I'm Very Surprised

Makween

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Klagenfurt-39skirmishes-and-fistfights39-result.4167470.jp

The above isn't what surprises me as such, more the fact that there isn't a three squillion page long thread about how much of a disgrace it is, how Germany and Poland should be banned from future maps of Europe, etc. Certainly doesn't seem in keeping with other recent incidents of a similar nature - can't think why.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo

Quite simple - cause it doesn't involve Rangers, Linfield, Celtic or Chelsea.

Anyone work out the link?

Quite simple - cause it doesn't involve Rangers, Linfield, Celtic or Chelsea.

Anyone work out the link?

I get it! It's because people who posted on previous threads were actually doing so to "score a point" by pretending to be outraged.

I think that I understand and have closure on this issue now, thanks for explaining.

Cut The Crap

Compared with previous high-profile rucks involving Germany and Poland, this one is surely small beer? :P

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Klagenfurt-39skirmishes-and-fistfights39-result.4167470.jp

The above isn't what surprises me as such, more the fact that there isn't a three squillion page long thread about how much of a disgrace it is, how Germany and Poland should be banned from future maps of Europe, etc. Certainly doesn't seem in keeping with other recent incidents of a similar nature - can't think why.

Maybe it's just to do with relevancy eh? Sure if you want to scour the world's press and provide links to all similar stories feel free, folk may choose to comment on them.

Well done though, yer a real Sherlock.

Evidently, you don't.

Okie doke, please explain.

Maybe it's just to do with relevancy eh? Sure if you want to scour the world's press and provide links to all similar stories feel free, folk may choose to comment on them.

Well done though, yer a real Sherlock.

Ah, I get it. The other threads were very much relevant to Heart of Midlothian, you have a good poi...

...hang on, no you don't.

Ah, I get it. The other threads were very much relevant to Heart of Midlothian, you have a good poi...

...hang on, no you don't.

British teams compared to foreign countries? Hmmmm, you have a point :rolleyes:

British teams compared to foreign countries? Hmmmm, you have a point :rolleyes:

So what you're saying is that it's only a "disgrace, puts football to shame", etc. if it involves British teams?

Hmm, seems a bit like one-upmanship to me.

Guest JamboRobbo

Quite simply, had the incident involved the teams I listed above, we'd have the gigantic "debate" you talk about.

The proof of this is all over JKB.

Quite simply, had the incident involved the teams I listed above, we'd have the gigantic "debate" you talk about.

The reason should be evident to anybody who wastes their time trawling through those threads.

It isn't. Please explain.

Guest JamboRobbo
It isn't. Please explain.

Have a look through some of those gigantic threads, and see if you can work out the common factor for yourself. If you're still struggling, there's a clue is in my first post in this thread. :P

Have a good look through some of those gigantic threads, and see if you can work out the common theme for yourself. The clue is in my first post in this thread.

Why can't you just explain it to me?

You've told me that it isn't just down to pathetic attempts at point-scoring, though. I'm grateful for that, because that's the only thing that it looks like.

So what you're saying is that it's only a "disgrace, puts football to shame", etc. if it involves British teams?

Hmm, seems a bit like one-upmanship to me.

No but if it involves a "Scottish" team then it reflects badly on our league and country.

Germany and Poland hardly affects us as directly.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why can't you just explain it to me?

I did. In post 2. Had it involved any of Celtic, Rangers, Chelsea or Linfield, we'd be having the massive debate right now.

Is that so hard to understand?

No but if it involves a "Scottish" team then it reflects badly on our league and country.

Germany and Poland hardly affects us as directly.

So it's only a "disgrace" if it reflects badly on us?

I get it now. People are so selfish. :sad:

I did. In post 2. Had it involved any of Celtic, Rangers, Chelsea or Linfield, we'd be having the massive debate right now.

Is that so hard to understand?

But why? You're going to have to explain this one to me, I'm afraid. Is it worse when the aforementioned teams do it?

Its a disgrace all round.

But people are more likely to debate something more when it affects them. Rangers bitching affects us more than Germany and Polands does, as it reflects poorly on football fans in this country ie US.

brellierlegend

Only the filthy English fans deserve to be banned from all International competitions.

Guest JamboRobbo
But why? You're going to have to explain this one to me, I'm afraid.

Because of the "tendancies" of the group of posters who contribute the majority of the posts to those debates. They only bother to post if it's about one of those 4 teams.

Is it worse when the aforementioned teams do it?

Nope.

Only the filthy English fans deserve to be banned from all International competitions.

Laughable.

Its a disgrace all round.

But people are more likely to debate something more when it affects them. Rangers bitching affects us more than Germany and Polands does, as it reflects poorly on football fans in this country ie US.

There's a thread about this now, and not one person has commented on how terribly, utterly shocked they are by this behaviour.

Might be because they're not as absolutely delighted by it as they were on previous occasions, right enough.

But why? You're going to have to explain this one to me, I'm afraid. Is it worse when the aforementioned teams do it?

I realise you're not thick, just merely stirring. If you wish to discuss EVERYTHING that goes on in the world of football please feel free to start thread after thread, that's entirely up to you. Others just choose to discuss things RELATIVE to them, essentially teams close to or directly associated with Hearts.

Surely that's simple enough to understand or does diddums want to boo hoo about perceived 'point scoring'?

Because of the "tendancies" of the group of posters who contribute the majority of the posts to those debates. They only bother to post if it's about one of those 4 teams.

So it is meant to score points - against those posters?

Thanks for explaining.

I realise you're not thick, just merely stirring. If you wish to discuss EVERYTHING that goes on in the world of football please feel free to start thread after thread, that's entirely up to you. Others just choose to discuss things RELATIVE to them, essentially teams close to or directly associated with Hearts.

...such as Chelsea and Linfield? :confused:

Laughable.

There's a thread about this now, and not one person has commented on how terribly, utterly shocked they are by this behaviour.

Might be because they're not as absolutely delighted by it as they were on previous occasions, right enough.

Because it doesnt affect us as directly as Rangers will.

Surely that's simple enough to understand or does diddums want to boo hoo about perceived 'point scoring'?

Exactly.

What I'm very surprised about is how Makween has seemingly become part of the Usual Suspects mob over the past few months. Seeking attention from Rangers apologists is a bit sad.

...such as Chelsea and Linfield? :confused:

TBH I've never noticed many threads bitching about Chelsea or Linfield.

I know the Rangers one, and have explained why it was so "popular"

What I'm very surprised about is how Makween has seemingly become part of the Usual Suspects mob over the past few months. Seeking attention from Rangers apologists is a bit sad.

I'm not a Rangers apologist, and nor would I seek attention from any. Don't see what you're getting at here.

Through being tarred with the same brush.

...or so people keep saying.

I've yet to see Hearts being tarred with any brushes by anyone as a result of Rangers fans' behaviour.

Anyway, seems like quite woolly reasoning for the multiple threads about that particular incident being opposed by absolutely none about this.

Guest JamboRobbo
So it is meant to score points - against those posters?

I don't claim to know WHY people post what they post? I'm amazed that you can read posts and know why someone posted it though. You should be on TV like Derren Browne or something. :P

I'm just stating what I've observed happen on JKB. And that observation tells me that had it been about Celtic, Rangers, Linfield or Chelsea, we'd be getting a 20 page debate. As it isn't, we're not.

I'm not a Rangers apologist, and nor would I seek attention from any.

That's untrue.

p.s. Replying to your own thread once every minute is a pretty obvious sign of a poor wind-up. I score this wind-up: 2/10.

brellierlegend
Laughable.

BITE BITE BITE!

Those kind of posters sicken me to my core! Why don't they just fully support Rangers.

Guest JamboRobbo
Oh dear, I can see this one dragging on before the infractions start!

:confused:

My dads bigger than your dad. ;)

I suggest you prepare yourself for yet ANOTHER quality debate ahead. :laugh:

I don't claim to know WHY people post what they post? I'm amazed that you can read posts and know why someone posted it though. You should be on TV like Derren Browne or something. :P

I'm just stating what I've observed happen on JKB. And that observation tells me that had it been about Celtic, Rangers, Linfield or Chelsea, we'd be getting a 20 page debate. As it isn't, we're not.

I'd still like to know why. Seems like point-scoring to me.

That's untrue.

p.s. Replying to your own thread once every minute is a pretty obvious sign of a poor wind-up. I score this wind-up: 2/10.

No it isn't. I have no interest in Rangers, and if I wanted attention from Rangers apologists on Kickback (not that I'm aware of any), the obvious way to get it would be to post about Celtic.

I'm not at the windup, so I'm pleased to get such a low mark.

...or so people keep saying.

I've yet to see Hearts being tarred with any brushes by anyone as a result of Rangers fans' behaviour.

Anyway, seems like quite woolly reasoning for the multiple threads about that particular incident being opposed by absolutely none about this.

We've not been abroad in Europe since then.

I GUARANTEE that police forces in europe will be wary of Scottish fans thanks to Rangers fans behaviour.

Guest JamboRobbo
That's untrue.

You are too generous Acey.

BITE BITE BITE!

Wow, you're just too witty for me. If I'd realised that you were Stephen Fry...

Those kind of posters sicken me to my core! Why don't they just fully support Rangers.

I could say something like "BITE BITE BITE!", but I have a life so I won't.

Anyway, I've got work to do now. Toodle pip, chaps.

No it isn't. I have no interest in Rangers, and if I wanted attention from Rangers apologists on Kickback (not that I'm aware of any), the obvious way to get it would be to post about Celtic.

Or to constantly defend Rangers, Chelsea or Linfield.

I'm not at the windup, so I'm pleased to get such a low mark.

Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Guest JamboRobbo

I could say something like "BITE BITE BITE!", but I have a life so I won't.

A real life?

Like going outside and things?

Wow. You're amazing.

Wow, you're just too witty for me. If I'd realised that you were Stephen Fry...

Whereas "lolcats" are the work of Oscar Wilde himself. :rolleyes:

Seymour M Hersh

He he, the OP has got some folk on here to not only bite but take it hook, line, sinker and rod as well!!!:)

Guest JamboRobbo
He he, the OP has got some folk on here to not only bite but take it hook, line, sinker and rod as well!!!:)

Has he? I just see a load of posters who saw right through it from the very start.

brellierlegend
Anyway, I've got work to do now. Toodle pip, chaps.

Whoever employed a knuckle dragger like you needs help!

shaun.lawson

Actually, it looks to me like it rebounded on him pretty spectacularly. Acey, Das Root and JR combined seem to have seen him off. Pity.

He's away to "work" now too.

Left the rod on the bank and having a nap.

Guest JamboRobbo
He's away to "work" now too.

Left the rod on the bank and having a nap.

Or away to try and make a new rod.....

Archived