Prague

Alan_R

Any tips?

Bars/sights not to be missed etc?

Group of us, so any suggestions on activities also welcome if anyone done quad biking etc over there

Do the Sandemans walking tour.

It's free and I thought it was absolutely brilliant, especially if you get the girl with the puppet of King Charles.

Place called The Pub, can pour your own Pulsber Urquell and it's basically a drinking competition against other places in Europe you can follow in the interactive screen. Dirt cheap as well.

Caffreys at the Old Town Square not bad for stag dos, large groups etc. but a bit pricey.

Nebe a half decent cocktail bar for later on.

Went to loads of places but as I was on a stag do I can't comment on/ remember many of them.

This thread reminded me of the amazing time I had in Prague, so I'm gonna book up to go back with the bird.

:jjyay:

Golden Tiger - very Czech type pub.  Dont think they sell any other drink other than beer, which is cheap and put infront of you almost as soon as you sit down, if you can find a seat....there is usually a queue at opening time (3pm)

Notorious BIG

The beer factory, Sit on your arse for the day pulling your own pints at the table, ordering other drinks and nice scran to the table from a touchscreen pad, the big screen lets you see how much you've drunk as a table compared to others, can pick songs for the jukebox from the touchscreen at the table too, Great place, we spent almost a whole day in there drinking beer, cider and cocktails eating chicken wings, nachos and burgers and only came to 25 quid each

Cant recommend it high enough

The beer factory, Sit on your arse for the day pulling your own pints at the table, ordering other drinks and nice scran to the table from a touchscreen pad, the big screen lets you see how much you've drunk as a table compared to others, can pick songs for the jukebox from the touchscreen at the table too, Great place, we spent almost a whole day in there drinking beer, cider and cocktails eating chicken wings, nachos and burgers and only came to 25 quid each

Cant recommend it high enough

Sounds amazing!

Where is it? whats it specifically called?

Coyotes - women are spectacular and they dance on the bar for you :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds amazing!

Where is it? whats it specifically called?

It's a chain of pubs, just called The Pub.

Can't remember the locale of all of them but there's one near the Jewish Quarter.

Went to the Berlin one. Very nice.

Amazing burgers.

Only downside to our trip was one of our mates couldn't work the water jets for cleaning the glasses and would regularly spray us with water.

Can't remember the locale of all of them but there's one near the Jewish Quarter.

They have a league table on big screen on which table has drank the most pints. Tremendous place!

Most central of them is no longer than 10 min walk from old town square

That's the one I was talking about. Great value.

I'm off to Prague next month so this thread has been really handy. One question though. Our hotel asks for a deposit of just over 5 Euros. Does anybody know if this is per person/ per day or a one-off at the start? Easyjet literature isn't the clearest.

ACCOMMODATION

Check-in hour 14:00 ? 00:00. Deposit on arrival . Identification card at arrival. No amendment or cancellation will be accepted once bookings are made under this nonrefundable promotion.ale

Will I need a deposit for my hotel?

Selected hotels do require a refundable 'breakages' deposit upon check in. If this is required by your hotel, we endeavor to advise you in advance. This deposit is decided upon and managed by the properties directly and is outside the control of easyJet holidays.

I got that from the Easyjet website, and to be honest it's as clear as mud, like you said, in honesty.

I'd just email them and clarify it, mate.

How many going? As it may be a breakages deposit, so it could be ?5 per person.

Thanks for that. I'll give them a call.

Wife treated me to the beer spa (just opposite the Dubliner pub), you sit in a double ended bath with warm water & hops / barley, and pour yourself as much beer as you like from a keg sat next to the bath tub.  Then you get a massage from a tidy wee Czech lovely.

Happy days.  Though had to get up halfway through my massage to burst the seal after taking in about 3 pints rapid style...

Cheers I did find the site. You see the records page? One guy sank 29 pints in one sitting lol

He's probably still in intensive care.

Someone on here can drink 20...apparently.

Tbd, the average Czech adult drinks 3 pints every day.

Probably more, since a large portion of the population are children.

Tbd, the average Czech adult drinks 3 pints every day.

Probably more, since a large portion of the population are children.

Even if he was there from open til close that's like pint every 30mins ALL DAY. That's a staggering amount even For the most hardened drinkers

Not to mention it's debatable wether he could still pour them himself by about half way through!

Adam rickman over to you for that one!

• 3 weeks later...

Killing time before flying home so thought I'd report in.

- "the pub" self serving beer tap place is decent but the stuff on tap is gassy as hell and the novelty soon wares off. A good place for a stag do no doubt but there are better options

- the center is a rip off (particularly the bars around the square) and the reps at night trying to hustle on a pub crawl or to a club done my box in

Now to the good stuff:

- we found a place selling beer for 19kr (around 60p) compared to the 99kr (?3) in the square

-Food options are good just about everywhere. Lots of resteraunts and takeaways on every corner

- the metro is just fantastic. Buy a day or week pass and ride the underground all over the city. There is only 3 lines so easy to navigate and trains are every 4mins! So you never wait long

- Sparta Prague stadium/football is brilliant. Easy to get to. Easy to get tickets. Cracking atmosphere with big flag displays and chanting etc. Plus beer is ?1 in stadium and hotdogs from 80p. Definitely go to a match if you are visiting

Fri- sun I spent about ?170 all in. Including getting absolute rat ars*d fri/sat and all food/activities (we stayed away from tourist traps)

Absolutely loved Prague. Up there with my favourite city's. I'm planning another boys trip plus would like to take the missus one weekend.

Killing time before flying home so thought I'd report in.

- "the pub" self serving beer tap place is decent but the stuff on tap is gassy as hell and the novelty soon wares off. A good place for a stag do no doubt but there are better options

- the center is a rip off (particularly the bars around the square) and the reps at night trying to hustle on a pub crawl or to a club done my box in

Now to the good stuff:

- we found a place selling beer for 19kr (around 60p) compared to the 99kr (?3) in the square

-Food options are good just about everywhere. Lots of resteraunts and takeaways on every corner

- the metro is just fantastic. Buy a day or week pass and ride the underground all over the city. There is only 3 lines so easy to navigate and trains are every 4mins! So you never wait long

- Sparta Prague stadium/football is brilliant. Easy to get to. Easy to get tickets. Cracking atmosphere with big flag displays and chanting etc. Plus beer is ?1 in stadium and hotdogs from 80p. Definitely go to a match if you are visiting

Fri- sun I spent about ?170 all in. Including getting absolute rat ars*d fri/sat and all food/activities (we stayed away from tourist traps)

Absolutely loved Prague. Up there with my favourite city's. I'm planning another boys trip plus would like to take the missus one weekend.

Been with my missus, my family and a stag do, seriously caters for all.

Archived