Planning meeting on new stadium - running commentary (and webcast link)

scott herbertson

scott herbertson

As it says on the tin

As I'm a retired chappie I have the time to view and summarise today's meeting.

I will try to provide a running commentary on the progress of the meeting and any key questions/ answers that arise.

Hopefully this will be helpful for those who are at work etc and can only check this site

For those who wish to watch the meeting themselves here is the link - it should automatically start at 10

http://edinburgh.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/212489

My only caveat is that I had to get up at 4.30 this morning to take my daughter rowing so if it gets really dull I may nod off, being an old git these days

A generous offer Scott, givin it would be easier just to sit back and watch for yourself.

I too am working so your efforts are appreciated

scott herbertson

From the council's protocol notes - information re the format and running order (note those invited may not actually attend - we will see in an hour)

The Hearing

interested parties will be invited to attend. These would include:
? the applicant;
? the community council;
? up to 3 representators (objectors and/or supporters); and
? all elected members in that ward.

The hearing will generally follow the Council?s arrangements as agreed by the
Planning Committee on 19 May 2011. The planning officer will give a short
summary of the proposals, and each party will then be given a specified timeslot
in which to succinctly present their case. The Sub-Committee members will
be able to ask questions of all participants.

The Decision

Once all participants have been heard and questioned, the Councillor?s Code of
Practice advises that ward member(s) should retire from the room and take no
further part in the proceedings. The Sub-Committee members will then debate
the proposals, taking into account the views they have just heard and other
relevant considerations, and will reach a determination on whether to approve
or refuse them.

scott herbertson

Top man. Is it on in Statties? :whistling:

Be thankful it isn't or there would be regular commentator toilet and 'your round'  breaks

Given there's a few applications on the agenda before us, I suspect it won't be until a fair bit after 10 until they get to the stadium. 

Running order below. Shame we're not 5.1

1. 1.1 - Order of Business

2. 2.2 - Declarations of Interest

3. 3.1 - Minutes of the meeting of 28 September 2016

4. 4.1 - 8 Cambridge Avenue, Edinburgh, EH6 5AP ? Planning application for Change of use from residential (class 9) to guest-house (class 7) ? application no 16/03807/FUL

5. 4.2 - Unit 2, 40A Seafield Road East Edinburgh ? Advertisement of the following types: Hoarding (digital display) ? application no 16/03718/ADV 

6. 4.3 - 5 Vivian Terrace, Edinburgh EH4 5AW ? Erection of dwelling in garden ground of 5 Vivian Terrace - application no 16/03593/FUL

7. 5.1 - 59,60 Belford Road, Edinburgh, EH4 3UE ? Demolition of Belford House and redevelopment of site for residential development -application no 14/04512/FUL 

8. 6.1(a) - Protocol Note ? report by the Head of Strategy and Insight (circulated)

9. 6.1(B) - Tynecastle Stadium, 1 Tynecastle Terrace, Edinburgh ? Main stand redevelopment and nursery (including demolitions) ? application no 16/03823/FUL 

10. 7.1(a) - 63 Calton Road, Edinburgh, EH8 8DP ? Demolition of existing parking garage and erection of a mixed use development - application no 15/03912/FUL

11. 7.1(B) - 63 Calton Road, Edinburgh, EH8 8DP ? Proposed demolition in a conservation area ? application no 15/03913/CON 

12. 9.1 - 36 Russell Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2LP ? Forthcoming application by Ardent Group for the proposed student accommodation - application no 16/03657/PAN

scott herbertson

Given there's a few applications on the agenda before us, I suspect it won't be until a fair bit after 10 until they get to the stadium. 

Those applications before ours are not expected to be discussed - they are ones where, and I quote:

The recommendations by the Head of Planning and Transport or other Chief Officers detailed in their reports will be approved without debate unless the Clerk to the meeting indicates otherwise during ?Order of Business? at item 1 above.

So the ones before as are expected to go 'on the nod'  - straight to a vote without discussion

Those applications before ours are not expected to be discussed - they are ones where, and I quote:

The recommendations by the Head of Planning and Transport or other Chief Officers detailed in their reports will be approved without debate unless the Clerk to the meeting indicates otherwise during ?Order of Business? at item 1 above.

So the ones before as are expected to go 'on the nod'  - straight to a vote without discussion

Fair enough then, so should get round to the juicy parts quickly enough.

scott herbertson

We'll let this run until the end of the meeting then revert back to the main threaf. Hope that's ok Scott.

Yes of course Dave

Yes of course Dave

I'll close this at that point and link to it from the main thread.

I'm mid air for most of the meeting so looking forward te reading between flights. :)

I'll close this at that point and link to it from the main thread.

I'm mid air for most of the meeting so looking forward te reading between flights. :)

More holidays than Coleen Rooney.

Good stuff Scott. Much appreciated by all I'm sure. Fingers crossed things rrun smothly and as hoped.

It's all getting very exciting.

Website says meeting concluded. That was quick!

I'm hoping it just means they're doing jiggerypokery with the webcast stuff.

Edit: it's live now. [emoji106]

scott herbertson

Introduction from the committee clerk (council officer)

Order of business

Council Gardiner has requested a presentation on 4.1 (which I think means they will discuss that one before ours unfortunately)

scott herbertson

Head of Planning and Transport (council officer)
- David..

They will be looking at screens we can't see  - the view is just of the committee

"y the presintatchun no vewable"? 

sister.net getting their crayons out to pen letters of indignation. 

scott herbertson

Plans will include a range of facilities - all you would expect in a new football stadium

Plaza and glass frontage

Running through the views. Fits in with the other stands

Key issues

Hazardous substance

Amenity

Now running through ethanol storage

scott herbertson

Remote chance a major fire could ensue if catastrophic failure of one of the tanks, beach of the secondary bund wall

scott herbertson

This part of the meeting is just where the council planning officer summarises what is in the report

He is making the point that the Distillery has been there for 100 years - stadium and distillery together 'hand in hand' HSE advice is they wouldn't allow stadium if it was being built from scratch nnow but recogise its already there. Improving the bond wall is the answer

Condition truss  structure and demolitions, following that , provided a new Hazardous substance consent is obtained, Hearts can put the wall in in ?December

We have a hazardous substance consent application in showing improvements CONFIDENT A SOLUTION CAN BE ACHIEVED

Archived