JOB AGENCIES

Miller Jambo 60

If you were saving a sensible amount per year (Circa 10% of your gross salary), and getting a return of an average of 6% net per year you should be sitting on about ?236,420 today including the effects of compound interest.*

So why are you sweating your @rse off for 5.52 per hour....:wacko:

* Google compound interest calculators, very useful. ;)

Probobly because unlike some he was too busy trying to support a family to be able to salt money away in the bank. Some people actually need their salary to live on.

Miller Jambo 60
Probobly because unlike some he was too busy trying to support a family to be able to salt money away in the bank. Some people actually need their salary to live on.

why argue what a plank

Miller Jambo 60
Doug

What was your job at the NHS?

Technician mate but was sacked cos i was ill

Miller Jambo 60
75 Posts now, surely that makes me a jambo.

Was only joking mate, fancy a pint?

Sorry mate drink with men.

Technician mate but was sacked cos i was ill

Surely they cannot do that?

Were you sacked purely on the basis of ill health?

Surely they cannot do that?

Were you sacked purely on the basis of ill health?

An employer can legally terminate a contract of a staff member if there medical condition makes it unlikely or impossible for them to return or fulfil their role

They are meant to help them look for alternate roles/ make reasonable adjustments but if someone for medical reasons cannot fulfil their job they can be dismissed

What I would say is the legislation preventing misuse of this means no company would do it lightly

If the NHS did dismiss him on medical grounds I don't for a second think it was unreasonable

Companies have business's to run and they cant replace employees who are sick, so therefore if someone is off sick and not coming back a hard decision often has to be made

An employer can legally terminate a contract of a staff member if there medical condition makes it unlikely or impossible for them to return or fulfil their role

They are meant to help them look for alternate roles/ make reasonable adjustments but if someone for medical reasons cannot fulfil their job they can be dismissed

What I would say is the legislation preventing misuse of this means no company would do it lightly

If the NHS did dismiss him on medical grounds I don't for a second think it was unreasonable

Companies have business's to run and they cant replace employees who are sick, so therefore if someone is off sick and not coming back a hard decision often has to be made

Once you get into your later years and your health starts to go you might understand why some of us find it difficult to get a job.All this stuff about no age discrimination and positive about disabilities is all flannel.Companies like to crack on that their policies are fair but in reality they are anything but.

Archived