Jump to content

SAS - Who dares wins


Jeff

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Or on a woman it can be one tear for each year her man has been in jail. 

 

The one she has where the teardrop is hollow would indicate having served time, coloured in black means to have killed and coloured in blue can be to remember someone who has died (sometimes with the intent to avenge their death and change it to black)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Jeff

    20

  • Tazio

    9

  • Sharpie

    8

  • ri Alban

    8

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Ribble said:

 

The one she has where the teardrop is hollow would indicate having served time, coloured in black means to have killed and coloured in blue can be to remember someone who has died (sometimes with the intent to avenge their death and change it to black)

Interesting i didnt know any of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Interesting i didnt know any of that.

 

I have quite a few tattoos and love reading about tattoo history and the origins of each design

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

 

The one she has where the teardrop is hollow would indicate having served time, coloured in black means to have killed and coloured in blue can be to remember someone who has died (sometimes with the intent to avenge their death and change it to black)

 

We're both right though as it has a number of meanings, some as unpleasant as having being raped or made someones "bitch" in prison. In Australia apparently it can be a tattoo forced on someone who is a child molester. Either way not a very clever tattoo to get. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Back on tonight with Celebs. What this show has taught me is that no one is truly fine, everyone has their demons. 

 

Best thing on television

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jeff said:

Back on tonight with Celebs. What this show has taught me is that no one is truly fine, everyone has their demons. 

 

Best thing on television

Good show. But I think they go looking for people with issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Good show. But I think they go looking for people with issues.

 

Aye that'll true. Does show you that you never know what some folk are going through in life sometimes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't they say all the celebs volunteered? Can't imagine there would have been too many others who went for it who got turned back

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Aye that'll true. Does show you that you never know what some folk are going through in life sometimes. 

I missed the finale. How did the lad whose wife died, get on. I was hoping he'd won.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I missed the finale. How did the lad whose wife died, get on. I was hoping he'd won.

 

Aye, he made it to the end. As did the Scottish surgeon and the Ed Sheeran lookalike. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Aye, he made it to the end. As did the Scottish surgeon and the Ed Sheeran lookalike. 

Who won?

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who won?

 

There isn't a winner. Its just as many folk as make it to the end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

There isn't a winner. Its just as many folk as make it to the end. 

?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Anyone been watching? Fairly worried about Bellews health

I've not watched any of it, what are your concerns about Bellews health?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've not watched any of it, what are your concerns about Bellews health?

 

It started last week and the 2nd one is on tonight if you want to catch up.

 

He just looks ready to explode, clearly has too much time to think now that he's retired and it's messing with his head. Wouldn't be shocked if he had bad depression but didn't want to open up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jeff said:

 

It started last week and the 2nd one is on tonight if you want to catch up.

 

He just looks ready to explode, clearly has too much time to think now that he's retired and it's messing with his head. Wouldn't be shocked if he had bad depression but didn't want to open up.

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
58 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've not watched any of it, what are your concerns about Bellews health?

He seems more unhinged than ever since retiring. 

 

I thought from getting lucky in the first Haye fight to winning the lottery by getting to fight him again in his condition for life changing money would have allowed him to enjoy a comfortable and more relaxed life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame Bellew and Fashanu didn’t go against each other in the tyre game. Whichever one got thumped would have made me happy. Bellew has issues, Fashanu is just an arsehole. 

Edited by Tazio
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Anthea Turner go ape shit berserk mode, surprise everyone.

 

I can see Bellew ending up confronting one of the DS at some point.  Haven't watched the 2nd epi' yet.

 

Good so far,  I am enjoying it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bellow is in for shock if he fecks with these lads. It doesn't matter how good a boxer you are when your off your feet and Tony is one of the shittiest boxers ever.

 

Edited by ri Alban
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Bellow is in for shock if he fecks with these lads. It doesn't matter how good a boxer you are when your off your feet and Tony is one of the shittiest boxers ever.

 

 

World Champion...

 

He looks afraid of the SAS guys and seems to respect them though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

Shame Bellew and Fashanu didn’t go against each other in the tyre game. Whichever one got thumped would have made me happy. Bellew has issues, Fashanu is just an arsehole. 

 

Both have a "2nd is failure" attitude. That can drive people on to success which both have had. 

 

Bellew seems unhinged. 

Fashanu totally missed the point the tyre game by attempting to incapacitate Locksmith, that was a bit out of order.

 

I thought the drill instructor discussion with Fashanu later was interesting - I think he has a lot of regret over how he treated his brother but his personality/mindset won't allow him to accept he has some level of responsibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the day, Edinburgh airport was the second destination of choice in the UK for handling aircraft hijacks, so once a year the SAS did a 2 day exercise. I worked at the airport at the time and one time our office were persuaded to be ‘hostages’  These guys didn’t play games at half speed. Everything they did for 2 days was for real, including seriously rough man handling of hostages at the end. We made sure we were unavailable for future exercises.

 

Although the unit had some serious beasts you would cross the street to avoid most of the lads you wouldn’t give a second glance to. You certainly wouldn’t imagine the levels of stealth fitness agility and just pure stone hardness from some of them barely 11st dripping wet.

 

We saw them driving Range Rovers at each other one afternoon, training to avoid getting hurt when one of them hit you !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Although the unit had some serious beasts you would cross the street to avoid most of the lads you wouldn’t give a second glance to. You certainly wouldn’t imagine the levels of stealth fitness agility and just pure stone hardness from some of them barely 11st dripping wet.

 

I ended up watching daft YouTube videos last night and watched a couple of ex special forces soldiers ranking the realism of film action. The Ex SAS guy was a very normal looking bloke, quietly spoken, the ex US Seal was bullet headed, over muscled, tattoos everywhere. Even the way they spoke and judged was like chalk and cheese. You certainly couldn't imagine the American blending in easily if they were hiding out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

 

I ended up watching daft YouTube videos last night and watched a couple of ex special forces soldiers ranking the realism of film action. The Ex SAS guy was a very normal looking bloke, quietly spoken, the ex US Seal was bullet headed, over muscled, tattoos everywhere. Even the way they spoke and judged was like chalk and cheese. You certainly couldn't imagine the American blending in easily if they were hiding out. 

These guys (the SAS) would never let you know who they were or what they did when they were in, some of their close family dont even know what unit they are in and its never called the SAS in those circles . We wouldn't have known had we not been enlisted as hostages and, some years, overlooking their training compound at the airport. Actually they came in to the office one time the week before to brief us as to what we'd be likely to see (the Range Rover exercise for example) and how real it would be to be a hostage and although it wasn't said, we knew what unit they were. The fellah called it 22 Para. The guy who briefed us was a wee skinny jakey looking long haired scruff in his 20's, but when he said 'no fecking mobile phones or cameras in this office next week and we'll be checking so dont even think about it' no one thought he was joking. Incredible men, a different breed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

These guys (the SAS) would never let you know who they were or what they did when they were in, some of their close family dont even know what unit they are in and its never called the SAS in those circles . We wouldn't have known had we not been enlisted as hostages and, some years, overlooking their training compound at the airport. Actually they came in to the office one time the week before to brief us as to what we'd be likely to see (the Range Rover exercise for example) and how real it would be to be a hostage and although it wasn't said, we knew what unit they were. The fellah called it 22 Para. The guy who briefed us was a wee skinny jakey looking long haired scruff in his 20's, but when he said 'no fecking mobile phones or cameras in this office next week and we'll be checking so dont even think about it' no one thought he was joking. Incredible men, a different breed.

"The Regiment" is what they call it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

"The Regiment" is what they call it.

22 Para was one of the Developing forms of the SAS, commissioned during the war and disbanded in 1946. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I think the nicest thing I can say about Fashanu is that he is a complete weirdo.

 

I was laughing at the start but the more it went on the more I reckon he's very ill mentally. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Tony Bellow just confirming he's s bellend. Tony Bellow your arse.

 

He was quiet last ep

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jeff said:

 

He was quiet last ep

Not about Scotland and William Wallace he wasn't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/04/2020 at 13:22, Mysterion said:

 

Both have a "2nd is failure" attitude. That can drive people on to success which both have had. 

 

Bellew seems unhinged. 

Fashanu totally missed the point the tyre game by attempting to incapacitate Locksmith, that was a bit out of order.

 

I thought the drill instructor discussion with Fashanu later was interesting - I think he has a lot of regret over how he treated his brother but his personality/mindset won't allow him to accept he has some level of responsibility. 

 

Fashanu is a horrific weasel of a man. 

 

You can see he blames his brother for killing himself. 'He wasnt strong enought to cope'. Aye mate, probably cos you abandoned him you homophobic twat. What a truly dreadful ***** he is. The choke lock ffs, I'd happily watch Bellow kick **** out of him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3
On 28/04/2020 at 14:03, JimmyCant said:

Back in the day, Edinburgh airport was the second destination of choice in the UK for handling aircraft hijacks, so once a year the SAS did a 2 day exercise. I worked at the airport at the time and one time our office were persuaded to be ‘hostages’  These guys didn’t play games at half speed. Everything they did for 2 days was for real, including seriously rough man handling of hostages at the end. We made sure we were unavailable for future exercises.

 

Although the unit had some serious beasts you would cross the street to avoid most of the lads you wouldn’t give a second glance to. You certainly wouldn’t imagine the levels of stealth fitness agility and just pure stone hardness from some of them barely 11st dripping wet.

 

We saw them driving Range Rovers at each other one afternoon, training to avoid getting hurt when one of them hit you !!

I worked with an SAS guy in Bosnia years ago who had spent 23 years in the SAS, all the way up through the ranks and made it to captain..........he looked like a Roy Cropper from Corrie 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
CostaJambo
1 hour ago, The Brow said:

 

Fashanu is a horrific weasel of a man. 

 

You can see he blames his brother for killing himself. 'He wasnt strong enought to cope'. Aye mate, probably cos you abandoned him you homophobic twat. What a truly dreadful ***** he is. The choke lock ffs, I'd happily watch Bellow kick **** out of him. 

I used to work with Fashanu's sister-in-law (Gabonese). Lovely looking girl. Don't think she even knew him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That Billy guy is the real deal. He's about 10 stone soaking wet as well. 23 years in the SAS, retired as a Warrant Officer, highest NCO you can be. Probably got that many medals that he wouldn't be able to stand up. A real hero, absolute nails. Seems like a top guy as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That Billy guy is the real deal. He's about 10 stone soaking wet as well. 23 years in the SAS, retired as a Warrant Officer, highest NCO you can be. Probably got that many medals that he wouldn't be able to stand up. A real hero, absolute nails. Seems like a top guy as well. 

 

This was in my youtube suggestions earlier. Not watched yet so it could be shite but will give it a bash tomorrow.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

 

This was in my youtube suggestions earlier. Not watched yet so it could be shite but will give it a bash tomorrow.

 

 

I just watched that this afternoon. Ross Kemp totally ruins it by speaking over him all the time.

Talks about getting diseases in the jungle and having to get chemo to get rid off the disease. He's a proper hero like. He's probably saved loads of folk and done literally 1,000's of missions. 

 

I watched another one with Billy where he said that they stuck him in a London hospital under the guise of a student doctor so he could treat trauma patients for a month. Didn't know they did that! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I just watched that this afternoon. Ross Kemp totally ruins it by speaking over him all the time.

Talks about getting diseases in the jungle and having to get chemo to get rid off the disease. He's a proper hero like. He's probably saved loads of folk and done literally 1,000's of missions. 

 

I watched another one with Billy where he said that they stuck him in a London hospital under the guise of a student doctor so he could treat trauma patients for a month. Didn't know they did that! 

 

Ahh that's a shame. With guests like him I'd probably just keep quiet the whole way and let them go through story after story. Would be some incredible moments

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/04/2020 at 08:03, JimmyCant said:

Back in the day, Edinburgh airport was the second destination of choice in the UK for handling aircraft hijacks, so once a year the SAS did a 2 day exercise. I worked at the airport at the time and one time our office were persuaded to be ‘hostages’  These guys didn’t play games at half speed. Everything they did for 2 days was for real, including seriously rough man handling of hostages at the end. We made sure we were unavailable for future exercises.

 

Although the unit had some serious beasts you would cross the street to avoid most of the lads you wouldn’t give a second glance to. You certainly wouldn’t imagine the levels of stealth fitness agility and just pure stone hardness from some of them barely 11st dripping wet.

 

We saw them driving Range Rovers at each other one afternoon, training to avoid getting hurt when one of them hit you !!

You're not joking about them not ****ing around. The building they use for hostage rescue scenarios at Hereford is called "The Killing House". When they train inside it, they only use live ammunition. There's a great story about what happened when Maggie Thatcher went to visit it - Google it, it's worth a read.

 

Another story that did the rounds (you can decide yourself whether to believe it or not but i've found it a few times) is that during one of their annual special forces exercises in the US a few years back they were put up against the Army Rangers and tasked to rescue a hostage. The Ranger detachment set up shop in the woods overlooking the target and waited for the perfect time to attack. They did so and got absolutely massacred. In the debriefing later the (understandable very irate) Ranger captain stomped over to the SAS commander and asked him, "we've been hiding in those woods for three ******* days, how did you get the drop on us". The SAS guy simply replied, "we've been sitting in those woods for two weeks". Apparently they all flew into the US separately on commercial flights, picked up their gear from somewhere and met up to ambush the Rangers.

 

Even in exercises they do not mess around. Imagine them coming after you for real. No thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In no way would I be surprised to see Bellew popping up the news for reasons you don’t want to hear in the future, whether that be hurting himself or others. He’s the type of person you pray has a strong family and friends support structure behind him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...
Ray Gin

Ant Middleton axed after telling people to ignore coronavirus rules, ignoring self-isolation rules himself, and calling BLM protesters "absolute scum". 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56249556

 

Act like a ****head, suffer the consequences. 👋 

Edited by Ray Gin
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Ant Middleton axed after telling people to ignore coronavirus rules, ignoring self-isolation rules himself, and calling BLM protesters "absolute scum". 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56249556

 

Act like a ****head, suffer the consequences. 👋 


Good stuff

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Ant Middleton axed after telling people to ignore coronavirus rules, ignoring self-isolation rules himself, and calling BLM protesters "absolute scum". 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56249556

 

Act like a ****head, suffer the consequences. 👋 

 

This might  be for something else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3

It probably prods him in the side that he wasn’t actually in the SAS.......SBS yes but, no one would watch “SBS are you tough enough”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...