What a difference

RS86

After a slow start to the season the mood on here wasn't the best tbh and there was plenty negativity and pessimism.

Now that the lads have settled into their stride, we have a couple of wins under our belt and we're starting to play better football again it's refreshing to read through plenty of positive threads.

Could be a good season IMO, said I thought the goals would come. The feel good factor is back!! :pleasing: HHGH

Think Robbie has learned to stop tinkering as much last few games have more or less been the same system and team

Looking good for me think 2 nd is a more than capable target

Seymour M Hersh

I'm not sure a ver close defeat to the champions that could have gone either way and a hard fought draw at Aberdeen last years' runners up should be classed as a slow start.

Yeah but we were so close to a 1-1 draw for a game we should've won much easier

I agree though the feel good factor is back and we should sell out Hamilton no problem. I doubt it, but if the OF draw and we score a few against Hamilton we're top of the league (I think!).

I'm not sure a ver close defeat to the champions that could have gone either way and a hard fought draw at Aberdeen last years' runners up should be classed as a slow start.

No but along with the european results/performances and the result in Perth there were plenty of people concerned. I was referring the the whole season and not just the league campaign.

Yeah but we were so close to a 1-1 draw for a game we should've won much easier

I agree though the feel good factor is back and we should sell out Hamilton no problem. I doubt it, but if the OF draw and we score a few against Hamilton we're top of the league (I think!).

Celtic will murder Rangers, which is better for us because Celtic are too strong this season, we've no chance of finishing near them but second is possible.

Captain Bubblebeard

I was delighted with the late goal yesterday but it was a generally very average performance with only fleeting periods of quality. We bossed the first 20 or so minutes but our tempo really dropped after the opener and the first ten minutes after half time especially, and for much of the second half, we poked and prodded the ball about with very little purpose. Hopefully we will build on this result again in the next game but we really need to work on taking the game by the scruff of the neck and finishing teams off, even when away from home. We've got a great run of games now where we've got a chance to build our season - I'm hoping we are a bit motte aggressive after scoring the first in future away games - we are not very good at sitting on a lead - Neilson should surely realise that by now - and I'm sure most of us that were there yesterday would prefer to see us go for the jugular in games like that - we definitely have the players to do it now.

No but along with the european results/performances and the result in Perth there were plenty of people concerned. I was referring the the whole season and not just the league campaign.

This. I think Robbie got a fright and the change in our approach had to change. It's all looking fantastic now. Celtic and Aberdeen games out the way and the first quarter now looks very promising. The result yesterday shows a real turn around from last seasons approach and let's hope we continue to attack and entertain. Really optimistic about this season and I can't wait to get into the orcs at Tynie in october

Our new stronger attacking force is certainly helping. Watt and Sammon make such a difference up front, especially when compared to Juanma/Dauda.

Europe came at a bad time when we still needed another striker and Sammon had only just arrived.

Our new stronger attacking force is certainly helping. Watt and Sammon make such a difference up front, especially when compared to Juanma/Dauda.

Europe came at a bad time when we still needed another striker and Sammon had only just arrived.

:spoton: took a little time for them to adjust and click but I think they will be an effective partnership this year and Bjorn looks more than ready to push both too.

The midfield have really stepped up as well, Cowie didn't win many over last season but so far this season he has been one of our top performers IMO

alicante jambo

Celtic will murder Rangers, which is better for us because Celtic are too strong this season, we've no chance of finishing near them but second is possible.

This is exactly where i am.Celtic have far too much spending power and the thumb is banging them in for fun.2nd is where we will end up.i think.Aberdeen peaked last season and sevco i am not concerned about at all.

Back to 2005

Celtic should win but you never know with the old firm. Other random factors like the referee can influence things.

Also when rangers are playing poor the Neanderthals that follow them really get on their backs. Which if we continue to play to our strengths we could/should be a good shout for runners up by end of the season.

Also when rangers are playing poor the Neanderthals that follow them really get on their backs. Which if we continue to play to our strengths we could/should be a good shout for runners up by end of the season.

I'm really looking forward to Warburton crumbling under Hun pressure this season.

He doesn't have it at this level and if he can't deal with Stubbs' mind games he'll fall arse over tit this season.

Arthur Morgan

This is exactly where i am.Celtic have far too much spending power and the thumb is banging them in for fun.2nd is where we will end up.i think.Aberdeen peaked last season and sevco i am not concerned about at all.

Same here.

Archived