U20s v Dundee

Chaps

Taken from Hearts Twitter account

Hearts U20s keeper Kelby Mason has taken ill on the bus journey to Dundee, meaning striker Russell McLean will deputise between the sticks

Hearts U20s team to face Dundee: McLean, L.Smith, Jones, Howlett-Mundle, Henderson, McKirdy, Cochrane, Morrison, Buchanan, Moore, Zanatta.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott herbertson

Hearts U20s keeper Kelby Mason has taken ill on the bus journey to Dundee, meaning striker Russell McLean will deputise between the sticks

Hearts U20s team to face Dundee: McLean, L.Smith, Jones, Howlett-Mundle, Henderson, McKirdy, Cochrane, Morrison, Buchanan, Moore, Zanatta.

Given the height of him he might be best just to lie on the ground between the posts with his hands outstretched- would cut out a good proportion of the shots and leave the rest for the centre halves to deal with

Jambof3tornado

Kelby got the bum aids on the coach. Hope he made it to the bog!

Footballfirst

I would take from the Hearts selection that Angus Beith must be in the first team squad for Saturday. (unless of course he is injured)

Seen this at the time, Dundee were 23/20 then changed to 8/13, not a bad price for a team playing against a team with a striker in goals.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would take from the Hearts selection that Angus Beith must be in the first team squad for Saturday. (unless of course he is injured)

How good are Dundee FF

We_are_the_Hearts

How come Hamilton can't play in goals?

Cause he is probably not there. It all does sound really Amateur to be honest

Footballfirst

How good are Dundee FF

A bit like ourselves. Totally inconsistent.  Depends on the experience of their side.

An example of how inconsistent results can be in the Devl League was yesterday's result between Dundee Utd and Hamilton (2nd).  United won 9-1 against a reasonably experienced Accies side.

Cause he is probably not there. It all does sound really Amateur to be honest

Would you not normally have a sub goalkeeper in the squad?

Footballfirst

You should do, but given that Hearts deputies are U15s they will still be at school.

11/20 is still ridiculously generous, surely!?

I'm having a massive wedge on that.

Where you getting that price?

We_are_the_Hearts

You would have thought so

Jambo 4 Ever

You should do, but given that Hearts deputies are U15s they will still be at school.

But Why does Hamilton not get some games with the U20's and atleast go along to support etc?

We_are_the_Hearts

It's pretty embarrassing for Scotland's 3rd biggest club to be honest

Footballfirst

But Why does Hamilton not get some games with the U20's and atleast go along to support etc?

Maybe Hamilton is being lined up to start against Ross County on Saturday.

Exactly he only seems to play for Scotland nowadays, no wonder they want to put him out on loan to get some first team experience.

We_are_the_Hearts

Maybe Hamilton is being lined up to start against Ross County on Saturday.

He is a goalkeeper, surely today could have been used to shake off the cobwebs if that's the case? Reading between the lines I reckon they don't fancy him and he wil be another on the way out soon

Diadora Van Basten

What a shambles not to have a contingency plan in place suggests that Hearts do not take U20 football seriously.

jamboinglasgow

Is Baur away with Scotland?

11/20 is still ridiculously generous, surely!?

I'm having a massive wedge on that.

8/15 with coral still

Mikey1874

What a shambles not to have a contingency plan in place suggests that Hearts do not take U20 football seriously.

Or some fans don't realise how depleted youth set up has been

Good outing for McLean. You never know. Plus might have played in goals before.

Where you getting that price?

Bet365.

90 minutes is far too long to play with a striker in goals and have any chance of taking something from the game.

jamboinglasgow

To show how mad under 20 games can be. Hamilton who are second in the league lost 9-1 to Dundee United last night.

We_are_the_Hearts

Or some fans don't realise how depleted youth set up has been

Good outing for McLean. You never know. Plus might have played in goals before.

So it takes 2 years to recruit more than one goalkeeper for our U20 squad? It's a joke for a club our size.

Jambo 4 Ever

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/35944611

Made it on this too

Keeper crisis, part II

Football

Posted at

An interesting addition on this Hearts-outfield-player-goes-in-goal story from David A Burns...

"I used to alternate between left winger and keeper in my youth league."  

cdd8a0d8-45d6-4167-b814-77279cb297a2.jpg

We_are_the_Hearts

To show how mad under 20 games can be. Hamilton who are second in the league lost 9-1 to Dundee United last night.

Hopefully it is scrapped soon. Get back to a reserve League. 

jamboinglasgow

Hopefully it is scrapped soon. Get back to a reserve League.

The under 20 league is nearly a reserve league in all but name.

Malcolm Tucker

So it takes 2 years to recruit more than one goalkeeper for our U20 squad? It's a joke for a club our size.

We had Jordan Miller - deemed not good enough.

We had a kid from AC Oxgangs - deemed not good enough.

We had Rohan Ferguson on trial - opted to sign a new deal at Airdrie for more 1st team opportunities.

It's not as if we've not tried man, building a youth team back up from the ashes isn't as easy as just signing anyone for any position.

Jambo 4 Ever

We had Rohan Ferguson on trial - opted to sign a new deal at Airdrie for more 1st team opportunities.

It's not as if we've not tried man, building a youth team back up from the ashes isn't as easy as just signing anyone for any position.

Why not play Hamilton in the games sometimes to give him game time?

We_are_the_Hearts

The under 20 league is nearly a reserve league in all but name.

Not for us it isn't. I'm sure our better young players would learn more playing with our first teamers who didn't play at the weekend rather than other Youths who aren't going to make it and are making up the numbers. Celtic win this League every year and release virtually all their players. Maybe the time is right for B teams in lower competitive Leagues.

We_are_the_Hearts

So Hamilton attends until the other person is recruited.

Mikey1874

Or we're going to focus on younger players

This unusual both for games during school hours and to lose keeper

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A bit like ourselves. Totally inconsistent. Depends on the experience of their side.

An example of how inconsistent results can be in the Devl League was yesterday's result between Dundee Utd and Hamilton (2nd). United won 9-1 against a reasonably experienced Accies side.

Cheers

We_are_the_Hearts

are numbnuts losing their shit about our U20s again?

So you don't think our Youth is important?  You don't think their set up should be run in a professional manner?

Malcolm Tucker

So Hamilton attends until the other person is recruited.

Hamilton is a 1st team player now so unless he was guaranteed to start this game why would he make the journey? He wasn't guaranteed and Mason only got ill on the bus on the way up. u15's are in school. Ideally yes we'd have another 'keeper over the age of 16 but as I pointed out it's not from lack of trying to recruit, and it's definitely not 'a joke'.

When is the kick-off for this?

I fancy our striker to save a penalty and us to win 1-0 :lol:

We_are_the_Hearts

Hamilton is a 1st team player now so unless he was guaranteed to start this game why would he make the journey? He wasn't guaranteed and Mason only got ill on the bus on the way up. u15's are in school. Ideally yes we'd have another 'keeper over the age of 16 but as I pointed out it's not from lack of trying to recruit, and it's definitely not 'a joke'.

I just find it unprofessional. Having watched these young lads play I'm not sure the message of how important it is to perform every game and leave nothing out there is getting across. Some of them are playing for their futures and find a 16 year old striker in goals. I'm a big fan of the current regime and just thought we were going to become more professional from top to bottom. To be a top club you have to get over the importance of winning every game and giving yourself the best chance, instill that mentality before they hit the 1st team. Speaking to a Hearts scout and he was saying we still have a long way to go to match Celtic at all levels and to me it looks like we could be doing more. I appreciate it will take time though

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Who needs a goalie :laugh4: cash out for a 4 pounds loss

Haha 1 1 already

Mikey1874

Subs

Roy K.Smith Fox

Footballfirst

Yes. Daniel is in Azerbaijan with Scotland U17s for the UEFA Championship final tournament.

We play Belgium tomorrow, Portugal on Sunday and Azebaijan next Wednesday.

KineticBeat

Don't think anyone else has answered your question: Yeah he is away with the U17s for the Euros

Edit: Get beaten by mere seconds

Archived