Calum Elliot : the mith revealed???? Hell no But discussed!!! We can only hope....

gillsjambo29

Where did itall go wrong for Clum???  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Where did itall go wrong for Clum???

• He Never Had It
    • Motherwell Move Ruined Him
    • Cup Final Was The Key
    • Wot You Talkin About? Clum Is A God

gillsjambo29

CLUM is a difficult subjet between hearts fans, some choose to see the potential shown in games against celtic and hibs to portry his talent, others people thnink he is plain gash. f

or the record i genuiely believe there is a player in there somewhere but i don't think we will evel see him again.

much has been made of his failled trip to motherwell as the begining of his downfall however i believe that his downturn began much earlier with his exclusion from the cup final 2006 squad. Having played every other round in the tournament i believe that this was the catalyst that sparked his downturn. I believe that this dissapiontement was the main reason thst calum never rached is potential for hearts.(though if you wish to debate this i am open to counter arguments)

for the record i am not arguing that ellloit is good enugh for hearts. Havig watched hmfor the last two seasons I believe the exact opposite. however i have a different view towards the demise of a promising youth and i would like to hear the opinions of othe kbkers, not simply to say that clum is (your words here)<- less than good.

and hoepfully to say that our future development has learned a valuble lesson!!!!

i look forward to your responses.

Charlie-Brown
don't post when you've drank too much booze. :)

How I can even post that^^ is a travesty :P

Lochend Brazil

Callum seemed to have the talent/attitude when he first broke onto the scene but for some reason he seems to have went backwards rather than progressing. Not sure if its to do with life style or attitude(I am Mr Hearts now). i still think there is a player in him but he seems to choose to go say left when he should go right and vice versa to often, maybe with the correct coaching the problem can be solved.

stawberry2

I didn`t know how to vote to be honest, l think if he would just keep his head up and get on in games instead of acting like a 2 year old when things don`t go his way, he might come good (god to much drink) send him to come dancing instead ;) will we ever find out what he could become, or is what we seen is the best l really don`t know

Wish him all the best for the future but simply not good enough for Hearts.

A shame, as I'm in the more Scots the better school of thought but there are limits.

Graham Thomson

me being a salvi man, and callum being an ex salvi player, we have had him at player of the year awards, and he is a great guy, no doubt he has talent, i personally think the loan move to motherwell, shattered his confidence, and he has never recovered since, and the treatment of Hearts fans to him, has been totally obsene, when u bear in mind, the amount of non triers we have had at the club, recently, for what its worth, Callum probably is not good enough, for Hearts first team, but i respect him, and wish him all the best..

gillsjambo29

i've dramk way too much booze but that dosn't stop most people here from contributing so i'll carry on but only if i get yor permisssion :P

Snake Plissken

I never really rated him - still living off a good couple of months at the start of 2006.

Would like to see him come good but just don't - first/seconds division beckons for Clum

gillsjambo29
, i personally think the loan move to motherwell, shattered his confidence, and he has never recovered since, ..

I believe that is the basis of my argument and the piont of my thread as i believe that calum was doomed to fail at hearts even before he left for moherwell wven if he himself did no realise it.It is not a genral opinion i have seen on kickback and i wondered if it had some credibility of if i should i go back to smelling substanses out of bags:confused:!!!!

was thrown in too early, did well to begin with ( against falkirk at home is all i can think of). so our moronic management decided to put tons of pressure on him and throw him in and make him our number 1 striker............he didn't do too well so we all hated him and that is how it still is. Not his fault, not our fault, but guess what the establishments fault.

as for the video, nothing to do with his footballing ability, but FFS calum think before you drink before you...................

rossi_1983

Janny made him look good!

He is too slow both mentally and physically to make it as a top player. DOn't think his attitude on and off the park helps him either!

cosanostra
Janny made him look good!

He is too slow both mentally and physically to make it as a top player. DOn't think his attitude on and off the park helps him either!

About sums it up.

Being an average player in a good team flattered him. Now that he has to fend for himself, he clearly is not good enough. This guy should be nowhere near the Heart first team, ever, for any reason.

Watched him when he played here for Scotland here, didn't really get a chance to see his football talent because all he done when I saw him was yak yak yak, complain and huff. If he was to be given the benefit of the doubt I would suggest that what he needs is a hard taskmaster who disciplines him for petulance, but encourages him to play good football. He must have something, at least something that others see or why else would he even be considered for a Scotland place.

Probably after the Motherwell loan the worst thing that happened to him was Frails constant praise, it may have been a nice guy thing, but is not what Elliot needs at this time. Tough love is the answer.;)

He is an average player going through a bad stage.

So I guess that would make him

Average?Bad = Guff

GHTF

Give Makela a chance If we don't sign anyone during the summer, at least he knows how to score.

The only scoring Clum is gonna do is in CC Blooms, and even then it will probably still involve Rohypnol or GHB.

Or use Firefox with spellchecker!!!!

I think he is better off away.

grumpyespana

No surprise there Elliot is like hundreds of young footballers all over, show promise at a early age then disappear. He can try to get on with Bruce Forsyth on that dancing programme because he is not near good enough for us jambos.

cannot believ somebody suggested makela deserves a chance have you not read how bad this boy really is. clum is brutal but makela is right up there with him. how do i know you may ask, cause i have seen him in the reserves on several occasions and he is comical end of

Clum has never had it.

He's slow, stupid and has very little technical ability.

Compare him with Glenn. Case closed.

No guidance.

Many young players need experienced players, coaches and managers to help then develop as players and as people. At Hearts we don't have this.

wilson_hmfc

Too many people hold a personal grudge against calum for his poor performances. The whole team was gash with zero creativity and 30 defensive midfield players playing! This is never going to help a striker especially a striker that needs confidence. Yes he has played poorly most of the season, however, the boy has a good touch and a good footballing brain. However, he lacks pace and at the moment he has no confidence and i feel if we can get a manager in place to help him gain some confidence, bang in a few in pre-season then we will see a different player next season!

Guest jambomickey

his main problem is his attitude and he,s very lazy, his confidence also been shattered, time for him to go

h

Ba Baracus

i dont think its a case of not good enough for hearts, we are rank just now. Quite simply he is not good enough, rarely have i seen a striker who looks less likely to score than him, looks stupid plays like a spoilt child and generally annoys me to be honest.

rudi_is_a_goal_machine
Clum has never had it.

He's slow, stupid and has very little technical ability.

Compare him with Glenn. Case closed.

see thats our problem, some youngster comes in and has a couple of good games and we think he's a wonderkid. happens regularly at hearts. and when the player doesnt perform we shout and moan.

When your a youngster as well, u need to be coached well in order to improve and we all know the situation was like at the club when he started to break into the first team, its not as if you could build a rapport with your manager/coaching staff because they were barely there for 3months.

hearts_crazy

Utterly gash, end of story, never saw any potential in him myself. Not a footballer never mind a professional one FFS. If he was playing that shet in any other team in the World he would have been droppped right down to the under 5s. At Hearts we not only persevered with him but our stand-in 'Manager' kept telling us how super dooper he is and how he tries really really hard in training etc. Calum Elliot is a classic example of what is wrong with Hearts at the moment

his main problem is his attitude and he,s very lazy, his confidence also been shattered, time for him to go

h

i'm here to save the day for calum, tired haha all he does is run about the pitch for the whole time that he survives that makes him lazy? aye ok,

right number 2 , calum has had more than one decent performance and i can mae a few, inverness away? Celtic Home? Falkirk( has been mentioned ) his demise i think is when PhRe33ley left? thats one thats not been thrown into the cauldron has it....

Next Season We Will See A Bigger Better Calum Elliot:)

why flame posts if it's got nothing to do with the topic?

get a life post something that contributes, to other peoples views maybe just a tip.

why flame posts if it's got nothing to do with the topic?

get a life post something that contributes, to other peoples views maybe just a tip.

33_15_10---Fire-Flame-Texture_web.jpg

such waste of space you are, just under 7,500 posts how many of them were a load eh ****3? probably all, whats your views on calum ? or do you not know much about football

such waste of space you are, just under 7,500 posts how many of them were a load eh ****3? probably all, whats your views on calum ? or do you not know much about football

Most were sensible or at least relevant.

My views on Calum: I think he needs to leave, for the good of himself. He's stagnated here and would benefit from a move. There's more to him than we've seen recently, but I think he may be better off elsewhere. As would we.

And I know a fair whack about football.

Howzat.

Here's a picture of a tractor:

Tractor%20Shaped%20Board%20Book.jpg

Most were sensible or at least relevant.

My views on Calum: I think he needs to leave, for the good of himself. He's stagnated here and would benefit from a move. There's more to him than we've seen recently, but I think he may be better off elsewhere. As would we.

And I know a fair whack about football.

Howzat.

Here's a picture of a tractor:

Tractor%20Shaped%20Board%20Book.jpg

I beg to differ. :P

A lot of them were funny tho!

I beg to differ. :P

A lot of them were funny tho!

That post was as if I've died!:laugh:

A fair amount were relevant in some way. Others I could find a tedious link to the subject for.

Like this one.

Calum Elliot

= Relevancy.

What's a mith?

Is that as in "Aw ****, he's mithed again" or "Aw ****, I'm pithed again"?

The boy has had one good game (Celtic 1-1-06) for Hearts. Motherwell completely ruined him so I voted for that but was tempted to vote that he never had it.

What's a mith?

Is that as in "Aw ****, he's mithed again" or "Aw ****, I'm pithed again"?

The boy has had one good game (Celtic 1-1-06) for Hearts. Motherwell completely ruined him so I voted for that but was tempted to vote that he never had it.

And I was told my Chrith Eubank post didnt contribute.

Shaggy's just backed up my thoughts. Kinda.

Archived