• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ray Gin

• Riddley Walker

• Beast Boy

• Marvin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And so the forum has now plumbed the depths of endorsing and celebrating the use of illegal substances which took a the life of yet another Edinburgh kid just over a month ago. ?

And so the forum has now plumbed the depths of endorsing and celebrating the use of illegal substances which took a the life of yet another Edinburgh kid just over a month ago. ?

The forum regularly has tales of people getting pished and being brutally hungover, yet people die from alcohol abuse every day.

Riddley Walker

Amazing stuff. Best night of your life if you haven't taken it before.

First time was an Aphex Twin secret gig at The Bongo Club in 2003.

The next few years are a bit of a blur.

Everyone should try it at least once.

Although I never took to ecstacy I do agree, I feel that way about weed and mushrooms too, especially mushrooms -

everyone should experience the alternative perspective mushrooms give you!

Although I never took to ecstacy I do agree, I feel that way about weed and mushrooms too, especially mushrooms -

everyone should experience the alternative perspective mushrooms give yo

2CI is an interesting experience. I do think a lot depends on your surroundings too. The right music and as mentioned surrounds and company, then you are in for an amazing night.

Still want to experience 2CB, need to arrange a time that suits me and friends to use it.

A few dabbles as a student years ago. One particular night was in the old Bongo club seeing Tayo. The sound system was immense sober, but flying high I wanted to hug the sub woofers. Great club, not been in the new one since it moved.

632 people have died in British Columbia as a result of overdoses so far this year. Police fire and ambulance personnel issued and carrying an antidote for particularly Fentanyl overdoses, and using them to save overdose victims frequently, a considerable number of persons hospitalised as a result of overdose.  The statistics are made up of addicts and particularly young people just looking for a different experience. The pain of the relatives of a young person who has died as the result of an overdose is very sad to watch.

I have to say I have arrested quite a few persons who have "overdosed" on alcohol" i cannot recall any who the alcohol was a direct cause of death, but many were as a result of the over consumption, and loss of common sense who were hospitalised or fatally injured as a result of falls, or having smart mouthed the wrong person. Alcohol as has been said is legal substance.

Edited by bobsharp

Like the Weed thread, ecstacy could be regulated by government.  When criminalised, the quality deterierates as it gets cut to maximise profit.  The Dutch had a (non-governmental I think) place where you could go and get your "e" tested, so you knew what you were taking, and then could decide.

Unfortunately the unscrupulousness of those punting (perhaps not your wee mate who gets them, but the initial suppliers) means they could contain anything.

And, unfortunately, some people will simply take an allergic reaction to them and that could be fatal.  Without trying to be flippant, it could be akin to someone with a nut allergy accidently ingesting something and they go into anaphylactic shock.  I'm not a doctor though so perhaps not the best example.  What I'm getting at is that some folk just can't do it.

As an aside, I'm sure I was told that back in the 70's and 80's MDMA was given to couples by marriage guidance councillors in the USA.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/01/mdma-therapy_n_7181200.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/01/the-case-for-using-drugs-to-enhance-our-relationships-and-our-break-ups/272615/

Ecstasy and MDMA purity is as high as it's ever been just now. Some smart cookie figured out how to make it using a new precursor, that can still be bought in large quantities from China legally.

Had my first in 88 and had my last about 4 months ago.

Never had a problem with it. Always take initial dose in half's and get from same trusted person who dabbled themselves.

Due to try 2CB at NYE.

Will report back.

Riddley Walker

2CI is an interesting experience. I do think a lot depends on your surroundings too. The right music and as mentioned surrounds and company, then you are in for an amazing night.

Still want to experience 2CB, need to arrange a time that suits me and friends to use it.

I've taken 2CB but not 2CI. It was quite mild and wavy. Didn't get too many visuals. Maybe didn't have enough. Still had a good time though.

I've taken 2CB but not 2CI. It was quite mild and wavy. Didn't get too many visuals. Maybe didn't have enough. Still had a good time though.

Can I ask how much you had and the environment you had it in? Basically was it a music night out? Cheers

Riddley Walker

Can I ask how much you had and the environment you had it in? Basically was it a music night out? Cheers

Nope, it was sitting in a flat with a mate. Really chilled. It was about 10 years ago so I don't remember exactly how much we had but I'm pretty sure it was a fairly small dose. We had some decent giggly acidy/mushroom type laughing but neither of us were ever completely buzzing.

Amazing stuff. Best night of your life if you haven't taken it before.

First time was an Aphex Twin secret gig at The Bongo Club in 2003.

The next few years are a bit of a blur.

I was working that gig. Shocked to hear people took drugs.

Nope, it was sitting in a flat with a mate. Really chilled. It was about 10 years ago so I don't remember exactly how much we had but I'm pretty sure it was a fairly small dose. We had some decent giggly acidy/mushroom type laughing but neither of us were ever completely buzzing.

Cheers for the reply

Giving it a go on a night out with my gf. Should be a good laugh.

Like the Weed thread, ecstacy could be regulated by government. When criminalised, the quality deterierates as it gets cut to maximise profit. The Dutch had a (non-governmental I think) place where you could go and get your "e" tested, so you knew what you were taking, and then could decide.

Unfortunately the unscrupulousness of those punting (perhaps not your wee mate who gets them, but the initial suppliers) means they could contain anything.

And, unfortunately, some people will simply take an allergic reaction to them and that could be fatal. Without trying to be flippant, it could be akin to someone with a nut allergy accidently ingesting something and they go into anaphylactic shock. I'm not a doctor though so perhaps not the best example. What I'm getting at is that some folk just can't do it.

As an aside, I'm sure I was told that back in the 70's and 80's MDMA was given to couples by marriage guidance councillors in the USA.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/01/the-case-for-using-drugs-to-enhance-our-relationships-and-our-break-ups/272615/

I'm more of a rocker myself but my mate tells me it's standard at raves here to have a wee corner where you can check your eck.

At the end of the day, it's very simple to me;

Prohibition doesn't work, never has and never will, so if our primary concern is truly the safety of "the kids" and not judgemental scorn, the ONLY sensible option is to legalise and regulate.

Big Slim Stylee

Good times. Pretty much defined the Nineties.

Post your memories here:

For those of us who came of age at the start of the Ministry of Sound era....weeeelllllll :)

Riddley Walker

Cheers for the reply

Giving it a go on a night out with my gf. Should be a good laugh.

I'm sure you'll have a cracker. If you have powder as opposed to a pill, careful not to take too much. The 2C drugs need to respected for that. If it's in pill form you'll be grand :thumbsup:

Sawdust Caesar

Like the Weed thread, ecstacy could be regulated by government.  When criminalised, the quality deterierates as it gets cut to maximise profit.  The Dutch had a (non-governmental I think) place where you could go and get your "e" tested, so you knew what you were taking, and then could decide.

And, unfortunately, some people will simply take an allergic reaction to them and that could be fatal.  Without trying to be flippant, it could be akin to someone with a nut allergy accidently ingesting something and they go into anaphylactic shock.  I'm not a doctor though so perhaps not the best example.  What I'm getting at is that some folk just can't do it.

I heard the same but it was as far back as the 60s.

Big Slim Stylee

Bang out of order behaviour IMO.

Someone did that with Acid at a party I was at when all of 16.  Fecking terrifying evening.  Your brain can't cope when you haven't prepared it for what you're about to do.

My dog ate magic mushrooms up Flotterstone last year. (my diagnosis as it was the time of year for them).  Didn't know at the time obviously and I still don't know for sure but..... She went bat shit mental for half an hour before jumping headfirst off a 30ft cliff. Narrowly avoided certain death by landing on a gorse bush half way down. Proceeded to chase shadows, run in circles and generally behave badly before getting her home where she spent the afternoon staring at both the rug and the clouds going past out the window.

I'm sure you'll have a cracker. If you have powder as opposed to a pill, careful not to take too much. The 2C drugs need to respected for that. If it's in pill form you'll be grand :thumbsup:

We're both pretty experienced party people so never go in full tilt.

It's in powder form and comes in single doses so to speak. We'll have it with half a Warner Bros each and so how it goes.

Same with the 2C, take it in stages. Thankfully I'm not DJn just a punter.

Not judging at all, was young once and made a fool of myself often enough with alcohol, I am truly paranoid about this Fentanyl business where the suppliers are cutting what in the past were  reasonably safe drugs with this toxic poison, all I ask is if you feel a need to use them, please, please be careful, the loss of a life is way to high a price to pay for the seeking of simple pleasure.  As I have said recently here I have observed too many shattered relatives lamenting the loss of a life because of what is ultimately to make more money.

My best experience with mandy was sitting on a couch with a few glasses of wine with a lass and having amazing tunes on the go.

We done about a 1/4 gram between us and spent from about 8 at night til 6 in the morning just having waves of sheer pleasure.

From hugging each other to laughing our arsed off at a lighter flame.

There was times where we were almost breathless just feeling the waves of pleasure sweeping over our bodies.

Easily the best, most sensual experience I've ever had with a female that didn't involve sex.

In fact I'd do as far to say it was the best experience I've ever had with drugs or drink.

Grabbing each other when the wave started and just feeling it sweep over you as the gripping and squeezing got tighter and tighter.

It's not called ecstasy for no reason. That was the closest to genuine ecstasy I've ever felt.

I'm giving her a shout tomorrow to see if she fancies it again this weekend now. Hopefully she's no shackded up.

Thank this thread for reminding me of one of life's greatest pleasures.

Used to love them.

Couldn't be arsed with the comedown now.

No, wouldn't do it now either, for many reasons. What a time though.

This is a good book for anyone who feels any nostalgia for those days:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Lifetime-Afterwards-Paradise-productions/dp/0753502607

Edited by The Earl of Mothsbery

Can't stand pills.

Mandy on the other hand.... :look:

Have to confess I've dabbled a couple of times. Once pretty recent experience.

Me and 2 mates in a flat, one in the corner dancing without music and shadow boxing and me and my other mate sitting with pen and paper coming up with 'plans'.

Have no idea what the plans even were. We were steaming also.

Governor Tarkin

No, wouldn't do it now either, for many reasons. What a time though.

You're bairned up these days though, aren't you?

That's plenty good enough reason enough.

You're bairned up these days though, aren't you?

That's plenty good enough reason enough.

The main reason I don't do lots of things nowadays. Knocked that sort of carry on on the head long before the wee one came along though.

Had some of the best nights of my life while under the influence of a tablet or two back in the late 80s early 90s.

I'm happy now with a couple of beers in front of the television.

The younger me would hate me right now.

Had some of the best nights of my life while under the influence of a tablet or two back in the late 80s early 90s.

I'm happy now with a couple of beers in front of the television.

The younger me would hate me right now.

I know what you mean. However, to flip it on its head, I would ****ing hate the younger me. A total arsehole. :lol: