3rd in a two horse race, as only the wee team can do

Australis

What or who was the "rabbit out the bag" comment from cyclops .

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zoltan socrates

To be a hobbit today must be a thoroughly embarrassing thing, dress it up any way you like, third in the diddy league, THIRD

The next three weeks or so are going to be bliss

i wish jj was my dad

I can't wait to hear what the scouse clown has to say about it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed that was his plan all along.

luckyBatistuta

What or who was the "rabbit out the bag" comment from cyclops .

Don't know?maybe he's somehow trying to say that they just missed out by a 'baw hare from a sack' :

Treble's still on!!!!

Nearly won the League Cup

Nearly won the Scottish Cup

Nearly got promoted

socrates82

Six games against Raith, Falkirk and Kilmarnock with a cup final in the back of their minds. I'll be amazed if Hibs manage to get through the play-offs.

Going to be fantastic viewing. I'd even fancy an outside bet on Raith getting promotion.

It's a thread about hibs finishing 3rd in the 2ndvtier .

Think after some of the guff posted by some Hearts posters and some importers it's a relevant point to make.

But you have a point about not letting it go.

So sorry for that.

It's about Hibs finishing 3rd, agreed. 

What that has to do with with a post from weeks ago I don't know.But any excuse to stir up the same shit , I suppose. 

Six games against Raith, Falkirk and Kilmarnock with a cup final in the back of their minds. I'll be amazed if Hibs manage to get through the play-offs.

Going to be fantastic viewing. I'd even fancy an outside bet on Raith getting promotion.

Can't see any odds on that on the online sites but imagine it would be generous odds.

FarmerTweedy

Hibs finish with same points tally as last year, despite the league being easier than last year and them apparently being the best footballing side in the country for a long spell.

Could be a good championship next year with any 4 of Hibs, Killie, Falkirk, Raith or Dunfermline going for the league

You could add Dundee Utd into that lot too. Also, St Liedown had a terrible start to the season but have improved a bit. A bit of further improvement over the summer could see them in the mix too. It could be very interesting indeed!

Punks No Deid

Last year:

P36 W21 D7 L8 GD+38 Pts70, Finished 2nd.

This year:

P36 W21 D7 L8 GD+25 Pts70, Finished 3rd.

Spooky!

Y'know that's like errr y'know progress y'know

Independence

Kilmarnock will be ready for whoever they play! Just like M'well last year. I hope H1b5 do beat RR and then Falkirk as this will have a bigger impact on their delusional Scottish Cup aspirations. The will be well beaten by Killie and Rangers and then find they can't get out of the Championship next season!!!!

It's about Hibs finishing 3rd, agreed. 

What that has to do with with a post from weeks ago I don't know.But any excuse to stir up the same shit , I suppose.

Do you not enjoy the criticism of Hibs?

Did I mis-hear or did Stubbs really say that they didn't know they needed to score 4? Someone posted that exact scenario on here at least a week ago i.e. H1b5 win their game in hand 4-0 (which they did) then 1-0 and 4-0 scorelines in their respective final games would leave them with identical GD, GF and GA records.

So I knew they should be aiming for 4+...why not him?

Mikey1874

Finishing 3rd instead of 2nd just cost them ?63,300 in prize money.

So they earn ?337,600 for their season's efforts.

Meanwhile Hearts earned ?1,740,750 for their 3rd place.

Hibs are still clearly better especially big games

Mikey1874

I said 2 years ago Hibs would take 3 seasons to get promoted.

I'm starting to have doubts.

Robbie Neilson

Hibs really do get an easy ride in the media. Third in the Championship with their budget and players is appalling stuff. Losing on goal difference when they signed about 20 strikers including Stokes makes it even more embarrassing. Their supporters should be fuming. 

Good point :lol: Squad totally imbalanced with way too many strikers and the lose out on goal difference :lol:

Treble's still on!!!!

Nearly got promoted

:lol:

Make no mistake, Hibs finishing 3rd in the pub league should be embarrassing as **** for them

socrates82

They'll have to cut their cloth next season if they stay down surely? Otherwise, they'll get into real financial trouble. Administration could be a way out but a 10 point deduction while in the Championship could see them not even reach the play-offs. Right now they look like doing a Dundee and being down for a fair while.

Crazy considering how they were in a great position to push on a few years ago - debt free and all that. Lots of bad decisions have been made by the guy with the tache!

GarryJ-o-s

Can't see any odds on that on the online sites but imagine it would be generous odds.

They are 10/3 to even get past Hibs at Bet365, could always back it and roll any potential winnings onto the next tie.

They'll have to cut their cloth next season if they stay down surely? Otherwise, they'll get into real financial trouble. Administration could be a way out but a 10 point deduction while in the Championship could see them not even reach the play-offs. Right now they look like doing a Dundee and being down for a fair while.

Crazy considering how they were in a great position to push on a few years ago - debt free and all that. Lots of bad decisions have been made by the guy with the tache!

Think they said a few years ago that their break-even average crowd in the premier needed to be 11,000.  They're miles away from that now in the league below, where the prize money and I'd guess the sponsorship isn't nearly so good.

Tick-tock indeed.

...a bit disco

Did I mis-hear or did Stubbs really say that they didn't know they needed to score 4? Someone posted that exact scenario on here at least a week ago i.e. H1b5 win their game in hand 4-0 (which they did) then 1-0 and 4-0 scorelines in their respective final games would leave them with identical GD, GF and GA records.

So I knew they should be aiming for 4+...why not him?

If he said that then he is a big liar-liar-pants-on-fire.

Why else would he finish the game with about 5 strikers on the park and only 2 at the back?

Can't even keep his own mistruths straight.

socrates82

Why else would he finish the game with about 5 strikers on the park and only 2 at the back?

5 strikers with no-one to supply them. Stubbs truly is a managerial genius.

FarmerTweedy

I don't think it makes much difference to be honest.

I think Hibs will probably feel they've got the squad size to cope. They'll still play Falkirk imo and that could be the key game in the playoffs.

They're certainly going to be more match ready for cup final than Rangers, who're a bang average side.

I look forward immensely to our first trip to Ibrox next season. They'll probably not be shown more respect by anyone in all of next season, other than trips to Tynecastle.

Losers mentality of our management team is for another thread.

And yet you can't resist posting about your perception of our management team's mentality on this thread!

FarmerTweedy

I thought all teams in that league got same money regardless of position? Or is that outside the top 2?

It's outside the top 9 actually!

FarmerTweedy

A pleasing post, thank you.

Is it possible to put a figure on the respective TV money of the two clubs?

That would be zero for both, same as the other 40, at least where the league is concerned. They will have made tv money from cup ties, not sure how much that is these days.

Australis

Houston said on the radio his players knew the wee team score all through the game.

Stubbs said his players did not know how Falkirk were doing during their game, I find that hard to believe and poor management if true.

Section Q

Treble's still on!!!!

Nearly got promoted

Will also be the third time they've bottled the playoffs.

Robbie Neilson

Hibs could be out the top league longer than Rangers :rofl:

Not through financial mismanagement or cheating or anything, just for being utter pish :lol:

Heard Stubbs say on the radio post match "y'know, we won the game, that's the most important thing".

No, it isn't.

Hibs' aim today was to pip Falkirk. They didn't. That is the most important thing.

To be fair to stubbs he is a stupid tw**

Nice that their opponents are the form team in the Championship.

I'd say it was no more than 50/50 at best as to whether Hibs will even make it through to the next round v Falkirk.

Mikey1874

Hibs could still do the decent thing and withdraw.

Maybe that is what they've been doing since February going from the chance to be two points off first in league.

Isn't it a 15 point deduction, like what we got 2 seasons ago?

socrates82

Isn't it a 15 point deduction, like what we got 2 seasons ago?

I believe they changed it back. Could be wrong though. Laughable really if true. Nothing to do with Rangers being in danger of admin 2 (or 1 if they decided they were a new team after all to avoid the 25 pt deduction) at the time... 

Out of every team that's gone into admin in Scotland, we've been punished the harshest.

The deduction for admin is 10 points or 1/3 of the previous year's total, whichever is higher.

This means they'd lose 23 points if they went bust.

socrates82

The deduction for admin is 10 points or 1/3 of the previous year's total, whichever is higher.

This means they'd lose 23 points if they went bust.

We're both wrong. They changed it back to just a 15pt deduction, not the % of points.

John Findlay

I believe they changed it back. Could be wrong though. Laughable really if true. Nothing to do with Rangers being in danger of admin 2 (or 1 if they decided they were a new team after all to avoid the 25 pt deduction) at the time...

Out of every team that's gone into admin in Scotland, we've been punished the harshest.

Did Dundee not get deducted 25pts for going into administration for a 2nd time?

If When they stay down the following is likely to happen;

1) Stubbs leaves and they struggle to get a decent manager.

2) Their best players will leave, replaced by academy players & journeymen.

3) Wage bill is slashed.

4) Crowds down / income is down.

5) Fan unrest Leeeanne leaves, Petrie survives.

The net result is H1b5 go into a spiral of decline. Tick tock.

maroonlegions

Proof that being a Hobo  also requires the need  to be a crack junkie  just to ease the pain of the disease called "hibsed it".. 

...a bit disco

This appeared on my facebook feed.

13131035_621348578021070_461943732469419

The **** of it is that I'm related (through marriage!) to two of them.

:hibsfud:

Straight from the match report on the (not always 100% accurate) BBC... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36182027

"We had chances afterwards, but we didn't know we were going to need four as you don't know how the other game's going to go," he added.

i wish jj was my dad

They look resigned to their fate.

1874robbo

What 2?

Mikey1874

Didn't know they needed two more goals?

Well that's ace psychology

Considering it was known before game that they needed to win at least 4-0 if Falkirk won

Just deflecting from failure of players.

But they are 'in form' so that's alright.

...a bit disco

What 2?

I ain't saying!

scott herbertson

Didn't know they needed two more goals?

Well that's ace psychology

Considering it was known before game that they needed to win at least 4-0 if Falkirk won

Just deflecting from failure of players.

But they are 'in form' so that's alright.

In form translates to beating a team down to 10 men, at home, with nothing to play for 2-0 when you needed to score 4

Meanwhile your rivals miss a penalty and still beat the team that beat you 3-0 at your home patch a few weeks ago and clinch the second place you so desperately wanted (plus an extra ?62,000 for being 2nd you needed to pay the wages)

The propoganda slavered from lochend and regurgitated by the succulent lamb eaters in the scottish "media" would have us believe  that hubs are the flaremeisters of scottish football, mcginn is the new messi, cummings is the new ally mcoist because of his cheeky chappy persona and stubbsy is the new bill shankly.

The reality is somewhat different, they have scored fewer goals than last year, finished one position lower in a weaker league, finsihed third in a 2 horse race, will post another circa 800k loss this season despite getting to 2 cup finals, attendances sliding again, have to play 6 play off games to get promotion, been beaten by most of the teams in the championship including part time dumbarton and already relegated alloa.

Stubbs is an arsehole, with probably the fifth biggest budget in scottish football, hubz have finished 15th, yet the deluded fuds at the san giro keep banging on about how good they are and how much progress has been made, long may it continue, hopefully raith rovers hump them .

Archived