What A Come Back;

maroonlegions

RH right enough!!!

I still blame him for allowing that Mick Haughney goal in the 1956 Cup Final. Prevented Willie Duff from keeping a clean sheet throughout that Scottish Cup campaign.

I still blame him for allowing that Mick Haughney goal in the 1956 Cup Final. Prevented Willie Duff from keeping a clean sheet throughout that Scottish Cup campaign.

And don't talk about that Cup Tie at Tynecastle against Celtic, when he gave them 2 breakaway offside goals when we were leading and dominating the game.

4-2 down at one point, away from home, and we go on to win it. :laugh4:

You'd think that, even with the 11 goals, they could have shown Garland's penalty save at a crucial point in the match for us.

maroonlegions

You'd think that, even with the 11 goals, they could have shown Garland's penalty save at a crucial point in the match for us.

Aye but thats the nature of the beast with highlights .

maroonlegions

Love this picture from way back. Check the packed oot Main Stand.  Imagine dot counters in those days :uhoh2: .

12088212_1196602773699624_28880600275178

I've seen a version of this on a Dundee Utd DVD, and Garlands penalty save is included in that version, with Jim Spence overdubs

similar to me. I took the trannie up to my Grandad's room to listen to the results. Dundee Utd 5 (bugger) Hearts 6 ya beauty.

Each to their own.

Dundee were playing rangers in the cup at dens the same day so if my memory serves me right we kicked of at 2 O'clock and the dundee rangers game kicked of at 4 O'clock.

My dad took me to this match and due to the traffic it was 2-0 to Hearts before we got in.

Not only that but Aberdeen were drawn at Dunfermline but the game was called off at short notice.  I had my pre-match pints with supporters of all 5 clubs and there wasn't a hint of trouble.  A good number of the Aberdeen supporters became Jambos for the afternoon rather than returning on their bus.

One of my best ever days as a Hearts supporter.  Thought Moller would go on to be a superstar.  Shame he didn't.

On those old teleprinter days a result came through one afternoon, Rangers 0, Hearts 5.  I was beside myself but a couple of minutes

later they announced a correction to an earler result and you can guess what it was.

I used to go to the matches with a couple of older guys. One of them worked as an accountant for the Scotsman. He had gone to this match and told me that when his bus got back rushed back to the house to tell his old man all about it as he was a great Hearts fan but not able to get the games.

On entering the house no dad to be found

"Where is he?"

Mother "Gone to bed - he was upset about the result"

"Whit?"

"Aye - he turned it off as soon as that printer thingey said Dundee United 5 and swore a lot and went off to bed!"

Ha ha, sounds like me.

Archived