season. cup on nae cup, they are pish and in trouble.

Slagging Aberdeen, a club that has finished 2nd 3 years in a row, recently been to a cup final and has won a cup more recently than us, are above us in the league currently for having a pish crowd, just seems a bit cringey and imo desperate to get anything up on them.

Once we are above them and hump them again I'll join in.

Not getting the banter with crowds, f all to do with football, we'll be arguing about who has the better balance sheet next. Cringey and reeks of desperation , imo. We're better than that.

There was a thread on here having a go at Rangers attendance last year as they got about 17k ( I think) at a LC game..... WTF?

Thing is, I like ripping the pish out of team, for example hibs, they are joint top of the championship and are there for the THIRD season. cup on nae cup, they are pish and in trouble.

Slagging Aberdeen, a club that has finished 2nd 3 years in a row, recently been to a cup final and has won a cup more recently than us, are above us in the league currently for having a pish crowd, just seems a bit cringey and imo desperate to get anything up on them.

Once we are above them and hump them again I'll join in.

Not getting the banter with crowds, f all to do with football, we'll be arguing about who has the better balance sheet next. Cringey and reeks of desperation , imo. We're better than that.

There was a thread on here having a go at Rangers attendance last year as they got about 17k ( I think) at a LC game..... WTF?

Aye? Naw bother Tosh! :lol:

"... Slagging Aberdeen, a club that has finished 2nd 3 years in a row, recently been to a cup final and has won a cup more recently than us, are above us in the league currently for having a pish crowd, just seems a bit cringey and imo desperate to get anything up on them... "

They won a league cup.

In the last three years where they have not had Hearts, Hibs, Rangers to compete with in the league, they have won a league cup and finished second a couple of times.

They are pulling sub 9k crowds.

You can marvel at that as much as you like mate. I think it's a shite return.

:rofl:

**** me, imagine dredging back over 30 years to when we were in the 1st Division and the country was in the middle of mass unemployment to try and deflect why some diddy club currently have an absolutely SHITE support.

:cornette:

Bazzas right boot

Aye? Naw bother Tosh! :lol:

"... Slagging Aberdeen, a club that has finished 2nd 3 years in a row, recently been to a cup final and has won a cup more recently than us, are above us in the league currently for having a pish crowd, just seems a bit cringey and imo desperate to get anything up on them... "

They won a league cup.

In the last three years where they have not had Hearts, Hibs, Rangers to compete with in the league, they have won a league cup and finished second a couple of times.

They are pulling sub 9k crowds.

You can marvel at that as much as you like mate. I think it's a shite return.

:rofl:

It is a shite return, but not my thing to rip teams for crowds, rather rip them for football reasoning's, it is also far better than our return over the last 3years, when we continue to beat them and then end up above them, I'll rip them for everything , including shitty crowds, just seems a bit desperate atm.

It is a shite return, but not my thing to rip teams for crowds, rather rip them for football reasoning's, it is also far better than our return over the last 3years, when we continue to beat them and then end up above them, I'll rip them for everything , including shitty crowds, just seems a bit desperate atm.

Nut. Sorry Tosh, you are talking shite here.

If you cannot see why this is fair game, then I worry about you.

Bazzas right boot

It's called living in the moment

Certainly been discussed a scenario where Hearts crowds go down

Just very striking how Aberdeen can get 20,000 one week and 8,000 the next

That is strange, you'd think they wouldn't drop below 12/13k.

Bazzas right boot

lol, it's fair game when we have the better football team, one big package deal, just a bit desperate atm, imo of course!

Using this rationale, we could cherry-pick...say...1973-74 season, where you regularly got 4, 5 and 6 thousand...and even a 3.

You finished fourth.....to save you looking !

I'm with you, mate.

In about them.

Using this rationale, we could cherry-pick...say...1973-74 season, where you regularly got 4, 5 and 6 thousand...and even a 3.

You finished fourth.....to save you looking !

:rofl: Riddy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Since I have been away we have our resident flock follower refer to the 80s.

Faux shock.

Imagine Aberdeen crowds had the rules not been altered to prevent their relegation.

I shudder to think.

8195 for a "successful " Aberdeen 16200 for a par Hearts.

Bluster all you like this sort of attendance is humiliating, for the management and players. Very animated in the aftermath, hurt by the rebuff from their own apathetic support.

Faux shock.

Imagine Aberdeen crowds had the rules not been altered to prevent their relegation.

I shudder to think.

Bluster all you like this sort of attendance is humiliating, for the management and players. Very animated in the aftermath, hurt by the rebuff from their own apathetic support.

They got out of jail that season.

IveSeenTheLight

Faux shock.

I shudder to think.

Lol, I only mentioned the 80's in context with the thread about attendances and it coincided with you season average lowest.

We had shite attendances in the 80's too, we struggled to fill the ground even when we were champions of Europe.

I agree with Tosh, it is a bit desperate to go on and on about attendances, even when we accept you have a larger support.

P.s. rules were not changed to save Aberdeen from relegation, they were already in place, just Falkirk did not have a stadium to meet the rules.

Why they did not do an ICT and ground share I do not know.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lol, I only mentioned the 80's in context with the thread about attendances and it coincided with you season average lowest.

We had shite attendances in the 80's too, we struggled to fill the ground even when we were champions of Europe.

I agree with Tosh, it is a bit desperate to go on and on about attendances, even when we accept you have a larger support.

P.s. rules were not changed to save Aberdeen from relegation, they were already in place, just Falkirk did not have a stadium to meet the rules.

Why they did not do an ICT and ground share I do not know.

Splitting hairs. You clearly are not bothered about having a shocking support the lifeblood of any football club.

A lack of affront amply demonstrates the esteem you hold your club in. I can't blame you though, the apathy in the city is obvious

I'd like examples of me falling over myself to "support the tims" please.

Pretty much every Celtic thread, Sarah. Why not start with Celtics hammering of Rangers? You were more than ecstatic.

Your "trolling" catches up with you as people now (rightly) see you as "Celtic minded".

Nice editing, btw, I read the original post and you were quite right to edit it.

Pretty much every Celtic thread, Sarah. Why not start with Celtics hammering of Rangers? You were more than ecstatic.

Your "trolling" catches up with you as people now (rightly) see you as "Celtic minded".

Nice editing, btw, I read the original post and you were quite right to edit it.

:gok: forgot what thread I was on for the edit.  Have to read so much BS these days. 

TBH, I couldn't give a rats arse about who wins a game of football between two clubs from Glasgow.  I really couldn't.  I do however know that by appearing to cheer (either) one on on JKB it can irk some of the more simplistic of our supporters.  Some would call it trolling, I would call it the highlighting of ignorance - it's this ignorance that will keep this club being dragged through the mire and continually be slated as "mini huns" etc.  In my mind it's time to cut out all that crap. 

It has been pointed out by other members of this forum, on various threads, that it is pretty obvious what I was doing - in fact I have received a number of PM's from various different posters commending what they had seen and indeed asking why people were so irate as it was so obvious. 

How can I now "rightly" be seen a Celtic minded when that is blatantly not the case, apparently like you and being  The Rangers minded?  It's simply not right.  Allegedly.

:gok: forgot what thread I was on for the edit. Have to read so much BS these days.

TBH, I couldn't give a rats arse about who wins a game of football between two clubs from Glasgow. I really couldn't. I do however know that by appearing to cheer (either) one on on JKB it can irk some of the more simplistic of our supporters. Some would call it trolling, I would call it the highlighting of ignorance - it's this ignorance that will keep this club being dragged through the mire and continually be slated as "mini huns" etc. In my mind it's time to cut out all that crap.

It has been pointed out by other members of this forum, on various threads, that it is pretty obvious what I was doing - in fact I have received a number of PM's from various different posters commending what they had seen and indeed asking why people were so irate as it was so obvious.

How can I now "rightly" be seen a Celtic minded when that is blatantly not the case, apparently like you and being The Rangers minded? It's simply not right. Allegedly.

You call me a Rangers fan all the time so get off your high horse.

You have spent months and months "trolling" (allegedly), now some people see you as Celtic. You brought it upon yourself.

I don't know Sarah O from Adam. I also don't know Bowman' Boot.

I 100% think SO is a Hearts fan winding up the Hunnish minded on here.

I 100% think BB is a Hun sympathiser type.

That's just how it's come across to me while following all this as a third party. Sorry if I've got that wrong. :(

That's just how it's come across to me while following all this as a third party. Sorry if I've got that wrong. :(

You dont know me yet see me as "a Hun sympathiser type"? Brilliant.

You dont know me yet see me as "a Hun sympathiser type"? Brilliant.

Yeah. Sorry BB. Purely based upon reading your posts and those of SO. You come accross as a total Hun. No offence intended, just my observation based upon your posts. :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot

Quite obvious that s o is on the wind up. There's a few rangers types on here that are, imo more than happy with the diet Huns tag.

Both clubs are horrible.

Quite obvious that s o is on the wind up. There's a few rangers types on here that are, imo more than happy with the diet Huns tag.

Both clubs are horrible.

That's my reading of it too. :thumbsup:

Both clubs are horrible.

:thumbsup:

That is strange, you'd think they wouldn't drop below 12/13k.

Did Hearts not struggle to sell 10,000 home tickets for the Scottish Cup tie in January?

Did Hearts not struggle to sell 10,000 home tickets for the Scottish Cup tie in January?

Which year?

Last year v Aberdeen was sell out easily. Could have sold many more.

Cup games can get low crowds 8,000 v Auchinleck 2012.

Bazzas right boot

Possibly, I made that point earlier on, however I meant a league average. They must have 10k+ St holder's, that's why that figure is surprising.

We_are_the_Hearts

Which year?

Lasy year attendance was 13595

Our season tickets aren't included for the cup games.

Which year?

January this year.

Crowd was 13,500 - 3,400 of which was Aberdeen fans.

Archived