2nd Leg

richiehmfc

It's based on them being a pub team.

There was only one pub team on the park last night and it wasnt them.

Jambof3tornado

There was only one pub team on the park last night and it wasnt them.

To be honest the standard was poor from both sides.

2 pub teams on display.

oh ah grantona

Last night was a typical Robbie neilson match we were far too cautious.

Yes it's early but they posed a threat last night due to the way we played, if they had s decent striker they could have been out of sight at HT.

The 2nd leg will be approached to go over and get a draw or sneak a 1-0

We should have been looking to take a comfortable lead over to Estonia giving us opportunity to use squad better.

As bad as we were last night, I think we will progress.

Infonet have to score (they look capable but hopefully with Rossi in for Souttar we will tighten up at back) and will leave gaps.

Only once this season (0-0 draw) have the opposition not managed to score v Infonet when Infonet are the home team.

I think we are out, I am literally just going over for the piss up. sad but true.

I know you were there in Hungary but you can remember the Paks game yeah?

JJ incharge of a dreadful display also.

August Landmesser

We'll go through. We know what to expect from Infonet now, no surprises.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

If we get beat , I'm changing my service provider, no way I am giving them money if they put us out?

portobellojambo1

Last night was pretty eye bleeding stuff but I didn't see anything from them that makes me think we will not go over their and get a result, that game will have done us the world of good fitness wise.

Next week we will be sharper and the players will know what to expect from them. They will also not sit back the full game and hit on the break. I am pretty confident we will get a result over there to go through.

I agree with you that the team we played on Thursday night were no great shakes. On the night they did look better than us with the ball at their feet, but it is something you can put down to where we are at in terms of returning from the close season. Will they be even more comfortable on their own patch, potentially yes. In getting to Edinburgh the company whom they chartered their flight from went down the toilet the weekend before the game. They players then had to travel in small groups on a number of different flights to get to the UK. They arrived in dribs and drabs and without their team equipment initially and had to borrow equipment from Hearts to train. On the flip we won't encounter these sort of problems on the way out so even if they are more comfortable at home these aspects should balance each other.

I hope the players are sharper over there, but will there be a huge difference, not necessarily, they fly out on Tuesday so we are only talking about another potentially 4  in depth training sessions if they trained Friday and today, tomorrow and Monday. Then we reach the part where it could fall apart. I wish I had your confidence that we will not sit back the full game and hit on the break. When I went along on Thursday night it was the one thing I really wanted to see in comparison with last season and this much lauded learning process. Would Robbie have learned from last season and how and why we performed poorest. I just wanted to see evidence that the method and layout of the team clearly suggested we were going to ditch the stand off approach and be a lot more forward thinking. Unfortunately I didn't and I am not convinced it is something we will adopt over there.

I certainly hope we successfully move through to the next round of the tournament, while conscious they only need to beat us 1-0 to put us out. How we approach the game will make all the difference and I saw nothing on Thursday night to suggest we intend playing with a more offensive approach, either next Wednesday and/or this league season coming.

I think the number of yellow cards they accumulated shows how uncomfortable and desperate they really were just a little bit more pressure on them and they will crack.

Bazzas right boot

If we don't beat them by at least 49 goals, Robbie oot, Anne oot, everyone oot.

Need to keep our discipline, play with a bit more urgency and pace, we'll be OK.

Don't want to be doing anything stupid and going down to 10....

CollyWolly

Given that we can't possibly be as bad in the second leg as we were in the first and that we know a lot more about them now, I expect us to go through. What should have been a comfortable tie has now become a bit precarious though and whether or not we go through, Thursday night was a very worrying level of performance which has shocked a few.

The 'pre-season'excuses being trotted out would have been valid if we had gone at them for 60 minutes and run out of steam. We put hardly anything into that game in terms of pace and pressure. 15 minutes of pace and pressure would have seen them off IMO but We couldn't muster it.

I think we are almost competely devoid of what I would call 'character' at this stage, and that will have to be fixed. I have no confidence that Neilson is the man to instil character. I would go as far as to say if we lose the first goal on Wednesday we'll be behind in the tie and we'll probably go out.

Ferryjambo99

I think the way infonet set up took us by surprise. We expected them to sit in but they came at us with a 3-4-3 that reverted to a 5-4-1 when we attacked. Well have a better idea of how they play and we'll be sharper and fitter than last time. We should go through, if not then that's pretty terrible

CollyWolly

I think the way infonet set up took us by surprise. We expected them to sit in but they came at us with a 3-4-3 that reverted to a 5-4-1 when we attacked. Well have a better idea of how they play and we'll be sharper and fitter than last time. We should go through, if not then that's pretty terrible

Probably not what folk want to admit we should have done but by-passing the midfield and launching it into the mixer every chance we got might have paid off. Sammon is a big unit. They were vulnerable to aerial attacks, but we never used it. You can't play through the middle of a back 5 with a middle 4 sitting just in front of them, man marking when we had the ball. Jesus it's basic.

tynie chris

You should get online & order yourself a liquorice hat for such occasions :)

You can get all sorts of hats on line.

Ok I'll get my hat.

I think the number of yellow cards they accumulated shows how uncomfortable and desperate they really were just a little bit more pressure on them and they will crack.

Not sure I agree tbh. Referee was weak a d was influenced by the crowd on certain decisions. How the Ghanian boy was booked I'll never know.

the general

they were very confident before first leg and must be even more so now

wrote us off as a typical Scottish one dimensional team .................. 

Weve been playing eye bleeding stuff 80% of the time i see no change whilst RN & CL are at this club

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived