Miami Dolphins

Konrad von Carstein

Holy shit. Another win. They were 10-0 down with 7mins to go and looking hopeless when I decided to go to bed too :D D

I was just about to give up on them, when the Rams missed the FG and I decided to give it a few mins more...glad I did now! After the first 3 and a half quarters, I didn't think the Dolphins were going to manage another first down, nevermind score 2 TD's to win it!

Five wins in a row now...and think that streak started when this thread was started. Co-incidence, I think not  :lol:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Konrad von Carstein

I was just about to give up on them, when the Rams missed the FG and I decided to give it a few mins more...glad I did now! After the first 3 and a half quarters, I didn't think the Dolphins were going to manage another first down, nevermind score 2 TD's to win it!

Five wins in a row now...and think that streak started when this thread was started. Co-incidence, I think not  :lol:

You are welcome Miami.... :euro: 

:kirklol:

Is Matt Moore still the back up? Used to be one of the better reserve QBs.

I see he is...just did very well there...

Is Matt Moore still the back up? Used to be one of the better reserve QBs.

Yeah. Just taken them near the end zone with 40 secs left. It's 23-23

Jeebus Crisp....they don't half put you through the emotional wringer though....

Every bloody week. Either they have to come back from an awful start or almost throw it away. :D

Game next week is Saturday night in US, so 1:25am on Sunday morning over here. Everyone round to mine from midnight.

Good game for Moore to warm up his arm; the jets are dreadful.

The Texans play a potentially decisive game starting at 1.45 am here on Christmas Day. Santa and the elves may be up very late wrapping presents...

J.T.F.Robertson

Was hoping they would screw it up at the finish there in the event we need a wild-card. That's us both at 8-5 but if we finish with the same record, we'd be oot due to the head to head record.

Was hoping they would screw it up at the finish there in the event we need a wild-card. That's us both at 8-5 but if we finish with the same record, we'd be oot due to the head to head record.

The race for second AFC wild card suddenly looks pretty tight.

J.T.F.Robertson

It does!

Just a couple of weeks ago I wrote that route off and figured we'd have to win the division. Now it's taken on a different look, though I still think it's what we'll need.

Should have a good idea after this weekend. Dolphins really need to beat Jets and Bills because we won't beat Patriots in the final week. You guys have a bye against Browns and will probably lose to Ravens so you probably need beat Bengals this weekend.

J.T.F.Robertson

Should have a good idea after this weekend. Dolphins really need to beat Jets and Bills because we won't beat Patriots in the final week. You guys have a bye against Browns and will probably lose to Ravens so you probably need beat Bengals this weekend.

I have more concerns re the Cincinnati game than the Baltimore one.

Dolphins announced in one of the Wembley games next year. 

Will play the Saints on 24th Sept or 1st Oct

I'll be off down South to see that one.

Who dat.

Stolen from elsewhere. Good explanation of Play Off scenarios for Dolphins...

If the Dolphins win out and finish 11-5:

They would be guaranteed the 6th seed. Nobody else competing with us for the final spot can go 11-5 besides Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh wins out, they win their division and we have the tiebreaker over them anyways. They have no effect on us. Denver, Baltimore, and Tennessee can only go 10-6. If KC loses 1 more, they will finish 11-5. If Miami and KC finish at 11-5, Miami gets the 5th seed because they have the tiebreaker.

If the Dolphins finish 10-6:

Miami needs Denver to lose another game. If just Denver and Miami finish 10-6, Denver wins the tiebreaker. Miami misses the playoffs. If Denver loses, they could only finish 9-7. If Tennessee wins out, they will finish 10-6. They would win their division so they have NO impact on us at 10-6. If Baltimore wins out, they will be 10-6 and would win their division. They have NO impact on us at 10-6. If Pittsburgh loses to Baltimore and finishes 10-6 and ends up in a three way tie with Miami and Denver, Pittsburgh would get the 6th seed. Miami would miss the playoffs. If Miami and Pittsburgh are the only two 10-6 teams, Miami wins the tiebreaker since they beat them. If Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Miami all finish 10-6, Baltimore wins the division and Miami wins the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh for the 6th seed. If Kansas City, Miami, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Denver all finish 10-6, Baltimore would win the division and the two WC seeds would be Pittsburgh at #5 and Miami at #6.

If the Dolphins lose out, too much needs to happen involving everyone losing out. Basically, 9-7 isn't getting anyone in unless a miracle happens.

I was at the Texans game yesterday; Ostweiler was utterly woeful. As soon as Savage replace him, it changed the game. 

I was at the Texans game yesterday; Ostweiler was utterly woeful. As soon as Savage replace him, it changed the game.

Yes, watched it. Savage should have been the starter two years ago.

Yes, watched it. Savage should have been the starter two years ago.

Seconded. Hopkins was playing out of his skin as well. Boy is bloody brilliant

Archived