The fewer season tickets sold, the poorer the manager we can expect?

stuart500

Charlie-Brown
Sounds awfy like Romanov language used for G Burley, i.e utter nonsense talk.

:o

So your not an afficionado of satire then? :)

Fourcandles
So your not an afficionado of satire then? :)

What has the Scottish flag got to do with it?

:rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth

I cant believe the title of this thread, although I agree with some of the content of the post.

Surely Hearts have plenty money to offer a new manager because we've sold out season ticket wise for 2 years now and not had to pay a manager any wages ffs!

Get a manager in, and I'll renew, but no commitment from Vlad means no commitment from me and I'll pick and choose my games next season.

Vlad's a fraudster and has been pulling the wool over too many of our eyes for too long now, he deserves nothing but abuse for the way he's run our club into the ground, it's almost unforgivable!

It is ironic that many fans are awaiting the news that a new manager of suitable pedigree has signed on the dotted line, before committing themselves to a season ticket.

It seems to me that the fewer fans who renew, the more likely it is that we will end up with a less suitable candidate, as the reduced income generated from the lower sales will actually INCREASE the chances of the next manager being a "pyramid promotion" or someone with a less well established track record of success.

Why is this the case? Well assume Romanov has budgeted for all season ticket holders to renew. On this basis a salary of 350k is offered to Mark Mcghee who will be given a budget of x.

If sales are drastically reduced, this means

1. we cannot offer the same remunerative package, thereby eliminating possible higher quality candidates
  2. we cannot guarantee the manager the same budget Mcghee would have got, again thereby making the job less attractive to suitable candidates.

And finally and perhaps most importantly, how can we expect a new manager to believe that Romanov's team interference will reduce/end when a third of season ticket holders are sending the message that they dont believe it will?

Surely for the good of the club, all fans should give Romanov the benefit of the doubt in this regard. It is clearly in our own interest to do so!

The message is simple. The more season tickets sold, the more likely we are to get a better manager.

Won't make any difference, he'll bring in who he wants whether we sell 9,000 or 16,000 I'm afraid. Personally, I think he'll bring in some other unknown puppet from eastern europe, no top manager worth his salt would put up with MadVlad's meddling and quite right too. With a bit of luck, he'll maybe get the picture if the season tickets sales are down but I won't hold my breath, it's how he is.

Archived