Scottish Premier League 2008-2009

Celtic 5/6 BET Hibernian 250/1 BET

Rangers 5/6 BET Falkirk 1000/1 BET

Heart of Midlothian 150/1 BET Kilmarnock 1500/1 BET

Dundee United 200/1 BET Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2500/1 BET

Aberdeen 200/1 BET St Mirren 5000/1 BET

Motherwell 200/1 BET Hamilton Academical 5000/1

http://www.bluesq.com/bet?action=go_events&type_id=4387

What are the odds on us getting relgated?

Surely a much safer bet than winning the league.

vegas-voss

Mental so without a manager and talk of every player up for sale we are still favourites for 3rd.Mind you could probably get the same odds on us getting a manager we have heard of.

Jambosimmy
Mental so without a manager and talk of every player up for sale we are still favourites for 3rd.Mind you could probably get the same odds on us getting a manager we have heard of.

HAd that thought this morning. what odds would you get on us appointing a british manager or someone who we have all heard of. might be slightly more than 150/1 i reckon:p:p

wheatfield to sheffield

Hearts 150/1 to win the league

Tony Blair 100/1 to be the next Labour party leader

a tidy little double - ?1 wins you ?15,000

How the feck can we still be 3rd favourites after the season we've had?!?!?!

Madness!

FOOTBALL

Football Long-Term > Scottish Premier League > Winner

Scottish Premier League 2008-2009

Celtic 5/6 BET Hibernian 250/1 BET

Rangers 5/6 BET Falkirk 1000/1 BET

Heart of Midlothian 150/1 BET Kilmarnock 1500/1 BET

Dundee United 200/1 BET Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2500/1 BET

Aberdeen 200/1 BET St Mirren 5000/1 BET

Motherwell 200/1 BET Hamilton Academical 5000/1

laughable. we should be at least 500/1

I'm sure the bookies don't take any notice of anyone outside old firm

Guest JamboRobbo

Madness!

Fear from the bookies. Last time they had as at 500-1 we came from nowhere and gave them a right big fright for a wee while.......

Gigolo-Aunt

I can see where the bookies are coming from.

Rangers and Celtic are not GREAT sides. Romanov has shown what can happen if he appoints a good manager, gives his some money and leaves him alone.

The bookies cant go mad and give odd's on how bad we are at present, it could change very easily.

not saying it will ;o)

chester copperpot

Madness!

Exactly.

I'd put us certain bottom 6 if we sell Berra, Wallace, Driver et al and replace them with absolute garbage, as we've been doing the last 2 years.

Serious relegation candidates if we continue.

The Future's Maroon

Any odds on just finishing 3rd?

I can see where the bookies are coming from.

Ditto.

Given your wages expenditure was 2-3 times that of the other teams fighting it out for third in recent seasons, I'd say you're quite rightly have the shortest odds of the chasing bunch.

Whether the difference in odds between yourselves and the rest represent value for money with respect to said budget is another argument.

Simple scaling would suggest that 3 times the budget, you'd expect to have 3 times (200/3) shorter odds rather than a mere 25% shortening.

I'd suggest that your managerial situation and poor season last result in longer than expected odds. Similarly for 'Well, a good season last season sees them having shroter odds than some would expect.

Seymour M Hersh

Well the bookies don't throw their collective dosh away do they?;)

Guest JamboRobbo
Ditto.

Given your wages expenditure was 2-3 times that of the other teams fighting it out for third in recent seasons, I'd say you're quite rightly have the shortest odds of the chasing bunch.

Whether the difference in odds between yourselves and the rest represent value for money with respect to said budget is another argument.

Simple scaling would suggest that 3 times the budget, you'd expect to have 3 times (200/3) shorter odds rather than a mere 25% shortening.

I'd suggest that your managerial situation and poor season last result in longer than expected odds. Similarly for 'Well, a good season last season sees them having shroter odds than some would expect.

What is Aberdeens wage budget for the year at the moment?

Just trying to compare with our 10-12.49M budget and put it in perspective.

Levein said recently most other teams now only spend 2M, but that seemed a wee bit low to me?

What is Aberdeens wage budget for the year at the moment?

Just trying to compare with our 10-12.49M budget and put it in perspective.

Levein said recently most other teams now only spend 2M, but that seemed a wee bit low to me?

TBH, not entirely sure.

I'd guess at around the 4m mark - inline with what is reported on the club finances site which was posted on this board the other day (http://www.football-finances.org.uk/aberde...countsnotes.htm)

Can't see it varying much although we did increase income through cup runs (x3). Might see us pay a fee or two and increase wages of players to stay (Zander, Miller, possibly Nicholson). The rest is (rightly so imo) being reinvested in the youth programme and servicing/reducing the debt.

walton1983

Madness!

Money. Hearts still spend way above the other teams outwith the old firm.

Haagse Jambo

The bookies cannot lose here, as usual. The SPL is probably one of the most certain 2-horse races in Europe. Yet I doubt if this was a horse-race, you would have 2 horses at odds-on.

I had Hearts at 150-1 in the Burley days- reasonable odds before El Lunatico intervened. But then there was an inherited core of Scottish internationals supplemented by the likes of Bednar, Skacel and Fyssas.

Today doesn't even begin to compare, so 150-1 are desperately poor odds.

Guest JamboRobbo
TBH, not entirely sure.

I'd guess at around the 4m mark - inline with what is reported on the club finances site which was posted on this board the other day (http://www.football-finances.org.uk/aberde...countsnotes.htm)

Can't see it varying much although we did increase income through cup runs (x3). Might see us pay a fee or two and increase wages of players to stay (Zander, Miller, possibly Nicholson). The rest is (rightly so imo) being reinvested in the youth programme and servicing/reducing the debt.

:food-smiley-004:

CornhillHearts

The Bulgarian Football Association has refused to allow CSKA Sofia to compete because of the debts of the club.

It said: "CSKA will not participate in the 2008/2009 Uefa Champions League as this is a final decision."

CSKA president Alexandar Tomov has resigned and took responsibility for the club's position and stated: "It is me and only me who is to blame."

CSKA won their 31st Bulgarian league title last season and are the country's most successful club.

An executive meeting of the Bulgarian FA will also decide whether to also now expel the club from the domestic premier league and relegate CSKA to the country's amateur third division.

"I'm not going to blame any of my subordinates because I'm the leading figure and everyone stares at me," said Tomov, who is to be replaced by chief executive Emil KOSTADINOV, a former CSKA player.

What are the odds for finishing 3rd?

At work and betting sites are blocked.

The Bulgarian Football Association has refused to allow CSKA Sofia to compete because of the debts of the club.

It said: "CSKA will not participate in the 2008/2009 Uefa Champions League as this is a final decision."

CSKA president Alexandar Tomov has resigned and took responsibility for the club's position and stated: "It is me and only me who is to blame."

CSKA won their 31st Bulgarian league title last season and are the country's most successful club.

An executive meeting of the Bulgarian FA will also decide whether to also now expel the club from the domestic premier league and relegate CSKA to the country's amateur third division.

"I'm not going to blame any of my subordinates because I'm the leading figure and everyone stares at me," said Tomov, who is to be replaced by chief executive Emil KOSTADINOV, a former CSKA player.

Seems a strange decision. By not being allowed to compete in the Champions League, and i'm guessing the UEFA cup, the club will lose out on ?10m+! If they rely on this money to stabilise the debt they will be fecked surely??

Around 1 million euros debts taxes to duty institutions and around 200 000 euros last transfer money debts for one player from bulgarian club. Very creazynes situation. Is big risk for profetional statut of my great CSKA. And this is in time in who little brother Mittal sell the club and deal is to finish. I'm sick...

Archived