JOB AGENCIES

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

Been through about 8 now and all you get is lies.

They are joke and all you get is min wage 5.42 an hour.

They must cream the cash off the NEW labour.

SNP rule get Scotland back to the man ON THE STREET.

And no tea break after 4 hours.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I think you should take the Anger Questionnaire ;)

Lies doug

I worked for an agency back when I was 16 - 6 years ago and got ?5.50 back then

As I said the other day anyone who struggles to get a job needs to look at themselves as opposed blaming everyone else

I also went to an agency last summer and was offered a job - which I turned down- paying ?8.

I also got my previous job - part time whilst i was a student -through an agency paying ?7 an hour

Therefore given the 3 times I have approached agencies I have been paid more than minimum wage I have to say your post is ill informed and factually incorrect

If you go on like you do on here, im not surprised you dont get offered decent jobs

Lies doug

As I said the other day anyone who struggles to get a job needs to look at themselves as opposed blaming everyone else

I also went to an agency last summer and was offered a job - which I turned down- paying ?8.

I also got my previous job - part time whilst i was a student -through an agency paying ?7 an hour

Therefore given the 3 times I have approached agencies I have been paid more than minimum wage I have to say your post is ill informed and factually incorrect

If you go on like you do on here, im not surprised you dont get offered decent jobs

I would imagine the rates of pay would depend on the type of work you were doing. I too have worked in the past for agencies doing both unskilled manual labour for which you got paid poorly and more skilled technical work where you got half decent money.

Do all agencies pay you holiday pay nowadays ?, in the past only certain agencies paid holidays.

I think you should write a novel.

Lies doug

Surely the rate of pay depends on the kind of jobs that a person is suited to taking into account health, ability and experience .We cant all be as talented as yourself.:):):)

Miller Jambo 60
Lies doug

So im a liar prancer,

worked 32 years between private and NHS 25000 a year on ave

now sweating my aerse off for 5.52 an hour .

4-9 no shift prem.

WHAT A ****ING JOKE

Miller Jambo 60
I think you should write a novel.

72 posts mate are you a jambo like to say more but might get banned

take it you are 16

Have to agree 100% with this.

So im a liar prancer,

4-9 no shift prem.

WHAT A ****ING JOKE

And what makes you worth more doug?

simply earning it in the past doesnt, tbh you sound like one of these civil servant/council types who are overpaid and underperform and dont like the fact your jobs are being turned into what they should b

The fact is in the current climate very few companies offer 9-5 as core hours, most big companies expect staff to work various shifts and shift premiums do not kick in until your into the early hours

Tbh Doug maybe you should consider why none of the higher paying jobs want you as opposed to blaming everyone else for it.

I was job hunting last year and its really not hard at all as long as you dont think the world owes you something

Maybe instead of spending your days on here and getting ****ed you should spend it working on your CV and actively seeking employment as opposed to sending off your CV and expecting people to come to you

I still have a look at the job papers most week and there is no shortage of decent jobs for those who want them

I know someone who recently was made redundant and had a new job sorted before they even left and was truly quids in, why? because they actually looked for work and realised people didnt owe them something

Your rants on here about labour say it all to me, your too used to being overpaid whilst underperforming, you need to move on doug and realise this otherwise you will never find a job paying you more again

Miller Jambo 60
And what makes you worth more doug?

simply earning it in the past doesnt, tbh you sound like one of these civil servant/council types who are overpaid and underperform and dont like the fact your jobs are being turned into what they should b

The fact is in the current climate very few companies offer 9-5 as core hours, most big companies expect staff to work various shifts and shift premiums do not kick in until your into the early hours

Tbh Doug maybe you should consider why none of the higher paying jobs want you as opposed to blaming everyone else for it.

I was job hunting last year and its really not hard at all as long as you dont think the world owes you something

Maybe instead of spending your days on here and getting ****ed you should spend it working on your CV and actively seeking employment as opposed to sending off your CV and expecting people to come to you

I still have a look at the job papers most week and there is no shortage of decent jobs for those who want them

I know someone who recently was made redundant and had a new job sorted before they even left and was truly quids in, why? because they actually looked for work and realised people didnt owe them something

Your rants on here about labour say it all to me, your too used to being overpaid whilst underperforming, you need to move on doug and realise this otherwise you will never find a job paying you more again

You tallk pash mate sorry but you are a funny man

We know. Just ignore him and he might go away.

Im not the 47 year old man who calls myself the dougstar

Im not the 47 year old man who regularly talks about setting my children on people

Im not the 47 year old man who spends my days off my face

Im not the 47 year old man who continually blames everyone else for my circumstances

Im not the 47 year old who cant get a job

Maybe you need to think about who really talks pash and then link it to why you are unemployed and all of the above

Im not the 47 year old man who regularly talks about setting my children on people

Im not the 47 year old man who continually blames everyone else for my circumstances

Maybe you need to think about who really talks pash and then link it to why you are unemployed and all of the above

If the above is not true (I think that's right) of Miller Jambo/Dougstar, I think you may have a challenger to your title of 'slavering arse'.

You've been in a league of your own since Irvine Jambo left.

Miller Jambo 60

Oh Prancer got you MA HA

EAST CRAIGS RULE

Oh Prancer got you MA HA

EAST CRAIGS RULE

Can I add I am not the 47 year old who says Ma Ha

And Also I am not the 47 year old who says East Craigs Rules or Gorgie Rules every 30 seconds

Is this post meant to prove to us why no company will employ you

Either grow up or seek professional help:confused:

Miller Jambo 60
If the above is not true (I think that's right) of Miller Jambo/Dougstar, I think you may have a challenger to your title of 'slavering arse'.

He wants a women

Miller Jambo 60

A pint for you mate

A game of golf please,

Have a broken arm at the moment.. Give me a few months!

Agencies are good at what they do, there's no denying that temps get a raw deal but you don't go into a job as a temp without knowing that.

Once you've got a job, be it permanent or temporary, it's up to you to impress the employer. Blaming everyone else doesn't solve anything.

Miller Jambo 60
PS - I'm unemployed right now.. Anyone got any jobs going?

My place mate beers footie and a laugh.who wants to work.

PRANCER DOES

coppercrutch
So im a liar prancer,

4-9 no shift prem.

WHAT A ****ING JOKE

If you were saving a sensible amount per year (Circa 10% of your gross salary), and getting a return of an average of 6% net per year you should be sitting on about ?236,420 today including the effects of compound interest.*

So why are you sweating your @rse off for 5.52 per hour....:wacko:

* Google compound interest calculators, very useful. ;)

Out of interest after reading this thread I went onto the scotsman job website and did a search for jobs over 25k

5 page worth of results and at least a few that anyone could at least make an attempt at applying for - one of which I may

Im going to put money on the fact doug hasnt applied for one of them:rolleyes:

Out of interest after reading this thread I went onto the scotsman job website and did a search for jobs over 25k

5 page worth of results and at least a few that anyone could at least make an attempt at applying for - one of which I may

Cheers. Can you tell me which one of the few that I should apply for?

Thanks in advance.

Miller Jambo 60

Love you to bits mate but i wont bite .

what a shame

Miller Jambo 60

what a shame

WHY cos im harder than you.

End off

what a shame

WHY cos im harder than you.

End off

Did you just reply to your own post?:confused:

Cheers. Can you tell me which one of the few that I should apply for?

Thanks in advance.

Ones that I would suggest anyone could apply for, granted they might not have a great chance but theres no harm in trying, especially if your already unemployed

It Support Engineer ,Communications Manager ,Edinburgh Castle Retail Manager ,Outlet store manager ,Team Leader, Tourism Officer ,Team Leader,External Funding Officer,Research Admin Assistant,Deputy Manager,Deparment Secretary

Thats just the ones I would say anyone could at least try and bluff there way too, Im sure dougs experience would make a few more tryable for him too.

People who say there is a shortage of jobs imo are liars, there are plenty of jobs out there for those who want them, so out of interest doug have you applied for any of the above jobs?

Ones that I would suggest anyone could apply for, granted they might not have a great chance but theres no harm in trying, especially if your already unemployed

It Support Engineer ,Communications Manager ,Edinburgh Castle Retail Manager ,Outlet store manager ,Team Leader, Tourism Officer ,Team Leader,External Funding Officer,Research Admin Assistant,Deputy Manager,Deparment Secretary

Thats just the ones I would say anyone could at least try and bluff there way too, Im sure dougs experience would make a few more tryable for him too.

People who say there is a shortage of jobs imo are liars, there are plenty of jobs out there for those who want them, so out of interest doug have you applied for any of the above jobs?

Does this mean tell lies?

Does this mean tell lies?

No

Its what most people do in interviews to some extent by overexaggerating to an extent, im sure most sucessful people have done it at some time or another

72 posts mate are you a jambo like to say more but might get banned

take it you are 16

75 Posts now, surely that makes me a jambo.

Was only joking mate, fancy a pint?

No

Its what most people do in interviews to some extent by overexaggerating to an extent, im sure most sucessful people have done it at some time or another

Ok. Just say I want to apply for the job as the Edinburgh Castle Retail Manager which asks for 'a proven track record of success and management experience within a Retail Sales environment. '

I have no retail or management experience. Can I bluff this?

Ok. Just say I want to apply for the job as the Edinburgh Castle Retail Manager which asks for 'a proven track record of success and management experience within a Retail Sales environment. '

It really depends on what you do tbh

Firstly I would say very few people have no retail sales experience at all, Proven track record is open to interpretation, what are they looking to be proven? Sales, Quality, experience, knowledge etc etc

As for management experience, again open to interpretation, formal manager? managed your own targets etc etc

I personally have never worked in a retail managers role, but If i was inclined Im pretty sure I could bluff my experience to that job description - I wouldnt though as I never want to work in sales

davemclaren

Only if your name is Prancer. :whistling:

Miller Jambo 60
No

Prancer time for bed im going for a lovely kiss and cuddle with my woman.

Cal my 9 year old is more mature than you ,

got a prob

there's only one person in this thread with problems :)

Give us some examples then please.

Bearing in mind you are saying that ANYONE could make an attempt at applying and also you say over 25k a year.

It really depends on what you do tbh

Firstly I would say very few people have no retail sales experience at all, Proven track record is open to interpretation, what are they looking to be proven? Sales, Quality, experience, knowledge etc etc

As for management experience, again open to interpretation, formal manager? managed your own targets etc etc

I personally have never worked in a retail managers role, but If i was inclined Im pretty sure I could bluff my experience to that job description - I wouldnt though as I never want to work in sales

Thanks for that. I helped out in a friends Newsagent for a day so thats the retail sales experience. He also went out for his lunch for half an hour and left me on my own, so I was effectively the Manager. There was a free Italia '90 pullout in the Evening News that day so we sold out in record time, meeting my targets.

When do I start?:)

Archived