Tonight's Football

Cade

A Sunderland win tonight would save themselves and relegate Newcastle and Norwich.

Sunderland/Everton currently 0-0 but Norwich are beating Watford 2-1.

Hope Killie have a good game, keep themselves in top nick for (possibly) hibs

Allardyce.

The only appointment for teams in trouble.

whoever signed Defoe deserves the bonus

Norwich winning after being a goal down but Sunderland have just gone 1-0 up. Feel sorry for Norwich that they'll go down but Big Sam has made a huge difference at Sunderland since New Year. Hopefully shouldn't be anywhere near relegation next season assuming tonight stays as it is.

Malinga the Swinga

Roberto Martinez must be one of the biggest frauds ever to manage in England. Relegated Wigan and because they fluke a cup win, he got the Everton gig. He has now managed to take an Everton team, which has some decent footballers, and turn them into an absolute shambles.

Game after game Martinez comes out with waffle that makes Stubbs look balanced and sane, how Everton played great football and suffer unlucky defeats, whereas any sane man can see his team is unbalanced, devoid of imagination, plays with no width and, looking at tonight's game in particular, a keeper who has no idea on how to play in goal.

Sunderland will stay up, but that says more about how bad Newcastle and Norwich are than anything else.

The Mighty Thor

whoever signed Defoe deserves the bonus

They got shot of Dozey Altidore in return for Defoe.

What a deal that's turned out to be.

Maiden Gorgie

Roberto Martinez must be one of the biggest frauds ever to manage in England. Relegated Wigan and because they fluke a cup win, he got the Everton gig. He has now managed to take an Everton team, which has some decent footballers, and turn them into an absolute shambles.

Game after game Martinez comes out with waffle that makes Stubbs look balanced and sane, how Everton played great football and suffer unlucky defeats, whereas any sane man can see his team is unbalanced, devoid of imagination, plays with no width and, looking at tonight's game in particular, a keeper who has no idea on how to play in goal.

Sunderland will stay up, but that says more about how bad Newcastle and Norwich are than anything else.

:spoton:

Martinez has ruined that team, good players but don't seem to have any fight.

Will be glad if Sunderland stay up.

Rudolf's Mate

How bad have Everton been the second half of this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Getintaethem

Looks like we remain the side who show Celtic most respect

You do realise Celtic are basically playing their reserves?

You do realise Celtic are basically playing their reserves?

Yes I do. We'd show that team too much respect also

That will be the St Johnstone side that have lost 1-3, 0-3 and 1-3 to the hooped demons this season.

That's respect !

That will be the St Johnstone side that have lost 1-3, 0-3 and 1-3 to the hooped demons this season.

That's respect !

Regardless of how St Johnstone have done in earlier games I think you're clever enough to get the underlying sentiment.

Our results and approach to games against Celtic are utterly shameful

Regardless of how St Johnstone have done in earlier games I think you're clever enough to get the underlying sentiment.

Oh, I get the sentiment alright. You made it sound like we were the only side to not play as we would wish.

I could name you more.

The irony is our best approach led to our equal worst result against them this season. 1-3 at Parkhead.

Utterly shameful is not the phrase I would use.

The two draws....a point gained in each...nothing to write home about.....Sow's goal was terrific mind !

Parkhead second game i've already mentioned.

League Cup game was the most disappointing....we could have had them that night.

Last game at Tynie.....crazy defending.

Could do better......not shameful !

good for you being so clever

what a genius you are

PeterintheRain

Last minute red card foul to prevent us winning the first match. Last minute equalizer for us in the 2nd and the ref handing them the 3rd on a plate after we'd thrashed them silly for the first 20 minutes.  

Will you people please grow up. You were banned from Tynecastle for a reason and all your stunts with banners, fake media campaigns and general hat-kicking will get you nothing but well deserved abuse.

Oh, I get the sentiment alright. You made it sound like we were the only side to not play as we would wish.

I could name you more.

The irony is our best approach led to our equal worst result against them this season. 1-3 at Parkhead.

Utterly shameful is not the phrase I would use.

The two draws....a point gained in each...nothing to write home about.....Sow's goal was terrific mind !

Parkhead second game i've already mentioned.

League Cup game was the most disappointing....we could have had them that night.

Last game at Tynie.....crazy defending.

Could do better......not shameful !

Few sides shit the bed against Celtic on a level to rival us.

Just wait to the state of this place after our first visit to Ibrox next season

Last minute red card foul to prevent us winning the first match. Last minute equalizer for us in the 2nd and the ref handing them the 3rd on a plate after we'd thrashed them silly for the first 20 minutes.

Will you people please grow up. You were banned from Tynecastle for a reason and all your stunts with banners, fake media campaigns and general hat-kicking will get you nothing but well deserved abuse.

You my friend are either incredibly bright or incredibly stupid

Maiden Gorgie

If Newcastle had only kept Allardyce.

Yup, it's called karma.

John Findlay

You my friend are either incredibly bright or incredibly stupid

He's far brighter than you.

Will you people please grow up. You were banned from Tynecastle for a reason and all your stunts with banners, fake media campaigns and general hat-kicking will get you nothing but well deserved abuse.

If you were at the 0-0 game you'd realise that we were involved in virtually 90 mins of attack v defence. Yes Nicholson was brought down at the end for the red card but I wouldn't have backed him to score on a 1 v 1 against Gordon given his general lack of composure in front of goal.

I've been going to Celtic Park and Ibrox for well over 30 years following Hearts.

Few teams can rival us for atrocious results and performances during that period at either venue.

All that will change next season with the league title win though

He's far brighter than you.

I'm sure he is.

I'm always surprised that so many Hearts fans take offense when our wonderful record and approach to the old firm is mentioned.

Sensitive subject. Hear you loud and clear old chap.

Isn't football poetic at times.

Sam Allardyce was sacked by Newcastle in 2008 after only 8 months in charge due to fan pressure (despite sitting mid table in Jan). Sam's Sunderland win tonight not only confirms their own survival, but also relegates Newcastle.

:pleasing:

If you were at the 0-0 game you'd realise that we were involved in virtually 90 mins of attack v defence. Yes Nicholson was brought down at the end for the red card but I wouldn't have backed him to score on a 1 v 1 against Gordon given his general lack of composure in front of goal.

I've been going to Celtic Park and Ibrox for well over 30 years following Hearts.

Few teams can rival us for atrocious results and performances during that period at either venue.

All that will change next season with the league title win though

Don't see the reason for that last sentence, mate.

I've been going to those places for more than thirty years and, yes, the results have been largely rotten, with a few jewels now and again.

If you want I could get the stats of many other teams whose record at those venues is terrible.

I suppose it doesn't matter as we should be concerned about our own performances.

Ibrox next season will be interesting....you may well be surprised !

Sam Allardyce was sacked by Newcastle after only 8 months in charge due to fan pressure (despite sitting mid table). Sam's Sunderland win tonight not only confirms their own survival, but also relegates Newcastle.

It's very Pat Fenlon. Sacked by fan pressure despite heading for a top 6 finish and 2 successive cup finals.

In comes Terry. Down they go.

The fans torpedoed their own ship. :pleasing:

King Of The Cat Cafe

It's very Pat Fenlon. Sacked by fan pressure despite heading for a top 6 finish and 2 successive cup finals.

In comes Terry. Down they go.

The fans torpedoed their own ship. :pleasing:

Is there a moral for us in all of this?

Don't see the reason for that last sentence, mate.

I've been going to those places for more than thirty years and, yes, the results have been largely rotten, with a few jewels now and again.

If you want I could get the stats of many other teams whose record at those venues is terrible.

I suppose it doesn't matter as we should be concerned about our own performances.

Ibrox next season will be interesting....you may well be surprised !

In the last few weeks Dundee and Ross County have gone to Celtic Park and got something. St Johnstone have beaten them today. In the same period we've played them home and away and lost 3 goals both times.

I genuinely believe we've got an inferiority complex with Celtic.

I hope you're right about ibrox next season.

In the last few weeks Dundee and Ross County have gone to Celtic Park and got something. St Johnstone have beaten them today. In the same period we've played them home and away and lost 3 goals both times.

I genuinely believe we've got an inferiority complex with Celtic.

I hope you're right about ibrox next season.

I'm not having a go, believe me, but we have had results as good as those two teams you mention. Dundee, in fact, were on the end of a 6-0 thashing at Parkhead earlier in the season. 

We have nothing to fear at Ibrox. A growth in confidence would, then, help games against the green menace.

Sam Allardyce was sacked by Newcastle in 2008 after only 8 months in charge due to fan pressure (despite sitting mid table in Jan). Sam's Sunderland win tonight not only confirms their own survival, but also relegates Newcastle.

Same happened at Blackburn, sacked while in mid table, within 2 seasons they were relegated, and nowhere near getting back up since.  Look how Bolton have performed since he left them, now relegated to the third tier in England. 

I'm not having a go, believe me, but we have had results as good as those two teams you mention. Dundee, in fact, were on the end of a 6-0 thashing at Parkhead earlier in the season.

We have nothing to fear at Ibrox. A growth in confidence would, then, help games against the green menace.

I fully agree there's nothing to fear. There hasn't been this season either though.

Our Head Coach and DoF have been involved in a great number of those atrocious results and performances referred too in various guises.

A greater sense of self belief and a winning mentality would be a most welcome sign of change

Archived