Greece vs Sweden

Gerd Muller

Gerd Muller

Reigning Euro Champs vs Ikea furniture makers.

I hope this turns out to be a good game after the last two games last night and the Spain game this evening.

Can see Greece displaying their usual defensive style and hitting Sweden on the counter.

Mon' the goals!!:)

I love watching Swedish games on the TV when the cameramen are on the form they have been so far !

Having just seen the birds in the Swedish end I can confirm that I'll be supporting them tonight....!

christhejambo

Hopefully Sweden do the business. Got a few quid on them, with Ibrahimovic and Larsson as 1st scorers

chester copperpot
Hope the Greeks ditch that wee mhank Lharsson!

;)

I have this as a draw for a ton, so lets hope.

I hope the Greeks get humped as royally as the female Swedish supporters would.

Lharsson is an uber-mhank but at least he doesn't play for ra sellik now. Samharas does though so, on balance and reluctantly, I'd prefer (slightly) a Swedish win.

Lharsson is an uber-mhank but at least he doesn't play for ra sellik now. Samharas does though so, on balance and reluctantly, I'd prefer (slightly) a Swedish win.

Now are you sure? Have you weight up all the facts?

He He.

;)

Larsson is also one of the best ever players to play in the SPL ;)

Larsson is also one of the best ever players to play in the SPL ;)

No he's not. He's vastly over rated. The prhess and mhedia were right up his brown eye.

No he's not. He's vastly over rated. The prhess and mhedia were right up his brown eye.

Yea clearly over rated, that's why Barcelona(won them the CL too) had him and then Manchester United(Best team in the EPL and Europe)

PresidentRomanov
Yea clearly over rated, that's why Barcelona(won them the CL too) had him and then Manchester United(Best team in the EPL and Europe)

Larsson at Man Utd, was on a par with Goram's stint there.

If he was any good, he'd have been at that level five years earlier.

Ryan Gosling

Yes 158 goals in the SPL, plus a Champions League-winning performance in the final and a spell at Man Utd where Alex Ferguson practically pleaded with him to stay at the age of 35 are the signs of a player who is over-rated.

You're an intelligent guy - your refusal to acknowledge anything halfway decent about Celtic makes you seem like a bitter clown.

:Funny-Post::arf:

The Old Tolbooth

I want the Greeks to win but only because I have them in a double with Spain, it's very painful shouting on any side with that cheating tosser Kyrgiakos in it!

The Old Tolbooth

How boring are Greece ffs?

They amassed 31 points in qualifying so must have something about them surely!

jambostuart

Just remember the good things about Greece.... Champions League nananana;)

I meant Fyssas btw...not our getting knocked out by AEK Athens

Carl Spackler

I'm wanting the greeks to win more and more simply due to these whinging fecking commentators blabbing on about how they aren't good to watch and how it should be played etc. They are playing to their strengths just like they did last time and won the tournament. They are trying to draw the Swedes out and the Swedes aren't biting.

If the English commentators own team knew anything about how to extract a win when your team isn't full of superstars then they might actually have something to shout about themselves. As it is they can shut it. Greece have won something this centuary. They should be showing them more respect.

portobellojambo1
I'm wanting the greeks to win more and more simply due to these whinging fecking commentators blabbing on about how they aren't good to watch and how it should be played etc. They are playing to their strengths just like they did last time and won the tournament. They are trying to draw the Swedes out and the Swedes aren't biting.

If the English commentators own team knew anything about how to extract a win when your team isn't full of superstars then they might actually have something to shout about themselves. As it is they can shut it. Greece have won something this centuary. They should be showing them more respect.

The thing with Greece is they are very much like the Italians in that respect, they build their game around defence when there is no real reason to do so. Italy has enough talented forwards to take games to opponents without having to try and kill the game as a spectacle first. Last night it backfired on them, which I was delighted to witness, tonight Greece, especially in the later stages of the half have played defensively, negatively, call it what you will, yet when they have played the ball through their midfield and into their centre forward they have looked dangerous. Which again suggests do they really need to play like that, or is it just a reflection of deep rooted thinking within their game, like the Italians, which they seem unable to change. If you know your defence is strong anyway surely the best thing you can do is try and concentrate development on other areas of the side, to create the same level throughout the team.

Carl Spackler
The thing with Greece is they are very much like the Italians in that respect, they build their game around defence when there is no real reason to do so. Italy has enough talented forwards to take games to opponents without having to try and kill the game as a spectacle first. Last night it backfired on them, which I was delighted to witness, tonight Greece, especially in the later stages of the half have played defensively, negatively, call it what you will, yet when they have played the ball through their midfield and into their centre forward they have looked dangerous. Which again suggests do they really need to play like that, or is it just a reflection of deep rooted thinking within their game, like the Italians, which they seem unable to change. If you know your defence is strong anyway surely the best thing you can do is try and concentrate development on other areas of the side, to create the same level throughout the team.

Think you might be onto something there. The Greeks and Italians have similar attitudes I believe. If there's any Greeks on here they might be able to comment. As for football though they aren't in the Italian's league, it's not their first sport but they still play it with passion and to win. I think they are extracting the best they can based on their abilities.

Carl Spackler
Making Sweden look vibrant and attacking takes some doing, but Greece seem to be managing it.

I think they managed pretty well themselves with that goal.

I think they managed pretty well themselves with that goal.

True. Still doesn't disguise the fact that they're generally a very workmanlike side.

You're the one that I want, Magic

ooh ooh ooh

Haha, if ever a countries name was appropriate that is it !!

What a goal.

Carl Spackler
True. Still doesn't disguise the fact that they're generally a very workmanlike side.

Aye. That second was workmanlike definitely! Kyrgiakos made a meal of it. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Gerd Muller
Would calling sweden "ikea furniture makers" not be considered a racist comment?;)

No, its a FACT. ;)

Commander Harris

always thought Larson was a really good professional, on the pitch a real pain in the arse, from an opposition perspective, but he always seemed to conduct himself well off the pitch. An undoubtedly top notch player.

He's beginning to look his age though, although he still managed to be involved in both goals without appearing to do much else. a habit he had against us unfortunately. :(

Commander Harris
Grande Ibra

106943.jpg

having not seen a lot of italian football in recent years I am always puzzled by Ibrahimovich. Any time I have seen him, and that's usually been for the national side, he has looked very ordinary(stunning goal last night aside). Is it just that he doesn't play too well for sweden and is amazing for inter or is he always this average?!

Considering his value and his record with inter there must be something there?

having not seen a lot of italian football in recent years I am always puzzled by Ibrahimovich. Any time I have seen him, and that's usually been for the national side, he has looked very ordinary(stunning goal last night aside). Is it just that he doesn't play too well for sweden and is amazing for inter or is he always this average?!

Considering his value and his record with inter there must be something there?

Hard to say. He has yet to show his best form either for Sweden or in the CL.

Supposedly just got a pay increase to Euro 1 million a month after tax.

Archived