I HATE these people!!

Tiger

Who do people think they are that they can buy a ticket for ?23 then try and sell it on for at least ?80, and by the looks of his ID a fellow jambo. Im seriously thinking of creating a new account and throwing a stupid bid in there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/_Tickets__Musselburgh-Races-Ladies-Day-Ticket_W0QQitemZ220242943879QQadnZTicketsQQadiZ4012QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220242943879&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I thought this was a thread about Big Brother. Weirdo's the lot of them.

Rawrrrrrrr
Who do people think they are that they can buy a ticket for ?23 then try and sell it on for at least ?80, and by the looks of his ID a fellow jambo. Im seriously thinking of creating a new account and throwing a stupid bid in there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/_Tickets__Musselburgh-Races-Ladies-Day-Ticket_W0QQitemZ220242943879QQadnZTicketsQQadiZ4012QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220242943879&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dry your eyes

Sellers market

Anyone want a TITP ticket

?700 :P

Chester™

One asks how this would be an offence on the street but isnt over the internet.....

Rawrrrrrrr
One asks how this would be an offence on the street but isnt over the internet.....

Its an offence if they get caught

Frankly I am glad the police are not wasting there time investigating such crimes, who exactly does it affect?

Chester™
Its an offence if they get caught

Frankly I am glad the police are not wasting there time investigating such crimes, who exactly does it affect?

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of the last line, there is no such thing as a "victimless crime".

Now unless the laws have changed (which they could very well have done), internet ticket touted is exempt and is the reason such prices still appear on the net.

Stuart Lyon

Market forces in the capitalist society we live in. No different really from oil producers benefiting from inflated oil prices or gas and electricity companies fleecing users.

cosanostra

i believe that it's not an offence on the street either.

I know this a-hole who touts tickets in the street, if you've been to an gig in Glasgow over the last 10 years you've probably seen him. He said in all of his years selling tickets, he's been arrested once and charged with trading without a street trading licence and got a ?100 fine.

Terrible Trio

looks like it didn't go

there will always be touts - they do a great service if you need tickets - you decide how much you're willing to pay

looks like it didn't go

there will always be touts - they do a great service if you need tickets - you decide how much you're willing to pay

What the feck are you on about :confused:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of the last line, there is no such thing as a "victimless crime".

Now unless the laws have changed (which they could very well have done), internet ticket touted is exempt and is the reason such prices still appear on the net.

I dont think internet touting is exempt from the law. Remember what happened for the UEFA cup final tickets being sold on e-bay, 1 Rankers scarf was being sold for ?2000 with 2 cup final tickets being thrown in as a 'freebie'

Miller Jambo 60
looks like it didn't go

Ma Ha are you for real or a person with too much doe.

Ticket 10.00 pounds pay 10.00 pounds.

These ass holes are rip off sharks end off.

:mad:

Is it not that its illegal to tout tickets for football matches due to hooliganism? I dont think its illegal to tout tickets for gigs etc, could be wrong though.

lthere will always be touts - they do a great service if you need tickets - you decide how much you're willing to pay

Correct Trio.

This chap is doing nothing different to (say) a car broker who will get you the latest hot model immediately although there may be a 6 month waiting list. The prospective purchaser has to decide whether they want the car or ticket so much that it's worth paying a premium.

I've got hold of many things on a speculative basis in the past and moved them on at a profit - some healthier than others. That's just the society we live in.

Miller Jambo 60
Correct Trio.

This chap is doing nothing different to (say) a car broker who will get you the latest hot model immediately although there may be a 6 month waiting list. The prospective purchaser has to decide whether they want the car or ticket so much that it's worth paying a premium.

I've got hold of many things on a speculative basis in the past and moved them on at a profit - some healthier than others. That's just the society we live in.

what a LOAD of shat

what a LOAD of shat

One person's "load of shat" is another's "economic forces of supply and demand". Fact. :)

Terrible Trio
what a LOAD of shat

coming from you that's comical :)

I've bought tickets from touts before - I paid what I felt was a fair price given supply & demand

I've also sold tickets above face value - again supply & demand dictate

frankblack

I have a real problem with the selling of tickets for events on e-bay.

However, it is our Labour government that are clearly getting back-handers from somewhere because they have deliberately fudged the issue twice when approached by the music promoters.

There are two solutions:

1. The government makes it illegal to re-sell tickets above their face value.

2. Big events like TITP go down the Photo ID route like Glastonbury. This is where the TITP organisers get hypocritical, as once they have sold their tickets they start complaining about touts every year. Photo ID would cost more to implement, and why bother when you've sold your tickets?

Re: Prancer - I hear that the promoters have just released a big new batch of TITP tickets for sale at face value. Nae luck with your ?700.

Terrible Trio
I have a real problem with the selling of tickets for events on e-bay.

so have I

I always use a bona fide tout

The government makes it illegal to re-sell tickets above their face value.

Why just tickets? :confused:

Why not other items such as cars? :rolleyes:

or rare records

Or football programmes.

or football tops

Trio, I'm going to stop giving any more examples. We've proven our point beyond any argument. Frhank will be livid at being destroyed and I don't want to give him the excuse to run off to the Mods suggesting we're spamming the board. :)

Terrible Trio
Trio, I'm going to stop giving any more examples. We've proven our point beyond any argument. Frhank will be livid at being destroyed and I don't want to give him the excuse to run off to the Mods suggesting we're spamming the board. :)

was just going to post the same

frankblack

What point exactly do you think you have made?

I've never reported anyone to the Mods - Makween threatened to do it on another thread when he lost a debate. Get your facts straight.

It is not illegal to sell Scottish football tickets on e-bay apparently, so how would you feel (if you didn't have a season ticket) if Hearts put all their pay at the gate tickets on sale through e-bay? That is a better comparison than comparing T in the Park tickets to selling cars or houses.

I realise that I can't stop e-bay selling tickets unless it is legislated against or the promoters take Glastonbury style action, as I mentioned previously.

Terrible Trio
What point exactly do you think you have made?

I've never reported anyone to the Mods - Makween threatened to do it on another thread when he lost a debate. Get your facts straight.

It is not illegal to sell Scottish football tickets on e-bay apparently, so how would you feel (if you didn't have a season ticket) if Hearts put all their pay at the gate tickets on sale through e-bay? That is a better comparison than comparing T in the Park tickets to selling cars or houses.

I realise that I can't stop e-bay selling tickets unless it is legislated against or the promoters take Glastonbury style action, as I mentioned previously.

you've caught a big one there therapist :)

frankblack
you've caught a big one there therapist :)

Very constructive back-up from you on this thread. Are you his boyfriend?

Are you his boyfriend?

I have known Trio for over 20 years and value his friendship. However there is nothing gaylord-ish about our relationship.

I have known Trio for over 20 years and value his friendship. However there is nothing gaylord-ish about our relationship.

I bet the tory party in scotland would love to say that and what about the irony of your autosig?:P

Terrible Trio
I bet the tory party in scotland would love to say that and what about the irony of your autosig?:P

ahem :mad:

Miller Jambo 60
coming from you that's comical :)

I've bought tickets from touts before - I paid what I felt was a fair price given supply & demand

I've also sold tickets above face value - again supply & demand dictate

You hero sold tics keep well away freom me greedy man.

MA HA

Miller Jambo 60

VERY GAY

chester copperpot
VERY GAY

Hahahahahahaha. That made me laugh Dougster, even if you've no got a clue what you're posting.

Where's yer response Therapist

Archived