Edinburgh Saunas

Rudi-Robertson

Rudi-Robertson

I passed a hoorhoose sorry, sauna earlier in the week and I realised I'll have passed this one and lots of others over the years but I have never ever seen anyone going in or out. How do these places make any money?

I passed a hoorhoose sorry, sauna earlier in the week and I realised I'll have passed this one and lots of others over the years but I have never ever seen anyone going in or out. How do these places make any money?

Erm. How graphic you wanting the response??

They don't go in or out, they come in or out.

Actually just reminded me of something.

I worked for a while in a pub on Broughton Street and most mornings a lass who worked in the sauna at the end of the road would come in at 10am and nail a double whisky on her way to work.

Was a nice girl, pretty too. It was quite a few times before I found out where she worked and why she needed the "courage"!

She said it was mostly Indian business men but I've no idea how indicative that is of clientele in general.

There might be a more discreet entrance-sure I overheard someone saying they were going try going in the rear entrance at one of the saunas.

There might be a more discreet entrance-sure I overheard someone saying they were going try going in the rear entrance at one of the saunas.

If it was locked had he planned to smash the back doors in?

I am sure they were.

Mind the one next to Diane's pool hall, right over the road from the police station!

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Brian Whittaker's Tache

My mate stays next to Scorpio Leisure on Albion Road. 

Seen a few folk going in and it's always the sharpest of sharp turns when the enter the establishment!

Saying that I did see a guy getting out his car and into an electric wheelchair before trundling in bold as brass.

Placid Casual

I used to drink in Footlights Bar, just off Bread Street. When sat outside, it was always funny watching single blokes entering the swingers club across the road, usually walking past it ten times before diving in :lol:

fabienleclerq

My mate stays next to Scorpio Leisure on Albion Road. 

Seen a few folk going in and it's always the sharpest of sharp turns when the enter the establishment!

Saying that I did see a guy getting out his car and into an electric wheelchair before trundling in bold as brass.

Mates house aye!

Sit's outside having a danger type post!

Mind the one next to Diane's pool hall, right over the road from the police station!

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Finger

My mate said it was called Fingertips.

I used to drink in Footlights Bar, just off Bread Street. When sat outside, it was always funny watching single blokes entering the swingers club across the road, usually walking past it ten times before diving in :lol:

The Blue Blazer...?!?!?!?   :arry:

Who'd've thought it...

Shanks said no

Always spied on the sauna at Roseburn when walking by or on the bus, it was extremely rare to see anyone entering or leaving. Some of the staff occasionally drank in the Murrayfiled bar next door.

When I drank in the BMC there was a father and son who drank there pre match. The son obviously worshipped his dad to sickening extent and the father would boast about where he was taking his wife to and what they were doing, couple of real pain in the butts. The perfect family myth was shattered when daddy was spotted skulking away from said sauna. I suppose his wife may have worked there!

Finger

My mate said it was called Fingertips.

Fingertips was in Fountainbridge.  I used to park near there going to Tynie before Fountain Park was built.  

luckyBatistuta

I get asked regularly to take these guys to a sauna and nine out of every ten I would reckon are from Southern Asia.

Rudi-Robertson

The Blue Blazer...?!?!?!? :arry:

Who'd've thought it...

Is that the pub on the corner? So there's a swingers club in the back then!?!?!?!?

Shanks said no

The After Eight Club is a few doors down from the Blue Blazer, it is interesting watching visitors from the pub across the road

luckyBatistuta

The After Eight Club is a few doors down from the Blue Blazer, it is interesting watching visitors to the pub across the road

FTFY :wink:

Brothels/massage parlors are legal here if they are licensed.

Bloke I work beside us quite open about going. Since he stopped drinking and smoking it's all he spends his money on. Up to 5 times a week sometimes. He's got a loyalty card and everything, tenth ride free apparently.

Brothels/massage parlors are legal here if they are licensed.

Bloke I work beside us quite open about going. Since he stopped drinking and smoking it's all he spends his money on. Up to 5 times a week sometimes. He's got a loyalty card and everything, tenth ride free apparently.

[emoji38] That can't be real? A feckin loyalty card?!

Fingertips was in Fountainbridge. I used to park near there going to Tynie before Fountain Park was built.

Used to watch office guys from the brewery trying to walk in acting all inconspicuous at lunch times.

Always fancied going in to one for a massage.

Tell me I can do for you, love.

My back's fu o knots, hen, maybe focus on that.

Would you like like anything "extra", handsome?

Cuppa tea wid be magic, pal.

Etc

Seymour M Hersh

no one admitting they've been to one then? Do they actually have saunas in them?

I would think so otherwise those who have always opposed them could have maybe had them closed down or forced to install one under the trades description act.

Rudi-Robertson

Was there not one on South Forth Street called the G-Spot or G-Zone or something similar.

As kids we used tap the door and run away. We used to also sometimes sit on the benches outside Leith Library opposite the Mermaids hoorhoose and hope to see someone going in or out and give them a bit of verbal!!!!

The innocence of youth

luckyBatistuta

Fingertips had a sauna and showers .

Inside knowledge, finally someone admitting they've been in one. :thumbsup:

Fingertips had a sauna and showers .

Did the shower have a tap handle or one of those annoying buttons that you have to keep pressing to keep the water going?

Used to prank call the After Eight club, usually went something like this:

"Hello."

"Hello, I'd like to buy a swing for my back garden."

"Sorry, we don't sell swings."

"But you're a swingers club, surely you sell swings?"

"No Sir, that's not the kind of swinging that happens here."

"Excuse me?"

"We don't sell swings Sir."

"Oh right... I get it... different kind of swinging... I understand now."

"Exactly Sir. Sorry we couldn't help."

"It's OK, I'll buy some ropes then."

"Sorry?"

"For the Tarzan stuff..."

CLICK

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

The obvious question to ask in one of these establishments is

"How much for a w@nk ?"

She gives you the price so you then ask

"How much if yer not a w@nk ?"

:laugh:

The obvious question to ask in one of these establishments is

"How much for a w@nk ?"

She gives you the price so you then ask

"How much if yer not a w@nk ?"

Heard that one before but with John Robertson and Darren Jackson where Jackson asked "How much for a w**k?" and Robbo asked "How much for a legend?"

William H. Bonney

Was there not one on South Forth Street called the G-Spot or G-Zone or something similar.

As kids we used tap the door and run away. We used to also sometimes sit on the benches outside Leith Library opposite the Mermaids hoorhoose and hope to see someone going in or out and give them a bit of verbal!!!!

The innocence of youth

And I would have got away with it too, if it wasn't for you pesky kids.

Did the shower have a tap handle or one of those annoying buttons that you have to keep pressing to keep the water going?

I cant remember, I wasn't there to examine the shower fittings.

Saunas are so much 1980s

The internet and free advertising has taken over - such sites as Adultwork and Vivastreet are the places to look nowadays

Even places such as Burntisland and Strathmiglo now have working women

Saunas are so much 1980s

The internet and free advertising has taken over - such sites as Adultwork and Vivastreet are the places to look nowadays

There's a forum called 'saafe' where they share details on dodgy punters, give each other advice and tell story's about different aspects of their work. Can be funny at times.

My old boss, who I worked with as a young lad, moved into this business......he has/had the Scorpio leisure, I think....across from the Hibs ground. Never had a mind to use one, but don't think less of those who do......

It's pretty crappy being judgemental of girls/women who feel they need to do this.....if humanity means anything, it's safety....for the girls and lads visiting.

Their was at one time there were notorious homosexual haunts in the new town, for the well heeled, but when were they ever raided......

Rudi-Robertson

My old boss, who I worked with as a young lad, moved into this business......he has/had the Scorpio leisure, I think....across from the Hibs ground. Never had a mind to use one, but don't think less of those who do......

It's pretty crappy being judgemental of girls/women who feel they need to do this.....if humanity means anything, it's safety....for the girls and lads visiting.

Their was at one time there were notorious homosexual haunts in the new town, for the well heeled, but when were they ever raided......

Imagine someone you know seeing you go in or out?

Templeton Peck

Thought the merger of Police Scotland with Strathclyde Police brought all the rules together and Edinburgh saunas were closed down

Well, at least we know someone has shagged a hoor from Strathmiglo.

Inside knowledge, finally someone admitting they've been in one. :thumbsup:

:kirk:

Archived