John Colquhoun

Rab

Jc -Happy days , should be in the hall of fame

Just a matter of time, hopefully BDB !

Oh what I'd give now for a forward line of JC, Robbo and Sandy Clark.

7 minutes away from perfection.

John Colquhoun has SOLD OUT to the man. All that lefty stuff about him in the past.

On a flight he was on last Monday - he didn't pick up the Record or the Scotsman or even the Guardian from the pile of free papers - not John. He was reading the Telegraph and the Mail!

He was never my favourite player - Robbo and Gary Mackay were my favourites in that Hearts team. But on his game he was tremendous.

Already mentioned but his goal Vs Sellick, that McNeil called a fluke, 7/8 minutes injury time. His 2 goals Vs Bandy legs at Feaster Rd including the lazy lob from 35/40 yards, him telling me and a certain poster on hee to get off the pitch after Johnston scored his second at Ibrox. Turning Willie Mller inside out many times infront of the enclosure at Feaster road every time we played down there. His cup final goal wasn't a bad strike either.

japanjambo

:ninja:I couldn't believe it when we got JC for 50 grand! FIFTY GRAND! I got totally wrecked that night! What a bargain! Love the wee man tae bits!

Lynn

Forgot to mention I was at his second debut Vs Berwick midweek the 1st team were in Germany pre season. He came back to us from Sunderland part exchange for Fergie.

Denny Crane
John Colquhoun has SOLD OUT to the man. All that lefty stuff about him in the past.

On a flight he was on last Monday - he didn't pick up the Record or the Scotsman or even the Guardian from the pile of free papers - not John. He was reading the Telegraph and the Mail!

JC was no doubt doing an exercise in 'knowing his enemy'. John Smith often used Telegraph info to throw back at John Major during PM Qs.

Anyway, since when was the Hootsmon a bastion of left-wing journalism?

Denny Crane
I don`t expect a player to wholeheartly change his allegiance. I think it`s possible to play for a rival team and grow tremendous affection.

I know if i was ever lucky enough to play pro but not for Hearts, i`d still be a Hearts fan at the end of my playing days even if i`d played for another team for quite a long time and grew affection for that team.

Steve Fulton i`d guess is similar to JC.

And JC is one of my all time favs. Fantastic winger.

Same with Flogel - a passionate Austria Wien man who will still argue about Galloway's offside goal against his team, but a man who also has a deep affection with Hearts.

I love JC. Quite possibly my favourite player as a kid. Apart from Robbo, obviously.

Would loved to have seen him at Hearts first time round as he was a great player in his second spell, I can't begin to imagine how good he was when he was younger.

Also gave me a fleeting moment of joy at my first cup final in '96, which was nice. Otherwise it was a hollow experience!

JC ultimate legend if any of our so called wingers we had last season were a 1/3 as good as the legend that is JC tehn maybe we would have finished a coulpe of places higher than what we did

To the mutton molesters viewing, at least link to the thread, rather than just copying and pasting ;)

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2129337369

Quite ironic of Tarapoa to refer to Hearts as the biggest bottlers ever when, in one season, Aberdeen lost both cup finals and the league title in the last game.

They're not normal.

Tom Heaney
27_b.jpgJohn Colquhoun - Tynecastle Legend

4) The late winner against defending league champions Aberdeen at Pittodrie in '86.......we thought that would win us the league............the celebrations in that beach end were unbelievable!

All of your points were spot on but #4 was certainly a classic day and summed up that season, even if we didnt win the league. I'll never forget the headlines in the Sun or The Star that Saturday morning. It was a quote from Aberdeen Captain and in big bold letters it read Move Over Hearts And Let The Real Champs Take Over Aye right Wullie....tube

davemclaren
All of your points were spot on but #4 was certainly a classic day and summed up that season, even if we didnt win the league. I'll never forget the headlines in the Sun or The Star that Saturday morning. It was a quote from Aberdeen Captain and in big bold letters it read Move Over Hearts And Let The Real Champs Take Over Aye right Wullie....tube

You've got a great memory I have to say.

I have to say I'll never forget that bus back from Dens till the day I leave this mortal coil. :sad:

Tom Heaney
You've got a great memory I have to say.

I have to say I'll never forget that bus back from Dens till the day I leave this mortal coil. :sad:

Dave, I'll never forget Joe frigging Bastik with his damm ghetto blaster playing the Hearts Song on the way back from Dens, Could have thrown both him and his toy oot the bus

davemclaren
Dave, I'll never forget Joe frigging Bastik with his damm ghetto blaster playing the Hearts Song on the way back from Dens, Could have thrown both him and his toy oot the bus

:rolleyes:

"If we'd won it, we wouldn't have had half the column inches, or half the amount of people talking about us, or half the amount of interviews, or half the amount of media space that we've had because of what happened.

And I would trade it all, every column inch, every interview, everything, to just get a goal with ten minutes to go at Dens Park.

No question.

Because, we deserved it."

Every time I hear him say that, it brings a tear to my eye. It reminds me why I follow Heart of Midlothian.

After following Hearts for the last 25 years and watching some brilliant players, I have to say, John Colquhoun is my all-time favourite Hearts player, what a bit of buisness that was getting him for ?50,000 from Smeltic, if only we had players now that played with the same passion as those from the past we wouldn't be in the sheecht we're in now...happy days!!

Anyone with any reservations about JC is quite simply not a Hearts fan.

Another of his great attributes: almost never injured / fantastic powers of recovery.

Undoubtedly the best winger I've seen in maroon (in over 40 years now). And he played alongside our best ever goal scorer, also with Gary McKay.

Yet so many of our critics wrongly remember the 1986 team as no more than a bunch of players who were well motivated and tried hard without being particularly skillful (was there ever a classier central defensive pairing than Sandy Jardine and Craig Levein?).

So sad that they never won anything better than a place in our hearts.

Denny Crane
Anyone with any reservations about JC is quite simply not a Hearts fan.

Another of his great attributes: almost never injured / fantastic powers of recovery.

Undoubtedly the best winger I've seen in maroon (in over 40 years now). And he played alongside our best ever goal scorer, also with Gary McKay.

Yet so many of our critics wrongly remember the 1986 team as no more than a bunch of players who were well motivated and tried hard without being particularly skillful (was there ever a classier central defensive pairing than Sandy Jardine and Craig Levein?).

So sad that they never won anything better than a place in our hearts.

I believe Levein's partner was Roddy McDonald with Brian Whittaker being cover for both of them.

Drylaw Hearts
I believe Levein's partner was Roddy McDonald with Brian Whittaker being cover for both of them.

You believe wrong.

Hearts Heritage

Don't worry about the facts just make them up.

1985-86 nos 4,5 and 6 were (Levein's games only)

Jardine S MacDonald Levein

Jardine S MacDonald Levein(Sandison 83)

Jardine S(Cherry 45) MacDonald Levein

Jardine S MacDonald(Jardine I 41) Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S(MacDonald R 75) Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Jardine S Berry Levein

Denny Crane

I stand corrected. Interesting to see the Berry stats. For some reason I thought Berry played in midfield. Ah well. Live and learn and all that. Out of interest, what was Roger's role in that nice (but duff ending) season?

I stand corrected. Interesting to see the Berry stats. For some reason I thought Berry played in midfield. Ah well. Live and learn and all that. Out of interest, what was Roger's role in that nice (but duff ending) season?

He was a left back. And Berry did play in midfield (mostly).

The season started to go well for us when McDonald was dropped and Levein (who started out as a midfielder) was moved into central defence. If I remember, that was an away draw to Celtic, being the second game in our amazing unbeaten run.

Hearts played 4 at the back, with central defence of Levein and Jardine. Berry played in midfield that season.

Another interesting fact was that once that partnership had been established, numbers 4 and 6 played in central defence. McDonald was a centre half and would have worn 5. After McDonald dropped out Berry wore 5 but not as a central defender. I always used to think that numbering the team that way was somehow a statement that Hearts central defence was a bit more sophisticated than the average...

No offence to McDonald (who served us well), who re-appeared in the Dens Park game, Levein having gone down with the dreaded bug, but Hearts played their best football with Levein and Jardine at the back.

I last saw Roddy McDonald in his polis uniform, directing traffic outside Hampden the day Airdrie beat us 1-0.

colinmaroon
The season started to go well for us when McDonald was dropped and Levein (who started out as a midfielder) was moved into central defence. If I remember, that was an away draw to Celtic, being the second game in our amazing unbeaten run.

Hearts played 4 at the back, with central defence of Levein and Jardine. Berry played in midfield that season.

Another interesting fact was that once that partnership had been established, numbers 4 and 6 played in central defence. McDonald was a centre half and would have worn 5. After McDonald dropped out Berry wore 5 but not as a central defender. I always used to think that numbering the team that way was somehow a statement that Hearts central defence was a bit more sophisticated than the average...

No offence to McDonald (who served us well), who re-appeared in the Dens Park game, Levein having gone down with the dreaded bug, but Hearts played their best football with Levein and Jardine at the back.

I last saw Roddy McDonald in his polis uniform, directing traffic outside Hampden the day Airdrie beat us 1-0.

We beat Celtic 1-0 having drawn 1-1 with Dundee the week before!!!

I agree, Levein and Jardine were the best combo.

I don't think McDonald was dropped both he and Cowie couldn't play (injury I suspect) and it was the previous game against Dundee when Levein moved into defence.

We didn't draw with Celtic we won 1 -0. John Robertson who was carried off unconsious later on. Friendly challenge from Roy Aitken!!!

Robertson9
JC has an absolute love for the Club but he is still a Celtic supporter. He was asked what his greatest moment in football was and he said playing his first game for Celtic.

This would exclude him in some people's eyes.

Correct and although this may well be down to wires being crossed but he was also asked out of all the clubs he played for what was the best, he did say celtic first but then went on to say the most succesful (possibly enjoyable) was Hearts. Success can mean many things in some people's eyes.

Robertson9
Any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Any idea how ridiculous your "bite" was :hobofish:;)

Skacel'sLeftFoot

3) Battling relegation under Sandy Clark, we went to Easter Road and won 2-0 with JC scoring both. The first of these was an amazing 30 yard lob over Jim Leighton at the Dunbar End..........

.......I shouted "It's in" the microsecond it left his boot as I jumped on my mates head who was still watching the flight of the ball. I swear 6 pints of beer can give you clairvoyant powers.

Robertson9
So you can watch all your Rangers dvds and get a stiffie when the turds start chanting about religious beliefs they don't follow; then take an oath to a constitutional "Royal" family that gets winched out for the tourists.

Long live the republic of Great Britain.

Bye bye....

:blah::blah:

Deary Me

:blahblah::blahblah:

Deary Me

:sobored::sobored::sobored:

Deary Me

:whistling:

Deary Me

:sleepy::sleepy:

Deary Me

Robertson9

Two goals against Hibs January 1987, almost identical from around 25 yards.

John's goals celebrations say's it all, his heart was with Hearts although he is celtic. if anyone has the Hearts v Velez Mostar game available take a look at the third goal celebrations and especially John compared with that 100% Hearts man Iain Ferguson !:confused:

We beat Celtic 1-0 having drawn 1-1 with Dundee the week before!!!

I agree, Levein and Jardine were the best combo.

Woops. Not sure what kind of condition I've got when I can recall the numbers on people's shirts 22 seasons ago, but forget victories at Parkhead.

Similarly, McDonald lost his place owing to injury so the Levein Jardine partnership got going by accident.

Just to go completely off-topic, Scott Severin's another one who (almost) made it with a move from midfield back to defence (initiated by Levein when he was our coach). If he'd been four inches taller he'd have played for Scotland in that position.

Archived