Big Bad Jim ?

grumpyespana

grumpyespana

Things could be moving on the manager front next week as JJ returns from holiday today. Maybe not my first choice ( CL ) but at this moment in time give him a two year deal and let him steady the ship for us he would knock all those prima donnas into shape or he will ship them out ( maybe he has already started this procedure ) as I say its common sense as he knows the history of our great club and can stablize us in the short term.

maroonlegions
Things could be moving on the manager front next week as JJ returns from holiday today. Maybe not my first choice ( CL ) but at this moment in time give him a two year deal and let him steady the ship for us he would knock all those prima donnas into shape or he will ship them out ( maybe he has already started this procedure ) as I say its common sense as he knows the history of our great club and can stablize us in the short term.

True ,JJ would not take wage thief's lightly and would add the passion and work rate back in to Hearts but all on vlads approval amnd this has to be agreed and sorted out first, hope vlad sees sense and gives the new manager a lot of slack.:cool:

winston churchill

the MM saga went tits up, long before JJ went on his annual pilgrimage to magaluffy.

if they were that keen on JJ, you would think they would have tied up a deal before he went.

things like signings and pre season to sort out:rolleyes:.

maroonedinoz

In any other organisation it would be viewed that things had got a little out o fcontrol and that what was needed was an experienced, committed, well respected manager to come in and start soem kind fo 'healing process' even on a temporary watch (say 18 months)to 'steady the ship'.

unfortuantely I'm not sure if Vlad thinks that way.

JJ should be hired immediatley.

He may not win the European cup when in control, but he will at least weed out the overpaid undreperfomers, bring in reasonable players, and having done his job 'steadyng the ship' can walk away satisfied that he has done everything expected of him, and we can move to the next level..

But the 'healing process' has to be carried out first..and who better to do it.

get him signed!

Mister Dee

He would unite the support.

He's a must now.

If VR brings in anyone else, it will be met with fury.

Rawrrrrrrr

If JJ became our new manager it would only pursuade me not to renew

JJ's Killie finished 2nd bottom last season, so what does he rush out and do to sort things for next season, yes thats right signs 2 players from the team that finished below him

JJ is not good enough for hearts, he has a small team mentality and signs pish like Gary Wales, Grant Murray and Abdul Osman

To add to that its like one old boys club and the fact he still plays gary " I cant last 90 mins" locke says it all

JJ would be an awful choice as manager

maroonedinoz

JJ's Killie finished 2nd bottom last season, so what does he rush out and do to sort things for next season, yes thats right signs 2 players from the team that finished below him

JJ is not good enough for hearts, he has a small team mentality and signs pish like Gary Wales, Grant Murray and Abdul Osman

To add to that its like one old boys club and the fact he still plays gary " I cant last 90 mins" locke says it all

Football is of course about opinions and you are perfectly entitled to yours.

However I don't see us having th eluxury of a huge list of potential candidates breaking down Vlad's door for the job.

Even at this late stage

Or maybe you are privvy to info that I am not...so who do you suggest if not JJ?

Rawrrrrrrr
Football is of course about opinions and you are perfectly entitled to yours.

However I don't see us having th eluxury of a huge list of potential candidates breaking down Vlad's door for the job.

Even at this late stage

Or maybe you are privvy to info that I am not...so who do you suggest if not JJ?

I would prefer we went for someone who was young and unproven over a proven diddy

JJ's management career of the last decade is terrible, If we have to slum it I would much prefer we went for a manager like billy reid, owen coyle, derek mccinnes, john hughes who actually have something to prove.

JJ is nothing other than a publicity stunt as he is popular with the fans

If we cant do better it just says it all about what vlad has done to this club

Fat Striker

Surely you must admit though as things stand a Jefferies appointment is becoming more appealing as each painful 'managerless' day goes by.

Would you prefer it if we resorted to Frail or someone from the 'pyramid'?

I'm not saying it's ideal but I think we've backed ourselves into a corner and Jefferies is a decent option.

All very predictable from you Prancer. Take a view which has broad support and then oppose it.

JJ is no worldbeater but he won us our first trophy for 50 bloody years. Bring it on JJ !

So what happens if you wein the league, are you taking a backwards step if you sign someone from below you in the league? Just because Gretan finished bottom, it doesn't mean they couldn't have one or two players to improve a second bottom team.

JJ may not be the best choice, but to be fair he had horrendous injuries at Killie last season. He lost Boyd last season, then Naismith and Nish this season and was given no funds to replace them.

He has made a lot of mistakes as a manager, but i am sure he has learnt from them and in the current position he would be a step forward for us.

vegas-voss

Yes and we offer a trial to the guy that scored 2 goals in 19 games from the same team as JJ signed these players from.What you fail to mention is Kille have no money whatsoever so JJ is getting what he can good honest pros.

Why does anyone bother to respond to this bozo ?

davieholt has it nailed-on in his post.

Rawrrrrrrr
All very predictable from you Prancer. Take a view which has broad support and then oppose it.

JJ is no worldbeater but he won us our first trophy for 50 bloody years. Bring it on JJ !

I prefer to look to the future than live in the past

JJ has done very little as a manager in a decade

McCann was great for us in his heyday he was terrible this time round

Pressley was a great captain - but now past it

If we sign JJ its nothing other than a sentimental signing to appease a load of mugs

Killie have been awful, injuries apart for a few seasons now

Vlad should be looking for a far better manager than him and if we do need to drop our standards then I would prefer a young manager with ambitons

If JJ is the best we can do, then we should be approaching John Hughes or Billy Reid instead

A dreamteam of JJ and Locke would do nothing for hearts - other than fill us with their old boys club who are not good enough

Christ he probably would even re-sign gary wales

Mister Dee

The problem is, there may be no future to look forward to.

Unless someone comes in & gets the support of the fans & players then we may be in Gretna-esque doo-doo within 2 years.

vegas-voss

If we sign JJ its nothing other than a sentimental signing to appease a load of mugs

Vlad should be looking for a far better manager than him and if we do need to drop our standards then I would prefer a young manager with ambitons

If JJ is the best we can do, then we should be approaching John Hughes or Billy Reid instead

A dreamteam of JJ and Locke would do nothing for hearts - other than fill us with their old boys club who are not good enough

He has done more than any other manager we have been linked to.He has won a trophy and taken Hearts to within a couple of games of winning the league.Mark McGhee has taken Motherwell to 3rd miles behind the top 2 and only 6 pointsd clear of Aberdeen who until they squeezed into the top 6 had a shocking season and failed in both cup compitions

Rawrrrrrrr
He has done more than any other manager we have been linked to.He has won a trophy and taken Hearts to within a couple of games of winning the league.Mark McGhee has taken Motherwell to 3rd miles behind the top 2 and only 6 pointsd clear of Aberdeen who until they squeezed into the top 6 had a shocking season and failed in both cup compitions

Valdas Ivanasukas won us a trophy and took us far in the league:rolleyes:

Anyone who suggests JJ is a good appointment needs to stop living in the past

Comparing what JJ did 10 years ago to what someone did last season is ridicolous

In fact whilst MM took well to third, JJ took killie to 2nd bottom:confused:

brellierlegend

Comparing what JJ did 10 years ago to what someone did last season is ridicolous

Given the choice of Jefferies or that faceless useless clown Korobotchka I would choose JJ everytime. The longer this runs and runs the bigger chance we have of ending up with ANK!

Hopefully not :)

I too look to the future. I reject the comparison with Elvis and McCann since they were players who simply got old. Managers need experience rather than fitness. Robson, Ferguson and even Wattie have proved that you don't need to be young and hungry to be a top class manager.

The future I want involves a team with steel and fire in its belly. If Vlad will loosen the pursestrings enough to allow some class in too then so much the better.

JJ bought some hellish players but he also bought good ones. All managers make mistakes and I would expect JJ to make a few more before he's done. But going to Tynie on a Saturday and knowing that there is someone in the dugout with tactical nouse and belief in his team will do me for now.

Given the choice of Jefferies or that faceless useless clown Korobotchka I would choose JJ everytime. The longer this runs and runs the bigger chance we have of ending up with ANK!

Exactly.

JJ is seeming more and more like the best option available to us.

Imagine he turned us down too....

Rawrrrrrrr

Don't get me wrong I don't want another faceless eastern european

I just dont see JJ as a good appointment, and refuse to celebrate because he was good over a decade ago and isnt the faceless european we suspect we will get

vegas-voss

and what the **** has Billy Reid done in football that makes you think he would be a great choice ?

I dont think this is the right time to risk an unproven manager and in answer to the question " is this how far we have sunk" ?..........sadly I believe it is !

We are not simply rudderless, where a fresh face might liven things up, we are actually SINKING and we need to have all hands to the pumps right now. that is where I believe JJ could do the job. Granted, he doesnt appear to have done much with Killie but they have probably 'outperformed' the likes of the Dons ( the pundits choice as 3rd force :rolleyes: ) in Recent years, pound for pound anyway ?

I would love us to unearth a David Moyes type character but you could count the number of these chaps going about on the fingers of one hand !

JJ wants to come back and we NEED him to come back. I also believe he will feel there is unfinished business here ( having been basically emptied ) and I feel strongly that he would find a new zest for the challenge that awaits him at Tynie

Get it sorted out now :dribble:

Toxteth O'Grady

Over the last 2 seasons our record against Kilmarnock is very poor

With the budget and players available to him being nowhere near what we've had, he must be doing something right.

JJ and Pressley dream team, that'd be good for lots of reasons ;)

the only prima donnas i've seen at tynie is romanov and his clueless puppets.

seriously if mark mcghee is the best romanov can come up with and fail to get him what hope do we have. i doubt jj would be the right appointment to make unless he came with a top class asst. manager/coach. whoever romanov picks i just hope he can put up with all the s**t he'll have to put up with. romanov and his muppets will try to interfere with first team matters and a manager will have to stand firm on telling these clueless fools to but out of things they have no knowledge.

the 1st of january seems a long time ago and the time it's taking romanov to appoint a british style manager shows the world he's looking for another manager who will dance to his tune. there are men out there but we all know they are like romanov, no honour, no pride, no honesty and no ambition.

Gigolo-Aunt

Would be delighted to see JJ back at the club. His record at Kilmarnock is very very good. Last year was a bad one for them as they suffered awful injury problems in a small squad that was always going to struggle after losing Naismith.

ford donald

jj short term maybe 2 yr deal,pressley as his apprentice..be great move for us.you know it makes sense.:)

It's all very well being disrespectful and critical, anyone can do that. Kilmarnock finishing 2nd bottom is not a direct relationship to JJ. By your analogy Alex Fergouson would nvere had got beyond his sacking at East Stirling, Brian Clough would have been finished after Leeds.

MM took Motherwell to third with a far stronger squad that JJ had at Killie. Where Kilmarnock finish in th eprevious season, and where was MM?

JJ isn't the answer. !!

And if he brings that Hubs bassa Brown back, it'll be a sad day.

Don't know if Jeffries would be the right move but he dosen't sign many poor players, at least he gave some promising young players their chance when he was at Hearts. Naysmith being one and most of his foreign signings were terrific for us. Bruno, Adam, Flogel, Rousset, Niemi , and he signed some great prospects from other teams - McCann, Hamilton, Cameron, the list goes on. Our problem now is that until we get a Jeffries type in, loads of promising young players will be missed by us, there's quite a few around and they wouldn't steal wages like some players do now!

Quite simply JJ is a respected figure in the Scottish game ( safe pair of hands, old head, knows the game inside out ..........all that pesh :P ) and his appointment would surely restore OUR credibility overnight !

IMO we need to learn to feckin walk again ........before we ever think about running !

Archived