Zidan signs!

Fraggle Rock

Zidan Akers

ZIDAN AKERS

Winger

Current club: none

Previous club: Reading FC & Wallingford FC

Skillful and tall tricky winger, Zidan spent the end of last season at Oxford United. Previously in the academy at Reading FC and has also represented his county sides he has the ability to take on any defender and win a game with a bit of individual brilliance.

Previously had trials with Chelsea FC

Interesting, might be a not bad prospect.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Quick look down his Twitter was reasonably scary. Had his problems and is now a pal for Juwon reading between the lines.

Was also tweeted by the Madjeski academy 2 days ago.

Registered on Saturday of an Old Firm game for shits and giggles?

:pleasing:

Quick look down his Twitter was reasonably scary. Had his problems and is now a pal for Juwon reading between the lines.

Was also tweeted by the Madjeski academy 2 days ago.

Registered on Saturday of an Old Firm game for shits and giggles?

:pleasing:

Is a "pal of Juwon" a bit like a "friend of Dorothy's"?

I think maybe one for the future I say good luck football is a tough business everybody deserves a second chance.

...a bit disco

Is a "pal of Juwon" a bit like a "friend of Dorothy's"?

:lol:

It was only recently a friend explained this one to me!

Another giant, wonder where that leaves Zannata and Muirhead?

Are you shitting me? Muirhead and Zanatta midgets, aye? I mean quite apart from the fact that both were signed by our current management team... So making them out to be wee slight and short victims of a policy of only signing giants is totally ludicrous anyway.

:cornette:

:lol:

It was only recently a friend explained this one to me!

I was on a cruise a few years ago where the daily itinerary had the "Friends of Dorothy" meeting in one of the ship's bars at 6pm, followed by the "Friends of Bill" at 7pm. That took a bit of working out on my part!

jamboinglasgow

On a slight tangent, I like the display behind him in the first photo, which has a picture of Tynecastle with players who have successfully played for the first team from the academy arranged in postions:

GK

RB CB LB

RW CM LW

ST

I see they have Craig Gordon and Jamie McDonald for the goalkeeper position. And then it goes on, able to be added for players to come through and give them something to aspire to be on that wall.

Are you shitting me? Muirhead and Zanatta midgets, aye? I mean quite apart from the fact that both were signed by our current management team... So making them out to be wee slight and short victims of a policy of only signing giants is totally ludicrous anyway.

:cornette:

I meant in terms of first team football, Zannata in particular.

I was on a cruise a few years ago where the daily itinerary had the "Friends of Dorothy" meeting in one of the ship's bars at 6pm, followed by the "Friends of Bill" at 7pm. That took a bit of working out on my part!

what meeting did you prefer better?   ;-}

He retweeded Ozturks goal vs Hibs, that probably deserves at least a bench appearance vs Hamilton. FTH.

This. Start him!

On a slight tangent, I like the display behind him in the first photo, which has a picture of Tynecastle with players who have successfully played for the first team from the academy arranged in postions:

GK

RB CB LB

RW CM LW

ST

I see they have Craig Gordon and Jamie McDonald for the goalkeeper position. And then it goes on, able to be added for players to come through and give them something to aspire to be on that wall.

Has anyone seen this display and can name on the players on it? Would be interesting to know who they all are and where they are now

I meant in terms of first team football, Zannata in particular.

Yeah, fair enough. I just don't think either player will feel particularly put out by the lad's size, and both were brought in by the current management anyway. It's more the accusation about Levein choosing players for their size rather than ability that gets on my nerves. It's total hogwash and it's about time it was put to bed.

Yeah, fair enough. I just don't think either player will feel particularly put out by the lad's size, and both were brought in by the current management anyway. It's more the accusation about Levein choosing players for their size rather than ability that gets on my nerves. It's total hogwash and it's about time it was put to bed.

You may think it's "hogwash" however it's true so you'll just have to live with it!

Has anyone seen this display and can name on the players on it? Would be interesting to know who they all are and where they are now

Looks interesting. 

And on a lighter note, how we managed to fill 4 positions for strikers ....

You may think it's "hogwash" however it's true so you'll just have to live with it!

Didn't Levein say the re-signing of Sam Nicholson was the best bit of business Hearts did in terms of recruitment?

No doubt Levein like a big striker but as for wingers and midfielders I genuinely think its about ability.

See even if we did have a policy of looking for tall players can someone tell me the disadvantage to it?

See even if we did have a policy of looking for tall players can someone tell me the disadvantage to it?

Low doorways?

scott herbertson

Higher canteen bills

Archived