Vlad squandered ?308 million state Lithuanian authorities

CJGJ

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14626874.Vladimir_Romanov_squandered___308m__according_to_Lithuanian_government/

THE former Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov squandered an eye-watering ?308m before going into exile in Russia, according to new figures issued by Lithuanian authorities.

The controversial businessman and banker took control of the Tynecastle club in early 2005 and was largely held responsible for Hearts entering administration in 2013.

But it was the collapse of his bank, Ukio Bankas, that sparked Lithuanian prosecutors to try to bring him to trial.

Bankruptcy administrators in the Baltic nation have finally concluded a long-running investigation as to where the money went when the bank was run by Romanov.

They have reached the verdict that an astonishing sum of ?308,404,676.04p remains unaccounted for and has been plundered by the former owner of the Edinburgh club.

Romanov initially claimed he had suffered a stroke three years ago and was receiving treatment in a Moscow hospital.

But after pictures emerged of him frolicking on a beach in Russia, the Lithuanian government made a formal request to extradite him.

The case went to court two years ago, but the Russian judicial system refused to extradite him and he was allowed to go free.

Little has been heard since then of the one-time publicity-hungry sports fan, who also owned football and basketball clubs in his homeland.

Submarines don't come cheap I suppose....

Especially the ones in the Clyde.

He continues to roam free in the wilds of Russia. Run and never stop, Vlad!

Stephen Muddie

I doubt he squandered any TBH. Il ne regrette rien.

Made a mug out of 'debt is money'.

Unknown user

I doubt he squandered any TBH. Il ne regrette rien.

Made a mug out of 'debt is money'.

If I'd embezzled 300 million Tynie would be amaaaaaazing and we'd have a league trophy or 5 to sing about. I probably wouldn't have hired Graeme Rix either.

Sounds squandered to me!

Stephen Muddie

If I'd embezzled 300 million Tynie would be amaaaaaazing and we'd have a league trophy or 5 to sing about. I probably wouldn't have hired Graeme Rix either.

Sounds squandered to me!

:laugh:

I know that we are big Hearts fanatics and all, but he is not. All he had to do was skim enough of the various borrowed monies to disappear forever with. Looks like he's winning so far.

The Hibs.nut experts will be wetting themselves with excitement.

Stephen Muddie

:glorious:

I near pish myself every time I see his cheeky grin. For someone whose antics nearly cost us our club, I do adore him. It's irrational, but there we are.

From Jambos 4 Justice onwards, some ride. We will never see his likes again.

The Hibs.nut experts will be wetting themselves with excitement.

It'll be my choice of reading for a few days. I can already hear panty elastic snapping nearly ten miles away.

Stephen Muddie

Is it too soon to mention that he saved the club?

:smug:

Not at all.

The new stand should be renamed the King Vladimir IMO

Puddin pullers will be out in force imminently whacking themselves into a frenzy at the mere mention of the Russian

Rudolf's Mate

Am I the only person seething at this revelation?

We could have been in the champions league group stages with that kind of cash!

Unknown user

Am I the only person seething at this revelation?

We could have been in the champions league group stages with that kind of cash!

No I'm surprisingly irritated by this too

Puddin pullers will be out in force imminently whacking themselves into a frenzy at the mere mention of the Russian

Most are at it. He did give the Club a stay of execution though. Then the fans came along and saved the Club.

Footballfirst

Romanov's debt reductions                    
16-Nov-05    2,000,000    (SMG) Loan stock + interest forgiveness            
31-Jul-08    12,000,000    Debt for equity swap            
31-Jul-10    5,926,000    Related party forgiveness            
31-Jul-10    1,255,000    Parent Company forgiveness            
31-Jul-10    721,000    (SMG) Loan stock forgiveness            
11-Nov-10    10,000,000    Debt for equity swap            
30-Jun-12    8,804,000    Parent Company forgiveness            
Grand Total  40,706,000                

Add to that another ?17.5M surplus on player trading and the total that was "squandered" on Hearts reaches ?58M.  That's at a comparable annual level to what SDM "squandered" from BOS an other loans on Rangers

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If it wasn't for romanov we wouldn't have tynecastle not to mention so many 5-1 or Skacel. You could forget about Hartley. He would have been off to Celtic long before he could score a hat-trick against Hibs in a Scottish cup Semi.

You can take that to the ****ing bank, not UKIO, though. ;)

BangkokHearts

His statue should be atop a column and rotate to face the sun at all times of the day.

Or we could name the new stand after him?

Bridge of Djoum

We should have an official Vladimir Romanov day. Some date significant to his tenure.

Michael_Jackson

I take great joy in imagining him sitting with a pina colada on a beach watching our European games with a fond grandfatherly/playboy smile.

ToadKiller Dog

Shame he will never be able to leave Russia , would be great to have the great man back to open the new stand and see his dream come true .

Watt-Zeefuik

You'd think after all this time I could actually sort out who was serious and who was on the wind up, but I'm not the sharpest spoon in the drawer...

Stephen Muddie

Hope he comes to the Krasnodar away game (if we make it *touches wood*). A Euro away trip was how it all started, would be fitting. Will never forget the unbelievable feeling in Portugal to hear that Pieman was about to GTF and we were not going to Muddyfield.

When is the statue going up? Our greatest leader. Stuck it to the man. :glorious:

Seymour M Hersh

Romanov's debt reductions                    

16-Nov-05    2,000,000    (SMG) Loan stock + interest forgiveness            

31-Jul-08    12,000,000    Debt for equity swap            

31-Jul-10    5,926,000    Related party forgiveness            

31-Jul-10    1,255,000    Parent Company forgiveness            

31-Jul-10    721,000    (SMG) Loan stock forgiveness            

11-Nov-10    10,000,000    Debt for equity swap            

30-Jun-12    8,804,000    Parent Company forgiveness            

Grand Total  40,706,000                

Add to that another ?17.5M surplus on player trading and the total that was "squandered" on Hearts reaches ?58M.  That's at a comparable annual level to what SDM "squandered" from BOS an other loans on Rangers

Any "exclusives" in the Herald (or any of the smsm) about that?

We should have an official Vladimir Romanov day. Some date significant to his tenure.

19th of may?

Charlie-Brown

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

God bless Mr Romanov wherever he may be...it was fun whilst it lasted. ?

Some people have short memories. Whilst he undoubtedly lavished many millions of pounds on Hearts during the period of his tenure, he was a megalomaniac who arrogantly (but wrongly) assumed he was qualified to identify quality players to improve an ever increasing squad. The reality was that the quality of those players, particularly the vast majority of the dozens of Lithuanians brought in, was nothing short of abysmal, and certainly no better than what was already available in Scotland. Vlad's interference/meddling didn't stop there, as he was also renowned for team selection in a bumbling, amateurish sort of way that smacked of a childish "it's my money and I'll do what I want" stylee. Who knows what we might have won if the professionals were allowed to do their jobs unhindered, George Burley being a case in point. Let's also not forget that whilst Vlad may have saved the club when he took over, he almost killed the club as he was leaving. I credit him for standing up to the GFA, but little else.

Stay safe King Vlad, brought the ex Soviet navy to Hampden to celebrate our cup win too.

Still at Tynie, smashed the wee team 1-5 in the biggest derby ever and looked class in his kilt.

Told the corrupt SFA that they looked after only two sides in Scotland and that they were corrupt.

Look after him president Putin, you have a gem there.

manaliveits105

He didnt screw any UK banks or tax payers unlike hibernian fc though

Vlad hated the hobos too

manaliveits105

He didnt screw any UK banks or tax payers unlike hibernian fc though

Vlad hated the hobos too

Archived