Best penalty taker

Coco

Best penalty taker?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Best penalty taker?

Miller Jambo 60
We have had some cracking penalty takers over the years.

Robbo, Mickey Cameron, Hartley and even Pressley. Simmons scored a few in a row and all the penalties in the 2006 Cup final were excellently taken. I don't think that Henry Smith would get into the list.

But who is our best penalty taker? My vote would go for Mickey Cameron.

Drew Busby was the man, big toe bash over the keepers head awsome.

MEMORIES

Tommy Brown

Certainly the Buzzbomb took the funniest penalty ever.

Taking the 4th penalty to win a League cup quarter final against Dundee Utd., he went for a blaster and kicked the ground and ball trickled up to McAlpine. Thankfully Bannon scored the last to win the tie.

Bannon was a good penalty kick taker too, apart from kicking the ball out of the ground at the school end in a 0-0 draw with the huns.

I don't have his 'misses' but he did miss one that would have given him his only Premier League hat-trick and one of the fastest ever recorded.

As others have said PH 100% record including the one versus Aberdeen with all the delay.

I wonder how many Hearts players have 100% records from the spot?

A 100% record is not the be all and end all, especially when he has taken a relatively small number. Robertson scored so many penalties for Hearts, and was a regular, reliable penalty taker for years.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I wonder how many Hearts players have 100% records from the spot?

A 100% record is not the be all and end all, especially when he has taken a relatively small number. Robertson scored so many penalties for Hearts, and was a regular, reliable penalty taker for years.

Certainly some bizarre views on this thread based on recent memories like these daft "100Greatest" whatever on TV.

Robbo - Goal machine over hundreds of league matches. He missed about three or four penalties in total.

The man was a genius.

Charlie-Brown

Hartley & Robertson scored more however I voted for Willie Gibson for as well as being proficient from the spot he also played at a time when Hearts had very poor teams & didn't score too many goals nor get that many penalties hence they just seemed more precious when we did score.

Dirk Diggler

It has to be Robbo.

When it comes to putting the ball in the onion bag, whether it be from the penalty spot or otherwise, It has to be Robbo.

Archived