The Open.

Irufushi

It's almost here people! :pleasing:

Not backed anyone yet, what's everyone's fancy?

Love that sky have got it, non stop coverage of all 4 days.

Have paid next to no attention on the build up to this.

So I will stick my tenner on Oosthuizen as usual!

Ryan Jarman

Some of the 1st/2nd round groups: 

Spieth, Rose & Lowry

Day, Fowler & Willett

McIlroy, Matsuyama & Bubba

Zach Johnson, Scott & Stenson

Mickelson, Westwood & Els

:sweeet:

Looks like a fairly steady wind is forecast for all four days, Friday looking the worst with a fair amount of rain on the way.

Can't wait, week off work too, bonus.

Rudolf's Mate

I'll cover a few outsiders as per but not decided on my main guy yet.

Jiminez is backed ew after I bet on him in error a few years back and he won me some cash.

Off to this on Friday looking forward to it and a few beers.

Betting wise no idea Stenson is always my outside shot.

Midloth_Iain

a South African each way bet.

Not sure who but probably go with Oosthuizen or Grace

and maybe Brandt Snedeker 

Captain America

I am going on Saturday. Can't wait was at St. Andrews on the Sunday last year and loved it.

Thinking Mickelson or GMac.

Usual bet placed on Westwood.

Hoping Monty makes the cut.

Pit mine on last week

Gmac at 80/1

Sullivan at 100/1

Watched the sky coverage at the practice range today, loving how sky have it now

Pit mine on last week

Gmac at 80/1

Sullivan at 100/1

Watched the sky coverage at the practice range today, loving how sky have it now

If mcdowell can get his putter going he has a real chance. 80/1 is tempting, as much as I don't like him.

Rudolf's Mate

If mcdowell can get his putter going he has a real chance. 80/1 is tempting, as much as I don't like him.

I fancied him as well.

Leaning towards Oosthuizen as my main bet however I've chucked a whopping ?5 (total) on the following:

Manassero - 176/1

Lawrie - 401/1

Jimenez - 401/1

Gay - 751/1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jason Day will be up there. He plays some beautiful golf, and I think he'll cope with a true links test.

Not sure about Rory. I feel he was too harsh with his comments about Castle Stuart not being challenging enough (600 yard par 5 into a gusting wind? Come on!). Plus the whole helicopter to and from the course each day, he's a bit over the top lately.

Will be interesting to see how Willet's game fairs now he's a major winner in Open conditions.

I really love links golf. The wind, the fast terrain, the beautiful setting. I've booked Thurs and Fri off work, plan to watch it on the telly one day and take a trip to Troon the other. Cannae wait!

Jason Day will be up there. He plays some beautiful golf, and I think he'll cope with a true links test.

Not sure about Rory. I feel he was too harsh with his comments about Castle Stuart not being challenging enough (600 yard par 5 into a gusting wind? Come on!). Plus the whole helicopter to and from the course each day, he's a bit over the top lately.

Will be interesting to see how Willet's game fairs now he's a major winner in Open conditions.

I really love links golf. The wind, the fast terrain, the beautiful setting. I've booked Thurs and Fri off work, plan to watch it on the telly one day and take a trip to Troon the other. Cannae wait!

The course looks fairly soft and green with more rain forecast.....all playing into Sergio's hands

luckyBatistuta

The course looks fairly soft and green with more rain forecast.....all playing into Sergio's hands

Come on Sergio...would love it, if he could win it. On him each way, yet to decide another?

Every major I hope it's Sergio time. Every major he seems to get in the mix and just when he gets near he screws up. :(:D

doctor jambo

I wish it would f?$k right off - 30mph speed restrictions on all our roads after months of roadworks just so some fat men can walk around a field

Jason Dufner

Dufner at 200/1 and Monty at 300/1

Will back a couple more tomorrow.

The Mighty Thor

Sky's Open channel is tremendous.

Remember last year when the BBC put on antiques roadshow?

Sky's Open channel is tremendous.

Remember last year when the BBC put on antiques roadshow?

It's magic eh? Brilliant coverage.

Loving the players in the wee range bit, brandon grace hitting his driver about 15 feet off the ground yesterday :wow: said it'll only carry 250 yards :lol: but on links courses it'll run another 50yards.

Maroon Sailor

Great point. It is brilliant and I can't wait to plonk my arse in front of the TV for four days.

Last year BBC was shambolic but they knew they had lost the contract but that was a piss poor excuse.

I said in last year's The Open thread that they had wrapped their tits in - was the worse coverage of this great tournament I had ever seen.

Pleased SKY snatched it a year earlier than scheduled and put the BBC out of their misery.

Seymour M Hersh

I said in last year's The Open thread that they had wrapped their tits in - was the worse coverage of this great tournament I had ever seen.

Pleased SKY snatched it a year earlier than scheduled and put the BBC out of their misery.

Just a pity the millions who don't or won't buy Sky Sports will be unable to watch live golf.  

I fancy Shane Lowry to do well. Not sure which market I'll back him in ( outright, top euro, top GB&I, maybe top10 finish ). I'll maybe have a small bet in the full list and a bigger one as top GB&I player. Oosthuizen as another bet. Richie Ramsey is an outrageous 250/1. 10/1 for a top 20 finish. 4/1 as top Scottish. 6/5 just to make the cut.

Just a pity the millions who don't or won't buy Sky Sports will be unable to watch live golf.

Like everything else, if you want it you have to pay for it nowadays, sadly.

Backed Justin Rose 35/1 & Martin Kaymer 40/1

Also backed the above without Day,Johnson,McIlroy & Spieth @ 22/1 & 25/1

Not decided on my bets that I will do for my favourite Mr Jiminez, cigar in hand, bottle of Rioja consumed before starting (probably), cool as feck, nothing fazes him. Top 20 probably realistic.

sunblestjambo

Every major I hope it's Sergio time. Every major he seems to get in the mix and just when he gets near he screws up. :(:D

I dread to think how much I've squandered over the years on a 'cheeky wee extra fiver on Sergio to win a major'. More out of hope than anything else. Would love to see him win one but just can't see it. Almost time to deposit myself on the sofa for 96 hours (apart from a wee detour to the diggers tmrw for the hearts game).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gone for EW on the following, 8 places with PP

GMac 66-1

Chris Wood 80-1

Russell Knox 80-1

Scott Piercy 100-1

Right here's mine. Couldn't decide how to spend the token bet I'm prepared to waste. I'm doing this as an interest bet really. Any 4, any 5 and all 6 perm.

Top Irish. Lowry 5/1

Top Italian. Manassero 13/8

Top USA. D.J. 10/3

Top S.African. Oosthuizen 10/3

Top Scot. Ramsay 4/1

Top English. Westwood 6/1

About ?14,000 to return. ?2-3K for 5. ?250 or so for 4.

William H. Bonney

Right here's mine. Couldn't decide how to spend the token bet I'm prepared to waste. I'm doing this as an interest bet really. Any 4, any 5 and all 6 perm.

Top Irish. Lowry 5/1

Top Italian. Manassero 13/8

Top USA. D.J. 10/3

Top S.African. Oosthuizen 10/3

Top Scot. Ramsay 4/1

Top English. Westwood 6/1

About ?14,000 to return. ?2-3K for 5. ?250 or so for 4.

Is mcilroy included in the irish group?

Is mcilroy included in the irish group?

Yes he's 4/7 fav. It's a punt as McIlroy can often blow hot and cold.

The Future's Maroon

My main bet is Lowry 5/1, also a cheeky fiver e/w on Scott Piercy 100/1

William H. Bonney

No, its a good bet. You're right, mcilroy could easily miss the cut, or be 10 in front friday night. He can be an infuriating player.

Ryan Jarman

20 quid split between these, all outright: 

Spieth

F. Molinari

Garcia

Grace

Oosthuizen

Fitzpatrick

Hend

Maroon Sailor

Shinkwin 500/1

Westwood 40/1

Sergio 25/1

Rickie 28/1

Bubba 66/1

G-Mac 100/1

Only had the six

Spieth

Furyk

Sergio

Grace

Matt Fitz

Monty

Will be up at 6-30am to see Monty hit the first shot

luckyBatistuta

My main bet is Lowry 5/1, also a cheeky fiver e/w on Scott Piercy 100/1

Good shout on Piercy mate. I've got him each way at 100/1 too, think he's got a good chance. Also got Adam Scott ew at 20/1 and Sergio at 40/1. I know I'd win more with Piercy, but really want Sergio to win. Think I could possibly have a bubble if he was to win.

I think 5/1 on lowry is ridiculous tbh, almost as ridiculous as 4/7 mcilroy.

Lowry will do well. Mcilroy to miss the cut imo.

Els :facepalm:

Mcdowell

Fitzpatrick

Rose

Z. Johnson

Knox

Oosty

Grace

All to win on the exchange, I fancy colsaerts (spelling?) he found a bit of form last week, can be a really streaky player, and massively long.

The Mighty Thor

The big build up for Monty coming home.......boom double bogey on the first[emoji38]

Archived