U20's v Dundee

mainstandjambo

We_are_the_Hearts

So is the lad Currie the best hope up front of current 20's? Looks a bit lightweight when I have seen him but that can be worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big question is why do so many of our Academy players look lightweight? There's no excuse. Mind you when we have probably our best player reshaping their diet at 23 then that maybe answers the question.

We_are_the_Hearts

Probably both of our highest earners aswell

Buaben is only on ?2K a week, would be very surprised if he is our highest earner. Ross County offered him ?2300 a week, car, and rent paid for but agent pushed for ?2500 and deal fell through.

Funtime Jambo

So is the lad Currie the best hope up front of current 20's? Looks a bit lightweight when I have seen him but that can be worked on.

The lads only 18 loads of time to work on his build as long as hes banging the goals in which i believe he is,the majority of boys that age are still developing physically.

orchardmaroon

The lads only 18 loads of time to work on his build as long as hes banging the goals in which i believe he is,the majority of boys that age are still developing physically.

yep, that's my point - you can be big with no ability but would rather have ability and develop strength!! Guess ultimately it's down to the lad and how much he wants to get there - or indeed any of the young team (if they have ability of course)

Funtime Jambo

yep, that's my point - you can be big with no ability but would rather have ability and develop strength!! Guess ultimately it's down to the lad and how much he wants to get there - or indeed any of the young team (if they have ability of course)

Agree !00%!

It still doesn't explain why our kids look small though. Surely there are big lads who can play out there. The sheer size difference between academy kids here and down south is staggering.

Buaben is only on ?2K a week, would be very surprised if he is our highest earner. Ross County offered him ?2300 a week, car, and rent paid for but agent pushed for ?2500 and deal fell through.

What a bloody chancer

Might get what he wants in January if Ross County carry on current form

Funtime Jambo

It still doesn't explain why our kids look small though. Surely there are big lads who can play out there. The sheer size difference between academy kids here and down south is staggering.

Does size really matter at academy level big or small built like a super noodle or a tank as long as the player has the technical ability wins every time for me.

orchardmaroon

Does size really matter at academy level big or small built like a super noodle or a tank as long as the player has the technical ability wins every time for me.

at under 20's level it starts to - that window when kids might get some sort of breakthrough and they are up against bigger more powerful players then you have to have some degree of strength or history has shown you will be cast aside. Don't have to be a tank but surely strength commensurate with age to assist your ability?

Our club and others go for short term fixes so unfortunately (and I want our talent to succeed at my club) the kids have to have strength enough to at least compete - or Johnny Foreigner or down south academy kid steps in

Funtime Jambo

at under 20's level it starts to - that window when kids might get some sort of breakthrough and they are up against bigger more powerful players then you have to have some degree of strength or history has shown you will be cast aside. Don't have to be a tank but surely strength commensurate with age to assist your ability?

Our club and others go for short term fixes so unfortunately (and I want our talent to succeed at my club) the kids have to have strength enough to at least compete - or Johnny Foreigner or down south academy kid steps in

Never rated that boy Johnny Foreigner. :smiley2:

orchardmaroon

Never rated that boy Johnny Foreigner. :smiley2:

:) very one paced!

Great debate though as I love my club for always having brought through home grown talent and try to keep an interest.

Funtime Jambo

:) very one paced!

Great debate though as I love my club for always having brought through home grown talent and try to keep an interest.

I know he was big and strong with no technical ability :qqb006:

orchardmaroon

I know he was big and strong with no technical ability :qqb006:

touche!

Surely we have some kids who can make it?!?

Its not all about size as such. Its conditioning and ball protection technique.

Raheem Sterling was 17/18 when he played at Tynie and all ready strong as an ox ON THE BALL.

I remember being surprised how built Aaron Lennon was too.

Scottish players tend to be lightweight or heffers! Miles behind when it comes to conditioning and body use up here. I like to hope/think Hearts will bridge that gap quicker than others.

Funtime Jambo

touche!

Surely we have some kids who can make it?!?

Sure we will have throughout the academy!!

orchardmaroon

Sure we will have throughout the academy!!

exactly - I remain positive!!

In two years time when the young lad Currie bangs in his first hat trick we will remember this conversation ;)

Funtime Jambo

exactly - I remain positive!!

In two years time when the young lad Currie bangs in his first hat trick we will remember this conversation ;)

:thumbsup:

Archived