Conor Sammon To Sign

WavyGravy

CollyWolly

We need two strikers. If Sammon is one of two then fine. If he's the marquee signing and we don't hunt for another striker, then by feck are we in trouble if that gamble doesn't pay off..

It's a done deal, but the first meeting is tomorrow. 

Sounds right...

Jeezo, 5 year plan to win the league :lol:

Not with us signing huddies like sammon ffs.

AlimOzturk

He has a decent track record record up here.

Could work well with Juanma Imo

Jeezo, 5 year plan to win the league :lol:

Where did you hear that? 

Tommy Brown

Underwhelmed.

It reminds me of when we have tried to sign Lee Bullen. Who was the other one that played for St Mirren the went to Turkey, JJ tried to bring him back.

Totally uninspiring signing, poor man's Juanma.

Bazzas right boot

Give him a chance, could do very well, could be murder.

This one could go either way if we sign him.

Decent signing imo.

Why. I just don't understand why we're setting our standards so low. This signing if it goes ahead is worrying.

Fxxx the SPFL

Looks like we will have the usual differences of opinions kickback wouldn't be kickback without a bit of keyboard bashing. If he rattles in a good few goals I will be happy if not boooooooooooooooooooo.

KineticBeat

We need two strikers. If Sammon is one of two then fine. If he's the marquee signing and we don't hunt for another striker, then by feck are we in trouble if that gamble doesn't pay off..

This.

Gk, LB, ST sign on the 9th which gives us the rest of the summer (or wair ubtil the end of the window for them to come cheaper) to look for a creative midfielder and a star striker

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Are we signing him for the wrong reasons like he's a free agent & his wages will be low.

socrates82

Decent signing if it comes off. Experienced at a much higher level than the SPL, still a good age, recent caps, knows our league, doubt will cost a fortune.

Irish and bald?

Nobody will like him.

Ridiculous.

Welcome Conor, if you come in.

davemclaren

Why. I just don't understand why we're setting our standards so low. This signing if it goes ahead is worrying.

His did well at Killie, moved to the premiership for ?800k then to Derby for ?1.2m. Didn't work out there but Certainly worth a shot for us. What standard of signing were you looking for?

CollyWolly

I don't mind it if he isn't the only striker we sign. He hasn't done much down south but up here he might be good. He is a gamble. Too big a gamble to have all the eggs in his basket. Pretty sure we'll bring in another striker as well as him. If not, worrying to say the least.

His did well at Killie, moved to the premiership for ?800k then to Derby for ?1.2m. Didn't work out there but Certainly worth a shot for us. What standard of signing were you looking for?

:thumbsup:

Rory Mcilroy

People are maybe jumping the gun with the negative comments, granted it's not the most exciting signing ever but this guy could prove to be a gem.

Knows the league, has a decent goals record for killie, puts a shift in, good presence, stealing him from the sheep etc etc....not alot to complain about. Add a Zeefuik esque poacher and the front line would be looking pretty good imo.

kingantti1874

Becuase better players are not in our price range?

Cruyff Turn

He'll be a good signing for us.

Bit like signing a fitter more mobile Kevin Kyle.

Is this the level we are looking to bring in?

On the face of it would be a poor signing, hope to be proved wrong though.

Will need someone to give him better service than our forwards receive now though for him to be a success.

It reminds me of when we have tried to sign Lee Bullen. Who was the other one that played for St Mirren the went to Turkey, JJ tried to bring him back.

Totally uninspiring signing, poor man's Juanma.

Billy Mehmet?

Lol.

If our new strikers are Sammon and Goodwillie.

We'll have stopped making better signings after departures then....

Rory Mcilroy

Oh and Adam Rooney was gash in England, wouldnt imagine there would be a single Hearts supporter who would tutn him down now??

AlimOzturk

Reminds of Kevin Kyle BTW in the style he plays. He was a good player

socrates82

Giovanni Trapattoni said he should be an EPL player not in the Championship when Sammon was with his ROI squad. His words "Quality is quality".  A couple of years ago but still a decent reference! Our options for strikers are limited - if they're getting goals they cost a lot and have a lot of teams interested in them. If they're young and inexperienced it's a risk. Samson seems to tick a lot of boxes - I remember him as a very good player for this league.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Either the best signing ever or the worst......that's how it works?

Uncle Buck

This. An Irish international, has cost over a million pound in the past and scored goals for a poor Kilmarnock side up here.

Why didn't we sign Luis Suarez?

He didn't do that well and the move to the EPL was very leftfield.

For example no team from the EPL will sign Griffiths and he is literally 10 times the player Sammon is.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Giovanni Trapattoni said he should be an EPL player not in the Championship when Sammon was with his ROI squad. His words "Quality is quality".  A couple of years ago but still a decent reference! Our options for strikers are limited - if they're getting goals they cost a lot and have a lot of teams interested in them. If they're young

and inexperienced it's a risk. Samson seems to tick a lot of boxes - I remember him as a very good player for this league.

Wtf does Trapattoni know. The Kickback collective are far more qualified

Oh and Adam Rooney was gash in England, wouldnt imagine there would be a single Hearts supporter who would tutn him down now??

Aye but Sammon wasn't even that brilliant up here.

Wtf does Trapattoni know. The Kickback collective are far more qualified

Sergio wanted to build a team around Scott Robinson TBF....

Tommy Brown

Years Team Apps? (Gls)?

2005?2007 U.C.D. 69 (13)

2008 Derry City 16 (3)

2008?2011 Kilmarnock 65 (17)

2011?2012 Wigan Athletic 32 (1)

2012?2016 Derby County 83 (10)

2014?2015 ? Ipswich Town (loan) 19 (1)

2015 ? Rotherham United (loan) 15 (3)

2015?2016 ? Sheffield United (loan) 27 (5)

Prolific goalscorer he is not, FFS. :sad:

Performance

Always seemed to score against us when a Killie player if I remember correctly. Worth a gamble at SPL level and still has age on his side to be a success at Hearts

davemclaren

He didn't do that well and the move to the EPL was very leftfield.

For example no team from the EPL will sign Griffiths and he is literally 10 times the player Sammon is.

Could explain why we are not signing Griffiths.

kingantti1874

For those who don't want him - who would you suggest we go for? Alternatives please..

Always seemed to score against us when a Killie player if I remember correctly. Worth a gamble at SPL level and still has age on his side to be a success at Hearts

Everyone at Killie scored against us when we played them.

As I recall he had one good 6 month spell at Killie.

I think that was it in his career so far. Poor signing IMO.

Toxteth O'Grady

I wil reserve judgement until he has actually signed and played for us . My memory has trouble from separating him from Colin Nish :rofl:

Could explain why we are not signing Griffiths.

Missed the point.

His move to the EPL was a complete fluke and more down to Martinez taking a punt on a few Scottish bargains than anything.

For those who don't want him - who would you suggest we go for? Alternatives please..

An actual goal scorer other than yet another 1 goals in 3 games striker.

Archived