What's your salary?

Solid Snake

Not enough considering the position I hold and work I do :(

I love my job but seriously considering a change just for a higher salary now that my son is here. I am unsure if it's the right move or not.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Self employed so low! Still a fledgling business that needs money invested in it so 22k for a 60+ hour week!

Bit of a hit from my London days!

Not enough considering the position I hold and work I do :(

I love my job but seriously considering a change just for a higher salary now that my son is here. I am unsure if it's the right move or not.

What sort of work do you do? How many hours?

What sort of work do you do? How many hours?

I'm an 'Assistant Manager' in Job title doing a manager's role. Do about 40 hours a week, Structural Engineer.

27.5k. Work about 20 hours a week, long weekend once a month - and my job is to keep fit.

But the promotion prospects are making me want to leave. Now.

$96k. And I'm ripped off!

Given current exchange rates, it brings a tear to my eye to think about what I was earning in the US a couple of years ago.

Bridge of Djoum

Given current exchange rates, it brings a tear to my eye to think about what I was earning in the US a couple of years ago.

The money you can earn here really was a factor in me moving over, and the main reason I'll never move back to the UK.

The money you can earn here really was a factor in me moving over, and the main reason I'll never move back to the UK.

I took a significant pay cut to move back...and that cut is now even bigger, in sterling terms.

Personally find that, after a certain point, the more you earn, the more you spend on things you don't really need. Depends on where you are overall, of course.

feedtheroman2

27.5k. Work about 20 hours a week, long weekend once a month - and my job is to keep fit.

But the promotion prospects are making me want to leave. Now.

I'm curious...

Fire brigade?

Bridge of Djoum

I took a significant pay cut to move back...and that cut is now even bigger, in sterling terms.

Personally find that, after a certain point, the more you earn, the more you spend on things you don't really need. Depends on where you are overall, of course.

That is true, although, living in NY is an expensive existence. In general, the wages reflect this in the city.

I have a friend who is unionised doorman, starts on $23 an hour, with full benefits. Add to that the Xmas tips, which are un-taxed, it's a pretty lucrative career for one which requires no qualifications.

I was pretty shocked when I saw what sanitation workers, (binmen), earn. North of $80k. Just nuts.

That is true, although, living in NY is an expensive existence. In general, the wages reflect this in the city.

I have a friend who is unionised doorman, starts on $23 an hour, with full benefits. Add to that the Xmas tips, which are un-taxed, it's a pretty lucrative career for one which requires no qualifications.

I was pretty shocked when I saw what sanitation workers, (binmen), earn. North of $80k. Just nuts.

Yup. Personally I'd want a lot more to move to NY than $96k- but it's all relative!

Bridge of Djoum

Yup. Personally I'd want a lot more to move to NY than $96k- but it's all relative!

Ha! well, the wife doesn't let me out much. I can't spend a lot.

Bridge of Djoum

It's nobodies god damn business what I earn, thats between me and my employer.

Minimum wage type post, IMO.

:whistling:

I P Knightley

Is this a fishing exercise to bring Therapist out of the woodwork?

I've got considerably more money than yaow, though. 

It's nobodies god damn business what I earn, thats between me and my employer.

:lol:

I'm an anonymous person on a football forum so I don't care who knows!

Fxxx the SPFL

16 million a year.

TURKISH LIRA     :thumbsdown:

16 million a year.

TURKISH LIRA     :thumbsdown:

so that's about 4 million quid a year (you do know Turkey revalued the lira don't you?? :)

indianajones

Literally on buttons for the dangerous job I do.

I can't even think about it without seething.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Do you work in construction?  That and agriculture always seem to be top of all the charts when it comes to this.  Really unfair though as prostitution is the the most dangerous profession.  Far more prostitutes get killed yearly than anyone else.

indianajones

Do you work in construction? That and agriculture always seem to be top of all the charts when it comes to this. Really unfair though as prostitution is the the most dangerous profession. Far more prostitutes get killed yearly than anyone else.

Forestry.

Second most dangerous sector after oil and gas according to the health and safety executive.

At least they get danger money.

Archaeologist/grave robber?

Reading this thread depresses me. Especially when half you ***** earn a good bit more than me and still complain. :lol:

After tax, I'm on about ?14-15k a year. Overtime available which pushes it to maybe ?16 or ?17 if I'm lucky.

Just out of intrest, what are peoples jobs earning so much? :muggy:

Work in IT, have done since I was 16. Apprenticeships at that age are 100% the way forward!!

Generic Username

Lots. Which has locked me into a job I hate.

Snap.

I think a few folk in the office would shit their gizzards out if they knew what I was on.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Utterly depressing thread, complaining cause your earning "only" 27k :laugh:

I agree with Locky.

Around ?27k also but do the job of about 3 people so I really should be earning a lot more.

My actual role is a web designer/developer but I also account manage and pitch for work. Work for a small firm and don't have the rigmarole of travelling from Fife to Edinburgh (which is soul destroying) so there are some positives to the lower than average wage.

This threads a bit of a reality check. I'd probably be ruined and spiralling towards bankruptcy if I was earning ?30k, but that looks like higher than average on what's being quoted here.

As said, it's all relative. Over ?2kpm of our cash is gone on just mortgage and childcare!

Fitzroy Pointon

Reading this thread depresses me. Especially when half you ***** earn a good bit more than me and still complain. :lol:

After tax, I'm on about ?14-15k a year. Overtime available which pushes it to maybe ?16 or ?17 if I'm lucky.

If your generally happy then I don't see any issue with earning that.  You can still live a relatively comfortable lifestyle on that. I was earning that and only got up to 17k by the skin of my teeth and even then, it could go back down as quick as it went up (oo-er).  

I don't drive, I share a flat with my mate, haven't had a holiday since last year, but I would say I am happy.  I have mates who are never happy with what they earn.  How can you live like that? Big three bedroom flats, BMW's, the best of clobber but still not happy.  I respect people who work hard to earn a lot but FFS man, at least be happy about it.  

My last couple of years working in the UK, I earned about ?42-43K per year.

Moved to Australia and I earn not far off double that now. 

I get less holidays than before but I also work less hours. It still involves lots of shift work and emergency on call work.

I love my job but it could always be better.

Houses cost an absolute fortune over here but everything else is about the same price or cheaper. Car, petrol and car insurance are cheaper by miles over here. 

We probably get at least 250 days of warm weather and sunshine and nearly all of the dangerous snakes and spiders are on the opposite coast, a 5hr flight away.

Occasional shark attack, no Hearts and horrendous times of football games apart, it's pretty good.

I earn enough to live comfortably and able to save ?350 a month with a mortgage and two kids. Not really arsed with any more than that really. 

Sawdust Caesar

Just under 20K but due to wage cuts for the last 2 years I'm earning less than I was 5 years ago.

special agent oso

Just over ?19k a year for 4x10hr shifts in call centre, hate my job but beggars can't be chosers after 3 years unemployed

Archived