Vlad's mob just laughed....

Clerry Jambo

It's all looking good for the future. I'm impressed with pretty much all of what the FOH are doing.

But its a little disingenuous not to give Romanov the credit for originally keeping us at Tynecastle, which has led to all of this now being possible.

There was no other show in town at the time and without him, there would be no Gorgie stand, never mind a museum to put in it.

It's all looking good for the future. I'm impressed with pretty much all of what the FOH are doing.

But its a little disingenuous not to give Romanov the credit for originally keeping us at Tynecastle, which has led to all of this now being possible.

There was no other show in town at the time and without him, there would be no Gorgie stand, never mind a museum to put in it.

Oh craigieboy you have now turned this into a 15 pager!!

We_are_the_Hearts

No one can deny that, we were gone from Tynie if Romanov hadn't stepped in.

Just like we were gone as a club if the fans, FoH and Anne hadn't stepped in

Geoff Kilpatrick

The spin in the article is pretty crass. Fedotovas was right to say museums on their own don't make money. As part of a stadium tour they might do so but you'd also need to market Tynecastle as a destination for tourists. Sadly, Tynie isn't exactly Old Trafford or Anfield.

No one can deny that, we were gone from Tynie if Romanov hadn't stepped in.

Just like we were gone as a club if the fans, FoH and Anne hadn't stepped in

Yes, but my point is that you can't even have the FOH if we didn't have Vladimir Romanov.

The plain truth is that for the vast majority of fans, supporting Hearts is about doing so at Tynecastle. It might not be the case for that vast majority, but for me the whole experience of being a Hearts supporter would've been massively diluted by moving elsewhere.

You can point out a million flaws if you like, but I'll always be incredibly grateful to him that we didn't have to.

We_are_the_Hearts

Yes, but my point is that you can't even have the FOH if we didn't have Vladimir Romanov.

The plain truth is that for the vast majority of fans, supporting Hearts is about doing so at Tynecastle. It might not be the case for that vast majority, but for me the whole experience of being a Hearts supporter would've been massively diluted by moving elsewhere.

You can point out a million flaws if you like, but I'll always be incredibly grateful to him that we didn't have to.

I don't see any Hearts fans that aren't grateful to him for that? It's like saying you can't even have Romanov if you didn't have Wallace mercer. The FACT is he saved Tynecastle. It's also FACT that he did a lot wrong during his tenure which also seen us nearly lose the Club as well as Tynecastle. So he should be always remembered for saving Tynie and the fans, FoH and Anne for saving Tynie and the club!

I don't see any Hearts fans that aren't grateful to him for that? It's like saying you can't even have Romanov if you didn't have Wallace mercer. The FACT is he saved Tynecastle. It's also FACT that he did a lot wrong during his tenure which also seen us nearly lose the Club as well as Tynecastle. So he should be always remembered for saving Tynie and the fans, FoH and Anne for saving Tynie and the club!

There were others involved in bids for Hearts when Wallace took over.

There was only VR when Tynecastle was going to be bulldozed and turned into flats.

I'm certainly grateful what he did when he first came in - the good years were more than good! We got loads of great memories from his input. But while I'm not having a go at the post saying it, I can't get this habit of referring to 'wouldn't have happened without Vlad' EVERY time we refer to the good other people have done.

Ann, Bryan Jackson, even ourselves via the foundation cannot be praised for a single thing without someone saying "Well you've got Vlad to thank for it really". I get where they are coming from - but what is the timescale on this obsession? Do we thank the Pieman for not having messed us up MORE than he did prior to Vlad coming in? (thanks for leaving some tatters for Vlad to pick up Chris - what a man!)

I really like one point this article states - football is all about business nowadays, you need to be backed by as many as possible as well. Vlad's regime didn't market us very well at all, Ann Budge has done great work on that front. We're in a good place - and I'd like to thank her, Bryan and ourselves the fans for that. Nobody else.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm certainly grateful what he did when he first came in - the good years were more than good! We got loads of great memories from his input. But while I'm not having a go at the post saying it, I can't get this habit of referring to 'wouldn't have happened without Vlad' EVERY time we refer to the good other people have done.

Ann, Bryan Jackson, even ourselves via the foundation cannot be praised for a single thing without someone saying "Well you've got Vlad to thank for it really". I get where they are coming from - but what is the timescale on this obsession? Do we thank the Pieman for not having messed us up MORE than he did prior to Vlad coming in? (thanks for leaving some tatters for Vlad to pick up Chris - what a man!)

I really like one point this article states - football is all about business nowadays, you need to be backed by as many as possible as well. Vlad's regime didn't market us very well at all, Ann Budge has done great work on that front. We're in a good place - and I'd like to thank her, Bryan and ourselves the fans for that. Nobody else.

I think being grateful to Vlad is moot in this story. The spin from the EEN is completely unnecessary because the previous regime, at a time when money was too tight to mention, were right to say a museum wouldn't do anything for the bottom line.

I think being grateful to Vlad is moot in this story. The spin from the EEN is completely unnecessary because the previous regime, at a time when money was too tight to mention, were right to say a museum wouldn't do anything for the bottom line.

Correct. And then there is the 'comical' meerkat mentions.

To be fair Geoff, spin from a newspaper doesn't surprise me. It's as usual as birds in the sky or bacon coming from pigs. I see what your saying. Nonetheless - some points are okay in it, I'm not fussed as to why Vlad's boys wouldn't give us a museum if I'm honest. I'm just enjoying what we have now.

EDIT: I agree with other points here too - the meerkat stuff is painfully cringeworthy!

The Evening News.

"Vlad was bad

Vlad was bad

Vlad was bad"

Repeat to fade...

He nearly sent your club down the toilet, do you expect the EEN, read by hearts supporters who know this and don't like the boy. I'm not sure why you would expect any story to show him in a good light?

Rudolf's Mate

He nearly sent your club down the toilet, do you expect the EEN, read by hearts supporters who know this and don't like the boy. I'm not sure why you would expect any story to show him in a good light?

The EEN don't give a rats arse what Hearts fan think and nor do they publish a story simply for our gratification. A lot of Hearts fans refuse to read it and for good reason. 

he saved our club and Tynecastle, although what that has to do with you I just don't know. Stick to commenting on hibs stories or piss off

We_are_the_Hearts

The Evening News.

"Vlad was bad

Vlad was bad

Vlad was bad"

Repeat to fade...

Fair enough, they do have a few Hibby wankers amongst them. Maybe still hurting about the 5-1 butt **** we gave them which the World witnessed. PHM acknowledge the good and bad of Vlad

Nae disrespect, but I'm no interested in defending Vladimir Romanov to a hibby. I'll say this though, you're talking as if the entire Hearts support are against him. Youre wrong. Very wrong. Or trolling.

Fair enough, they do have a few Hibby wankers amongst them. Maybe still hurting about the 5-1 butt **** we gave them which the World witnessed. PHM acknowledge the good and bad of Vlad

Correct mate. But Vlad turning down a museum when we were hemmoraging (sp) money is a complete non story. But it doesn't stop them having a dig tho. Wankers.

Geoff Kilpatrick

he saved our club and Tynecastle, although what that has to do with you I just don't know. Stick to commenting on hibs stories or piss off

This.

LTHC.

If it was just full of statues of Vlad it might have got the thumbs up..................the ego maniac rocket that he was!

2cdyd00.jpg

The spin in the article is pretty crass. Fedotovas was right to say museums on their own don't make money. As part of a stadium tour they might do so but you'd also need to market Tynecastle as a destination for tourists. Sadly, Tynie isn't exactly Old Trafford or Anfield.

To be fair though, neither FoH or Hearts say it will make money either. I think Brian's point may be that the museum making money isn't the be all and end all.

To be fair though, neither FoH or Hearts say it will make money either. I think Brian's point may be that the museum making money isn't the be all and end all.

Only now it isn't, thanks to fans' monthly contribution. It did matter then.

Only now it isn't, thanks to fans' monthly contribution. It did matter then.

At least the Romanov regime showed some financial prudence in one area then. :whistling:

Guess The Crowd

Agree with you about the crass spin, but the artcle itself is pretty decent. It's just a stupid headline.

That looks like an original Banksy piece. Could be worth a fortune :munny:

Christmas Prints available....?99.99+P&P

PM for details

:look:

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's not a criticism of FoH. It's a criticism of the shit in the link.

Rudolf's Mate

Christmas Prints available....?99.99+P&P

PM for details

:look:

:lol:

It's basically a 'look how far we've come' spin. I personally appreciate the good things Vlad did for us at the time, but we also managed to survive and prosper after his time ended with administration.

The new museum looks fantastic and one of the good things about it is that it will evolve over time. It's a brilliant concept and fits in with the new image of the club.

Correct, and there were more important things to spend our money on those days.

Apart from the tortuous imagery in the first three paragraphs, I though the article was pretty good. Deserved a better headline.

I was never a big fan of the previous regime ( :jester: ), but to be fair I thought community engagement was one of the few things they actually did very well.

If it was just full of statues of Vlad it might have got the thumbs up..................the ego maniac rocket that he was!

2cdyd00.jpg

Haha fecking class!!!!! :)

Terrible piece of journalism. Trying to create a picture of the "former soviet" and his henchman cackling with laughter as a good Scottish laddie stands, cap in hand, begging for a museum.

Yes, awful stuff at the beginning.

"former soviet" just makes no sense. Do they mean Vlad?

Francis Albert

I see Brian Cormack is still spinning the line that diverting FoH subs for two years from repaying Ann to funding the stand will delay fan ownership by only 6 to 8 months.

I voted for the diversion of funds but would prefer not to have my intelligence continually insulted. At current subscription levels it delays fan ownership by two years. In Vlad's day a less polite word than "spin" would be used to describe such misinformation.

I see Brian Cormack is still spinning the line that diverting FoH subs for two years from repaying Ann to funding the stand will delay fan ownership by only 6 to 8 months.

I voted for the diversion of funds but would prefer not to have my intelligence continually insulted. At current subscription levels it delays fan ownership by two years. In Vlad's day a less polite word than "spin" would be used to describe such misinformation.

You strike me as a real pro FOH type

Best not compare the Vlad era with anything in living memory

You strike me as a real pro FOH type

Best not compare the Vlad era with anything in living memory

He stated that it MIGHT only delay things by 6-8 months if subscription remains high.

If that really is the case then perhaps the funds that the foundation were contributing to working capital are being largely used as the stand contributions.

Francis Albert

He stated that it MIGHT only delay things by 6-8 months if subscription remains high.

If that really is the case then perhaps the funds that the foundation were contributing to working capital are being largely used as the stand contributions.

If the agreement had not been changed FoH would have begun repaying Ann's loan six months ago, would already have paid over one quarter, and the agreement and share transfer would have ended about 18 months from now. As things now stand FoH won't begin paying off Ann's loan for another 18 months. The original agreement was not a "five year" agreement but an agreement running until Ann's loan was repaid. There was a back stop of 5 years basically to protect Ann if Subs fell off and the loan had not been repaid by then. The agreement was not a "five year plan". The only way there would now be a delay of only 6 to 8 months (compared to the original agreement)  is if FoH subs doubled or more sometime soon.

I have no problem with the revised agreement, just the pretence that the revised agreement is something it isn't.

I aso have a slight problem with Brian's comment about fans having to step up to the mark again for other additional funding in the future. I and many others will be happy to do so but I am not sure why we "need to".

Are the Romanov bum boys beeling?

Good.

Where were Romanov and his prize chumps for as we descended into administration? Captain Zal is included in the absence list.

Vlad and his team had some pretty decent ideas and ambitions for Hearts. Shame the man himself was an absolute nutter. If he'd left the people he employed alone to do their jobs we could have been on to something.

Vlad and his team had some pretty decent ideas and ambitions for Hearts. Shame the man himself was an absolute nutter. If he'd left the people he employed alone to do their jobs we could have been on to something.

He squandered a fortune, which if properly directed could have seen us well positioned to challenge regularly. Instead he spunked it but is heralded by elements of our support because he kept us at Tynecastle.

That's largely the justification offered for the circus that ensued

Francis Albert

He squandered a fortune, which if properly directed could have seen us well positioned to challenge regularly. Instead he spunked it but is heralded by elements of our support because he kept us at Tynecastle.

That's largely the justification offered for the circus that ensued

It was his fortune, or at least a fortune he controlled, so he could squander it as he chose.

On the whole I am glad he chose to squander it on Hearts.

It was his fortune, or at least a fortune he controlled, so he could squander it as he chose.

On the whole I am glad he chose to squander it on Hearts.

No a wasted opportunity?

Pretty sure we won several community related awards during vlads tenure so i won't be having a pop at him or his associates for not backing a museum.

Also remains to be seen whether ours will make money. I suspect not once everyone has been a handful of times. We aren't that big a draw outside our own fan base.

The museum is wonderful though and I can't wait to see it.

Archived