Can you imagine supporting any other club?

Craigieboy

I'm stubborn I guess. I found it hard to be interested in a league system that done it's best to parachute the countries newest club into the top league. I found it abhorrent enough that they even had a place in the 4th tier when those that fell before then weren't given such a chance. Add onto that the other member clubs failing to go any distance at all in trying to reshape the dire structure. The league size, the split. Deary me the split!

It's plain to see why there's no money in the Scottish game when I can't even invest time or interest in it. I even gave away my ticket for the 2012 Scottish cup final and I've never had an ounce of regret about it.

The game in Scotland is pretty much dead to me, it's not really about Hearts. They're victim of it because I can't stand the product that they're part of.

Going by this post you have never been a hearts supporter.

Imo of course.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it wasn't Hearts it'd be Celtic.

Couldn't you just have admitted something less revolting, like being a sex offender?

Probably someone like St Johnstone for me.

When Mercer, tried to do away with Hibs, to make an Edinburgh team ??? I said then I would support Meadowbank (Ithink, they were still that then ?) rather than a a basterdarisation of a Hearts team. S'pose the equivalent would be Edinburgh City these days.

Forgive me if im mistaken but you also said if Rangers beat hibs in the cup final you would stop supporting hearts.

What the actual fek

If Hearts had never existed the majority, especially the Edinburgh based supporters, would be Hibs fans.

Boak.

But you're probably right.

Boak.

Watching the supreme sacrifice on BBC one just now.

No, no I definitely couldn't. Insanely proud to call myself a Hearts fan.

Going by this post you have never been a hearts supporter.

Imo of course.

You have a far too simplistic view of life. It's actually very liberating being able to watch a game with no care who wins, you actually see the match.

I follow another side these days but they won't ever replace Hearts.

Doctor FinnBarr

did you workup at the state pen ? Gus Walker Jock Whitelaw Andy Newlands were all West End Jambos

Didn't work at the Pen, my mate went out with one of Andy Newlands sisters, now that was a family of nutcases

If i didn't support hearts i would support rangers besides in my experience if you ask rangers fan's who they would support it would be hearts. I personally have always have had a soft spot for rangers although them getting liqidated made me hate them but since then given the choice I would support rangers.

SwindonJambo

Spot Spot : Hamilton Accies, Swindon Town (lived in both).

Passion : Heart of Midlothian

Utterly Despise : Septic & Dangers (equally)

Dislike, Pity & Laugh at : Hibernian

Hearts and Hearts only.

However, if the worst ever came to it, I'd be one of these fuds who supports a team they've never seen play and will never see play, I'd go for St Pauli.

Pants Shaton

Celtic and Rangers - no mark, generic, 'big club', sectarian filled bile with only glory hunting, small man syndromed arseholes as their supporters. 0/10.

Aberdeen - purple patch 80's, chino wearing, Man U supporting ****'s. 1/10 for sheer glory hunting ****ery.

Dundee - living in the past, playing second fiddle to their bigger neighbours. Dens Pk is a ****ing crumbling, derelict shithole and I'm amazed it even gets a safety certificate. Ugly ****'s anaw. 2/10.

Motherwell - They'd get a bye from criticism other than the fact that they're a complete non entity. Decent wee place to go for a game but imagine rocking up each week with 1.5k fellow ST holders in place. Depressing in every way. 2/10.

Kilmarnock - They have more hotel guests than fans. Priding themselves on pies and corporate facilities. The sort of stadium that gives people deep vein thrombosis. Shite. 3/10.

Inverness - fair play but they have around 863 fans. Should never be in the top flight. Embarrassing. 4/10.

St Johnstone - decent wee club but they beat Dundee Utd in a cup final so they can **** off. 6/10.

Partick Th - great wee club. Nothing but admiration for their supporters who have a choice. Pretty much free from critique. 9/10.

Ross Co - Another embarrassment. About 456 ST holders. Beat Hibs in a cup final but let's be honest, it's no hard. Good away trip but still - 4/10.

Hamilton - makes me wonder why I even bother with Scottish football. Pigeon shite running down the back of your neck. The least atmospheric ground in Scotland. Pish. Points for relegating Hibernian though. 5/10.

Heart of Midlothian - Completely unique in Scottish football. The grandest name in world football. The royal, regal colour of maroon sets them apart and distinguishes them from every top flight club. The club's home, hemmed in and uniquely placed in working class Gorgie. The history that is glorified with names like Walker, Bauld, McKay, Robertson, Skacel, to name only a few. The supporters, loyal in every way, leaving behind in their recent history the remarkable story of saving their club on an individual and collective basis. And not forgetting the undeniable dominance in local derbies over their entire history, culminating in destroying the risible shite in a never to be repeated Scottish cup final.

Call me bias ;).

But, I can't imagine supporting any other club.

<3

Good to see Craigieboy has wrestled control of his JKB login back from the miserable imposter who's been pretending to be him recently.

These sort of discussions are pointless.

If you'd have been born and raised in a different part of the country, or didn't have certain family influences, or even just went to another game as a youngster, there is a very high chance that you would not be a Hearts supporter right now.  Just because we all wear a pair of maroon tinted glasses all the time, and think that Hearts are the best thing since sliced bread (which of course, is true), doesn't mean that fans of other teams think even remotely the same thing.

The people that are saying "No, Never!" - how can you say that?  If some minor circumstances were different years ago, you might not even have heard of Hearts before.

I support Hearts because I asked my Uncle to take me to a game when I was young.  Had I asked my Grandad instead, there's a good chance I would be a Motherwell supporter.

So yes, I can imagine supporting another club, but I'm glad I don't.

These sort of discussions are pointless.

If you'd have been born and raised in a different part of the country, or didn't have certain family influences, or even just went to another game as a youngster, there is a very high chance that you would not be a Hearts supporter right now.  Just because we all wear a pair of maroon tinted glasses all the time, and think that Hearts are the best thing since sliced bread (which of course, is true), doesn't mean that fans of other teams think even remotely the same thing.

The people that are saying "No, Never!" - how can you say that?  If some minor circumstances were different years ago, you might not even have heard of Hearts before.

I support Hearts because I asked my Uncle to take me to a game when I was young.  Had I asked my Grandad instead, there's a good chance I would be a Motherwell supporter.

So yes, I can imagine supporting another club, but I'm glad I don't.

A point well made.

Son Of Anarchy

Dodac, now theres a blast from the past. He used to travel on the Bathgate bus with his brother Walter and their old man, that was when they stayed in Armadale.

Last time I seen him was at a party in his room after the game in Munich, think his minibar got tanned which cost him and his room mate a fortune in the morning. The room mate was the guy that went missing at some German service station on the bus trip home, Glasgow Hearts.

That was my old mucka "Taity". We went home and away for years.Been trying to get back in touch for a long time but no joy :(

Dalstonjambo

Bishops Stortford. They play in the English 6th tier.

My Dad played for them, 3rd in the all time list of appearances for them.

Mind you long way to go on a Saturday mind......

I've played against them!

I'm London based nowadays myself after growing up in essex but my old man makes it to Tynecastle from not far from there most weeks.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Even though no one would admit it, it's true.

Hibs only really exist because hearts played them, against sfa rules, and backed their sfa membership.

Without hearts there's a good chance there would be no hibs. In which case the options might be St bernards or leith athletic.

alluding to the other thread about joining the english leagues, if that ever happened I would probably support Dunfermline. 

doctor jambo

Killie,

I would feel obliged as they are my local top flight team and I would need to keep my boys away from the Rangers

Would probably just nip over and watch Albion Rovers.

Maybe an emotional attachment would grow over the years, but it would be,at the start, just something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Archived