Taylor Wimpey

Jeff

Just thought I'd post my experience with Taylor Wimpey so that anyone that is thinking about buying a property from them has second thoughts.

We moved in to our new 2 bedroom terraced house on the 24th June 2016 and by mid September we had been moved out into a temporary house due to the fact the house was being described as 'unsafe'. There was mold growing in almost every room around the property and despite several phone calls to the site manager, this was more or less laughed off as being natural and sprayed/painted over.

Now it doesn't take a computer wizzkid to use google and see that this is in fact dangerous and covering it up is just hiding the problem - however Taylor Wimpey seem to think it's fine.

My partner has had really bad asthma in her life and has frequently been in and out of hospital requiring steroids and various other medicines to help her breathing. Taylor Wimpey don't seem bothered about this though, even though the NHS website says that this is life threatening... what sort of company are we dealing with here?

We have been moved out for 3 weeks - coming on 4 - and there has been NO work completed whatsoever. A hole was created in a couple of rooms which has since been patched up - So in three weeks they've done the square root of nothing. Despite being promised daily phone calls with updates we have had absolutely nothing and if we want an update we have had to phone them ourselves. Most of the time all we hear is excuses and rubbish anyway so maybe this is the reason they haven't bothered contacting us.

We have both been signed of work for 5 weeks now and this problem is getting worse, there is new mold growing, new cracks appearing and the contractors have even damaged our property - not once have they apologised or asked how we are either. Everything in our wardrobes is ruined as well but again there was not even a 'sorry' or anything.

14591627_2151723828208843_8744527067582014656303_2151723888208837_7914556223047814570306_2151723934875499_3188216013188214568184_2151724001542159_8977055561031314702465_2151724148208811_54598375108800I have attached some photos which will show you how bad this problem has become.

New house builders are the scum of the earth, they sell you the house and promise the earth, then do you right up the wrong 'un once the money changes hands.

NHBC are useless as they're actually funded by the builders.

Can see them now.

Bloody hell that really is unacceptable.

Surely you can take legal action against them?

Can see them now.

Bloody hell that really is unacceptable.

Surely you can take legal action against them?

Been advised by a solictor that it wouldn't be worth it as it would last years and we wouldn't see our money back due to legal costs. Just putting pressure on them instead for free

Don't take the builders word for anything.

An independent surveyors report would be a good thing.

Post it on social media.

Send it to the papers.

Do everything in your power to advertise these facts. Ask everyone on your facebook to share your posts.

This will only go noticed by Hearts fans. Not a big enough demograph.

Seen it done before with new house builders and they absolutely shit a brick.

If you still aren't happy, repeat until happy.

Post it on social media.

Send it to the papers.

Do everything in your power to advertise these facts. Ask everyone on your facebook to share your posts.

This will only go noticed by Hearts fans. Not a big enough demograph.

Seen it done before with new house builders and they absolutely shit a brick.

If you still aren't happy, repeat until happy.

Have gone in from all angles today. We went to visit the property to see what work had been done and the result was zilch. I've been all over twitter and facebook and decided I'd post it here too.

Hopefully we get somewhere but I'm not bargaining on it

That's horrendous. I've never worked with/for Taylor Wimpey but I have been working with another large house building company for a few years now and this would just be unacceptable. If I get pulled for any 'customer cares' its made very clear that I drop everything and attend to it immediately.

Have to agree with the previous post, get this all over social media. Absolutely disgusting you've had to put up with this.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Bloody hell. I moved into a new build (Belway) 3 years ago and really haven't had any issues. There were simple teething issues and a problem with the heating which we eventually got sorted.

My wee cousin has just bought a wimpey house and is due to get the keys in 2 months. Out of interest what area is your house in? Hope you get it sorted soon.

Bloody hell. I moved into a new build (Belway) 3 years ago and really haven't had any issues. There were simple teething issues and a problem with the heating which we eventually got sorted.

My wee cousin has just bought a wimpey house and is due to get the keys in 2 months. Out of interest what area is your house in? Hope you get it sorted soon.

Arniston vale, Gorebridge

Italian Lambretta

Im so glad I paid that little bit extra to buy Walker Home. The quality is so much better compared the shite you get from Taylor Wimpey.

Maroon trainers?

PHM.

Can't help with the house thing, sorry.

Green and yellow football boots. Think I've been rumbled :(

Similar experience with Persimmon. Customer care, on the whole, has been useless (except the odd person).

Been at them for 3 years now and got pretty much nowhere. I don't envy you starting out.

Things are slowly ticking on atm but if they grind to a halt we'll be going down the papers route. Sick and tired of them. Avoid.

Similar experience with Persimmon. Customer care, on the whole, has been useless (except the odd person).

Been at them for 3 years now and got pretty much nowhere. I don't envy you starting out.

Things are slowly ticking on atm but if they grind to a halt we'll be going down the papers route. Sick and tired of them. Avoid.

We gave Taylor Wimpey enough chances to get their act together and they've done nothing. Since I've woke up in a bad mood I thought I might as well just go for it... will let you know how it goes

We gave Taylor Wimpey enough chances to get their act together and they've done nothing. Since I've woke up in a bad mood I thought I might as well just go for it... will let you know how it goes

We've got NHBC doing stuff now but not holding out much hope.

Fwiw we had mould in the corners by our doors and it turned out to be missing bricks!

Most of our issues are around terrible heat retention.

Rudolf's Mate

Admittedly I didn't think it was going to be as bad as the pics have shown. If it's like that now imagine what it'll be like once the winter really takes grip!

Contact that Watchdog program! Like others have said, the best way you'll get something done is by giving them bad press.

Scandalous. Can't imagine the levels of stress and seethe that must be causing.

Put our relationship under serious strain at times. I'm constantly angry and sleeping has become a problem.

Hopefully get somewhere from this push

Scandalous. Can't imagine the levels of stress and seethe that must be causing.

Put our relationship under serious strain at times. I'm constantly angry and sleeping has become a problem.

Hopefully get somewhere from this push

Picket their show home at the weekend and tell prospective buyers what they are letting themselves in for!

Put Taylor Wimpey are crap on all mail you send through the post - she done to them to let them see what you are doing.

Find another Taylor Wimpey show house and development and park your car outside the show house but put pictures of all the issues on the inside of the windows. Also put a big sign in the windscreen telling people not to buy from them. I bet they'll be in touch pronto after a couple of days of you parking there particularly if it's a weekend!

Hope you get this sorted as soon as possible.

Nothing surprises me with new build houses look at the mess of the new schools

How are the neighbours houses or is it only your house affected?

Print out leaflets and hand them out at one of Taylor wimpey show house complex at the weekend

Something will soon be done

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Really sorry you are having these problems. Hope they get their act together and get it sorted for you. Would hate to think what the mould would look like come February!

In defence of newbuilds, I moved into a Barrett 18 months ago and have had a very positive experience. One or 2 minor issues but they've fixed them quickly and with no hassle.

That's brutal. Sorry you're going through this mate.

I bought from Miller Homes and they were fantastic. Sadly too many of these companies are horrendous though.

Seen it shared on Facebook by someone who definitely wouldn't have seen it on here, so it's getting about.

Keep my identity quiet :P

Rupert Pupkin

Having worked on one of their developments I have seen the mould problem before. The bottom end of the site has affordable housing and the mould on the walls was horrendous. The top part of the job is private housing , and doesn't suffer from the same problem . Very strange.

That's a joke. I like the ideas about camping out for the day in front of one of their show homes.

Someone in my office was owe a tradesman some money once and the tradesman eventually got a sign made up and stood in front of the office all day. Certainly got the 800 folk in the building talking!

Absolutely horrendous. We had generally quite a positive experience with Stewart Milne when buying our house in Gorebridge but can imagine how frustrating this is.

Would agree with those saying to plaster this all over social media. Taylor Wimpy are a big company who should be doing much more to resolve these issues.

That's grim. Another thumbs down from me for Persimmon who build shoddy houses with poor paint work and electrics.

Wankers.

You think that is bad, you want to try Charles Church, I worked for and walked out on them, they were so embarrassing  in their attitude to problem solving.

There are other issues, one couple, early thirties, were on their 14th new build buy. Find problems, get money back, sell house, move on, they did it as a business for profit to them..

That's shocking. Recently moved into a new Barratt home and have to say the quality is great, the service has been too. Few snagging issues but they were very quickly dealt with.

Fruitmachine76

That's really shocking Jeffosphere. I live in arniston vale too, been there two years and seem to have been lucky that no major issues, and any issues quickly resolved.

Have you spoken with Scott Bryan's? He's really good and he did our two year snagging - he's a good bloke and seems to care.

Also Steph McLeod at their office in Dunfermline is pretty good too - she co ordinated with Scott and she also got us a new bath screen despite being past our 2 year warranty.

That all said Our neighbours a couple of doors up have been in and out their house with the same mould issues you are having. They've now got them resolved following threats of legal action etc. think they got decent compensation too.

Not ideal, and you really shouldn't have to, but keep persevering - the onsite guys although all but away now anyway aren't great - Rooney the site manager is appalling. Avoid him n go direct to Steph\scott

Go to Companies House and get a copy of the directors' home addresses. Send them a letter, recorded delivery, with copies of the pictures, telling them exactly what you will do, and who you will go to, if it is not sorted immediately.

If Customer Services is shit, you bypass them, but make sure you telll them that.

That's really shocking Jeffosphere. I live in arniston vale too, been there two years and seem to have been lucky that no major issues, and any issues quickly resolved.

Have you spoken with Scott Bryan's? He's really good and he did our two year snagging - he's a good bloke and seems to care.

Also Steph McLeod at their office in Dunfermline is pretty good too - she co ordinated with Scott and she also got us a new bath screen despite being past our 2 year warranty.

That all said Our neighbours a couple of doors up have been in and out their house with the same mould issues you are having. They've now got them resolved following threats of legal action etc. think they got decent compensation too.

Not ideal, and you really shouldn't have to, but keep persevering - the onsite guys although all but away now anyway aren't great - Rooney the site manager is appalling. Avoid him n go direct to Steph\scott

Hi neighbour. Have to be totally honest, Scott and Steph have been awful too, lies after lies and excuses for everything. Don't get me started with Rooney... Guy ran off to Benidorm

I can send a list of directors and addresses if required

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Actually I think the site is free now

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Any neighbours with the same problem Jeff?  I'd be chapping a few doors and putting notes through their doors.

Any neighbours with the same problem Jeff? I'd be chapping a few doors and putting notes through their doors.

Spoke to a couple who have had small cases of mold. Taylor Wimpey refuse to check every property though which is wierd

Archived