100 best rock bands ever

savage

on kerrang just now switched on to see ACDC at number 40 which is a total joke. there have been two bands i have barely heard of ahead of them. g n r are on now at 27 so there must be some great acts to come. anybody want to predict number one. i will go for the rolling stones to win this or possible led zep

on kerrang just now switched on to see ACDC at number 40 which is a total joke. there have been two bands i have barely heard of ahead of them. g n r are on now at 27 so there must be some great acts to come. anybody want to predict number one. i will go for the rolling stones to win this or possible led zep

My Chemical Romance

i do not often agree with you prancer but suspect young idiots are voting on this and busted or some other pash band are number one.

My Chemical Romance.

Which also links to neaves thread.:laugh:

Emo. The evil cult which is destroying the planet.

These programmes vary from month to month , lets face it there is a top 100 movies,single,albums,duets,rock bands every other week and i cant remember ever being asked my opinion. I'm assuming that a very small proportion of the population are asked? therefore the results are flawed!

My Chemical Romance.

Which also links to neaves thread.:laugh:

Emo. The evil cult which is destroying the planet.

Tell me they didn't get a mention. Please.

Guns 'n' Roses should be nowhere near any 'Top 100 Bands' polls, IMO.

Truly dreadful.

Wrong

Tell me they didn't get a mention. Please.

They will do...

Probably topping the "Top 100 Greatest Rock Bands EVER"

Right :D

OK we will have to agree to disagree then;)

Incidentally,who is your favourite? mines would be Queen.

looks like emo type bands may feature in top 20, hopefully some old school will make it

OK we will have to agree to disagree then;)

Incidentally,who is your favourite? mines would be Queen.

'Rock' isn't really my thing. If I had to pick, I'd say Maiden or Dio :D

seen dio and maiden four times each, getting angrier as the foos are now on in 22nd place, probaly the greatest rock band of the current era and have been doing it for years. a truely disgraceful voting system. i am getting quite tired (pished) and may fall asleep on couch as wife is out tonight. hopefully someone will stay up and tell me which band gets the number one slot

A mate of mine told me it was SlipKnot.

Although it might have been a different list he was on about.

slipknot at 21 now that is a quality band and the track on just now is one of their best, even better are the offshoot that are stonesour

A mate of mine told me it was SlipKnot.

Although it might have been a different list he was on about.

Have never heard of slipknot, is this poll only heavy rock bands ? if so my fav would be GnR.

Have never heard of slipknot, is this poll only heavy rock bands ? if so my fav would be GnR.

Its got a bit of everything IIRC.

savage, what tracks it?

PortyJambo

Well, Blink 182 just came in at #17, ahead of AC/DC, Metallica, G 'n R, Slipknot et al...says it all really. :rolleyes: Can only get worse from here on in...

Ivanauskas33

unbeliveable. The Who at 86 and the Clash at 85, those two should be easily in the top 10, probably even the top 5.

Who the hell are Elliot Minor? and why are they number 5?

They are a stupid wee band who have only recently released their first album. I had the misfortune of seeing them support Fall Out Boy last year (yes I know, Fall Out Boy aren't exactly rock gods themselves) and they were terrible.

Just noticed Jimmy Eat World languishing in 77th place, these kids wouldn't know a good band if they whacked them in the face with their guitars.

Here's some Elliot Minor, stick the ear plugs in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glERPMfMbwI

Ivanauskas33
They are a stupid wee band who have only recently released their first album. I had the misfortune of seeing them support Fall Out Boy last year (yes I know, Fall Out Boy aren't exactly rock gods themselves) and they were terrible.

Just noticed Jimmy Eat World languishing in 77th place, these kids wouldn't know a good band if they whacked them in the face with their guitars.

That is quite awful. It reminds me of an emo version of busted.

For sale.

CD collection currently standing at just under 1000 discs

will throw in around 100 vinyl albums for free.

Just realised that apparently they are all worse than Elliot Minor according to recent listings. And as anything worse than Elliot Minor is pretty hard to believe I reckon i have wasted several thousand quid on CD's that are only good for coasters.

Such rubbish as Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Free, Hendrix, QOTSA, Kyuss, Nirvana, Miles Davis, Ry Cooder, The Byrds, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, Public Enemy, Stone Roses, so on, and so on.

Help me baby jesus if people really think that is the bast music out there.

For sale.

Just realised that apparently they are all worse than Elliot Minor according to recent listings. And as anything worse than Elliot Minor is pretty hard to believe I reckon i have wasted several thousand quid on CD's that are only good for coasters.

Such rubbish as Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Free, Hendrix, QOTSA, Kyuss, Nirvana, Miles Davis, Ry Cooder, The Byrds, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, Public Enemy, Stone Roses, so on, and so on.

Fiver for the lot :)

You should be ashamed for having such abhorrent taste.

Fiver for the lot :)

You should be ashamed for having such abhorrent taste.

Too late mate, I was so overwhelmed with guilt I've just lobbed the lot in the wheelie bin and set it on fire.

Too late mate, I was so overwhelmed with guilt I've just lobbed the lot in the wheelie bin and set it on fire.

Best thing for such monstrosities, IMO. Well done.

Now away doon HMV and buy yourself some My Chemical Romance and Elliot Minor :)

frankblack

I am ashamed to admit that I used to read that rag along with Metal Hammer. I stopped reading it about 10 years ago since it downgraded its standards (and target readership age) to **** pop-punk bands like Fall Out Boy and crap Emo like MCR.

I have Virgin TV + Broadband and used to watch the music channels like MTV 2 and Kerrang, but there is only so many times you can watch Smells Like Teen Spirit or Sweet Child Of Mine before losing interest.

That poll that must have been compiled by 12 year olds, as the music taste shows clear immaturity and lack of knowledge of decent rock music.

As a previous poster mentioned, you would expect a band like the Foo Fighters, who have just played Wembley Stadium twice, headlined all the decent rock festivals, and sold out the UK Arenas would be high up there. Obviously the people voting are too young to go to gigs.

jamboinglasgow

I'm now glad I dont listen to Kerrang if that is what it has come down to. So many EMO bands in the top 10 it is depressing, Evanescence for goodness sake is apparntly better than Led Zepplin, Queen, Metallica, Nirvanna, Guns' n' roses, The Who, The Clash etc. It does make you dispair.

I think these top 100 lists should not include anything from within the last 3-5 years as most of these best ever include an over the top number of recent things which aren't that great. I remember channel 4 did a top 50 of comedy sketches and too many of the top 10 were little Britain sketches because it was big at that momment and tbh they were funny but not classic.

Dagger Is Back
I am ashamed to admit that I used to read that rag along with Metal Hammer. I stopped reading it about 10 years ago since it downgraded its standards (and target readership age) to **** pop-punk bands like Fall Out Boy and crap Emo like MCR.

I have Virgin TV + Broadband and used to watch the music channels like MTV 2 and Kerrang, but there is only so many times you can watch Smells Like Teen Spirit or Sweet Child Of Mine before losing interest.

That poll that must have been compiled by 12 year olds, as the music taste shows clear immaturity and lack of knowledge of decent rock music.

As a previous poster mentioned, you would expect a band like the Foo Fighters, who have just played Wembley Stadium twice, headlined all the decent rock festivals, and sold out the UK Arenas would be high up there. Obviously the people voting are too young to go to gigs.

Much better off with a mag called Classic Rock IMO.

Dagger Is Back

No Purple, Leppard, Saxon, Dio, Hendrix, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy, Poison, Skynyrd etc.

What IS the world coming to?

Dix Handley
http://promo.kerrang.com/kerrang/kerrangtv/votingholding.shtml

There we go, predictably MCR at number 1, just goes to show the intelligence and age of your average Kerranger.

The entire top 10 (apart from NIN and Queen) is a joke, some of the bands are decent but should be no-where near the top 10!

Is this what your average pimpled youth aspires to in call centres

all over the land? SAD!:sobored:

Suspect Device
unbeliveable. The Who at 86 and the Clash at 85, those two should be easily in the top 10, probably even the top 5.

and not just them,

74-Pistols

61- Sabbath

41- Led Zep

37-ACDC

which means that Tenacious D at 50 are apparently a better 'Rock' band than The Who. The Clash, Sex Pistols and Black Sabbath to name just 4, :eek:

top ten -

10 Bowling for Soup

9 Queen

8 Avenged Sevenfold

7 Paramore

6 Evanescence

5 Elliot Minor

4 Nine Inch Nails

3 Him

2 30 Seconds to Mars

1 My Chemical Romance

* I do quite like Bowling For Soup :)

and not just them,

74-Pistols

61- Sabbath

41- Led Zep

37-ACDC

which means that Tenacious D at 50 are apparently a better 'Rock' band than The Who. The Clash, Sex Pistols and Black Sabbath to name just 4, :eek:

top ten -

10 Bowling for Soup

9 Queen

8 Avenged Sevenfold

7 Paramore

6 Evanescence

5 Elliot Minor

4 Nine Inch Nails

3 Him

2 30 Seconds to Mars

1 My Chemical Romance

I like a few (2 or 3), but none of them should be in a top 10!

Say What Again
For sale.

Instead of selling it away you could give it back to me!

Listening to Otis right now - what a voice. (He's no MCR mind you)

EDIT: Otis, just finished and it's Joy Division (Atmosphere) now.

I know them my fiance is friends with them, truely swarmy bunch of posh ***** as well. Musically they are terrible.

By the way out of those top ten some don't even have more than a few albums... or even 2 albums. ridiculous!

Is this what your average pimpled youth aspires to in call centres

all over the land? SAD!:sobored:

You're giving them a bit much credit there! Pimples? Most of these Kerrang kids haven't even reached puberty yet!

What confuses me even more than MCR being first is 30STM being 2nd. This is a band that has released two albums in their 10 year existence, the first of which pretty seriously bombed, the second of which was released 3 years ago yet they still continue to tour the hell out of it, musically they are crap and if they weren't fronted by Jared Leto they would be no-where.

To be fair though, the people who voted on this will probably discover better music as they get older. When I was 12/13 and started listening to 'rock' music it was the likes of Nickleback, Sum 41, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and so on, now 8 years on I wholly appreciate bands and artists who truly are the greats of their genres but I would never have discovered them if it wasn't for the popular bands at the time.

I know them my fiance is friends with them, truely swarmy bunch of posh ***** as well. Musically they are terrible.

By the way out of those top ten some don't even have more than a few albums... or even 2 albums. ridiculous!

I met them after the gig where they supported Fall Out Boy, at least one of them was at Edinburgh Uni and was talking of dropping out just because they had a single in the charts, they were basically just your typical English yahs but slightly emo'd up and a bunch of tossers to boot.

Corstojohn
and not just them,

74-Pistols

61- Sabbath

41- Led Zep

37-ACDC

top ten -

10 Bowling for Soup

9 Queen

8 Avenged Sevenfold

7 Paramore

6 Evanescence

5 Elliot Minor

4 Nine Inch Nails

3 Him

2 30 Seconds to Mars

1 My Chemical Romance

Didnt bother to read all the posts but IMHO the top rock band of all time is Led Zep. End off.

Dix Handley
You're giving them a bit much credit there! Pimples? Most of these Kerrang kids haven't even reached puberty yet!

What confuses me even more than MCR being first is 30STM being 2nd. This is a band that has released two albums in their 10 year existence, the first of which pretty seriously bombed, the second of which was released 3 years ago yet they still continue to tour the hell out of it, musically they are crap and if they weren't fronted by Jared Leto they would be no-where.

To be fair though, the people who voted on this will probably discover better music as they get older. When I was 12/13 and started listening to 'rock' music it was the likes of Nickleback, Sum 41, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and so on, now 8 years on I wholly appreciate bands and artists who truly are the greats of their genres but I would never have discovered them if it wasn't for the popular bands at the time.

Like shedloads of music myself(most if not all would be considered dubious

by your "average" KBer nowadays) but takeing "rock" music as an example

i think personally that guitar driven music was at its best when the "artists"

had to innovate and engineer thier own specific sound without a heavy

reliance on production(no pun intended) eg. AC/DC,UFO,Van Halen.

Sure the production was there but this nearly always took a backseat to

the guitarists talent, natural or otherwise, and his unique style of playing.

Then you get freaks like Hendrix who could do both with ease but there

is not many exceptions.

Just get depressed knowing that these upstarts have been stuck in a

studio riffing away till something passables "in the can" and the execs

are happy.:sad: Did i mention im an old git!;)

Archived