People need to get a grip

Bazzas right boot

Absolutely spot on. There's a small minority who are consistently looking for any excuse to lambast Levein, Neilson or Budge. It's tedious, but they do make an awful lot of noise.

Half of them think they are experts because they can do it on fm2016

:cornette:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pathetic, and always the same old faces.  Booing the first competitive game of the season? Have a word cretins.

It's pathetic, and always the same old faces.  Booing the first competitive game of the season? Have a word cretins.

Same old Robbie excuse makers more like....

Absolutely spot on. There's a small minority who are consistently looking for any excuse to lambast Levein, Neilson or Budge. It's tedious, but they do make an awful lot of noise.

"Small minority"???    Think you will find that the vast majority of Hearts fans at the game last night were pretty pissed off with the performance of our team and head coach.

Cretins :cornette:

Cretins :cornette:

Yup, that's the one, all in my own personal opinion, of course:

cretin
?kr?t?n/
noun
plural noun: cretins
  1. 1.
    informaloffensive
    a stupid person 

I do love this 'aye but its our first game - its only june' argument.

We've been training for two weeks. Our last competitive game was a mere 4 weeks prior to the start of that.

The suggestion that professional footballers have somehow forgotten how to play the game and got unfit in 4 weeks is nothing other than laughable.

We knew fine well we were going to be playing a competitive game in june.

lack of match fitness is NOT a valid excuse.

Lack of fitness shouldn't be an excuse, lack of match fitness is relevant. You could see immediately last night which team was match fit and which one wasn't. Six weeks without a game takes the edg of your game at any sport, even bowls. The bit I didn't get was that some of our players looked out on their feet after 60 mins.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

"Small minority"??? Think you will find that the vast majority of Hearts fans at the game last night were pretty pissed off with the performance of our team and head coach.

I heard one complaint about defensive shite but much more about useless ***** who can't pass and plenty about negative ***** who only want to moan. You are less popular than Neilson.

:)

Lincon Premier

As a disabled supporter I rarely get to games these days, and although I was warning caution, as I thought they were better than some on here made out, I was utterly gutted at that insipid display. ( just as well it was cut price ).

The ball over the top caught us out every time and still the players couldn't see it. Paterson is good going forward but he should have seen early on he was needed in defence more than pushing forward.

Sammon and Juanma are not the answer. I thought Juanma was going to be immense for us but it turns out he can't even keep onside! Sammon should have buried that cross at the back post and the number of times we allowed great forward movement to fade away with passing across the back. Nicolson tried some runs but got no out ball and the dead ball is diabolical. Can't get a corner into the danger area, the number of times the ball went right over the box! Free kicks on the edge of the box and not even forcing a save. Shots from outside the box have snow on them when they hit the roof.

OK rant over and all those who claim we are pant wetters waken up! We will never challenge in the league with this type of play. Whether that's down to Robbie or Levein I can't say, but something has to be done and fast!

Remember they only have to score once and they are through. We have to at least match their away goals and seriously needed another one or more last night.

The only saving grace is they will have to come out at home and hopefully leave room for a break away. Not in the least confidant we can go through on that display.

Jammy cokes

Absolute joke that was last night clearly carrying on from where we left off last season. Anymore of performances like that and it'll be the best part of ?600 down the drain!!! No happy

There's issues that are continuing from last season.

We sold 14k tickets because fans wanted to see our new players in action and anticipated a good performance against a decent but smaller Estonian side. Instead, we got reminders of some of our more woeful performances last season.

If we scrap a 0-0 draw away, I doubt we'll be close to selling out for the second qualifier.

Neilson still has my support for now but this season will be much more telling than last.

Might depend on who we sign between now and then.

Last night was really poor but I've followed Hearts for long enough to see us looking very poor (and often losing) against lesser sides in our first proper match of pre season.

Infonet are halfway through their season, second in the league and have won their last five league matches including beating Levadia who are first.

Our guys have been back in training for two weeks and most have probably had about 90 minutes of actual football across two closed door friendlies. We'll make more signings and we'll get match sharp.

It does look like some players aren't enjoying themselves though, and we do serially lack an attacking threat. Players who were great at Championship level are seriously struggling now, and that's not all down to Robbie. Having said that, there's obvious discontent in the stands and it wouldn't surprise me if Robbie doesn't see the season out, one way or another.

Remember getting into this discussion a few years back on here, certain poster in particular slated every single player in our team, slagged off the team, tactics and tipped us for relegation

I felt we started off slowly but had players that were more than capable.....git ripped

Finished the season pumping Hibs 5-1 at hampden.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

And let's not forget the first match in that cup run.

sairyinthat

Most fans definitely were unhappy last night with the performance,however it's very unlikely we will see a repeat in the return game.Probably be stuffy but we will do enough to go through I'm sure.

skinnybob72

I expected us to finish that tie as a contest last night. That's was a team which is the equivalent of a junior team here, or 2nd division at best (please no one tell me they were quite good)

Match fitness and sharpness shouldnt have come into it, however its a handy excuse for those who cant see the wood for the trees.

As it is we now have a precarious lead against a team who will fancy themselves to score against us. Anyone thinking that's anything other than a bad result, including the Robbie fan club ?

We played a junior side in the SC a few years ago - Auchileck Talbot - we won 1-0.

A large number of people in our support look at these draws and if they've not heard of the team it's all predictions of 4-0 and 5-0. Probably the same folk who laughed at England underestimating Iceland the other night.

The Estonians are halfway through their league season, in other words they should be 'match sharp' - we were coming back from the beach. The difference in fitness / sharpness was almost certainly a leveller. Did no-one consider that might be an issue?

I always remember that Scottish sides did well in pre-season friendlies against clearly superior English opposition - but we were always a couple of weeks ahead of them in pre-season and that extra fitness was clearly a factor.

An extra game at the weekend - against Cowdenbeath - will hopefully make a difference to us.

Fenerjambo

Why are the majority of fans not happy?? It's because it's the same inept tactics by the same inept manager who has a half decent side yet toil against a team worthy of being Whitburn juniors! Some of you need to open your eyes on here as our manager can't learn to play against teams having a go at us. Our football is amateur and we get picked off all the time because our game plan is so obvious. Get a manager with at least half a football brain in there who can at least motivate players, another coaching skill this experimental manager can't do. If that doesn't improve big time then by half time on August the 7th it'll be a cricket score and Europe will seem like a long time ago. Absolutely woeful to watch and you can see clearly it's been static for too long.

I do love this 'aye but its our first game - its only june' argument.

We've been training for two weeks. Our last competitive game was a mere 4 weeks prior to the start of that.

The suggestion that professional footballers have somehow forgotten how to play the game and got unfit in 4 weeks is nothing other than laughable.

We knew fine well we were going to be playing a competitive game in june.

lack of match fitness is NOT a valid excuse.

Absolutely. The way some people are justifying it, you would think the whole team had hair returned after 12 months out through injury.

We played a junior side in the SC a few years ago - Auchileck Talbot - we won 1-0.

A large number of people in our support look at these draws and if they've not heard of the team it's all predictions of 4-0 and 5-0. Probably the same folk who laughed at England underestimating Iceland the other night.

The Estonians are halfway through their league season, in other words they should be 'match sharp' - we were coming back from the beach. The difference in fitness / sharpness was almost certainly a leveller. Did no-one consider that might be an issue?

I always remember that Scottish sides did well in pre-season friendlies against clearly superior English opposition - but we were always a couple of weeks ahead of them in pre-season and that extra fitness was clearly a factor.

An extra game at the weekend - against Cowdenbeath - will hopefully make a difference to us.

It is more the performance than the result that irks.

Bazzas right boot

Simply this.

I play 5s,go on holiday for two weeks, come back and I am more mince than normal.

At any level match fitness is huge, those saying otherwise I can only guess have never kicked a ball.

They are also full time, with 4/5 internationas so this junior side comparison is just stupid.

Simply this.

I play 5s,go on holiday for two weeks, come back and I am more mince than normal.

At any level match fitness is huge, those saying otherwise I can only guess have never kicked a ball.

They are also full time, with 4/5 internationas so this junior side comparison is just stupid.

The comparison is stupid, but so is the forgotten how to defend, forgotten how to pass, forgotten how to jump and forgot to how to take a shot.

MacDonald Jardine

Remember getting into this discussion a few years back on here, certain poster in particular slated every single player in our team, slagged off the team, tactics and tipped us for relegation

I felt we started off slowly but had players that were more than capable.....git ripped

Finished the season pumping Hibs 5-1 at hampden.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

We did but were shite in the league.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

The comparison is stupid, but so is the forgotten how to defend, forgotten how to pass, forgotten how to jump and forgot to how to take a shot.

The comparison is not stupid, match fitness is huge (at any level), if you don't understand or know that then as I say I can only guess you have never played.

We won 2-1, so we didn't forget to do the things you list, if we did we would have been soundly beat.

Preseason for as long as I can remember - we are always shi** - Fact

Any breaks in our season I.e after an international break or cancelled game we are also sh** - Fact

Because of this and having only trained 2 weeks, not knowing our opponents or best team yet I expected a kick about and that's what we got

It was pesh to watch but not unexpected, better players will still come in and also we will get fitter. This wee minnow team are 2 places above Celtics CL qualifier opponent and mid season so sharp.

Personally I can't wait for our season to start as we'll have gelled by then, sad truth is we will always have Roasters like last night and on here today- always good for a laugh like having a resident Hobbit pet

Next up the Phoodle chat/ ned banter and mentally challenged plane banners

The comparison is not stupid, match fitness is huge (at any level), if you don't understand or know that then as I say I can only guess you have never played.

We won 2-1, so we didn't forget to do the things you list, if we did we would have been soundly beat.

This.

That mob is well into their season and match sharp. We'll be fine for the second leg.

Big Moysey

I am not a "pantwetter", I am not a "happy clapper", I am a supporter of HMFC that comes on to a fan board that enables fans to voice opinions. That does not mean that every time an opinion is voiced you are immediately pigeon-holed in one camp or another. Kickback used to be tolerant of peoples views, not any more.

Yes there is a massive over reaction to Thursdays result, yes, fitness and match sharpness were lacking, yes, our performance was dire, yes, there were worrying signs that we were slow and laboured, yes there appeared worrying attitudes displayed by some players. No, players on display are not all rubbish, no, sacking Neilson 1 game in is not the answer, no, infonet did not just come to take a pasting, no the fans were not at fault for not singing their hearts out.

You don't need to agree with others views but why the need to slag off or pigeon-hole every poster?

Here's to another great season ahead supporting HMFC!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

To be fair to the negatrons, I think they're just looking at what's in front of their eyes and realising that we're not a top side - and I don't mean a top side in comparison to Barcelona (like the OP said) but a top side in the context of the SPL.

I played from primary school until mid 30's at a decent level, I'm now a coach at a football team in the Ryman league down here. I am 47 and although match fitness is something I would need to google, every training session, I still have a first touch, can still see a pass and can still deliver a dead ball into a danger area with either foot. So clearly the basics most Hearts players got wrong the other night have absolutely nothing to do with being match fit. Perhaps in the last 20 mins when tired and sloppy passes or control can appear, but to fail to deliver a dead ball from 3 yards outside the box into a dangerous area is simply down to ability or confidence or lack of them. I'd like to think it's confidence and that there is something affecting the players behind the scenes, as watching them play the other night was disappointing in the extreme.

I am not a "pantwetter", I am not a "happy clapper", I am a supporter of HMFC that comes on to a fan board that enables fans to voice opinions. That does not mean that every time an opinion is voiced you are immediately pigeon-holed in one camp or another. Kickback used to be tolerant of peoples views, not any more.

Yes there is a massive over reaction to Thursdays result, yes, fitness and match sharpness were lacking, yes, our performance was dire, yes, there were worrying signs that we were slow and laboured, yes there appeared worrying attitudes displayed by some players. No, players on display are not all rubbish, no, sacking Neilson 1 game in is not the answer, no, infonet did not just come to take a pasting, no the fans were not at fault for not singing their hearts out.

You don't need to agree with others views but why the need to slag off or pigeon-hole every poster?

Here's to another great season ahead supporting HMFC!

Very well said.

Both myself & young son will be there all season doing the same- That's what being a Supporter is all about.

We were at the game on Thursday (in F), as we were all leaving there was a guy not far from us (also with a young laddie), clapping & shouting "Well done Hearts, none of this booing your team at home nonsense". I said to him at the time "Well said mate" I don't know if you are on here pal, but I'll say it again- well said & keep supporting your/our team.

chrisyboy7

The best way to explain the game is like this.

Typical pre-season crap but when watching a film do you judge it in the first 5 minutes or see it through to the end.

I see it through to the end. To judge us st the end if the season not in that poor show. It's early doors....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

I played from primary school until mid 30's at a decent level, I'm now a coach at a football team in the Ryman league down here. I am 47 and although match fitness is something I would need to google, every training session, I still have a first touch, can still see a pass and can still deliver a dead ball into a danger area with either foot. So clearly the basics most Hearts players got wrong the other night have absolutely nothing to do with being match fit. Perhaps in the last 20 mins when tired and sloppy passes or control can appear, but to fail to deliver a dead ball from 3 yards outside the box into a dangerous area is simply down to ability or confidence or lack of them. I'd like to think it's confidence and that there is something affecting the players behind the scenes, as watching them play the other night was disappointing in the extreme.

You would also know that winning your first game back, against a team that is halfway into thier season and has 4 internationals is a decent result, and in no way shape or form call's for sacking the manager.

jambojardine7490

A game in June that we won 2-1 yet-

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

We won the game 2-1 in front of a crowd on 14k.

Would we rather have played well and got beat?

Would we rather play in front of 8k fans that sing racist and bigotry songs just so the atmosphere is better?

Can you judge a player after 90 minutes? No you can't.

Manager out after winning a game, the first game? Has that ever happened in football?

Think some need to realise this Hearts, not Barcelona, Not often Scottish teams stroll to 4/5 wins now against anyone in Europe.

Players need more than 1 game in June to be judged.

We are meant to be supporters, that means supporting the team and players, not foaming at the mouth every time they don't play like Barcelona.

As for the fans, if you want a noisy support who are not family friendly , then I can think of at least two clubs that will fit the bill for you.

We won the game, if we go through no one will care, job done, we are half way there to doing the job.

If we get beat, then I could maybe understand a negative reaction, but not after we won the game.

Quite frankly. Yes

You would also know that winning your first game back, against a team that is halfway into thier season and has 4 internationals is a decent result, and in no way shape or form call's for sacking the manager.

At no point have or or would I call for a coach to be sacked but if you truly believe that performance was due to lack of match fitness and not something altogether more unsavoury then let's see what unfolds ... Did you at no point see Paterson refuse to pass to Nicholson in several good forward positions while openly arguing with him on the pitch? Oh let me guess, all down to match fitness caused by tiredness etc

ford donald

A manager needs to motivate players,unfortunately we don't have that.

Jambof3tornado

A manager needs to motivate players,unfortunately we don't have that.

I dont think its just that. Our players dont seem to play for each other either.

As per I'll watch our first round of league games before judging harshly or not.

Pretty sure the club isnt as bothered about these euro trips as the fans are, due to the matches interfering with preseason.

I think the situation would be s lot better if some people took a few days away from kickback.

Get laid, go frolicking in a meadow.

Captain Canada

We won't improve much as long as we have a central midfield that's even slower than my mate going to the bar. IMO that has been our major problem over the last couple of seasons.

Spot on. I've been saying this since we were in the Championship.

We need at least one player with drive and pace in there. The likes of Buaben, Cowie and Gomis aren't the answer.

jamboinglasgow

I am almost tempted to quit this place because the reaction to any poor result or performance is so over the top and getting worse each time. There is no reasoned debate. And certain posters are spreading nonsense for little reason.

Just want people to calm down for a bit.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I am almost tempted to quit this place because the reaction to any poor result or performance is so over the top and getting worse each time. There is no reasoned debate. And certain posters are spreading nonsense for little reason.

Just want people to calm down for a bit.

There is a ton of reasoned debate around what many see as a glaring weakness in our setup that could be improved with almost no upheaval. If you can't see that and instead see all 'negativity' as just one giant mass then maybe internet forums aren't the best place to spend your time anyway.

jamboinglasgow

There is a ton of reasoned debate around what many see as a glaring weakness in our setup that could be improved with almost no upheaval. If you can't see that and instead see all 'negativity' as just one giant mass then maybe internet forums aren't the best place to spend your time anyway.

Maybe I am not going in those threads, the ones I am going into are already saying that we wont do anything this season, Robbie should go, Levein is controlling everything etc. Maybe I should change my post to those posters. 

Son Of Anarchy

Maybe I am not going in those threads, the ones I am going into are already saying that we wont do anything this season, Robbie should go, Levein is controlling everything etc. Maybe I should change my post to those posters.

Why not find posts you disagree with and give your opinion?

It should have been ten

A game in June that we won 2-1 yet-

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

We won the game  2-1 in front of a crowd on 14k.

Would we rather play in front of 8k fans that sing racist and bigotry songs just so the atmosphere is better?

Can you judge a player after 90 minutes? No you can't.

Manager out after winning a game, the first game? Has that ever happened in football?

Think some need to realise this Hearts, not Barcelona, Not often Scottish teams stroll to 4/5 wins now against anyone in Europe.

Players need more than 1 game in June to be judged.

We are meant to be supporters, that means supporting the team and players, not foaming at the mouth every time they don't play like Barcelona.

As for the fans, if you want a noisy support who are not family friendly , then I can think of at least two clubs that will fit the bill for you.

We won the game, if we go through no one will care, job done, we are half way there to doing the job.

If we get beat, then I could maybe understand a negative  reaction, but not after we won the game.

In a nutshell

FarmerTweedy

Sorry, but they've been 'off' for 4 weeks between last competitive game and start of training, and i'm pretty sure that during those 4 weeks the players will have had their own training regime's to keep to.

The point i'm making is that I don't believe that in 4 weeks 'off', with training of your own, you lose match fitness or forget how to kick a baw. Sorry, you just don't.

You might not believe it, but it's true anyway.

Players won't have been sitting with their feet up stuffing their faces with pies, crisps, etc in the break, but they won't have been training hard either, rather they'll have been doing a modest amount to stop their fitness levels from dropping too much while also giving their bodies a chance to rest and repair themselves after a long season (without that R&R, they'd have all sorts of injury problems over the coming season). They'll have come back well short of match fitness and it takes a good bit longer than two weeks to get back what they'll have dropped in four weeks off.

I know some people think we should have been at full fitness for that game, but we'd only have been able to manage that by not giving the players a proper break between seasons, and that would have just been storing up problems for later in the season. The reality is the players won't be fully match fit for at least another two or three weeks, although they'll be closer to it this coming Wednesday than they were on Thursday. If we don't do enough on Wednesday to get through, questions will be rightly asked about whether we should have started preseason a bit earlier, likewise if we get through but lose in the next round and still look well short of fitness compared to the opposition (we should be getting close to full fitness by that time, especially by the 2nd leg).

I don't deny that performances weren't good enough in the latter part of last season, and that if we don't see significant improvement next season there will have to be a change, but a fortnight into preseason is not the time to be judging performances and making decisions like that. Instead, we should wait and see what performances are like over the first few weeks once the league campaign starts and if there isn't improvement by then, that's the time we should be looking at making a change (IMO of course).

FarmerTweedy

I liked their high pressing up the park and quick tempo!!!

Sort of reminded me how we started the championship season like.

I said to my laddie and his pal, they won't keep that level of pressing up the whole game as they'll tire and we will get at them.

The problem was, we looked the tired team late on and not them!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would have been astonishing if that wasn't the case - when a team that's well into its league season plays a team that's a fortnight into preseason, there's only ever going to be one of those teams that looks tired late on, and it's not going to be the former.

FarmerTweedy

Lack of fitness shouldn't be an excuse, lack of match fitness is relevant. You could see immediately last night which team was match fit and which one wasn't. Six weeks without a game takes the edg of your game at any sport, even bowls. The bit I didn't get was that some of our players looked out on their feet after 60 mins.

That's what lack of match fitness does for you. It's extremely difficult, if not downright impossible, to replicate the demands of a full match situation in training. The intensity, the concentration required (which does tire you out, even if it doesn't seem like physical activity), the effect of physical challenges from opponents, etc, all take more out of players in a competitive match than any training session will. If we were playing a preseason friendly about three weeks into preseason, nobody would be batting an eyelid if players were knackered after an hour. I know it wasn't a friendly on Thursday, but to have the players fully fit at this point, we'd have had to have about a two or three week break at most after last season, which would have been asking for trouble with injuries and fatigue further into the coming season, and even then we might well have difficulties finding suitable opposition for friendly matches that early as almost other clubs in leagues that run roughly from August to May wouldn't even have started preseason, while most clubs in leagues running from roughly March to November would be busy with competitive games and not interested in playing friendlies.

FarmerTweedy

Why are the majority of fans not happy?? It's because it's the same inept tactics by the same inept manager who has a half decent side yet toil against a team worthy of being Whitburn juniors! Some of you need to open your eyes on here as our manager can't learn to play against teams having a go at us. Our football is amateur and we get picked off all the time because our game plan is so obvious. Get a manager with at least half a football brain in there who can at least motivate players, another coaching skill this experimental manager can't do. If that doesn't improve big time then by half time on August the 7th it'll be a cricket score and Europe will seem like a long time ago. Absolutely woeful to watch and you can see clearly it's been static for too long.

:cornette:

They're foreign and I've never heard of them so they must be the standard of some randomly selected junior team in Scotland!

:facepalm:

FarmerTweedy

Training sessions are a world away from competitive matches.

Having taken a couple of days to consider what was a dire performance there's no denying that the team deserve to be criticised. While some people are coming at this with a wider Neilson out agenda there are serious questions about the pace we play at, set pieces (we can't even settle on a player to shoot at goal) and tactics. They deserve to be discussed.

FarmerTweedy

The best way to explain the game is like this.

Typical pre-season crap but when watching a film do you judge it in the first 5 minutes or see it through to the end.

I see it through to the end. To judge us st the end if the season not in that poor show. It's early doors....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the type of film!!!

siegementality

The entitlement of some fans is rotten, especially given all that's happened in recent history.

Could it be that Infonet are maybe just a lot better than any of us gave them credit for? We all wrote them off as a diddy team right at the draw. They're a fully fit team in good form. Doesn't matter how poor a league they play in, teams always get up for big games, and this was the biggest game in their history.

Anybody who thinks we would have humped them 7-0 is dreaming.

I think the vast majority of people - quite rightly - were just expecting professional football players to be fit and string more than three passes together. By that I mean Hearts.

Enzo Chiefo

Wasn't at the game as I was over at Contalmaison yesterday. However, it seems to be clear that some of our younger players appeared to be uninterested or short of fitness. Is it not about time that players like Patterson and Nicholson were dropped or, alternatively, ordered to run round Arthur's Seat a couple of times before sweeping the stands? Honestly, pampered players like that would never have been anywhere near professional football about 20 or 30 years ago.

Jambof3tornado

Wasn't at the game as I was over at Contalmaison yesterday. However, it seems to be clear that some of our younger players appeared to be uninterested or short of fitness. Is it not about time that players like Patterson and Nicholson were dropped or, alternatively, ordered to run round Arthur's Seat a couple of times before sweeping the stands? Honestly, pampered players like that would never have been anywhere near professional football about 20 or 30 years ago.

Yup. Our championship season meant several younger lads thought they had made it. If some arent careful Hearts will be the pinnacle of their careers.

A few weeks cleaning boots should do the trick!!

Seriously though, they get too much too young.

Archived