I.T Help

H.A.N.S

I have a spreadsheet I want to copy on to my word document but when I copy and paste, it doesn't fit and half of it is cut off. How do I reduce the size of the spreadsheet so it appears neatly on my word document?

Commander Harris

you could change the page setup up in your word document to landscape, this would give you more length for your spreadsheet.

(if you select "from this point forward" when adjusting your page setup you can vary which pages are landscape and which are portrait)

coppercrutch

I find copying it as a picture is easiest.

Select what you want to copy from excel

Open Word

Click "edit" from toolbar

Select "Past special"

Select "picture (windows metafile)"

Click "ok"

This generally sizes it better than copying in the actual file.

You can then just "right click" on the actual picture in the document select "format picture" then size to adjust the size % to fit.

You can of course just copy in the actual spreadsheet if you want to be able to amend the details in it. Just copy and paste as usual for this. You may find you cant see the whole sheet on the page though

If you ever find it is off the side of the page and you can't see it all the following is handy:

Select View and then select normal. This lets you see things outside the print view of the page. You can then drag the edge of the sheet back to the left to bring it all onto the page. Then select "View" and the "Print Layout" to see how the printed article will look.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I find copying it as a picure is easiest.

Select what you want to copy from excel

Open Word

Click "edit" from toolbar

Select "Past special"

Select "picture (windows metafile)"

Click "ok"

This generally sizes it better than copying in the actual file.

You can then just right click on the actual picture in the document select format picture then size to adjust the size %.

You can of course just copy in the actual spreadsheet if you want to be able to amend the details in it. Just copy and paste as usual for this. You may find you cant see teh whole sheet on the page though

If you ever find it is off the side of the page and you can't see it all the following is handy:

Select View and then select normal. This lets you see things outside the print view of the page. You can then drag the edge of the sheet back to teh left to bring it all onto the page. Select "View" and the "Print Layout" to see how the printed article will look.

Thats the way I'd do it.

Archived