Clive Tilsley GTF

jambostuart

shaun.lawson
Is it the top 2 go through and 3rd into the play-offs?

Can't see Scotland taking any points from Holland home or away, maybe a point against the Norwegians, 3/4 points from Iceland and, if you're a Scotland fan, you'd hope 6 against Macedonia. I'd guess at around the 11/12 points mark.

I'll bet you a tenner they don't make it.

Group winner qualifies, 2nd goes into the play-offs. I anticipate:

Draw or possibly win at home to Holland; defeat away.

Win and draw v Norway.

Six points v Iceland.

Six or at least four v Macedonia.

Meaning at least 15 points, probably 17, and 2nd place with no trouble at all. Re: the bet - sorry, only one wager per competition is my rule! So you'll have to hope Therapist isn't prepared to put his money where his mouth is...

Charlie-Brown

Eastern Europe isn't a great hunting ground for Scots teams in recent years, we hung on in Lithuania for a 2-1 win but got well beaten in both Georgia and Ukraine, prior to that Belarus & Moldova failed to yield maximum points.

shaun.lawson
Eastern Europe isn't a great hunting ground for Scots teams in recent years, we hung on in Lithuania for a 2-1 win but got well beaten in both Georgia and Ukraine, prior to that Belarus & Moldova failed to yield maximum points.

But Scotland are a lot better now than when you travelled to Belarus and Moldova; and Macedonia, while awkward, are no Ukraine or even Georgia.

Charlie-Brown
But Scotland are a lot better now than when you travelled to Belarus and Moldova; and Macedonia, while awkward, are no Ukraine or even Georgia.

They beat Croatia 3-0 & also were very tricky opponents for England.

shaun.lawson
They beat Croatia 3-0 & also were very tricky opponents for England.

But England were crap! And their 3-0 defeat of Croatia was very clearly down to their opponents' deep ambivalence over whether they even wanted a result, given the dangers in the finals draw if you had a high coefficient. It may well be that Scotland lose there, yet still end up 2nd: taking four points off Norway is the key if you ask me. But I expect you to get at least a draw out there; Scotland are a vastly improved side, and likely to improve still further under Burley's more enterprising command too I reckon.

Because their goodish world ranking will probably see them seeded in the play-offs, which I'm confident they'll reach (FIFA seed the play-offs; UEFA don't), fifty quid says they'll qualify for the World Cup in 2010.

I'll take that bet.

shaun.lawson
I'll take that bet.

I can't bet with bloody everyone! If Therapist doesn't take me up, you - because of the sum involved - are next in line.

Charlie-Brown
I can't bet with bloody everyone! If Therapist doesn't take me up, you - because of the sum involved - are next in line.

This isn't true Shaun, you can bet with everyone as long as you off-set those bets with betfair or stan james or whoever. :)

Because their goodish world ranking will probably see them seeded in the play-offs, which I'm confident they'll reach (FIFA seed the play-offs; UEFA don't), fifty quid says they'll qualify for the World Cup in 2010.

I was thinking more of ?100, but I'll take your ?50. I say they won't qualify. Sorted. ;)

shaun.lawson
I was thinking more of ?100, but I'll take your ?50. I say they won't qualify. Sorted. ;)

?75?

shaun.lawson
This isn't true Shaun, you can bet with everyone as long as you off-set those bets with betfair or stan james or whoever. :)

Hahaha!

Gambling's a mug's game, you know. :)

Charlie-Brown

This is daft : all S.L or Therapist have to do is bet (some or all) the stake on the opposite of what they are predicting on here - as long as the odds are greater than 1/1 they will be in profit either way............

PresidentRomanov

Be careful Therapist, my instincts tell me you're dealing with a sleekit type here :sad:

Be careful Therapist, my instincts tell me you're dealing with a sleekit type here :sad:

Noted. ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
This is daft : all S.L or Therapist have to do is bet (some or all) the stake on the opposite of what they are predicting on here - as long as the odds are greater than 1/1 they will be in profit either way............

Aye, but they'll not get to play the big man on here about it......

shaun.lawson
OK. :)

Excellent. Give me a tic, and I'll be back with you. :)

Gigolo-Aunt

Not sure why posters feel the need to bet money with each other. There are bookie shops for that.

PresidentRomanov

Don't worry, when it come's to playing the big man on here, no one will ever take your crown :)

shaun.lawson

This is to confirm that:

(a) The Jambos Kickback poster known as shaun.lawson will receive 75 pounds sterling from the Jambos Kickback poster known as Therapist if Scotland qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Finals.

(B) The Jambos Kickback poster known as Therapist will receive 75 pounds sterling from the Jambos Kickback poster known as shaun.lawson if Scotland fail to qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Finals.

The money shall be paid within 1 month of the outcome being decided, preferably earlier.

This is not illegal gambling.

Signed: shaun.lawson

Signed:

Charlie-Brown

Yes they will JR - if Shaun takes Therapist bet that Scotland won't qualify all he has to do is cover that bet on betfair with an amount that will provide him with an equal or greater amount than ?75 should he lose the bet - as long as the odds are greater than 1/1 then he won't be out of pocket.

Guest JamboRobbo
Don't worry, when it come's to playing the big man on here, no one will ever take your crown :)

:welldone: When it comes to playing the mini-huns, no-one will take yours, so everyone is happy.

shaun.lawson

Oh, be quiet, you! :)

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes they will JR - if Shaun takes Therapist bet that Scotland won't qualify all he has to do is cover that bet on betfair with an amount that will provide him with an equal or greater amount than ?75 should he lose the bet - as long as the odds are greater than 1/1 then he won't be out of pocket.

I realised that the first time you said it. :P

shaun.lawson
Not sure why posters feel the need to bet money with each other. There are bookie shops for that.

You must've heard of a 'sportsman's bet', no?

PresidentRomanov

It's called having a bit of fun.

I bet a Celtic fan at work, ?10 last year, that Hearts would beat them at Parkhead in the Diddy Cup.

I got far more pleasure from taking his ?10, than I would've got taking ?90 from from some bookie for the same bet.

PresidentRomanov
:welldone: When it comes to playing the mini-huns, no-one will take yours, so everyone is happy.

Not had that one for a while - you must be struggling :P

Gigolo-Aunt
You must've heard of a 'sportsman's bet', no?

Yes, yes I have.

Still dont see the attraction of betting others posters on a football forum due to them having a different opinion on football than yourself. Thats the point of the forum.

Lets be honest though, Im sticking my nose into business which has **** all to do with me.

Knock yourself out guys.

:)

shaun.lawson

Ah - but I never do stuff like that. There's no fun involved! This makes me an idiot, I know - but I only bet if there's an element of romance involved (though this will be the first and last time you hear me use the word 'romance' in anything to do with Therapist on here... :))

Charlie-Brown
I realised that the first time you said it. :P

He would however be in shame no doubt at having lost the bet to Therapist but consoled by the fact that the bookie was paying for it & not him. :rolleyes:

shaun.lawson
It's called having a bit of fun.

I bet a Celtic fan at work, ?10 last year, that Hearts would beat them at Parkhead in the Diddy Cup.

I got far more pleasure from taking his ?10, than I would've got taking ?90 from from some bookie for the same bet.

I bet a Celtic fan ?20 that Rangers would win the SPL this past season. :sad:

However, I also bet a Newcastle fan ?20 that Sunderland wouldn't be relegated. :)

This is to confirm that:

(a) The Jambos Kickback poster known as shaun.lawson will receive 75 pounds sterling from the Jambos Kickback poster known as Therapist if Scotland qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Finals.

(B) The Jambos Kickback poster known as Therapist will receive 75 pounds sterling from the Jambos Kickback poster known as shaun.lawson if Scotland fail to qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Finals.

The money shall be paid within 1 month of the outcome being decided, preferably earlier.

This is not illegal gambling.

Signed: shaun.lawson

Signed: Therapist

It's hilarious watching some posters get their boxers in a twist over this.

Guest JamboRobbo

And I think it's hilarious watching posters try to get one up on each other by saying "I'll bet more than you".

shaun.lawson

I agree! Cheers - and may the best man win!

:mj_zivili:

and may the best man win!

aka Therapist. :)

Gigolo-Aunt
And I think it's hilarious watching posters try to get one up on each other by saying "I'll bet more than you".

I bet I find it more hilarious.

20 quid?

Seymour M Hersh
I agree! Cheers - and may the best man win!

:mj_zivili:

But unfortunately neither of you can do anything to affect the outcome so "best man" should be replaced with luckier. But good luck to you both.

I bet anybody on this, any amount that if i was to lose the bet, i wouldn't pay you anyway:thumb:

Patrick Bateman

Tisley is a snide, irritating waste of space... yet he's not anywhere near as bad as Jake Humphreys; a smug, condesending nonce.

Archived