Germans sides set to move for Hearts star Jose Goncalves

slfjambo

Germans sides set to move for Hearts star Jose Goncalves

JOSE GONCALVES is the latest star to be lined up for a move out of Hearts.

The Portuguese Under-21 ace is being tracked by clubs in the German Bundesliga and approaches to Tynecastle are expected to be made before the end of the week.

Goncalves has one year remaining on his deal at Hearts but the transfer fee will not put off prospective buyers.

Although the defender was controversially dropped for a game against Inverness Caley Thistle towards the end of the season he is happy with life in Edinburgh and Hearts.

However, a tempting offer could persuade Tynecastle chiefs to accept any offer which lands on the table for the 22-year-old, who was signed from Swiss outfit FC Thun two and a half years ago.

The Mighty Thor

fingers crossed.

Anything over ?300,000 is good money for the 400 metre runner.

Boab Mugabe

I will pay his Ryanair flight over.

Outrageously bad attempt at a footballer.

cosanostra

God, i hope him and Wallace go.

It would be great to have a proper left back again.

Guest JamboRobbo

Let's hope we sell him before the new season starts and they get any more chances to watch him try to play.....

Drylaw Hearts

He's pish and we should have sold him when we had the chance last Summer.

Whatever the teams are offering it is enough.

Sell him and get him OFF the wage bill.

Guest JamboRobbo
God, i hope him and Wallace go.

It would be great to have a proper left back again.

If they both go, we'll have no left backs surely? :P

Or do you know something I don't? :)

Seymour M Hersh
He's pish and we should have sold him when we had the chance last Summer.

Whatever the teams are offering it is enough.

Sell him and get him OFF the wage bill.

The SPL is not the place for him imo. Whatever they're offering may not be enough though. Rightly or wrongly VR does not sell players under his valuation of them.

winston churchill

note to vlad,take the money and run this time.

if you even manage to cover what you paid out for him it will be good business.

Am I alone in thinking Jose is nowhere nearly as pesh as the herd here make out ? With decent coaching he could be a first class left back IMO.

Fat chance of that at Tynie !

The Future's Maroon

Will be interesting to see what the offers are, if they come in?

I thought he was alright, up until his injury in the Semi-Final against Hibs, but has been gash since then.

Am I alone in thinking Jose is nowhere nearly as pesh as the herd here make out ? With decent coaching he could be a first class left back IMO.

No, you are not alone. I fear his time has run out at Tynecastle though.

H'es not a left back, but with decent coaching / management, he'd be a first class left sided defender.

Drylaw Hearts
The SPL is not the place for him imo. Whatever they're offering may not be enough though. Rightly or wrongly VR does not sell players under his valuation of them.

This time will be different.

VR lost out on a transfer fee for Tall and as Goncalves is now in the last year of his present deal VR will sell.

Rawrrrrrrr

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your probably not alone but I would have to think you are in the minority. I was happy when he signed and after a couple of games thought he looked extremely promising. Now I just think its extremely worrying when the balls anywhere near him.

For such a big athletic frame he plays like a big girl at times. His distribution is non existent, he can't overlap, wins far too few balls in the air and positionally he's totally clueless.

He can run quite fast though and throw the ball quite far.

I'm hoping Hearts have erased all footage of his previous season's efforts and we can dupe a German club into giving us some cash for him.

I think Goncalves has potential and if we brought in a decent coach he could turn into a very good player for Hearts.

In reality though a decent coach probably wont come in so we may aswell get as much money for him as we can.

I really don't get this "decent coach" argument.

The guy is a football player. Does he need a decent coach to teach him the basic fundamentals of passing and crossing and how to play his position. I was taught that when I was about 12. It was my obvious lack of ability that dictated I had to get a normal job. Its Concalves similar shortcomings that mean we should accept about 3 quid and pack his bag.

Guest JamboRobbo

The guy is a football player. Does he need a decent coach to teach him the basic fundamentals of passing and crossing and how to play his position.

Agree he lacks all these qualities, but re his positional sense, it should be pointed out his position is centre half. Hence he often looks out of place when our "coaches" play him at left back, and when asked to control a ball (which is why I'd get rid of him if I was manager).

Geoff Kilpatrick

I said I was against selling players while we didn't have anyone in control of the shop but in this case I make an exception!

Please let it be true!

Funny that as he looks such a liability at times with the ball, at other times he is like a school-boy with simple errors like ball watching, drifiting inside too much or letting attackers get goal-side (although the number of times he's done that and then retrieved the situation by poking a lanky leg in to nick the ball away)!

Commentators seem to absolutely rave about him in every game!

Ray Winstone

I reakon we will get a half decent price for him and some might be surprised my how much we get.

Glad to see the back of him if it happens.

Agree he lacks all these qualities, but re his positional sense, it should be pointed out his position is centre half. Hence he often looks out of place when our "coaches" play him at left back, and when asked to control a ball (which is why I'd get rid of him if I was manager).

I thought he was signed as a left back. Is not the position he played in with FC Thun in the hampions league which I presume was the basis for him being signed in the first place. ANd on the subject. Is he our player now or still loaned from Kaunus. Would we get any money if he was sold.

MackaysCentreSpot

He was a quality player when he arrived but now he is terrible......... so is it the players fault or does the blame lie else where.

Seems a rather familiar scenario at Hearts these days....Players arrive at the club and look a prospect but then go downhill.

Ray Winstone

If he was played at Centre Back he would be even more of a bombscare than he is out on the left.

Surely he would have to be a lot more comfortable on the ball and actually be able to header (neither of which he can do)

Left back is the only place to put him and he is not very good at that.

Am I alone in thinking Jose is nowhere nearly as pesh as the herd here make out ?

Probably...apart from Frail maybe.

Guest JamboRobbo
If he was played at Centre Back he would be even more of a bombscare than he is out on the left.

Surely he would have to be a lot more comfortable on the ball and actually be able to header (neither of which he can do)

Left back is the only place to put him and he is not very good at that.

I'm not saying we should put him at CH. He shouldn't even be anywhere near our team, never mind having a starting position. Just pointing out that he lacks any positional sense at left back.

Can't Vlad be inventive for once and swap him for a Bundesliga manager somewhere.

Otherwise, auf wiedersehen, Jose. Don't bang your @rrse on the way out.

Ray Winstone
I'm not saying we should put him at CH. He shouldn't even be anywhere near our team, never mind having a starting position. Just pointing out that he lacks any positional sense at left back.

One theory might be that he was coached on the left hand side of a back three.

Hense his tendancies to drift in.

Might just be clutching at straws and its actually just because he is useless.

Hilary Briss
I thought he was signed as a left back. Is not the position he played in with FC Thun in the hampions league which I presume was the basis for him being signed in the first place. ANd on the subject. Is he our player now or still loaned from Kaunus. Would we get any money if he was sold.

I think your right although it doesnt really matter......the few times he has played in the middle he has been poor aswell. A freind of mine was speaking to Craig Levein about all things Hearts last year and he reckons Jose is a good player but a bundle of nerves and you can see where he is coming from, as he panics anytime the ball comes near him.

I will be devastated, another STAR player gone. I will accept nothing under ?1m!!!

[we need to play it up incase any of the potential clubs are looking, hopefully they'll be tricked into thinking they are signing something decent ;)]

Drylaw Hearts
I will be devastated, another STAR player gone. I will accept nothing under ?1m!!!

[we need to play it up incase any of the potential clubs are looking, hopefully they'll be tricked into thinking they are signing something decent ;)]

This is obviously what happened before we signed him.

I'm not convinced. I think Vlad wants what he paid for at least. I just don't think Vlad understands the concept of cutting your losses. FFS Pinilla!

Any offer should be accepted and he should be moved on. Get the guy of the wage bill.

Also the likes of Beslija, Makela etc should be told to find other clubs. Hearts should just accept the fact they going to have to make a pay off. Its better to loose 500k than 1m, next season on these guys. Unfortunately, I really don't think Vlad grabs that concept.

He's do isolated in his thinking and wants to make money on every player. Which considering some of the guff we have is impossible.

Interesting point Lord BJ.

At least all the bile being poured over Jose is taking the heat off Robbie, Lee and all the other cretins, morons and sundry wage-thieves that infest Tynie according to some.

As and when we get a manager (cue wistful sigh) we can all round on him for picking them.

You're not alone.

His story so far reads a bit like Roman Bednar

HE arrivedm He was good, He had a serious injury, He came back, We wasn't good, A popular opinion formed that he was actually mince and we'd do well to be rid of him.

22 seems a bit young to write him off and hopefully if this one does recover to something like his potential he'll do it in Maroon.

When I first saw Jose I couldnt believe we had replaced the rolls royce of Takis with another top notch left back.

Now I cant remember what he did to impress me back then. Maybe in those days it was just enough that he wasnt Jamie McAllister....

Gash now though. I'd go along with the lack of decent coaching argument but it does seem that he has two square feet and a square heid to match....

Good athlete though, and a long throw. Kind of like a Swiss-Portugese Robbie Neilson without the positional sense....

When I first saw Jose I couldnt believe we had replaced the rolls royce of Takis with another top notch left back.

Now I cant remember what he did to impress me back then. Maybe in those days it was just enough that he wasnt Jamie McAllister....

Gash now though. I'd go along with the lack of decent coaching argument but it does seem that he has two square feet and a square heid to match....

Good athlete though, and a long throw. Kind of like a Swiss-Portugese Robbie Neilson without the positional sense....

When I first saw Jose...

When Elliot broke into the team...

When Jankauskas first appeared...

When Rudi first played for us...

When Miko arrived...

When Neilson was playing under Burley...

...they all looked like decent players. And you can add a lot of others to that list. But then they were playing under recognisable football management or at least within memory of it.

There are two possibilities here. They're all either lazy, shirking, unprofessional gits or the people employed supposedly to get the best out of them have been incompetent. I wonder...

By the way, why no mention of which Bundesliga clubs are chasing Jose? I find it hard to believe that he'd get a game for anyone except those at the very bottom. Having said that, Moose played for a couple of seasons at that level.

BangkokHearts

Goodbye and good riddance.

Horrible player.

Salvatore's Tash

Must be the same German clubs who tried to get him on last day of January hopefully that means deal is done just need to convince Jose a drop in wages is a good thing....that could be the stumbling block!!! If we all chip in we could start a Get Jose to **** fund and give him a lump sum to soften the blow!!

Fourcandles

No you are not alone. The phone box in Lothian road is were his fan club meet once a year.

:o

zicoinexile
No, you are not alone. I fear his time has run out at Tynecastle though.

I hope your fears are not unfounded. He's absolutely GASH and you know it......

A reasonable pick for the next Olympics maybe? :rolleyes:

H J Simpson

The guy is a football player. Does he need a decent coach to teach him the basic fundamentals of passing and crossing and how to play his position. I was taught that when I was about 12. It was my obvious lack of ability that dictated I had to get a normal job. Its Concalves similar shortcomings that mean we should accept about 3 quid and pack his bag.

But if he gives 100% will that lack of ability not matter as it don't seem to matter to a lot of people on this board if your names Robbie and play on the other side of the park

But if he gives 100% will that lack of ability not matter as it don't seem to matter to a lot of people on this board if your names Robbie and play on the other side of the park

And can you HONESTLY say that Jose has the same workrate as Robbie?! :confused:

He couldn't give a flying **** about HMFC

Archived