Ours Is a Unique History....

bigbryanthejambo

bigbryanthejambo

...aye cheers Vlad. Not many other teams can boast a unique history of once being a proud, self sufficient, football club with all it's integrity in tact, to becoming a madhouse run by Lithuanian madmen in suits.

Thanks for providing us with the next chapter in our "unique history" Vlad. We simply can't wait for the next one. :?

Does he actually think we are thick as Hibs fans?

What a mod edit.

Hearts Heritage
...aye cheers Vlad. Not many other teams can boast a unique history of once being a proud, self sufficient, football club with all it's integrity in tact, to becoming a madhouse run by Lithuanian madmen in suits.

Thanks for providing us with the next chapter in our "unique history" Vlad. We simply can't wait for the next one. :?

What a mod edit.

So unique we've almost gone out of Business at least 3 other times in our history.

Plus ca change.

PresidentRomanov

Looks like another one's forgotten why Mr Romanov had to save us :rolleyes:

maroonlegions

What a mod edit.

it will all come good in the end vlad knows HMFC have a massive potential and fan base , if the new stand is built then who knows what we can achieve:)

Looks like another one's forgotten why Mr Romanov had to save us :rolleyes:

Pray tell.................how did the one case of affairs come to the other case of affairs:p

bigbryanthejambo

I love how the words "Vlad saved us" are still being used by some fans.

If you were on a flight anywhere in the world and the co-pilot of the plane saved the plane and all it's passengers from certain death, then continued to drive the plane steadily for a few hours, and then....started flying highly erratic, with no care and consideration for the passengers or any of the staff. Would you turn a blind eye and say: "That co-pilot is actually allright, a good guy, one to be believed, he saved us once"....... I think not.

Would have rather the club sunk to a death 5 years ago and we re-built it, than the position we now find ourselves in under Vlad and his freak show.

What a mod edit.

:sobored:

If you were on a flight anywhere in the world and the co-pilot of the plane saved the plane and all it's passengers from certain death, then continued to drive the plane steadily for a few hours, and then....started flying highly erratic, with no care and consideration for the passengers or any of the staff. Would you turn a blind eye and say: "That co-pilot is actually allright, a good guy, one to be believed, he saved us once"....... I think not..

What was the pilot doing while all this was going on? :eek:

PresidentRomanov
Pray tell.................how did the one case of affairs come to the other case of affairs:p

Are you asking me, how did the war start :P

Are you asking me, how did the war start :P

Well it is a kind of a war, I heard a hungry ostrich got shot by Archie Duke and then Vlad came in and saved the show...........................or something.:confused:

Hearts Heritage
Well it is a kind of a war, I heard a hungry ostrich got shot by Archie Duke and then Vlad came in and saved the show...........................or something.:confused:

respect :)

made me look it up

Private Baldrick: No, the thing is: The way I see it, these days there's a war on, right? and, ages ago, there wasn't a war on, right? So, there must have been a moment when there not being a war on went away, right? and there being a war on came along. So, what I want to know is: How did we get from the one case of affairs to the other case of affairs?

Captain Blackadder: Do you mean "How did the war start?"

Lieutenant George: The war started because of the vile Hun and his villainous empire- building.

Captain Blackadder: George, the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganiki. I hardly think that we can be entirely absolved of blame on the imperialistic front.

Lieutenant George: Oh, no, sir, absolutely not.

[aside, to Baldrick]

Lieutenant George: Mad as a bicycle!

Private Baldrick: I heard that it started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry.

Captain Blackadder: I think you mean it started when the Archduke of Austro-Hungary got shot.

Private Baldrick: Nah, there was definitely an ostrich involved, sir.

Captain Blackadder: Well, possibly. But the real reason for the whole thing was that it was too much effort not to have a war.

Lieutenant George: By Gum, this is interesting. I always loved history. The Battle of Hastings, Henry VIII and his six knives, all that.

Captain Blackadder: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war in Europe, two superblocs developed: us, the French and the Russians on one side, and the Germans and Austro-Hungary on the other. The idea was to have two vast opposing armies, each acting as the other's deterrent. That way there could never be a war.

Private Baldrick: But, this is a sort of a war, isn't it, sir?

Captain Blackadder: Yes, that's right. You see, there was a tiny flaw in the plan.

Private Baldrick: What was that, sir?

Captain Blackadder: It was bollocks.

Private Baldrick: So the poor old ostrich died for nothing then.

Guest JamboRobbo

If you were on a flight anywhere in the world and the co-pilot of the plane saved the plane and all it's passengers from certain death, then continued to drive the plane steadily for a few hours, and then....started flying highly erratic, with no care and consideration for the passengers or any of the staff. Would you turn a blind eye and say: "That co-pilot is actually allright, a good guy, one to be believed, he saved us once"....... I think not.

A very good point, and one I expect you'll get very few coherent replies to (other than stick for saying it how it is of course)

it will all come good in the end vlad knows HMFC have a massive potential and fan base , if the new stand is built then who knows what we can achieve:)

Massive potential and fan base. Remind us all how much more capacity the new stand will give us and how this will increase revenue enough to get really good players in.

Massive potential and fan base. Remind us all how much more capacity the new stand will give us and how this will increase revenue enough to get really good players in.

Look you,stop it,stop it right now.

Jeeso,Mr thicky,if he builds a new stand people will come and pay to sit in said stand,FFS how hard can it be to understand.

Would have rather the club sunk to a death 5 years ago and we re-built it, than the position we now find ourselves in under Vlad and his freak show.

Bah Humbug

He didnt even save us

He saved Tynecastle

Any notion of saving the football club is complete conjecture. In fact in the scheme of the debates we have had over the past 3 years on here about things needing to be factually proven before you can hang a stateable opinion on them the "saved us" argument is the weakest

It is complete conjecture what might have happened had he not come along

other than Tynecastle could have been sold

If you believe the economics students on here its actually staying at Tynecastle which is causing all the problems with Vlads genius economic strategy.

Anyway, factually, Vlad saved us from Murrayfield. Nothing more nothing else.

Nucky Thompson

He saved Tynecastle

Anyway, factually, Vlad saved us from Murrayfield. Nothing more nothing else.

Is that all:rolleyes:

Is that all:rolleyes:

Yes, absolutely.

And if you had asked me 4 years ago before I realised he was the cretin he is I would have told you the same.

He was never the saviour of Hearts in my eyes, although I was once grateful of the potential offered by the additional overdraft facility his involvement allowed.

He did save Tynecastle. Initially this appeared to be a good thing.

I've always thought the stay at Tynecastle at all costs argument, however, is over sentimentalised romanticism which ignores the reality of modern life and financing.

Much bigger teams with more history at their grounds than Hearts have moved on from their "spiritual" homes

I'm even sure there were people who were hacked off when we moved from the Meadows

So in short, yes that is all, and I have been consistent on that ergo it is not agenda driven, which is what I assume you are alluding to.

Ron Burgundy

Jumpers for goalposts at the Meadows.

What a crock of sheeeite.

scott herbertson

I wouldn't want to throw the co-pilot out of the cockpit. remember there are no other pilots on board and there is no flight control on the ground to guide us down!

marshallschunkychicken
I wouldn't want to throw the co-pilot out of the cockpit. remember there are no other pilots on board and there is no flight control on the ground to guide us down!

And THAT, is the bottom line....

Nucky Thompson
[/u]

Jumpers for goalposts at the Meadows.

What a crock of sheeeite.

Yeah mate, didn't you know it would just be a case of packing in and starting again under the name Hearts United:) It would only take 4 years and we would be back at the top splitting the OF and fecking the Hubz 4-0 in major cup semis:cool: We would all be happy again because we got rid of big, bad Vlad :rolleyes: well at least for 2 seasons till our new owner hacked us off.

And THAT, is the bottom line....

the pilot is on a suicide mission though, and he actually doesnt even know how to control the plane anyway

much better to ditch him in some attempt that unknown to us there is actually a passenger somewhere that has a clue....

scott herbertson
the pilot is on a suicide mission though, and he actually doesnt even know how to control the plane anyway

much better to ditch him in some attempt that unknown to us there is actually a passenger somewhere that has a clue....

Oooh - you like your plots risky eh?

What's the chances that on the Air Tynecastle Lithhansa 20.08 hours flight to Oblivion there is someone sitting in aisle 30, seat B with ?40million in their suitcase and a desire to fling about half of it away for a chance of managing- oops sorry, owning without interfering in - a football club with an outside chance of a UEFA place?

Did you know that you can stretch a metaphor too far?

Did you know that you can stretch a metaphor too far?

yup - exaggerating what was already ridiculous to help highlight its ridiculousness

but to answer Scott - its well established now there was another non-plumbing interested party on the scene.

"the only show in town" line is also not true. Vlads attitude to that is one thing, its use as an argument on JKB is another

Colonel Kurtz

Hearts do have a unique history,which is very dear to me.

A Southside club ,Mccraes Battallion etc,blood not showing on a maroon jersey,Tommy Walker,Dave mackay,John Cumming,Donald Ford,Stephan Adam,Steven Pressley

That Russian Imbecile is responsible for nothing more than a small chapter and will only tarnish slightly our unique history.

scott herbertson
yup - exaggerating what was already ridiculous to help highlight its ridiculousness

but to answer Scott - its well established now there was another non-plumbing interested party on the scene.

"the only show in town" line is also not true. Vlads attitude to that is one thing, its use as an argument on JKB is another

Aren't they the same counter argument - ie that there is another show in town, and that it is well established.

In answer, it isn't well established with me. I have heard only runours. "Well established" implies soime sort of evidence other than hearsay and rumour.

As far as I am concerned there is still only one show in town. The history of Hearts soince the 1970's has shown that there are very few people willing to invest in as risky a business as Hearts. A high risk business tnds to attract investors with their own agendas.

There has been talk and phoney bids from many others nover the last 40 years, including Hibs fans and fly-by-nights, but no 'Well established" realistic bidders.You could argue that since the 1970's only two people with Hearts interests in mind have invested in any significant way in the club

- Deans and Robinson.

That doesn't include VR himself of course, who actually put his money in, after a long period when Hearts could have been bought for ?3 or ?4 million but no one came forward.

Now that the price is way above this, I doubt very much there is anyone out there who would be seriously interested in buying VR out for any purpose beneficial to Hearts

Aren't they the same counter argument - ie that there is another show in town, and that it is well established.

In answer, it isn't well established with me. I have heard only runours. "Well established" implies soime sort of evidence other than hearsay and rumour.

As far as I am concerned there is still only one show in town. The history of Hearts soince the 1970's has shown that there are very few people willing to invest in as risky a business as Hearts. A high risk business tnds to attract investors with their own agendas.

There has been talk and phoney bids from many others nover the last 40 years, including Hibs fans and fly-by-nights, but no 'Well established" realistic bidders.You could argue that since the 1970's only two people with Hearts interests in mind have invested in any significant way in the club

- Deans and Robinson.

That doesn't include VR himself of course, who actually put his money in, after a long period when Hearts could have been bought for ?3 or ?4 million but no one came forward.

Now that the price is way above this, I doubt very much there is anyone out there who would be seriously interested in buying VR out for any purpose beneficial to Hearts

What leads you to think that the price would be way above ?3-4m?

scott herbertson
What leads you to think that the price would be way above ?3-4m?

The way VR does business.

Do you think he would sell for less than he has put in?

If you look at the investment just in wages of the backroom people from eastern Europe and the wages/ contract values of guys like Pinilla and Kingston, the stadium designs etc etc I cannot believe he would walk away for less than ?10million (and whoever invested would have a tasty ?30 million debt to deal with too)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Heart of Midlothian in remake of Airplane film. Brilliant! :)

Who wants to play Ted Stryker?!

The way VR does business.

Do you think he would sell for less than he has put in?

If you look at the investment just in wages of the backroom people from eastern Europe and the wages/ contract values of guys like Pinilla and Kingston, the stadium designs etc etc I cannot believe he would walk away for less than ?10million (and whoever invested would have a tasty ?30 million debt to deal with too)

Your earlier point about the ?3m-?4m is something that the 'Vlad GTF' brigade simply refuse to address, the fact that NOBODY else came in while Hearts were in the bargain basement.

However I do wonder if a deal couldn't be struck where he gets his FULL investment returned but UKIO still back the debt, at current rates, allowing us to continue to operate !...........or is that just naive

scott herbertson
Your earlier point about the ?3m-?4m is something that the 'Vlad GTF' brigade simply refuse to address, the fact that NOBODY else came in while Hearts were in the bargain basement.

However I do wonder if a deal couldn't be struck where he gets his FULL investment returned but UKIO still back the debt, at current rates, allowing us to continue to operate !...........or is that just naive

I think you have to givesome thought to his psychological reasons for investing to work out how the circumstances in which he might leave

i have always thought that people seem to minimise how much VR loves football. It is a big big hobby for him.

So the main chance it seems to me of him moving on is if he finds a new way to indulge in his hobby - ie a bigger/ better club.

Not sure that is likely to happen unless it is in Bulgaria, Austria etc where he seems to have some contacts.

The other way is if he needs the money and is a little bored with Hearts. Then what you suggest, or a variant would seem possible.

One problem with that is that VR is likely to play hardball. The fans negotiating with him will be a little like a naive tourist in the Moroccan street markets.

Also if a bank in which he has an interest still control the club via the debt i would have concerns about how that control might be exercised in future....

I do feel he is a footie man at Heart, which makes it so hard to understand why he's treated this vehicle ( Hmfc ) the way he has of late ?

scott herbertson
I do feel he is a footie man at Heart, which makes it so hard to understand why he's treated this vehicle ( Hmfc ) the way he has of late ?

I suspect a combination of withdrawal because of the failure of his methods (the pyramid/ DOF structures) and mor eimportantly if the stadium is going ahead then the turnover will not justify the financial input he was putting in before, so he's cashing in and will rebuild once the stadium is complete

(I hope)

Genghis Khan
Heart of Midlothian in remake of Airplane film. Brilliant! :)

Who wants to play Ted Stryker?!

Not Nade or Clum, for sure! :)

Genghis Khan

I'm even sure there were people who were hacked off when we moved from the Meadows

Prove it! :P

Archived