U20's v Dundee

mainstandjambo

Footballfirst

I plan on going along.  I suspect that it will be a young team again, but without the U16s who are on international duty this week.

Noring Brandon smith Jones nowak petkov Morrison bauben Currie Irvine oshaniwa

Is that Liam Smith?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How old is nowak?

Reason i ask is i thought you were only allowed 3 over age players at 20s level?

It was 5 I think

How old is nowak?

Reason i ask is i thought you were only allowed 3 over age players at 20s level?

Think it's 3 + a keeper. Does that work out?

Footballfirst

Hearts should have been out of sight by midway through the first half.  Callumn Morrison was hitting the bye line with regularity and got some great crosses in but no striker seemed to think it was worthy of attacking the ball.  Callumn himself hit a couple of shots that the keeper did well to save and Currie had the keeper saving with his feet.

Three minutes into the second half Hearts took the lead, again it was Morrison with a cross to the back post.  This time Oshaniwa rolled the ball back to Buaben at the edge of the box and his left foot shot was stroked high into the top left corner of the net.

Hearts continued to create, and miss chances or misplace the final pass, but eventually got a second when Currie got on the end of a long ball and managed to deceive the keeper with an attempted lob and ended up just running the ball into the net.

A young Dundee side, to their credit, kept going and got a goal back in the 90th minute, I think with their only shot on target, It was too late to make a difference.

Their were four notable performances:

Nowak - Confidence personified. Strolled through the game, and was untroubled throughout.

Morrison - As GOOD I've ever seen him play. Must have put in at least 10 good crosses, a couple of great shots at goal, and looked a threat every time he got on the ball.

Buaben - Poser, arrogant, pedestrian lazy

Oshaniwa - As BAD as I've ever seen him play, or anyone else for that matter. Undescribably poor.

I always hope from one of these reports that Oshaniwa is going to come out favourably. Doesn't happen.

Thanks for report FF.

Considering our lack of wingers in the first team, it wouldn't sound like a bad idea to have Morrison on the bench for Saturday.

Edit: Unless of course he's on a development loan.

Considering our lack of wingers in the first team, it wouldn't sound like a bad idea to have Morrison on the bench for Saturday.

Edit: Unless of course he's on a development loan.

He is on loan to Stirling Albion, ran the full back ragged tonight !!

jamboinglasgow

He is on loan to Stirling Albion, ran the full back ragged tonight !!

Seems to only come off the bench for Stirling, but I guess with a development loan he is getting enough game time. Not seen how he has coped with League 2.

Osh failing at under 20 level.

What a massive let down and failure that man has been.

And also very expensive if rumours are true.

I always hope from one of these reports that Oshaniwa is going to come out favourably. Doesn't happen.

Thanks for report FF.

Even an eternal optimist like my good self knows that the ball is well and truly burst with this guy. What a massive disappointment to what I thought was going to be a great signing for us.

Thanks for the report as always FF :thumb:

Malcolm Tucker

Rory Currie sounds like he may be a bit of a baller. Was he the one we picked up on a free from Celtic...?

We_are_the_Hearts

Rory Currie sounds like he may be a bit of a baller. Was he the one we picked up on a free from Celtic...?

Think it was Rangers but he has been at Celtic as well. 

He went from Rangers to Celtic then back to Rangers. I'd be getting him in the fit the first team pronto.

Think it was Rangers but he has been at Celtic as well.

Started at Rangers. Mostly at Celtic 4 years I think. Rangers picked him up again last season but joined Hearts in summer.

Footballfirst

I'd be getting him in the fit the first team pronto.

He's top scorer with the Development/U20 side this season, but he's missed a lot of chances on the way.

The way Hearts are set up means he mainly plays with his back to goal and is expected to do hold the ball up, or come short, and bring others into play. I don't think that style of play suits him. I think he's much more effective with the ball played in front of him which allows him to use his pace off the shoulder of the last defender. 

Last night's goal was a case in point when it was a long ball over the top that gave him his chance.  Even then, he got a bit of luck with his mis-hit attempt to chip the keeper, but it was enough to put the keeper off and miss the ball completely, leaving him to run the ball into an empty net.

His best game was against Dunfermline at Kelty when he scored a hat trick of really clinical finishes. He hasn't been at that level often enough over the season.

He's top scorer with the Development/U20 side this season, but he's missed a lot of chances on the way.

The way Hearts are set up means he mainly plays with his back to goal and is expected to do hold the ball up, or come short, and bring others into play. I don't think that style of play suits him. I think he's much more effective with the ball played in front of him which allows him to use his pace off the shoulder of the last defender.

Last night's goal was a case in point when it was a long ball over the top that gave him his chance. Even then, he got a bit of luck with his mis-hit attempt to chip the keeper, but it was enough to put the keeper off and miss the ball completely, leaving him to run the ball into an empty net.

His best game was against Dunfermline at Kelty when he scored a hat trick of really clinical finishes. He hasn't been at that level often enough over the season.

Hearts played a lot of long balls early first half at Inverness

Johnsen struggled to make anything of them. Shows there is variety in the play at first team more than U20s.

Funtime Jambo

Last night's goal was a case in point when it was a long ball over the top that gave him his chance.  Even then, he got a bit of luck with his mis-hit attempt to chip the keeper, but it was enough to put the keeper off and miss the ball completely, leaving him to run the ball into an empty net.

The goal he scored last night was not down to luck from where i was sitting,Vladislav showed great vision to play it long and pick the striker out his first touch got him away from the 2 defenders he got to it just before the keeper he then put it through his legs ran round him and tapped it in.Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night and will definitely try and get to more,both teams had a lot of talented youngsters on show ?3 well spent!!

What's happened to Todorov? He seems to have disappeared.

Out on loan.

Getting plenty game time but not scoring many goals.

orchardmaroon

So is the lad Currie the best hope up front of current 20's? Looks a bit lightweight when I have seen him but that can be worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived