Van Hire help

Lancashire_Lou

Lancashire_Lou

I'm needing to move my stuff up at the end of September and it's probably going to be my best option to have a friend hire a van from Edinburgh; come and pick me up with my stuff then go back up together before returning the van.

Can anyone recommend any cheap/not dodgy van hire places? It's proving a very expensive do.

The Van man on Slateford Road worked out cheapest for me but that was moving within Edinburgh, I don't know if the distance would make another company a better move.

I've hired a van a couple of times recently. I didn't hunk there was much difference in the main company's and folk like the van man. Especially if you take into account reliability/quality of vehicles etc.

I found condor and Hertz at the airport to be decent. If possible try and do the hire on a weekday and use the opening times of the depot to get as long as possible without incurring extra days charge.

Lancashire_Lou

Have sorted it. Just paying someone to do it from Preston; he's gonna take his missus up with him and make a weekend of it.

One less thing to worry about/organise now!

scott herbertson

Depending on how much stuff you are moving there is an option to get quotes from companies such as Shiply and Uship who can move it as a part load

I use these services regularly to move large quantities of books from auctions.

You need to be able to provide pictures/ dimensions of your stuff - eg 10 cardboard boxes of clothes/ bedding

I used a good company through Uship last month

http://www.uship.com/uk/profile/martinimovers/

You basically register on the site, then list your requirements and there is a kind of Dutch auction where companies bid to move your stuff

Archived