True Xmas

The Real Maroonblood

Carl Fredrickson

Already got a few presents in and will be going to Costco soon to buy a roll of their superduper wrapping paper. 

Christmas leave has been authorised at work and we are organising our Christmas night out. 

New Christmas top bought for Funbox with the kids on Christmas eve at the Brunton Theatre. 

I do like Christmas.....

I hated Christmas, then my son was born and I've loved it, watching him get more and more excited then just about explode when he saw his presents!!! He's Ten now, doesn't believe in Santa and it just isn't the same, love the big Christmas dinner, the home made trifle, the bevy mind.

zoltan socrates

Christmas essentials...

Shitey 80s christmas pop songs

Bond after the queen

Eating yer dinner at a weird time

Brussels, with bacon and chestnuts

Oor wullie and the broons

Braw

The White Cockade

Christmas is the best time of year

Pity that it flies past so quickly and its boring January before you know it

When the weather gets shitty in October/November cheers me up no end

doing my Christmas shopping list

Started today in fact!

Happy Days

You mean there isn't a Santa ?

No....there can't be......if there was Kimberley Walsh would have been delivered to me in kinky underwear and covered in Guinness by now.

collecting my new Christmas at Argos tomorrow getting excited already

Collecting my new Christmas tree at Argos tomorrow getting excited already

Christmas essentials...

Shitey 80s christmas pop songs

Bond after the queen

Eating yer dinner at a weird time

Brussels, with bacon and chestnuts

Oor wullie and the broons

Braw

And Quality Street

And Quality Street

And Ferrero Rochea and a Terrys Chocolate Orange and Baileys Irish Cream........

Pish.

Loved it as a youngster but then you see adults celebrating it without kids and it's a hit cringey. Went to the pub last year with my birds family and everyone was celebrating as if something great had happened.

Love seeing my wee girl show an interest in the presents for the first half hour on Christmas morning and I love having a couple of days off work, but other than that I can't be arsed really.

After all, it's a religious holiday and I'm not religious. Neither are most of the people I know who celebrate it. Let the kids have their fun then draw the line.

Pish.

Loved it as a youngster but then you see adults celebrating it without kids and it's a hit cringey. Went to the pub last year with my birds family and everyone was celebrating as if something great had happened.

Love seeing my wee girl show an interest in the presents for the first half hour on Christmas morning and I love having a couple of days off work, but other than that I can't be arsed really.

After all, it's a religious holiday and I'm not religious. Neither are most of the people I know who celebrate it. Let the kids have their fun then draw the line.

Agreed, pish.

12 weeks to Xmas and already there is a tv channel dedicated to Xmas.

Brilliant.

The wife and kids are in their element. That's every Sunday afternoon pencilled in from now until Xmas.

I love Christmas but I think it's taking the Michael just a wee bit.

Fitzroy Pointon

Don't even get me started on Halloween either. :lol:

Adults celebrating Halloween is embarrassing beyond words.  My flatmate actually took great delight in telling me he was back up the road for Halloween, as if I was supposed to be happy for that.  He also bought a costume.  Anyone who dresses up to go to the pub is an idiot.  Fair play to the clubs and pubs though, they must rake it in by sticking up some crap paper skeletons and playing Thriller and the Monster Mash all night.  

Anyway, this I'm digressing from the OP.  I like Christmas.  Unfortunately I don't see my kids on Christmas day so I don't get to share their excitement on Christmas eve, putting their stockings out and a biscuit and milk for Santa, carrot for Rudolph.  That always makes me sad but I get to have them all day on Boxing day which is also my wee man's birthday.  We usually have a party at my mums for them and I get to see them opening their presents all over again and we usually spend the next day in our jammies watching their new DVD's or playing with their new games.  

New Year but?  Absolute pish.  I would rather sleep through it.  

There must be........she is here now but it's Grolsch

I have a big plate of kebabs covered in Caffrey's.

Santa obviously got confused in his old age, I was wanting Hope Solo.

Stephane Grappelli

I love Christmas.

Halloween is fine for kids but I don't understand how it's now become acceptable for adults to get involved in it.

Cannae be @rsed with New year!

The Real Maroonblood

The wife and kids are in their element. That's every Sunday afternoon pencilled in from now until Xmas.

I love Christmas but I think it's taking the Michael just a wee bit.

Even the supermarkets have had Xmas stuff on sale for weeks.

The Real Maroonblood

Halloween is cringey. And also agree about new year. Hate it.

I pretty much hate everything :lol:

My wife can relate your last sentence to me.

William H. Bonney

My biggest gripe with Halloween is arseholes who dress up in a non scary outfit. I.e.superman or buzz lightyear.

I love Christmas.Halloween is fine for kids but I don't understand how it's now become acceptable for adults to get involved in it.Cannae be @rsed with New year!

Agreed!

New Year is the pits.

There must be........she is here now but it's Grolsch

See when you're finished with her...?

The Treasurer

Pish.

What's religion got to do with  Christmas ????   :smiliz19:

Halloween = tam white

Christmas = brilliant

New year = zzzzzz

Think since having kids Christmas is more fun, the fact the celebrations are going to be 3 days (24/25/26th) helps and that I've got all that off work is a treat.

Dobbies has the whole xmas stuff in already and it's magnificent.

It's way too early, but still looks braw

Ha ha, aye right, it is a pagan holiday adopted by religious nutters because it was popular.

The whole thing does, and always has, leaves me feeling kind of hollow, there is no particular point to it.

It is nice to see so many people happy, it would be even nicer to know there was a real reason for them to be so happy

luckyBatistuta

The town centre at the weekend has a friendly atmosphere for a change at Halloween. Everybody is just out to have a laugh and a good time, don't see the problem really.

Hate the fact that Xmas drags on for so long these days, but absolutely love xmas day. Love seeing the kids getting excited, the food and drink too. Better get my research started for my family Xmas quiz too.

New year is done for me, find it boring now.

Love Halloween as well. Going to my sister in laws for a piss up and yes we'll be dressed up. Couldn't give a flying one if it makes me an idiot.

:verysmug:

luckyBatistuta

Love Halloween as well. Going to my sister in laws for a piss up and yes we'll be dressed up. Couldn't give a flying one if it makes me an idiot.

:verysmug:

It's a laugh and a good time mate, people in this country are so hung up about what other people will think of them. Probably one of the reasons the atmosphere is so shoite at Tynie these days. You have a good time big fella :thumbsup:

It's a laugh and a good time mate, people in this country are so hung up about what other people will think of them. Probably one of the reasons the atmosphere is so shoite at Tynie these days. You have a good time big fella :thumbsup:

:spoton: and I will mate, cheers :D

New Years Day.....the most depressing day of the year.

The whole New Year thing has hugely lost its appeal over the last 20 years or so. And it's a shame imo.

I have many happy memories as a kid from the late 70s and into the 80s of brilliant festive periods with Christmas and New Year combined. True old school New Years.

New Year's Day for me consisted of visiting both Grandparents on each side with the whole family on respective sides coming from far and wide to be together. Whoever, would then leave at some point for the NYD game, then at night the party was always at my house where everyone would meet back up again after doing their various bits and bobs during the day.

Great times and NYD was only a sad day because it had been such a great two weeks and the holiday was over.

The Real Maroonblood

The whole New Year thing has hugely lost its appeal over the last 20 years or so. And it's a shame imo.

I have many happy memories as a kid from the late 70s and into the 80s of brilliant festive periods with Christmas and New Year combined. True old school New Years.

New Year's Day for me consisted of visiting both Grandparents on each side with the whole family on respective sides coming from far and wide to be together. Whoever, would then leave at some point for the NYD game, then at night the party was always at my house where everyone would meet back up again after doing their various bits and bobs during the day.

Great times and NYD was only a sad day because it had been such a great two weeks and the holiday was over.

I totally agree.

I can go back further and relate to most of the things you did.

The town centre at the weekend has a friendly atmosphere for a change at Halloween. Everybody is just out to have a laugh and a good time, don't see the problem really.

Hate the fact that Xmas drags on for so long these days, but absolutely love xmas day. Love seeing the kids getting excited, the food and drink too. Better get my research started for my family Xmas quiz too.

New year is done for me, find it boring now.

New Years Day.....the most depressing day of the year.

Great posts :thumb:

North Berwick Jambo

It really is a special time of year for me & it always has been since I was a kid & I am already counting down the days! I am delighted to be coming back to Scotland to spend Christmas with my daughters & my granddaughter then it's up north to spend new year in Cairngorms with my brothers family, Although as someone who absolutely hates being cold & after living here in Ibiza for the past seven months I am not looking forward the temperatures especially north of the wall in Newtonmore with all the wildlings & whitewalkers!! From highs of 37c to -15c lol.

:yas:

Who won it last year, can't remember?

I was doing great last year but couldn't get on on Xmas eve because I was busy with the family so ultimately lost. I was gutted :sob:

As for New Year, I can't really be arsed with it and tend to head to bed shortly after the bells. Last year was good though, went up to the sister in laws for a party which was brilliant. I think what made it so good was that it wasn't planned, we got a phone call from her about 5 o'clock on New Year's Eve telling us she was throwing a last minute party. Probably the first time I've went over the door on Hogmany in about 10 years.

Archived