And the money keeps rolling in...

Tommy Brown

avhudtheteeshirt

Yet another big pay rise in England?

How much of that money paid in wages stays in this country?

The majority of the teams have very expensive foreign imports  that will surely take their money and leave?

Huge transfer fees to to bring them here in the first place, more money going abroad?

If taking all that into context, why will the EU bother about Brexit as English football is giving about the same amount over to them anyway?????

Sorry, sounds a bit of a political rant!!!

I'm biased as an Englishman, but to me, the FA Cup is a fantastic competition and the FA has the right to sell it for the best price they can get. It's true that the very biggest clubs no longer treat it as a priority, but for me the beauty of it is in the earlier stages, with the chance of the tiniest clubs winning through to play at Football League grounds.

I'm planning on going to MK Dons (League 1) v Spennymoor (Northern Premier League, the 7th tier of English football) in the First Round proper. I'm going as a neutral, as I'm in the area visiting family, but imagine what it will be like for the Spennymoor fans and players to play in a 30000 stadium and have a crack at a team that was in the Championship last season. The "romance of the Cup" is a clich?, but it really does mean something.

I'm not saying that the Scottish Cup isn't equally as good - I know as a Hearts fan that it is - but it's up to the Scottish authorities to emulate their English counterparts and sell their product for what it is worth.

No, Scottish football has a right to a percentage of this based on Barnett and anyway Brexit will mean English football will be a wasteland within a few years inhabited by ugly Hibs Rejects.

No, Scottish football has a right to a percentage of this based on Barnett and anyway Brexit will mean English football will be a wasteland within a few years inhabited by ugly Hibs Rejects.

It does not have a right under the Barnet Formula, but no one could argue that Scottish Football should not benefit from the number of Scottish Sky subscribers.

At the end of the day it's the punters that will pay for this. 

It will get to a point where TV sport packages will get so expensive that people will no longer be willing to pay. 

Please explain how the scope of the Barnett Formula extends to football.

It doesn't. HPH is distorting facts to suit his anti Scottish agenda.

People are only complaining because they see their subscriptions being used to make English clubs stronger.

We are aware that the FA have a good product and are entitled to maximise their potential. The seethe should be aimed at the SFA/SPFL for their incompetence.

It does not have a right under the Barnet Formula, but no one could argue that Scottish Football should not benefit from the number of Scottish Sky subscribers.

But I would expect a large number of people north of the border will have Sky Sports mainly to watch English football, so that is where the money should go. I don't know what the viewing figures are up here though.

It's the BBC split that is all over the shop and needs addressed properly.

It doesn't. HPH is distorting facts to suit his anti Scottish agenda.

People are only complaining because they see their subscriptions being used to make English clubs stronger.

We are aware that the FA have a good product and are entitled to maximise their potential. The seethe should be aimed at the SFA/SPFL for their incompetence.

Ha Ha... that's quite funny.

Why should it? Especially with Sky and BT, who are not public broadcasters.

They lay the market value. Our is a lot lower, partially down to the SPFL and SFA being shit at their jobs.

I would also say that most people in Scotland dot subscribe to it for Scottish football, never mind in England. If not, then they should make that clear by cancelling. Most won't though, as they want the EPL and Spanish football too much.

avhudtheteeshirt

People now are having to get and pay for SKY or BT as they have thrown obscene amounts of money to get all the major sports competitions away from Council TV!

When was the last time Test Cricket was on ordinary TV, it was always on all summer?

Open Golf or Ryder Cup used to always be on ordinary TV gone now to SKY.

Scottish football used to be an hour long magazine program, now its a highlights show not worth watching!

Archived