Terry Butcher

Ryan Gosling

scott herbertson

Sure it isn't the butcher's assistant at Iceland?

Textspeak is notoriously ambiguous

:)

winston churchill

butchers a poor mans stevie frail.

and as for your man from iceland,is that the daftie that wears the wellies:confused:

i hope this is another wind up.

If it is true let's hope this signals the beginning of the Icelandic buyout that was rumoured a while back.

tartofmidlothian

It's a back-page report on the Daily Rager's first edition tonight, they must be pretty sure. Goes a little something like:

"Hearts will unveil former Iceland manager Gudjon Thordarson as their new manager tomorrow - and his assistant will be Scotland No.2 Terry Butcher.

Thordarson was in Edinburgh yesterday to finalise the move and the ex-Stoke boss has already been in talks with Butcher to confirm their partnership.

Butcher will retain his job with George Burley and help spearhead Scotland's World Cup campaign."

Goes on to speak about the pair's record, the fact that this spells the end for Frail, and then a wee sly dig at Hearts' recent performances. It says a lot that I breathed a sigh of relief just seeing the words 'Hearts', 'manager' and 'unveil' in the same sentence, never mind the guy's record.

Watch this thread grow tomorrow...

Will be our new assistant, to some Icelandic guy.

According to the Record.

Naw , see the other thread that says Vlad is disappointed with the quality of applicants (which presumably means Vlad doesn't actually have a 'shortlist').

Butcher should have been appointed two years ago. Smells like a Daily ****** story.

Former captain of England and succesful coach , acting as a No2 to a bloke who was a holocaust at Stoke. Jeeze.

Thig Ar Latha

As I said when the MM story broke, I'll believe when it happens. Never trust the Record.

tartofmidlothian

As far as I can see after a bit of Googling, his record's about as good as we can hope for at the moment. A legendary manager for IA Akranes in Iceland, a decent spell at Stoke (got them promoted to League One, then he was punted a few days after), and a great spell in charge of Iceland between '97 and '99 - W10 D4 L8, and almost made it to Euro 2000.

Didn't do so well at Barnsley or Notts County, but apparently their early season form was great. Shades of Burley there, then.

If it happens, and he gets us third ahead of the likes of Dundee Utd and Murderwell, I'd be over the moon.

Only a Game

Read up quite a bit about him in the last hour or so. He seems to know quite a bit about Hearts and he already has a grudge against the Hobos. (They wanted him before they took Mowbray but wanted him to do a short term trial first. He told them to bolt as he was a manager with 20 years experience)

He'll do for me if he gets full control and I like the fact that Butchers coming to.

Quite a lot of experience of British football there and if Butchers good for nothing else he'll kick erses that need kicking.

Not an earth shattering appointment by any means but he'll do if he gets full control.

Fingers crossed because this needs sorted now !!

sunsport exclusive Gudjon Thordarson with Butcher as his assistant. Also says that stevie Frail is still on the pay roll at Tynecastle and there will be a job for him.

tartofmidlothian
Also says that stevie Frail is still on the pay roll at Tynecastle and there will be a job for him.

Every silver lining has a cloud, eh?

Nah, fair play to Frail, he's served the club as best he can and doesn't deserve a P45. As long as his new role doesn't involve explaining other people's decisions in interviews, though.

Never heard of the guy, but if he's a manager he'll do for me!:) If it's true Butcher's coming as well, that'll do me too! Say what you want about him, but he'll certainly sort out who wants to play for us. and who doesn't. He won't take any c++p!:Bazooka:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Read up quite a bit about him in the last hour or so. He seems to know quite a bit about Hearts and he already has a grudge against the Hobos. (They wanted him before they took Mowbray but wanted him to do a short term trial first. He told them to bolt as he was a manager with 20 years experience)

He'll do for me if he gets full control and I like the fact that Butchers coming to.

Quite a lot of experience of British football there and if Butchers good for nothing else he'll kick erses that need kicking.

Not an earth shattering appointment by any means but he'll do if he gets full control.

Couldn't have put it better...

tartofmidlothian

Might as well put all this late night f*nnying about trying to find info to good use.

His UK record:

Stoke - 99-02 - P154 W77 L39 D38

Barnsley - 03-04 - P42 W14 L13 D15

Notts County - 05-06 - P50 W13 L21 D16

Ryan Gosling

I expect all those who've been saying "we need a manager" will now be saying "we need a different manager".

Only a Game

A quote made by Thordason (whats the betting he'll be called The Mighty Thor by lunchtime today and Turdason by mid September ?)

"It hasn't been a healthy season for Hearts but I'd never hide. I wouldn't listen if someone said, 'don't go there'. I have always accepted a challenge."

Only a Game
Might as well put all this late night f*nnying about trying to find info to good use.

His UK record:

Stoke - 99-02 - P154 W77 L39 D38

Barnsley - 03-04 - P42 W14 L13 D15

Notts County - 05-06 - P50 W13 L21 D16

Decent enough at Stoke. Not so hot elsewhere, but his international and Icelandic domestic record arent bad.

tartofmidlothian
Iceman or Viking would work.

'Iceman to boss Jambos'. That's the Record's headline.

I expect all those who've been saying "we need a manager" will now be saying "we need a different manager".

Not exactly thrilled by this if true, from what I recall he was in charge of Stoke during a pretty dismal couple of seasons for them.

I'll give him a chance obviously, hopefully Butcher will kick some of our players who are parading as footballers up the arse.

Judgement reserved.

Only a Game

Time to dust down the Eidur Gudjonnson rumour me thinks.

Joking................joking.

Never heard of the guy, but if he's a manager he'll do for me!:) If it's true Butcher's coming as well, that'll do me too! Say what you want about him, but he'll certainly sort out who wants to play for us. and who doesn't. He won't take any c++p!:Bazooka:

Too late at night to start yapping on kickback, and why should I when these boys have already said everything that needs said;).

Assuming the new duo have FULL control over who plays.......I am quietly content with the news...

Decent enough at Stoke. Not so hot elsewhere, but his international and Icelandic domestic record arent bad.

Hmmmm, I thought he'd done poor at Stoke, might be getting him confused with someone else.

:wacko:

Archived