Walker Appeal!

Maroon 1874

Maroon 1874

Interesting, on what grounds?

Dont know yet just on STV headlines but I'll be more than happy if at last Hearts highlight the many other things from Sunday's match

GorgieRules22

Probably the fact that he thought he was going to be challenged from behind and body swerved it. He went down but I didn't see him claim for a penalty also.

BroughtyJambo

That it's only happening because of the comments from the Celtic captain and a Glasgow biased media...

Thank god this news was put on a new thread wouldnt have found it on the other one.

Its good news but dont expect hee haw.

lets see what happens Walker dives ???and wins a penalty Dembele flys through the air and no punishment it is actually I think the ref making one bad decision evens it up with another dodgy decision not walkers fault and Hearts should appeal on the basis of Dembeles dive was worse although Hearts got a penalty the circumstances are the same

Maroon 1874

Thank god this news was put on a new thread wouldnt have found it on the other one.

Its good news but dont expect hee haw.

TBH I dont think things will change BUT I'm hopefull other things from the game are addresses such as

the Ref's ineptness

fouls to yellow cards

Broon ..on and off the pitch

The Thumb

Dembelle

Celtic's 1st goal

Bazzas right boot

Dont know yet just on STV headlines but I'll be more than happy if at last Hearts highlight the many other things from Sunday's match

I would have done this seperatley, all the other issues have nothing to do with Walkers.

Different rules, different teams etc etc

If we appeal on this, then we are ****ed.

Exactly

That it's only happening because of the comments from the Celtic captain and a Glasgow biased media...

I would have taken this up as a separate issue.

Probably the fact that he thought he was going to be challenged from behind and body swerved it. He went down but I didn't see him claim for a penalty also.

Is that grounds for an appeal, surely going over without contact and helping  the ref make an incorrect decision is the issue, not what Walker thought?

Hopefully we have grounds for an appeal, but I feel we should have taken the punishment for this and taken up the other issues separately, most notable Browns comments about Walker as it  brought the game, Walker and the club into disrepute.

Maybe it is just so Walker can play on Wednesday.

STV news at 6 ...... Hearts appeal Walker ban

Same compliance officer who did not offer Gudetti a 2 match ban I believe. Think CL and RN will challenge the ref and compliance officer. CL likes a fight!

Maroon 1874

Im glad Robbie mentioned other things such as media reporting (I take that to mean bias) and that Walker never appealed for the pen

I would have done this seperatley, all the other issues have nothing to do with Walkers.

If we appeal on this, then we are ######.

Is that grounds for an appeal, surely going over without contact and helping  the ref make an incorrect decision is the issue, not what Walker thought?

Hopefully we have grounds for an appeal, but I feel we should have taken the punishment for this and taken up the other issues separately, most notable Browns comments about Walker as it  brought the game, Walker and the club into disrepute.

No point. We take it up as a 'separate issue' and we get ignored, or the whole issue is swept under the carpet as usual. There would certainly be zero media coverage.

This incident is already high profile thanks to Scott Brown's public statement (I honestly can't believe how he can say something like this to the press and not face charges of his own). Hearts are 100% doing the right thing by appealing this. It may have been a dive, but this happens dozens of times every season and nothing gets done about it. Celtic moan about Walker in the media and suddenly he gets a ban? It's bloody ludicrous.

Our defence should be based on the Gudietti 'incident'. If that wasn't worth any punishment then neither was Walker's.

Im glad Robbie mentioned other things such as media reporting (I take that to mean bias) and that Walker never appealed for the pen

Interesting if there are any rules on what evidence you can bring.

Clubs have taken lawyers to hearings before. Precedent of Guidetti judgement which referred to him not claiming surely relevant

Making it up as they go along

Bazzas right boot

No point. We take it up as a 'separate issue' and we get ignored, or the whole issue is swept under the carpet as usual. There would certainly be zero media coverage.

This incident is already high profile thanks to Scott Brown's public statement (I honestly can't believe how he can say something like this to the press and not face charges of his own). Hearts are 100% doing the right thing by appealing this. It may have been a dive, but this happens dozens of times every season and nothing gets done about it. Celtic moan about Walker in the media and suddenly he gets a ban? It's bloody ludicrous.

Our defence should be based on the Gudietti 'incident'. If that wasn't worth any punishment then neither was Walker's.

I agree, but this was two years ago, have the rules changed on diving/ simulation?

If not, then we must win it.

If they have, then we are pissing against the wind and going to look daft for appealing what is a dive.

If we mention the other issues it will appear petty because we lost the appeal.

We should be aiming for Brown and slapping him about for his comments.

Interesting appeal, SFA will have to prove no contact, after all innocent until proved guilty.

Maroon 1874

I agree, but this was two years ago, have the rules changed on diving/ simulation?

If they have, then we are pissing against the wind and going to look daft for appealing what is a dive.

I understand what you are saying and being quite rightly sceptical but if that's the case then Dembelle who was at it all day should have a tug as well

The problem is that the SFA simply won't admit a referee made a mistake where the likes of us are concerned. The only time this happens is if it's essentially rubbing our noses in it after a decision which completely screwed us (the Fyssas sending off on 1/1/06 springs to mind).

If we aim for Brown nothing whatsoever will happen. He has done exactly what he wants for years now both on and off the pitch and the authorities aren't going to get tough with him now. We all know there's one rule for the arse cheeks and another for the rest of us.

I expect the 2-match ban will be upheld to save face. The best we can hope for is that the publicity around the case makes it clear how badly the game is rigged in Scotland, and that we will be regarded as slightly less of a soft touch in future.

Maroon 1874

The problem is that the SFA simply won't admit a referee made a mistake where the likes of us are concerned. The only time this happens is if it's essentially rubbing our noses in it after a decision which completely screwed us (the Fyssas sending off on 1/1/06 springs to mind).

If we aim for Brown nothing whatsoever will happen. He has done exactly what he wants for years now both on and off the pitch and the authorities aren't going to get tough with him now. We all know there's one rule for the arse cheeks and another for the rest of us.

I expect the 2-match ban will be upheld to save face. The best we can hope for is that the publicity around the case makes it clear how badly the game is rigged in Scotland, and that we will be regarded as slightly less of a soft touch in future.

And to highlight the referee's ineptness in all this .... that twonk needs showing up for how poor and easily influenced he is

i wish jj was my dad

Despite all the 'what is the club playing at' nonsense about the club's neutral statement about the police investigation I'm pretty cool with how we play these sorts of things with the weegia and the GFA.

We're pretty measured about how we deal with these things publicly but you can be sure Ms Budge and Mr Levein won't be taking any crap from the authorities over this or any of the other stitch ups to accommodate Celtic or their new pals.

avhudtheteeshirt

If? Beaton did apologise to Brendan Rodgers at half time about the incident, why at half time did he not apologise to Robbie for the first goal?

He must have watched it at half time on TV in dressing room and both incidents were featured on the half time coverage?????

If? Beaton did apologise to Brendan Rodgers at half time about the incident, why at half time did he not apologise to Robbie for the first goal?

He must have watched it at half time on TV in dressing room and both incidents were featured on the half time coverage?????

Robbie is still waiting on phone/apology about The Paterson red card incident at Hamilton. The refs are good at phoning other managers but not Hearts ones it seems.

Despite all the 'what is the club playing at' nonsense about the club's neutral statement about the police investigation I'm pretty cool with how we play these sorts of things with the weegia and the GFA.

We're pretty measured about how we deal with these things publicly but you can be sure Ms Budge and Mr Levein won't be taking any crap from the authorities over this or any of the other stitch ups to accommodate Celtic or their new pals.

Did CL not threaten to go to the European Court against the SFA when he was banned from the dugout number of years back? CL and AB are too clever for them the 2 match ban offered will be withdrawn OR else the whole GFA bias will again be broadcast across the UK as CL and AB will not let them get away with it. The Scott Brown debacle will be exposed and we all know the GFA will not make an example of him.

If walker gets cleared ?? Another problem arises with Broon bringing game into disrepute by calling innocent player cheat !!

I wonder what the sfa shall do ???

If walker gets cleared ?? Another problem arises with Broon bringing game into disrepute by calling innocent player cheat !!

Nothing!

Hungry hippo

On the basis of Boyd, O'Connor and Guidetti we somehow have a chance at winning the appeal.

If we win the appeal I wouldn't be surprised if the CO quits though.

Winston Ingram

Brown should be taken to task regardless. You can't say that in public about a fellow player.

Maybe I'm the only one but I actually thought it looked more of a dive in the flesh than on TV. 

What I don't understand is why the TV Media feel they require to kiss the butts of the old firm.

We see TV dictating everything about our game. They have the ability to highlight all sorts of issues

involving fans/ players behaviour but choose to highlight very little of the real issues in our game.

If they didn't turn down the pitch side microphones at old firm games then I am sure someone

would make a complaint.

I still believe with the cameras present on the day, Setanta must have had at least one view of Hartson's elbow to

webster's face. But nothing was ever shown.

As for Walkers ' dive' the linesman was right in view he didn't contradict the referees decision.

Just the same as the Wheatfield Stand linesman didn't contradict the decision to award Celtics first

Goal despite Armstrong clearly being offside.

On the basis of Boyd, O'Connor and Guidetti we somehow have a chance at winning the appeal.

This makes interesting reading to. Looks like all you have to do is make a complaint along with evidence and your on a winner.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1848&newsID=9236

marshallschunkychicken

This makes interesting reading to. Looks like all you have to do is make a complaint along with evidence and your on a winner.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1848&newsID=9236

I'd bet the complaint on this occasion came from

Beaton.

I'm hopeful that this creates a siege mentality within the team that transmits to the on-field performances.

SFA

I'd bet the complaint on this occasion came from

Beaton.

I'm hopeful that this creates a siege mentality within the team that transmits to the on-field performances.

If they want to be as above board etc and sqeaky clean as they pretend to be should they not show on the charge they present to the player the means by which this came to their attention.

Copy of the one served to JW below.

Jamie Walker issued with notice of complaint Tuesday, 09 August 2016

Alleged party in breach: Jamie Walker (Heart of Midlothian)

Match: Heart of Midlothian v Celtic (SPFL Premiership) ? Sunday, 7th August 2016

Disciplinary rule allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 201 ? At the above match you committed an act of simulation in that you did pretend that you were fouled by a player on the opposing team, namely Kieran Tierney, and did thereafter dive in the penalty box of the opposing team. That this act of simulation caused a match official to make an incorrect decision, namely the incorrect awarding of a penalty to Heart of Midlothian FC.

Fixed suspension offered: Yes ? two matches

Principal hearing date: Thursday, 11th August 2016

Mr Walker has until 3pm on Wednesday, 10th August 2016 to respond to the complaint.

Win-win. Hopefully just abolish the whole stupid bent shooting match.

Meanwhile the football public awaits SFA President Scott Brown's ruling over the punishment for the vicious Rangers supporters antagonising the exuberant Hibs fans last May

If we appeal on this, then we are ######.

Thank God a wimp like you is not in charge of the club then...! The grounds for an appeal obvious - the charge says Walker fooled the referee into making an incorrect decision, but with Walker not appealing for a penalty it is impossible to make such a charge stick.

You should forward this to AB, CL and Robbie for Thursdays debacle, sorry we cannot use this as Scott Brown's evidence is compelling is probably the GFA's response.

Bazzas right boot

Could go for brown, slander, bringing game into disrepute, ect.

Bit dramatic, but going to the press and calling someone a cheat and having it plastered across the press has and can have legal consequences, if the football authority's ignore it.

Bazzas right boot

Thank God a wimp like you is not in charge of the club then...! The grounds for an appeal obvious - the charge says Walker fooled the referee into making an incorrect decision, but with Walker not appealing for a penalty it is impossible to make such a charge stick.

Not impossible, he fell over in the box, in anticapation of contact, also saying he felt contact, when there was none, this will nail him.

He has admitted going down as he felt contact, there was none. Thats a dive.

Not about being a wimp, it's about choosing your battles, I think we will lose this one, but it's worth a punt and he plays on wed now.

Archived