Today was one of those days

John Findlay

when we have played better and lost. Can't remember the last Tim an away team came to TynecAstle and hit the woodwork four times. We rode our luck at times today and in that respect it was a very good three points gained. Thought Rossi, Djoum were the standouts today. With decent performances from Paterson, Cowie and Souttar. Muirhead did well for his time on the park and Johnson took his goal well.

August Landmesser

Yep, I wasn't at Perth, but from the sounds of it, today was almost the opposite of that game.

Good. I don't care who scores 'em so long as we keep winning

Just not happening for Dundee

Could be a really tough season for them

They had nae luck today.

queensferryjambo

Hearts had plenty of chances today prior to scoring just Dundee were really well organised and their defence done their jobs especially first half. We had 17 shots on goal with 7 on target and yes at times we rode our luck.

Second have Dundee went for it more as they clearly felt they could get something from the game. They were unlucky not to get a point IMO.

If Dundee play the same the rest of the season no way will they be in relegation trouble.

Hackney Hearts

Sounds unlucky for Dundee. Quite something.

Although - hitting the woodwork 4 times just means 4 off-target attempts on goal....

And even if you counted them as ON-target, they still had fewer attempts on target than we did.

I think although Dundee were unlucky not to score, we did have numerous chances before there second half period. Credit to Neilson for seeing we were being overrun in the midfield and making the subs he did.

J Cheever Loophole

I had just said to the guy sitting next to me that it could end up a daft day, when we win 2-3 nil, then bang!

Bazzas right boot

We should have had them put away 1st half.

Dundee had two fantastic efforts that hit the woodwork and a header from the corner, the dafty should have done better as well after he somehow got through on goal, they had a good 20 minute spell.

We had enough chances to win 3 games.

Folk ripping into us, we played well and got the points.

We need to start scoring earlier and ta king our chances or we will gives teams a sniff and belief they can take something.

Otherwise, not much to complain about, 2 points better than this fixture last year.

Bazzas right boot

Hearts had plenty of chances today prior to scoring just Dundee were really well organised and their defence done their jobs especially first half. We had 17 shots on goal with 7 on target and yes at times we rode our luck.

Second have Dundee went for it more as they clearly felt they could get something from the game. They were unlucky not to get a point IMO.

If Dundee play the same the rest of the season no way will they be in relegation trouble.

If Dundee play like that for the rest of the season they will be battered by HT in every game.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

when we have played better and lost. Can't remember the last Tim an away team came to TynecAstle and hit the woodwork four times. We rode our luck at times today and in that respect it was a very good three points gained. Thought Rossi, Djoum were the standouts today. With decent performances from Paterson, Cowie and Souttar. Muirhead did well for his time on the park and Johnson took his goal well.

Is there a problem? Aawwww diddums would you rather we got beat because it would be fairer on the away team who hit the bar 4 times? Grow a pair and celebrate a hearts victory.

Dundee had a 15-20 minute spell where they attacked us at the start of the second half but we were comfortably in charge for the rest of the game. Them hitting woodwork and forcing a couple of saves doesn't change that. They had two shots on target all game.

Is everyone blind or is it just me we need to ask the question who the Kansas gave that tool salmon a 3 yr deal because some prick thought that was a good signing they need to walk and apologise to any player who he's ever stole the jersey from,its a disgrace he plays for us shit shit shit and more shit excuse my French but that prick doesn't deserve to wear the jersey

Dundee had a 15-20 minute spell where they attacked us at the start of the second half but we were comfortably in charge for the rest of the game. Them hitting woodwork and forcing a couple of saves doesn't change that. They had two shots on target all game.

There no 19 done more work than the whole hearts team put together mom easily

He was woeful! A pretty major downgrade from Greg Stewart.

Riddley Walker

Is there a problem? Aawwww diddums would you rather we got beat because it would be fairer on the away team who hit the bar 4 times? Grow a pair and celebrate a hearts victory.

:cornette:

Today was reminiscent of our last 4 or 5 games.  Created enough good chances in the first half to have the game comfortably in our hands, but just didn't finish our chances.  Then endured a sticky period in the second half, thankfully, we rode our luck today and ended up with a win that I think was deserved overall.

If we had a clinical finisher in the team, we'd have had the last 5 games sewn up by half time.

I can only assume that your football knowledge can be written on the back of a stamp with room to spare.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Ffs.

They turned up cheating and looking for their elaborate set pieces.

Glad they got what they deserved.

Nowt.

I can only assume that your football knowledge can be written on the back of a stamp with room to spare.[/quote

Well said, John and there's another numpty called Buzzbomb on this thread with a similar amount of football savvy!!!

We were poor today, very lacklustre all over the park. Few spells in the 1st half we threatened to get into a rhythm. 2nd half Dundee battered us and a better side would've put us away. Ozturk is poor and spreads panic throughout the back 4. Every mistake we made, he was involved. Cowie was anonymous as was Watt. Sammon does everything you don't want a striker to do. He's runs the channels when he should be through the middle. He passes when he should shoot. Severely lacking confidence. Muirhead made a big impact in the game. Direct and his deliveries are 100% better than anyone in the squad.

Dave McPherson nailed it at half time. Scott Wilson "what did you make of that 1st half" Dave McPherson "boring". Far too slow and predictable in everything we do with our strikers carrying zero attacking threat.

Obviously all just my take on things. Happy with the points tho. Would take a poor performance and the 3 points over a great display and none.

We were incredibly lucky today. Even though they hit the woodwork 4 times they also missed sitters. Really lucky but I'll take it. it was a complete get out of jail card today. Muirhead deserves a start that's the only plus today

We were incredibly lucky today. Even though they hit the woodwork 4 times they also missed sitters. Really lucky but I'll take it. it was a complete get out of jail card today. Muirhead deserves a start that's the only plus today

We missed a few sitters ourselves. They had two shots on target all game. 

They might have hit the woodwork four times but they were the second best team today.

You were watching a different game than me then. We were complete rank. Majority of teams would of had us buried. We were the home team and that 25 minutes in the 2nd half were as big a kick in as I've witnessed in 35 years following us. The 1st half showed our strikers for what they are - passengers. Sammon is useful but as a striker he's completely useless. He'll be lucky to get 6 goals. I've defended him until now but he is actually undefendable now.

You were watching a different game than me then. We were complete rank. Majority of teams would of had us buried. We were the home team and that 25 minutes in the 2nd half were as big a kick in as I've witnessed in 35 years following us. The 1st half showed our strikers for what they are - passengers. Sammon is useful but as a striker he's completely useless. He'll be lucky to get 6 goals. I've defended him until now but he is actually undefendable now.

So we won while playing badly? Celtic do that constantly. Mark of champions.

So we won while playing badly? Celtic do that constantly. Mark of champions.

That's right dude, we're gonna be champions.

stirlingshirejambo

As big a kick in 35 years as you have seen!!!!

You must have watched plenty games with eyes shut

We've played much much worse many times

Yes they dominated fir a 15 minute spell but they never scored and Hamilton only had one save to make

He was woeful and missed at least 2 glorious chances.

He was woeful and missed at least 2 glorious chances.

I thought he played really well second half to be honest but a bit like our strikers can't seem to finish.

We weren't all that bad apart from that spell. Dundee had that attacking spell and were very very unlucky not to score. But they would only have scored once though as the game would have taken a different course. Had they scored, Hearts may have still won. As it is we did win. We were a tad lucky. We've been both lucky and unlucky before and will be again. The end.

Think our defending of set pieces needs to improve, but we are opening teams up.

Fair play to Dundee, they made changes and opened us up in second half, but Robbie made the subs and brought the game back.

Seymour M Hersh

They had the better of the game for 20 minutes of the 2nd half.  Our team going to sleep after half-time has been a problem for years, under various managers and I've no idea why it happens.  Back to yesterday although they had the 20 minute spell virtually all there chances came from cheap give aways by our players and that needs to stop because a more clinical team will punish us. Other than that we were the better team and easily passed the ball through them in the first half but our finishing was, yet again, poor.

With Sammon, I've been willing to give him as much of a chance as possible but he just looks woeful. Yes he runs about but it's of no real use and I know he set up Watt a couple of times but for a big lad he seems totally averse to jumping. I lost count of the number he backed into their centre half instead of challenging them in the air. He has poor movement off the ball to create space for others (if you look in the 2nd half Moorhead did exactly that for Djoum). He does not close down their defenders well enough, again, if you look at how quick Johnson did that after coming on. And I could not ever see Sammon getting on the end of Walkers cross to score as Johnson did so well (of course his legs are so long he was actually standing at the edge of the box to score that :smiley2: ). Samson usually starts a game quite positively which is why I'd be inclined to start Johnson for the next 5 or 6 games and have Sammon come on late in the game where he might pose a positive threat.

Over all though, you have to be pleased with the result yesterday a s in previous seasons that could well have ended in a draw/loss.

They had the better of the game for 20 minutes of the 2nd half.  Our team going to sleep after half-time has been a problem for years, under various managers and I've no idea why it happens.  Back to yesterday although they had the 20 minute spell virtually all there chances came from cheap give aways by our players and that needs to stop because a more clinical team will punish us. Other than that we were the better team and easily passed the ball through them in the first half but our finishing was, yet again, poor.

With Sammon, I've been willing to give him as much of a chance as possible but he just looks woeful. Yes he runs about but it's of no real use and I know he set up Watt a couple of times but for a big lad he seems totally averse to jumping. I lost count of the number he backed into their centre half instead of challenging them in the air. He has poor movement off the ball to create space for others (if you look in the 2nd half Moorhead did exactly that for Djoum). He does not close down their defenders well enough, again, if you look at how quick Johnson did that after coming on. And I could not ever see Sammon getting on the end of Walkers cross to score as Johnson did so well (of course his legs are so long he was actually standing at the edge of the box to score that :smiley2: ). Samson usually starts a game quite positively which is why I'd be inclined to start Johnson for the next 5 or 6 games and have Sammon come on late in the game where he might pose a positive threat.

Over all though, you have to be pleased with the result yesterday a s in previous seasons that could well have ended in a draw/loss.

Problem with Sammon's movement is that he seems to shadow defenders rather than trying to get into a position where he can be found with a pass. A lot of the time he's getting himself into a position where's he's shielded from the ball carrier by about two or three defenders and is only ever going to be found by an Iniesta-type pass, which obviously no-one in our team can supply. Maybe Eremenko was Killie's equivalent. The less said about his ability to take chances or his prowess in the air, the better.

I'm not buying the "works hard" line either. If I wanted to heap praise on a useless front man who worked his socks off, I'd have been a fully paid-up member of the Jamie Mole Appreciation Society. Sammon spends a lot of time strolling around like a man who knows he's going to have folding money in his pocket for the next three years whether or not he puts in a shift - which, of course, he is.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I can only assume that your football knowledge can be written on the back of a stamp with room to spare.[/quote

Well said, John and there's another numpty called Buzzbomb on this thread with a similar amount of football savvy!!!

Nah I'm just not a negative moaner. Hearts won the game get over it. If you like losing go support hibs.

Hearts did win yesterday. Yes Dundee made a game of it. Well done them. Yes the game could have gone differently had they taken a chance. But it didn't. Neilson has repeatedly told us the team prepares for the last 20 mins of matches when the game opens out with players tiring. Yesterday was an example. Dundee took the game to us for twenty mins but ultimately ran out of steam. Hearts didn't. 

I didn't think we were bad today. Not at our best of course, but still half decent. Bain made 4 excellent saves from Sammon, Djoum, Walker and Johnsen and we had at least one cleared off the line (I'm thinking of Walkers pile driver but also perhaps Patersons header in the first half). Sammon missed an open goal in addition to the one Bain saved early on and also had an okay chance at the near post. They came very close to an own goal. We also scored twice. No doubt Sportscene will only show a fraction of these chances, hence the list!

Dundee had the 4 off the woodwork (one of which barely glanced it), a free header and a chance at the death that Jack saved. So on balance I think we deserved it, and talk of Dundee battering us is nonsense. We just had our usual crap spell at the start of the second half.

If Sammon wasn't so bad I think we'd be a really good team.

Archived